All Comments on 'Damnest StoryD'

by H20wader

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
SAd!

This is one SAD tale! The walking dead!

If you forget about sex, life can go on, though!

wetapapwetapapalmost 19 years ago
loved it

had me laughing my ass off. i'm at that age where signs of some of those problems are rearing their ugly head, but not there yet. cute story, keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
The Lone Ranger...NOT

U R Not alone. Many of your problems are like mine. I am so desperate for sex that I'm thinking of trying men but I'm so fucked up, I doon't think even You would want me.

Life sucks!

DavefoDavefoalmost 19 years ago
Ouch, you are speaking the unspoken here.....

What can we say? I have several male friends in the 70s and

80s who have some of these problems. They are married to

great wives who are sticking with them.

As I leave my 50s, I look around me and don't like what is

happening to my friends, it is scary because I see it in my

future (maybe, maybe not...)...but it is scary. I don't mean

to be redundant, but scary seems to be the word my mind applies here.

As for suicide, if my religious views were different, I would probably do the same thing, as your lead character

stated, he did not believe in God. Too bad.

My heart goes out to the elderly who fight these battles

daily, without whimpering or demanding better this and that.

We could learn a lot from them. I hope and pray the Good

Lord helps their pain and makes life a little better for

them.

My mom (deceased) suddenly quit going out. My dad had died

a year or two earlier and she suddenly became a recluse.

I was worried, my other family members were also concerned

that depression had caught up with her, so we re-doubled

our efforts to get her to "go somewhere" with us and she

adamantly refused. After her death, a family member who

lived near her (I live a thousand miles away) told me she

was only depressed because she could not comfortably travel

to visit her sons and so on. HUH? My mom was incontinent.

She wore depends her final year or so. Only one family

member knew, and I am guessing it was because she could still drive. She bought my mom that stuff.

Depression comes in all sizes, shapes and reasons. Some can

be medically induced, be very, very careful about SSRIs.

Sorry H2o, I did not mean to "pontificate" here, just to make sure our readers understand what our friends may be

going through.

Thanks for speaking the unspoken.....Dave

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Interestingly Informative 0r What Goes Around

may or may not come around in time. As long as we are word playing - flexibility is not always good but as life unwinds change and dealing with it is a necessary reality.

Remember who opened this box author. Younger people can't or won't contemplate - don't have the time - fail to understand that they are creating their future with each thought and action as we did. Scary but true. We are not only what we eat but who we were as history shapes not just the body but the minds attitude towards what will happen and how to deal with what is left.

Half full or half empty affects outcome regardless of age but elders spend more time at it as realities cause realism.

As a reflective 63 year old, experience in many facets of life isn't always enough to excite or maintain interest in fishing or hunting for the next level. The mind seeks what the body could once do but the levels wanted are often higher than the body argues is reasonable today. I suppose it's true in all segments of physical activity but to a normal male used to instantaneous desire if not satisfaction it can be a troubling self full filling forecast.

Since the mind is the most significant tool in sexual gratification, attitude is critical and must be realistically shaped by the todays posssibilities not yesterdays.

In part, age and history explain why many 50ies + are here seeking stimulations once attainable more easily without or with partners once more interested or accesible.

So, it is with relief and concern that I'm here with you and the other provicators. Relief because it's the next level to my minds ability to feel good about the need for more sexuality albeit not the real thing of yesterday - yet it's the best possible today and on most days. The concern is the evidence of the 20"s, 30"s and youngers here who spend tomarrow without the reality of next weeks needs.

A young man I once knew (me) loved Carmel Cake - so one day reflecting on the pleasure of small pieces bought a whole cake and ate it at a single setting - slight overkill eh - suffice it to say - the desire was satisfied and the sickness resulted - the memory drafted - the result was not another piece of Carmel Cake was desired again - it was on to other things - now Hagendaz - there's a treat - but having learned once - it's only purchased in small containers so the yearning isn't sufficated by over the indulgence visited once upon a Carmel Cake.

Enough - Author thanks for the imagination and guts to say what others may choose to ignore - "Life is not a dress rehersal" - is it. Pick and choose as whats done is yours for a long time. with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Oh So True!

Golly, where to begin? You could quite easily be writing about me. Me? Well, ok, us. We've been together for about 37 years. Both of us had very little experience when we married. We bought books and rented movies and soon learned what we liked or didn't like. It all went much too fast.

I'm pushing 60 real hard now and she's sneaking up on 55. Due to prostate problems, my only answer is viagra and it gives me a headache. Her body won't respond due to the heart medication she has to take.

The desire is still in our minds but our bodys have basically said 'not tonight' so all that leaves is a lot of hugging during the day and cuddling in bed at night.

You have done a very good job of bringing the problems of those in their 'golden?' years into the open. It is nice to know that we are not alone.

Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Uffda!

We're the same age Bud! I don't have your problems, but I have your problems! Laugh a little every day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Redirect your energy

There is nothing finer than a brisk morning with that special "pop" on the surface that only you can recognize. The satisfaction of fooling your prey and reeling him in is what makes it all worthwhile. Kevin

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
HHhhhMMMmmm

This story has a familiar ring to it... not like one I have read, more like one lived. The details are different of course, but the frustration and humiliation is very similar. Thanks for putting words to this type of pain.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Wow

Incredibly honest and sad. Only good thing is through all of your problems, your wife never cheated. That's it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Painful fiction

A vivid imagination is required to find that one and put it to print -

Pretty well written - a couple of grammatical errors but nothing too egregious - thanks -

Joe_jr2Joe_jr2about 5 years ago
Life

Easy on the hammer that nail is in solid. LOL

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
Oh SHIT!

That's just a little too close to home.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

***Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sad story - very well written by a very sensitive author- great description of the pain (physical and psychological) endured.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous