Dark Magic Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No one visited the Great Library these days unless they were a librarian. Mages stayed away and the common people of Nycene had no use for the knowledge within its walls. Some nobles may come to the first few floors once in a while, but only if they want to impress their friends or mistresses with some random bit of knowledge that they could only get from a script. Other than that, it was silent, only our boots echoed as we walked through the shelves of bound paper script, moving from one floor to the next.

"I hope Gene hasn't changed rooms," I pondered once we had finally reached the fiftieth floor. We were all sweating and out of breath, including Maverick.Here the sheaves were replaced by rows of wooden doors. Once upon a time the apartments behind the doors would have all housed librarians. Now only three or four lived on each floor, making the dimly lit stone hallways eerie in the late evening.

"Gene?" Celeste asked, "Is that the librarian's name?"

"Yes," I nodded, "And I'm sure he's still in the hovel of an apartment he was in last time I saw him," I headed down a hall of doors, more cautious of our movements now that we were near potential observers, "This way."

We turned left around a corner and went down another hall, which turned once more, this time to the right. This short corridor ended at a wooden door lit above by a floating orb of light. A plaque on door read "Gene Walker". I smiled and knocked.

Moments later the door flew open and a very old man wearing a dirty old smock covered with stains over a similarly dirty tunic and breeches stood frowning in front of us. "What is...," he began to grumble and then trailed off, his frown becoming an open expression of horror when he recognized who I was, "Get in here!" he hissed angrily and shooed us all inside.

We all rushed past the old man at his urging, stepping around the stacks of books and clutter that filled the small living space that Gene called home. The windows were still visible through the mess, and I could see the lights of the nearby palace tower twinkling above the city of Nycene.

"Miss me?" I asked as the librarian slammed the door and ran the bolt home.

"What are you doing back in Nycene?" Gene demanded, nervously wiping his hands on his smock and eyeing Maverick and Celeste, "And with an elf and a Summoned in tow? Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"Already tried," I said, "But we took care of that. This is Celeste by the way," I pointed to the nymph, "And Maverick."

"Sit down," Gene said, pointing to what had once been a couch but was now another bookshelf.

I cleared the books while Gene disappeared into a small adjacent room which I assumed was the kitchen, rattling away and muttering to himself about foolish mages. He came back a few moments later with three cups of tea, offering Celeste and I each one and taking one for himself.

"I'm glad to see you made it out of Nycene alive," Gene noted as he relaxed into the only clean piece of furniture in the place, an old wooden rocking chair, "After that business with your master..."

"Not now, Gene," I said with a nervous glance toward my companions, "I came back with something I thought you might be interested in."

"Not a good excuse to come back at all," Gene lectured, "The King wants you dead or alive. Preferably alive. You've caused him many sleepless nights and I think he wants to repay the favor."

"Later," I waved a dismissive hand and pulled out The Source, knowing it would change the subject abruptly.

"What in the...," Gene got up and took the orb when I offered it out to him, "Where did you find this?"

"In an Ancient city called Hester Roc deep in the northeast forest," I said, "Celeste showed me where it was."

"'The Source'...," Gene frowned, reading the script along the brass pedestal, "And do you have any idea what this smoke inside is?"

I shook my head, "I was hoping you might be able to give us any sort of clue on what this thing might be. It dates back to the Elvish Wars, but that's all we can determine." I didn't mention my theory about it being a well of magic, I did not want to bias Gene's observations in any way.

"Clearly," Gene said thoughtfully, "It was a gift to the loyal humans of this Hester Roc or Roc Hester. One of many similar such gifts I imagine. There is nothing particularly ornate or ceremonious about the physical design. But this one has managed to weather the years untouched."

"The room it was in was also untouched," I relayed, "And as soon as we took it out, time came crashing in, rotting the wood and destroying the rock."

Gene gave us all a long, hard look, "Give me time to examine it," he finally said "You both look exhausted," he pointed to Celeste and I, "There's the spare room down the hall if you'd like to sleep."

I nodded and stood, "Thank you." Celeste stood as well.

"The Summoned can keep watch out here if he'd like," Gene said, "In the morning we'll discuss all of this. If this thing is what I think it may be, you've brought a whole world of trouble to my doorstep..." I quirked an eyebrow, which Gene waved away. "Bed, and then more tomorrow." He turned away and I shrugged at Celeste. Arguing with Gene would be pointless. If he wanted us to go sleep, I was not inclined to protest too much anyway.

