All Comments on 'Dan and the Bottle Ch. 19'

by disableddan

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading this chapter and am looking forward to reading many more. Thank you for sharing.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Awesome

Too bad this guys wasn't here for my first 18 years of life , when I lived in communism . Awesome story !

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
gun nut

Fascinating to peer into the mind of a gun nut who thinks collecting machine guns is more important than thinking about all the school gun massacres (while he sits at home, holding his 'piece').

disableddandisableddanover 9 years agoAuthor
First off

'anonymous', at least I have guts enough to use a name. Second, name a single

'school massacre' in which a machine gun was used. Take your time, I'll wait. On second thought, no, I won't. It HASN'T HAPPENED.; EVER. In fact, there are numerous collectors all over the country of machine guns, and guess what? Not a single one has ever been convicted of any crime. EVER. I've known a few, over the years, and in fact, they're pretty mellow people. The only 'gun nuts' I've ever met are the knee jerk, whiny liberals who are constantly pushing to take away our rights as guaranteed under the second amendment. The same whiny liberals, in fact, that want to let mental patients and convicted criminals out of jails and nut houses. Like I said before.... if you don't like the libertarian point of view, or cherish the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, don't whine to me about it. As far as I'm concerned, you'd be much better off in Communist China, where you don't have to think.... the Politburo will do it for you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Gun nut? NOT!!

All of your chapters have been awesome. Explaining the guns etc doesn't bother me at all. Keep up the good work, My only complaint? Missing reading your story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
All the way to chapter 19 set in a post-WW3 world,

and the guy brings up your habit of writing about guns. Hey anonymous 1, this just in: This writer also writes about cars, trucks, computers, planes, helicopters and more.

If that wasn't too obscure for you, he also writes in the English language.

Oh yeah, he also writes at the start of most chapters what his personal politics are. If they are contrary to yours, sit with it and read for the sake of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Free America

I have enjoyed reading your novel Look forward to the next installment when the Kentuckiana Ohioans take to to the Cubans and The collaborators

disableddandisableddanover 9 years agoAuthor
Sorry, folks....

For going off on a rant, there... I do get tired of whiny liberals who ignore the warnings that I'm not politically correct and have no patience for people who don't understand four simple words... 'shall not be infringed'. The last time I checked my Webster's, the word 'not' is an absolute term... it doesn't mean something different on Thursday, nor does it hold a different meaning when uttered by some loose lipped, power hungry, left wing politician with little or no gray matter above the brainstem. Stay tuned.... I'm working on another chapter as we speak, and I'll try to get it out there a little quicker this time. No promises, though.... as I've stated, it's a big country, and there's still a lot of ground to cover.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
He he he, look what you've done! Awesome as always

It seems you can't write a single chapter without sparking a full out debate about gun regulation and/or weed haha, but I'll keep my opinions for the end of my comment.

You may recall my last anonymous comment complaining that everything was going far too well, (nitrogen gas silver platter) and whether it was my comment or your own brilliance, I'm glad it was reflected in the latest chapter. Interesting way for it to happen as well, with an old nuke - I must say, it was a welcome refresher, even if it was disastrous in the story.

I like how you've developed the additional rebel/resistance groups as well, but hope that you combine it all in the coming few chapters, or divide it into sub chapters, so that the reader doesn't get lost as to where the 'main' character is, and their individual challenges. It isn't much of a problem now, but just an idea if the resistance movement keeps spreading like it's doing now.

As for a possible pushback from the Chinese/Cubans, they must have known of each others existence, and come to some sort of agreement in the past over who owned what, OR are actively fighting each other now, unknown to us right now. I see a possible alliance against a common enemy in the future, something that could spe trouble for our heroes if the Chinese get their **** together. You've made it clear that the Chinese have the numerical advantage, if not locally, it would be interesting to see them exercise it.

In any case, terrific writing as always, and I hope that my ideas might help! As for my opinion on gun/weed laws, in my opinion if someone wanted to kill someone, they'll find a way like they did for millenium before the firearm was invented. The thought of confiscating a bow over the possibility of it being used to kill someone was inconceivable, not only because it was used to hunt, but also because that back in those days a sword or a dagger was also a viable option. While machine guns may make it easier for the mentally ill killers to kill more, it doesn't mean that they are the root of the problem. Ideally, someone who was mentally ill, or who was in the frame of mind to hurt someone would be identified before an incident, and treated accordingly. However, because we don't live in an ideal world, crime will happen with or without guns. Taking them away doesn't solve the root issue, but makes it appear to be fixed, and appeases the politics of the situation.

ANYWAY. Sorry about the ranting, on to the second (and hopefully shorter) topic: weed. While smoking weed isn't good for the lungs, as any smoke, the effect of the weed itself is largely understood to be if not harmless, beneficial. So if you want to go smoke, by all means, it doesn't offend me in the least. Personally, I'll use the oil and vaporize it, so I'm not inhaling the smoke. While more expensive than simple weed, I'd prefer to keep my lungs in (aside from city pollution -sigh-) working order.

SO. Long comment short, great chapter, love to see more resistance from the Chinese/Cubans, guns aren't the issue, weed is awesome, and keep up the good writing! I look forward to your next chapter.

Cheers,

Dennis

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story... loved all of it

I don't see the threat to the future being china... I think the real threat is gonna be Islam... the Islamification of the world has already started with the Halal Certification being almost everywhere... it is nothing but a scam with the money going to build mosques and to support terrorism... google some of it, you'll be surprised and scared. Islam is NOT a religion; it's a cult promising to kill anyone who don't think like them. Halal Certification is an islam tax producing over 10 trillion dollars in 2014 and will grow to 15 trillion next year. the gov't and media and facebook are trying to be politically correct and not let anyone say anything negative about Islam.... so much for freedom of speech. explore Halal Choices and Pamela Geller

disableddandisableddanover 9 years agoAuthor
Ok, guys

Let me take these in the order I've read them. First, yes,

I'm still adding new characters, new groups, new locations. As I said, it's a big country, and I haven't covered half of it yet.

I had already written about the leftover nuke, your comment came in before I had a chance to 'deploy' it. Not everything will go the way the new militias are planning, I'll be the first to admit it.

No, I haven't forgotten radical Islam; I just haven't gotten to that part of the country yet. It will come into play eventually... and, of course, there's still another half to this continent to explore. The northern half, to be specific. Their immigration system is just as screwed up as our own, in its own way. I don't want to say any more about that, as I've already given up a bit too much, I think.

All of this will be showing up in future chapters, and (spoiler alert) I still have another ace to play with the Chinese, as well. Some characters will be left behind, a few more are going to die, and new ones will be introduced as more areas of the country come into play. I'm a long way from finished with this, folks.

disableddandisableddanover 9 years agoAuthor
Chapter 20 has been submitted.

I'll be starting on 21 in the next few days, and I still have a few ideas for upcoming chapters beyond that. Bear with me folks... health issues have been getting in my way at times, but I'm writing as fast as the muse allows.

Oh, yes, before I forget. I keep getting nasty comments and e-mails from liberal nitwits who can't seem to get it through their thick skulls that I could care less about their 'opinions'.... what they've been brainwashed to say by their socialist masters. From this point forward, such comments will be deleted out of hand. I just don't have the time to try to reason with these fools anymore, and if they don't like it, that's their problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Have you noticed...?

The "gun grabbers" all seem to think "semi-automatic" and "auto-loader" are synonyms for "machine gun", and consider them all to be "assault weapons". How stupid can they get...(no, don't answer that, I don't want to know, they're stupid enough now!) They refuse to see that assault can be committed with knives, clubs, even bare hands; guns aren't the problem, the people committing the assaults are. Then when the jury buys the sob story about the poor, downtrodden perpetrator being insane at the time and find him/her "Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity" I find THAT insane. The choices should be "Guilty", "Not Guilty", or "Guilty But Insane" and if insane, the judge should order commitment rather than release back to the street. I know...I know...that sounds like jailing an innocent, but being insane does not make one innocent, it makes one dangerous to one's self and others around you and requiring treatment, not getting cut loose to have another episode.

Also, ALL of the mass shootings have occurred in GUN FREE ZONES...the shooter ignores the signs banning guns and goes hunting in a area where no one can shoot back! Stupid, stupid, stupid. Israel has the right idea, they let teachers pack heat and no terrorist has gotten past the front doors of the schools there.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous