Dark Horse Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Forget about trying to track down your Dad. Always in a meeting, or flying of to anywhere but home. And there you were." She patiently stroked the kinks from Velvet's hair. "Gentle and beautiful, but... sad. Afraid. How could I not want to take you away? To make you safe?" She paused, working through a particularly stubborn .

"You would have these moments out there, when you were riding, when you left it all behind. Just moments. You would get this smile, and... and as soon as you would hop down, I could watch it all catch up to you. Like a shadow crossing your face." Another brief pause. The rhythmic brushing motion was soothing. "So... here we are. I know there's going to be some growing pains, but I am patient, and that life is behind you now."

In all three mirrors, it was still a sad little girl who stared back at her. The woman behind the girl, however... the woman who dominated the girl, was smiling. She held up a ridge of the girls hair, inspecting it from multiple angles, and then let it fall. "Oh yes," she murmured under her breath, but when she continued, it was at normal volume. "Stand up." Ms. Winters took her by the shoulder and ushered her toward the heavy wooden door. She waited while the door swung open, and when the taller woman pointed, she took a few tentative steps into the darkened room beyond. "You're going to like this."

Velvet moaned and nearly collapsed when the lights flicked on a moment later. She was in a long room, and in the space before her were four horse stalls. Spacious, sturdily constructed of a wonderful smelling pine. Rebar in the windows to reduce cribbing. In another life, she thought morbidly, I would have killed for this.

Ms. Winters walked straight ahead, to the second stall, and slid open the door. "In," she said brusquely.

Velvet padded across the concrete to the threshold and looked around. Fresh sawdust covered nearly all of the floor, except for a pile of hay in one corner. "Where do..." She opened her mouth again and shut it, struggling to figure out how to phrase a question. "Where... will... Velvet? Sleep?"

Her effort was rewarded with a smile, and fingernails run gently through her hair. "There's a blanket on the wall, but it gets cool down here. You'll want to sleep on the hay. You might be a little itchy in the morning, but you'll get used to it." She shook her head and tried to take a step back but the fingers in her hair quickly tightened, and Velvet found herself being thrown forward with a strangled cry. Her foot caught on the frame, and she tumbled down into the sawdust. The door slammed shut behind her before she'd recovered, and she stood up just in time to see Ms. Winters standing next to the heavy wooden door with her hand on the light switch. "See you in the morning."