"Come on," I said and turned to Maverick, "Keep watch. And no casting. By now I'm sure the King himself has learned of the Investigator's disappearance."

He nodded. Picking my way across the main room, I led Celeste to the hallway in the back of the apartment that led to the latrines and bedrooms. Our's was at the end and when we went inside, I was shocked at the neatness. It was small, with a bed big enough to sleep two comfortably, a desk and chair, a wash basin, and a cabinet for clothes.

"A little dusty," Celeste observed, running a finger over the desk, and holding up the dirtied tip.

A light orb had illuminated when we had entered the room, casting a warm yellow glow. The lights throughout the home had been gifts from my master to Gene.

I stripped off my tunic and stretched out on the bed over the sheets with a loud groan of content.

"So I have to ask," I said as I started to kick off my boots with my feet, "This thing we have with Maverick. How are you enjoying it?" This was our first opportunity to talk since the previous night's activities.

Celeste smiled, "I love it," she got on the bed and knelt over me, looking down with those mesmerizing green eyes, "It's hot and daring and it makes me cum so much." She moved her leg so that she straddled my bare chest. I could feel the heat of her sex through her breeches. "But," she said, sliding up my chest and bringing the spicy aroma of her arousal closer to my nostrils, "Nothing beats a one-on-one session with you."

"Take those off," I begged, forgetting all about Maverick, Gene, and The Source in a flash.

Celeste giggled and stood over me, sliding her breeches down and off and then coming back down to my chest. A drop of cum escaped her lips and dribbled onto my skin before sliding off to the side, followed by another.

I grabbed Celeste's hips and yanked her up so that her cunt was poised above my lips, eliciting a squeal of surprise from the nymph. A dollop of cream flooded from inside her channel and landed on my waiting tongue. Its effect was instantaneous, and my lust soared.

Keeping a firm grip on Celeste's hips I ground her cunt down onto my lips and began to kiss and suck them with vigor.

"Fuck," she moaned as her arousal dripped down my chin.

"Do you like it when I lick your cunt?" I said hungrily, sucking her clit into my mouth and biting on it gently.

"Yes!" she cried, her hands coming up her body to fondle her own breasts.

I released one hand from her body and eased two of my fingers into her channel, coaxing more of her intoxicating arousal out of her cunt. She gripped the digits tightly and a small spurt of cream escaped into my mouth.

"Ride my tongue," I said, removing my fingers and urging her hips against my head, my head swirling with her scent.

Celeste began to shift her hips on her own, moving against my lips as I continued to explore her cunt. Cum was flowing freely and I knew she would cum soon. She was always so easy to orgasm.

After a few more hard thrusts against my tongue, she came undone, spilling her cream all down my chin and neck as she stifled a scream of rapture. I held her still, her thighs holding my head hostage as she rode out the highest crest of her release. And when she finally stopped moaning and rubbing against me, Celeste climbed off with a pleased sigh.

"Your turn," she said, and pulled down my breeched. She then spent the next five minutes sucking and licking me to my own satisfying orgasm, which she imbibed with lewd enjoyment.

After, when we were both spent and lying naked and sweaty next to each other in the dimming glow of the magic orb, I told Celeste my secret. "I want you to stay with me for a while," I confessed, pulling her against my body, "I'm really glad I found companionship with you. And I don't say that to a lot of people. I mostly travel alone, going from town to town. From girl to girl. But something about you draws me in every day and holds me there."

I could almost feel Celeste smile, "Well lucky for you I'm not getting sick of this little arraignment we have going on either. Despite all the danger you put me in, I'm actually rather enjoying myself. This is the exact kind of life a nymph always dreams of. Wild adventure and even wilder sex."

Chuckling, I closed my eyes, and the orb of light extinguished. "Good," I said, "Because there's plenty more adventure to come. And sex of course. I have a feeling that what Gene has to say about The Source is going to surprise us all."

Soon after, we slept. Unaware that the next day would be the best and worst of our adventure to Nycene...

*****

The way the story is currently progressing in my head, part one of this adventure is wrapping up next chapter. When that happens, I'm considering doing a perspective shift to Celeste's point of view. The reason why might make more sense after this next chapter.

It think this will open a lot of possibilities in terms of story line and sex scenes. I just hope it won't be too confusing.

12