Dark Prince

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The voices began again. Embrace your true destiny, dark prince. Hurt her. Rape her. Bathe in the warmth of her blood.

All around, the sounds of the forest surrounding the meadow quieted, until the only thing that remained was the soulful sigh of the breeze whispering through the tall trees surrounding them. Mmaaassster—it seemed to hiss.

Yellow eyes peered at him from within the dark shadows of the forest. A large black bird circled a few paces away and settled itself on the ground, transforming into the all too familiar black devil called Samael.

Take your pleasure before killing her, master... or after—the devil snickered. Whichever you prefer, my dark prince.

Devon bared his teeth, his eyes narrowed on the woman before him, a growl rumbling deep in his throat. "Yesss!"

Chapter Five

Angel's rage did not blind her. She was fully aware of the transformation that came over Devon. His eyes blazed brighter, his lips curled back and an unholy growl rumbled from his throat. This was the beast responsible for the demise of her entire planet. Because of him, her race was bred on slave farms by Grei aliens, and then sold throughout the galaxy.

Angel felt her fury and loathing ignite hotter as every memory of her childhood replayed itself in her mind; the hunger, the filthy cages where the children were kept for years, like animals. When she started blooming into womanhood, the Grei's began the intensive pleasure slave training. Her virginity remained untouched, but they would put her in simulator crypts where a hallucinogenic gas was pumped around her... then the images were projected into her mind. She would be repeatedly raped for hours on end by every kind of alien beast imaginable. Some were nothing more than animals never meant to couple with a human. Others were putrid blobs of slime with eyes and tentacles that would probe every orifice she possessed. Once, she'd been subjected to the horrifying experience of being violated by a creature that looked like a tree.

Angel saw Devon reach over his head. He unsheathed a sword from thin air. It appeared with a flash of blue-white fire. The hilt was gold and intricately carved with jewels that gleamed in the bright sun blazing over their heads. Her vision seemed to blur a second before he suddenly appeared four paces from her. She gasped and crouched in battle stance, waiting for him to make the first move.

He stopped growling, his face changing to an agonized expression as he lifted the hand holding the sword. The blade floated from his grasp to her. She watched, astonished, as Devon knelt, head bowed, before her. He stretched his arms out submissively. "Angel... kill me... please."

All of Angel's rage was sucked out of her system much like oxygen in a breached airlock. He looked like a repentant ch... No. All those rippling muscles bore no resemblance to an innocent child. His sinful body was designed to ignite the darkest, lustful degeneracy of whoever gazed upon it. Even now, she felt tempted beyond reason to forget her vows of celibacy as a fledgling priestess and succumb to the seductive pull he exuded.

With an angered, self-disgusted snarl, she grabbed the floating sword and impaled it in the ground between them. He flinched, but didn't raise his eyes to her. "Do it yourself, you coward!"

She turned and stalked off into the shade of the trees. Angel needed to put as much distance between her and the stunning blue-eyed demon as possible. Cold water. She needed cold water.

Her boots crunched over the myriad of twigs and fallen leaves covering the forest floor. Sweat broke out on her brow, but not because of the heat. It was relatively cool under the canopy of green that swathed the verdant woodland. A few rays of golden light filtered through the emerald leaves, casting a magical glow all around her. However, the beauty of the surroundings failed to enthrall her. The trees... they brought back the nightmarish memories.

The sound of snapping twigs had her spinning back, her heart in her throat. There was no one behind her but the swaying trees. Leaves fluttered down, twirling like dancing green fairies and a few birds hopped around in the branches twittering cheerily to one another. She looked around but there was no one in sight.

"Devon?" Silence. "I will cut you to ribbons if you're playing tricks on me." The breeze whispering. Another twig snapping had her drawing her dagger out again and spinning the other way.

The trees continued to sway to the melody of the breeze. More leaves fluttered down. She began walking faster, but skidded to a halt when she glimpsed the shape of a dark figure from the corner of her eye. A black bird? When she turned her head to look, all she saw were more trees stretching out endlessly. Devon couldn't be hiding behind any of those trees. His shoulders were too wide to pull it off. She shook her head. No. Her mind was only playing tricks on her.

Angel turned, and took a step forward, walking into a tangle of vines that had not been there before. The thick vines twisted around her neck as she tried to get it off, and then wrapped around her arms. Panic gripped her as she fell flailing to the forest floor. The memories of past horrors emerged again in her mind, and soon she was screaming, unable to free herself.

"Oh, goddess, no! Please no!" They're going to rape me again. A dark mist rolled over the forest, shrouding everything in darkness. Only shadows remained. She screamed until her throat felt raw, kicking, and tugging at the vines to no avail. She felt them tightening around her.

Strong hands gripped her shoulders as she tried to claw the vines away from her face, tearing her skin in the process.

"No. Angel, don't. You're hurting yourself."

She continued to thrash, wanting the disgusting vines off her. "Get it off! Get them off!"

Hands wrapped around her wrists, pulling against a solid, warm chest. "There's nothing there, Angel. It's all in your mind."

Her screams intensified when she heard the hiss of the tree-creatures. "No! No!"

Angel, let me into your memories. Baby, let me help you.

Devon's face appeared in the mist. He held her in the protective circle of his arms and her fingers clutched at his lean waist when she realized she was no longer covered in vines. A raspy howl drew her attention. They both turned to see the tree-creatures moving toward them. The red eyes glowing, the blackened wooden limbs reaching out, as well as the root-like tentacles that slithered like snakes on the mist covered ground. Angel whimpered and hid her face in Devon's chest.

"No, baby. You've got to face them." He tilted her face to his, using his thumbs to wipe at her tears. "Slay them, Angel. Let's do it together."

"They'll grab me. They'll hurt me again." She wanted to trust him, but her abject fear of the creatures held her prisoner.

Devon pressed his forehead to hers. She could feel him in her head, hear the screams of her past as every horror replayed itself for him. He snarled and drew back from her. Something cold and hard pressed into her palm. She looked down to see him placing a sword in her palm.

"Show me the warrior that you are, Angel. Destroy your enemies without mercy. I'll be right by your side."

The tree creatures were a few paces away. The trembling in her limbs faded and she felt oddly numb as she stared at her... prey.

"Kill them." His seductive voice crooned in her ear as he moved around behind her. "Kill, Angel. Kill. See their blood on your sword, my princess."

She looked at the blade in her hand, her eyes traveling up her arm, taking in the power waiting to be unleashed. She could do this... had to do this.

The weight of the sword felt right as she lifted it with a roar and sprang forth. Branches and leaves flew everywhere. Behind the tree-creatures were more aliens. Heads flew, blood sprayed and the bodies piled higher. Devon's powerful form hacked away beside her. It was more than just mindless slaughter. They danced; the dance of death, the ballet of destruction. She kicked a hairy Trod toward him as she impaled a spiked Gryvene. Devon welcomed the hairy Trod swinging his blade horizontally and splitting the creature in half. Blood sprayed them both. He grinned at her. He was magnificent to watch during battle and she took every opportunity to whack as many disgusting creatures his way as possible.

Soon, they were surrounded by corpses and blood. She stood panting with satisfaction as her gaze went over the fruits of their bloody rampage. Devon's arm sliding around her waist made her look up at him. He smiled at her with a look of pride warming his eyes. She felt an answering smile tickling the corners of her lips. He grasped her hand and led her through the mist to a door that appeared out of nowhere. When they crossed the threshold, they emerged into the Utuduodian forest again.

Close the door, Angel—he whispered into her mind. She obeyed without question. The metal door was as thick as her arm and groaned on its hinges. The sound of metal clanging closed echoed throughout the forest. Now lock it. When she looked at the door, there was a round dial three feet in diameter with the impression of a sword in it. Looking at the sword Devon had given her, it looked as if it might fit. The sword sunk perfectly with the impression. She turned it like a key and a clicking noise could be heard as well as metal sliding inside the door. Something slid into place with a decisive clang. She removed the sword and it fizzled into a cloud of glittering sparks before disappearing all together. The door began to fade and soon it too was gone. Devon pulled her into his arms. They will never hurt you again, Angel. Do you believe me?

She closed her eyes, basking in the warmth he emanated. Yes.

Do you trust me? He kissed the crown of her head.

Yes. She inhaled his essence; sea breeze and tempest. A storm gathering over an ocean. She wondered if she were dreaming all of this and was lying somewhere in the forest still tangled in the vines. He hugged her tighter and kissed her head again. She wanted to tilt her head and taste his lips.

Close your eyes. I'm going to carry you to a river that's nearby. We'll be in the water. We'll be sky clad. I'm not going to hurt you, Angel.

She wondered what he meant by sky clad, but the sensation of water swirling around her and the distinct feel of a hard body pressed against hers made her open her eyes despite Devon's request to keep them closed. Angel stared in shock and wonder. They were in a river nestled between two cliff faces. The tops of the cliffs were lined with tall trees under a bright blue sky that was almost blinding. Behind Devon, a waterfall cascaded over the edge where the two cliffs conjoined. The misty spray at the bottom of the falls looked like a rainbow, sparkling all different colors.

Devon's smile had her looking at his face again. Her eyes widened. She could feel his erection pressing against her belly. She opened her mouth to protest, but he was already moving away from her. He turned and she was treated to the tantalizing view of his taut rump peeping through the water as he swam away. When he reached the shore, she gaped at the sight of his naked body. He seemed perfectly at ease with his nudity.

"Take your time. I built us a fire up there." He pointed to a ledge on the cliff wall. "I'm going to find us something to eat." If you need me, just think of me. I'm in your thoughts.

Her eyes widened when he suddenly vanished. She splashed cold water in her face and looked around again. Had she imagined the whole thing? Was she losing her mind? Maybe her braids were too tight. It would take more than a day to unravel all of them by herself. A tingling on her scalp made her touch her head. She gasped as her fingers sank into wet, loose strands. Her white locks floated free in the rippling water. How in heaven's name had that happened? A low masculine chuckle made her shiver and the touch of lips caressed her cheek, yet there was no one before her.

"Oh, goddess Venushti, I'm losing my mind!"

Angel. The exasperated sigh whispered through her mind.

She closed her eyes and counted to ten. Upon opening them, she still found herself shoulder-deep in cool waters, her hair loose and floating around her naked body. With a weary groan, she washed her body, then allowed herself to float, enjoying the relaxing stillness around her.

A sense of freedom she'd never felt before lulled her into a drowsy state. Her mind went back to the moment she became aware she was still alive and in one piece after thinking she was going to die crash landing on a foreign planet. She remembered something had awakened her. The feel of Devon's heavy body shifting restlessly against her had made her snap her eyes open. He was still lying against her, but was whimpering, his eyes twitching behind closed lids trapped in an apparent nightmare. What did a demon dream of? Being hunted by avenging angels? His roar had made her jump and wiggle out from underneath him. She was just about to go for her dagger when she heard him plead, "Angel... please... help me." His voice had sounded so bereft it moved her.

Unable to stop herself, she remembered caressing his cheek and making soothing sounds. He'd calmed down instantly, sighing and turning his face into her hand. His lips, they felt so soft. She traced their lush shape with her fingers, then stroked down his tip-tilted snub nose with a smile. Such a ridiculously cute little nose for such a big man. His face was so pretty it was almost feminine. Almost. Her eyes drifted lower. Oh, goddess, his body is a work of art. That part of him was unquestionably male. Her hands traced along the lines of his bulging pectorals, then inexorably over one pale nipple. The little bud puckered to absolute attention. It fascinated her so much that she tested the other one just to see if it would do the same. It did the second she touched it. He was also getting little bumps over his skin... chills? Was he awake? She looked at his face. His jet lashes rested upon his cheeks, his jaw slack with slumber. She let her fingers wander lower. His stomach was heavily muscled, the definition of tightly packed muscle tempting her to run her tongue over the carved grooves. The sight of his belly button had her poking at it. His muscles twitched. Her eyes snapped back up to his face. His brows were drawn together, his forehead shiny with perspiration. It wasn't the least bit warm in the Viper's interior. She arched a brow, drew her finger over the crease delineating his abdomen from his hipbone, and saw him tense. Her eyes widened when she realized his pants were wickedly tented. Undoing the ties, she eased his pants down his lean hips. The huge beast sprang out slapping his belly and astounding her. Stars above! Mesmerized, she began reaching for the tantalizing prize she'd uncovered. A moan had her snapping out of the daze and looking at him again. His chest was moving rapidly, his breathing accelerated.

She narrowed her eyes. He was a terrible faker. She slipped her blade from her boot, just in case, and laid it against his pale throat. "I know you're awake." She grinned with satisfaction when he frowned and was just about to comment something else when a movement caught her eyes. His erection pointed accusingly at her, as if blaming her for its predicament while it wept tears of desire on his rippled belly. Her scalp tingled and she turned to see his fiery eyes looking at her.

Angel, suck me... please.

She gasped, flailing for a moment in the water as she up righted herself. Finally finding her balance, she looked around wide-eyed. "That's not what happened," she said to no one in particular with a confused frown.

I can always dream.—Devon's deep voice chuckled in her mind, and then whispered—I knew you wanted me.

"No!" Angel scrambled out of the water, trembling, but not necessarily from being wet. She was surprised to find a few things other than clothing waiting for her on the banks of the river. She dried herself with a fluffy piece of cloth marveling at how good the soft material felt against her skin. Instead of her pants, a pair of buff-colored, leather leggings lay neatly folded on a boulder. A matching top completed the attire, hugging her like a glove. The front had a deep V that barely covered the swell of her small breasts, and, she had to admit, made them look enticing. Where had he found these articles?

"Most likely stole them," she snorted.

The sun was setting behind the wall where the rocky ledge was situated, casting long shadows over the river, but lighting the cliff face in front. Climbing up to the ledge was relatively easy. A crackling fire was blazing a few paces away from the mouth of a cave. Curious, she approached and ducked inside. The ground sloped in a bit, and she was surprised to find that Devon had left an array of blankets spread out on the floor of the cozy cave. She frowned, looking around. The cave was not very big. In fact, it was only roomy enough for two humans to snuggle up together, but she was not bedding down with Devon. Someone would just have to sleep outside.

Rustling sounds had her stepping out preparing to attack. The sight of Devon's snowy skin and black hair spilling over his shoulders as he made braces at either side of the fire had her lowering her guard. Then she noticed just how much snowy skin was exposed.

"Must you prance around completely nude?"

He threw her a puzzled look over his shoulder. "What?"

"People shouldn't walk around with... " He turned and she gaped for a few mute seconds.

One inky brow drew up and he looked down at himself. "How else is a person supposed to be when surrounded by nature?" His head rose again, and she couldn't understand why he looked so confused at her objection over his nudity. His eyes suddenly swept over her and he frowned even more. "I brought those clothes so we could spar tomorrow... in the meadow." Rushing over to a flat rock near the fire, he picked up a tarnished sword. "See. I even found this." His eyes went over the sword and then he raised it so she could see. Devon's smile stretched from ear to ear, making his eyes sparkle. "I'm going to clean it up for you and tomorrow we can dance again."

She stared, caught completely off guard by his behavior. He seemed as unfettered as a child. What happened to the demon that wanted to kill her in the meadow? She felt at a loss for words.

At her continued silence, he rolled his eyes and turned. "Alright. I'll cover myself, though I don't see the point. We're out in the wilderness, for heaven's sake. It's not even cold... " He continued to mumble, complaining as he drew a scrap of white material between his legs and secured it with a golden cord. Half of each ass cheek was still tantalizing visible and the front view of his body wasn't any better. She snorted, and considered the choice of those words, correcting them by admitting to herself that the front view was just as enthralling as the back.

"I am not putting anything else on." The tight sound of his voice had her eyes flying up to his scowling face. "This is stupid," he said gesturing to himself in agitation.

"Don't be so harsh with yourself." She crossed her arms with a smile. "Stupidity is common in males."

His eyes widened, making her smile broaden. "Now that's just rude, lady. Especially after getting all of this stuff for you." His hand gestured to the flat rock that held more stuff as he called it.

"Well, there you go. The fact that you can go and fetch proves that you're not that stupid. And why am I being rude when I'm trying my best to validate your... " She drew her brows up and tried not to laugh at his thunderous expression. Clearing her throat, she finished her statement, "your intelligence."

The corner of his lip twitched as he watched her for a few more seconds. He finally turned with a loud sigh to continue setting up braces for a spit over the fire. She wrinkled her nose wondering what he'd killed and hoped he wasn't expecting her to clean said kill. She was a warrior, but eating the carcass of some dead thing was revolting to her.

1...456789