Dark Fate Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He hadn't raised his voice but Verona visibly paled. All conversation around them ground to a halt, everyone eagerly waiting to witness what might happen next.

Levy, believing that Verona might snap and attack Aislinn, placed himself between them, nothing would be getting through him. While Aislinn was embarrassed to be the center of attention it also felt great to have Levy defending her so vehemently. Levy was ready and willing to kill the pedestal right out from under Verona and put her in her place and by doing so he would end her nightmarish reign of torment.

For the first time since approaching them Verona looked directly at Aislinn, the fear in her eyes quickly replaced by an overwhelming and all consuming hatred.

"You little slut, what did you do to trick Levy into paying attention to you?"

Knowing that Levy was on the verge of strangling Verona, Aislinn stepped around him to stand eye to eye with Verona. With Levy at her back the fear she'd once had for the repercussions against Verona vanished.

Without warning Aislinn drew her fist back and punched Verona squarely in the face, putting as much of her pent up rage into her swing as she could. Her hand would hurt like hell later but in the end it would be worth it. Verona fell backwards, her nose starting to bleed profusely.

"Your jealousy is really unflattering Verona, it makes you look so ugly. I'm not like you Verona, I don't have to lower myself to the level of a whore to get what I want!"

"WHY YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!"

Levy tried to step in front of Aislinn to protect her but she pushed him away. This was her fight and she was determined to win it using her own strength.

It was sad just how easy it was to dodge Verona's enraged head on assault. As Aislinn side stepped her, she stuck out her food just enough to trip her. Verona went flying forward into the nearby trash bin, toppling over it and spilling garbage all over on the ground around her.

In a sudden show of support, those who had gathered around them started clapping for Aislinn while jeering and laughing at Verona. Though the tables were now turned and Aislinn was the victor she couldn't help feeling a twinge of sadness for Verona. Thanks to Verona, Aislinn knew well the pain of being mocked and laughed at and now Verona would experience that same devastating isolation.

"Abandon this unfounded hatred you have Verona. Leave Aislinn alone or you will regret it!" Levy threatened before taking Aislinn's hand and leading her through the crowd that parted to let them through.

Aislinn had long dreamed of this moment but her victory felt empty and hollow. It all seemed like such a waste and knowing that no one would stick around to help Verona made her feel a little bit guilty.

After a few minutes the adrenaline pumping through her body began to taper off and pain reared its ugly head. It didn't take long before it became near unbearable. She tried her best to ignore it and keep up the facade of invulnerability in front of everyone but as soon as they were inside the nearest building she dropped to her knees, nursing her hand against her chest, tears blurring her vision.

Levy had her up in his arms in an instant, merging his mind with hers so he could block out the pain as he took her to the infirmary. He was a man of many talents but unfortunately healing wasn't one of them.

Aislinn snuggled her head against Levy's chest expecting to be comforted by the sound of his heartbeat but after a long moment it dawned on her that he had none. Until today, until that nightmare, she'd been able to ignore all the weird or unsettling things she'd noticed about him but now she just couldn't lie to herself anymore, she finally believed that he truly was a vampire.

She asked herself the same question she'd been asking herself a lot lately, what the hell had she gotten herself into?!

12