Dark Arrow Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The hatred, anger and anguish filling them caused him to suck in a hasty breath and nearly recoil from her.

"Take care of yourself Rattler," she whispered soft and low, "and don't get in my way. I don't want to hurt you, but I meant every word I said. If you make me deal with you we won't be the only ones to go down tonight, and I promise you that you'll regret every second after you make that decision." He opened his mouth to say something, but there was nothing left to say.

The pieces were in play and he couldn't stop this anymore. All he could do was warn the people he worked for. He nodded quietly and she vanished from his store leaving him to heave a sigh. He let several minutes elapse before he reached into his register and retrieved an ear bud.

"Did you hear any of that," he murmured low, listening to the irate response he ground his teeth.

"Look this is your problem now. You were wrong about her, or maybe you weren't before but you are now. She's changed, and she's coming for everyone." Again a burst of static and cursing in his ear and the muscle in his jaw ticked as he fought to control his rising anger.

"This is on you. I did what I could, but you fucked up. I don't know who you thought she was or what you thought she'd do but the woman that just walked out of here is nothing like the file you gave me. All we can do now is wait for her next move." Ripping the earbud out he flung it across the room and slammed his fist into the table.

"God Damn It!" He swore under his breath, gripping the table with white knuckles until he heard the material start to groan and crack. "How did I fuck this up! Bad enough I fucked up before but this time..." He glanced swiftly around the room and his eyes hardened.

"Not this time god damn it!" He'd fucked up royally, there was no denying that. Still he had a chance to make it right, and more importantly he had the equipment and contacts to make it right. Grabbing his communicator he punched in a call. It was time to put this mess to bed and to do that it was time to call in some favors. He was done sitting on the sidelines being a failure.

This time he was going to fight once more, whether it killed him or not.

"God help you girl," he whispered under his breath. "You have no idea the hell you're about to call down Erillia."