All Comments on 'Dara Leaves with Her Husband'

by LolaPaul49

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Godawful writing

Sorry, but you just can't write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
garbage

One Star

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not even a GREAT editor could save this mess.

I find it hard to believe you're an educator from the midwest as your profile claims. Your writing demonstrates a very poor comprehension of the English language and I found it impossible to believe you even proof read this train wreck once. Badly done.

1 star

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
.LP, very good. I think the details and pithy observations turn some off

Love it. TY!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

You're an educator? in what? How to write badly?

Terribly written, YOU need to go back to school and be educated on the English language.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ANOTHER 5 STARS

Unlike part one, where I noted no language problems, part two and this part had some. Noticeable, but not offensive.

Was still intriguing, as she is getting the "education" to orient her to American culture and the higher society she is now in as the wife of a learned, connected, wealthy, international professor. Though not as intriguing as Part 01, with its descriptions of poverty in a foreign culture, nor Part 02, which had that interesting contrived scene of one-upmanship at the bank. But still, the conversion of a poverty stricken, homely (ugly?) in the face girl, to a rich, beautiful, cultured, connected wife maintains a considerable level of interest. As well as the sexual orientation and discovery which merits its placement in LitEROTICA.

Part of the appeal of this story is the esteem in which Sung holds his new bride. Even when he is firm (harsh?) with others, he is considerate of her and her wishes. I do not enjoy stories of forcing, degradation or even coercion. At the same time, Sung seems to maintain an almost-slightly-aloof level of firmness, control, and guidance that causes you to look up to him. Reminds me of the term "beneficent dictator.". People who use their wealth and power for the good of others -- a much-to-be-admired and too often overlooked quality. I think of the wealthy family, owners of the huge factory (more employees than the population of the town!) in the small town where I once lived. Thousands of people and the economic base of several counties benefitted from their industry and generosity. Although, as I'm afraid too often happens with the beneficent rich, I think they were sometimes taken for granted or criticized for their "mistakes." Divurging to one of my hobby horses, America is much dependent on the often-maligned "big business." A mom and pop operation would produce cars affordable only by the very rich. Thousands of products are affordable due to big business. Making the rich poor would not help the rest of us. As Rush Limbaugh once observed, do you want to work for a guy living out of a cardboard box underneath an overpass?

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous