Dark Temptations, Dark Desires

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't lose," John said stubbornly.

"Well you did today," Cortana shot back, her voice coming out harsher than she meant to.

John stopped what he was doing and turned around. He did not seem hurt by what she said. More surprised than anything else, but still Cortana felt guilty.

"I'm sorry," Cortana said quietly. "I didn't mean that."

"You did," John said in his deliberate tone.

They stared at each other for several moments. Eventually Cortana had to look away. She cleared her throat and said, "It doesn't matter. We've faced tougher enemies before. The Prophets, the Flood, Didact, The Warden." Cortana chuckled. "I think even Spark was more of a challenge than Locke."

John arched an eyebrow.

"My point is that you're right. You didn't lose, it's just a momentary set back. We know how much some of the folks at HIGHCOM are trying to push the Spartan IV program."

"I don't have a problem with that," John said. "We need all the Spartans we can get."

"Neither do I," Cortana said. "But they seem to have gotten into their head that the only way to do that is to belittle the Spartan II Program."

John thought for a moment before asking, "What are you trying to get at?"

"That I smell Osman on this," Cortana said. "We know that she holds a grudge on both of us."

"Can't imagine why," John said sarcastically.

Cortana rolled her eyes. "Anyway, I'm sure that she is behind this somehow. We both know how devious ONI can be. Even a slight nudge in Locke's favor could have been enough to ensure the outcome of the match. I'm thinking a clandestine armor upgrade." She glanced at the Mjolnir splayed out on the workbench. "There was nothing wrong with your armor was there?"

John shook his head.

"You sure? I don't recall seeing you use thrusters."

"Those are more Kelly's speed," John replied. He went back to his assault rifle, examining each piece critically before putting it back together.

Cortana decided not to pick the argument. Instead he came up next to him and said, "Hurry up and get that thing back together. After our seventy-two hour pass we can get a fresh start on figuring out what went wrong."

"I'm not going," John replied.

Cortana looked shocked. "I've already made reservations. You promised me John. We only get so many three day passes while Infinity is docked."

"I know," John said apologetically. "Fred, Linda, and Kelly all won their matches. They're going to need my help to prepare."

Cortana frowned. "Do you know how much I was looking forward to this? I had a dress picked out and everything." She shook her head. "You know I see right through this, don't you? You can't solve all your problems with more training."

"Lasky ordered me to," John said. "He wants to make sure that the rest of Blue Team is ready for the final match."

Cortana's frown deepened. The call to HIGHCOM must have shaken up Lasky more than I thought it would.

She sighed her resignation and asked, "And exactly how long do you think you'll be?"

"I don't know," John said gruffly. He turned to face her. "You should go anyway."

Cortana blinked. "Without you?"

John nodded. "I know how you get when you feel cooped up."

"Am I really that bad?"

"Yes," John said, and Cortana chuckled lightly.

"And what exactly am I supposed to do without my Spartan around to look grumpy and scare the waiters?" Cortana asked teasingly.

John shrugged. "Have fun?"

"Fun," Cortana said, chewing on the word. "That's a bit strange coming from you."

"You deserve some time off," John said. "I'll be done up here as quick as I can. I promise."

"Fair enough," Cortana said. "Promise you'll meet me at our apartment as soon as you're done?" she asked, and John nodded. "Alright, and in exchange I'll try having some of this 'Fun' that you're talking about."

John smiled, and took a step towards Cortana, wrapping his arms loosely around her. He was always so gentle around her, as if he was afraid that she might break. Cortana buried her head in his chest and hummed. "You have any idea how horny I've been lately?" she whispered to him, digging her nails into his chest. "And now you're making me wait even longer."

"I'm sorry," John whispered into her dark raven hair.

"Sure you are," Cortana said looking up at him. She reached a hand up to cup his cheek in her palm and looked him straight in the eye. "I love you," she said softly.

John covered her hand in his. "I know."

Cortana stood on her tip toes, and the two met for a soft, sweet, chaste kiss.

...

Cortana leaned forward and put her elbows on the desk with a frustrated groan, cupping her head in her hands as data flew by on the screen in front of her.

The apartment that she had gotten for her and John on Earth was modest in size, boasting a living room, kitchen, and bedroom. The living room of course had to perform multiple duties, a couch and television sharing the same space as the dining area, Cortana's treadmill, and her makeshift office space.

Still, Cortana was proud of the space she had built for the two of them.

Currently, Infinity's tour of duty lasted eight months out of the year, with the remaining four months spent docked at Earth to take on additional supplies, make necessary repairs and upgrades, and take on new personnel.

Given how remote and dangerous many of Infinity's missions were, HIGHCOM had determined that Infinity's crew should be regularly rotated to avoid undue psychological stress. Of course, this did not apply to essential personnel such as Spartans, engineers, and lead scientists such as herself.

Still, Cortana had reflected, spending four months docked at Earth was nice, providing some much-needed stability to their otherwise hectic lives. Nearly every weekend included a thirty-six-hour pass, hence why Cortana had found the need to rent an apartment for overnight stays These passes were a treat.

A treat that was now being wasted.

Cortana grumbled as she took a sip from her coffee mug, nearly spilling over a half-finished cup of ramen as she did so, several other empty cups scattered around the desk, white plastic spoons sticking out of them like grave stones.

She had long since discarded her bra, the underwear now hanging loosely from one of the handles on the treadmill.

Still, she remained uncomfortable, and Cortana cursed John underneath her breath.

It was not so much that they were missing their dinner date, Cortana having made reservations at a quiet restaurant of little note ever mindful of how uncomfortable John was in large crowds. No, her irritation with him came from something far more basic.

Cortana knew she was currently ovulating, her body was making that as obvious as possible. Her nipples were stiff and overly sensitive, her mind wandering easily to thoughts that would make even the most foul mouthed marine blush. Her hormones were running wild, the basic evolutionary need calling for her to act. To mate. To breed.

"Damn you John," Cortana mumbled underneath her breath. She quietly chastised herself for that. She knew that it was not John's fault, but knowing that did not make her any less irritated at him.

Cortana leaned back and stretched, and again her stiff nipples rubbed against her cotton t-shirt, sending a new wave of sensations throughout her body.

Once more, and very much against her will, Cortana's mind flashed back to Locke smiling down at her. The feel of his strong hands on both of her shoulders. His easy confidence. How she had felt seeing him standing mightily over John as he prepared to deliver the final blow. The image of him fucking her senselessly.

Get a hold of yourself Cortana, she thought, shaking her head vigorously, as if trying to forcibly knock the sinful thoughts out of her head.

It was little use, and again Cortana found herself cursing John.

He should be here, Cortana thought. I'm as wet and ready as I've ever been. He should be here claiming me. Reminding me that I'm his. Instead I'm stuck here horny as hell and having thoughts about someone I don't even like.

What Cortana had found analyzing the data from John and Locke's match had done little to improve her mood.

No matter how hard she searched she could finding nothing, not one shred of evidence that Locke had somehow been given an unfair advantage.

She had analyzed the data from both John and Locke's suits of Mjolnir and had found no discernable difference in their levels of performance. The only discrepancy Cortana had managed to find was in how they were being used. Locke, during the match, had been swifter, stronger, and more agile. If it was not the armor that was giving him an unfair advantage over John, then there was only one logical conclusion.

He's simply better, Cortana thought, the idea twisting a tight knot in her belly, while also somehow simultaneously giving her the case of the butterflies.

Cortana had spent at least half an hour replaying over and over again the final confrontation between John and Locke. How Locke had in the end simply used brute strength to force the Master Chief down into the mud.

Her panties were growing wet again...

Cortana closed out the video and turned off her screen.

I feel like I'm going rampant, she thought, rubbing her eyes vigorously.

"Ugh, shower," Cortana groaned. "Need a shower."

There was nothing like a good hot shower to help clear her mind. The feel of hot water rolling down her skin, of the steam clearing out her pours. The dirt and the worries of the day cascading down her pale, lithe body and rolling down the drain.

She went to the bathroom and undressed, the clothes tossed unceremoniously into a corner, and Cortana did not fail to examine her naked body critically in the mirror.

She was very proud of her figure, perhaps even bordering on vanity. This pride and vanity became even more prominent once she had won her corporeal body and had to start taking care of it, and take care of it she did.

Despite her diet being admittedly less than ideal, long hours of lab work and study not being suitable to anything less than quick easy to make meals, Cortana supplemented this with rigorous exorcise, and her efforts showed.

Even unwashed and cut short, Cortana's hair was dark and beautiful with hardly a stray or damaged bit of hair to be found. She allowed it to grow just below her ears, and took great pains to make sure it was kept healthy and full looking.

Her face had always been beautiful, soft, delicate, and symmetrical. A face that could easily feign innocence, hint at mischievousness, and display fierce intelligence. Cortana carefully examined her face for any sort of blemishes, wrinkles, lines, or crow's feet. Once satisfied her hands slipped downward, cupping one heavy breast, her finger tracing circles over the stiff and oversensitive nipple methodically.

They were young and firm, but not overly large, and Cortana gave her breast a soft squeeze.

She smiled at herself, her hard nipples standing up like two pink erasers. Even a blind man would have been able to tell that these were Cortana's greatest physical assets. Cortana's hand continued downward, palms feeling every inch of her pale and beautiful skin. She ran a hand over top her smooth, fit stomach and pinched at her side. She wanted a tone stomach, but not too tone. She wanted a pack of abs no more than she wanted a roll of belly fat, and attempting to maintain the distance between the two was certainly not easy.

Her hands found themselves running along her hips, and then to her ass, Cortana pinching slightly to test the firmness. She turned around and looked at herself over her shoulder, her back dotted with the occasional colony of freckles. This Cortana did not mind, finding that the freckles served to enhance her beauty.

Perhaps I am vain, Cortana reflected. But with a body like this who can blame me?

A few jealous women perhaps, and perhaps even a few men who were forced to dream about her but could never have her, but that was the price of beauty wasn't it?

And the prize, Cortana thought, indulging again in that forbidden and hidden fantasy that only she knew of.

Cortana stepped into the shower and relished the feeling of hot water on her skin. She washed her hair with lavender shampoo, and then finished with coconut scented conditioner, allowing it to soak in her hair for two minutes. She next rubbed lavender soap over her skin, her body shivering as she rubbed the rough scrubber along her breasts and inner thighs.

Even after she was clean Cortana stayed in the shower for several more minutes, sitting down on the seat inside and letting the hot water roll down her back, the heat changing the tone of her skin from pale to light pink. She attempted to clear her mind, but it was little use. Her hormones simply would not allow it.

When John comes home he'll be lucky if I don't rip his clothes off right in the doorway, Cortana thought bitterly.

Well, where John had failed in his mission, Cortana certainly knew how to pick up the slack herself.

She pulled the head off the shower, extended the hose, and moved the dial to her favorite setting.

The water came out in warm, vibrating jets. The name of the setting was 'Massage', though there was only one thing Cortana used it to massage.

She leaned back in the seat and let the vibrating jets smack against the sensitive lips of her pussy. Cortana parted the lips with two of her fingers, the hot water now splashing against her pink inner walls. With the tip of her thumb Cortana rubbed circles around her clit, hitting all the right notes with practiced precision.

Cortana leaned her head back and softly moaned. Yet, when she closed her eyes it was not John she thought of.

Her back was arched, sweat rolling from her forehead, moans coming out of her mouth uncontrollably.

She used her elbows to prop herself up, and there he was, his eyes staring at her hungrily, as though she was nothing more than prey to him. A prize to be won.

His black muscular body rippled as he thrust into her in long deliberate strokes, sending waves of uncontrollable ecstasy through her.

"Fuck me," Cortana found herself whispering in the shower, her fingers working with an ever-increasing urgency. As her orgasm approached Cortana found herself whispering a name. "Jameson. Oh God."

In her fantasy, Locke obliged her plea. He posted a strong dark arm by her head, and lifted her hips up so that he could plunge into her even deeper. Cortana's moans became more erratic as Locke picked up his pace, assaulting her body without compassion or mercy.

And Cortana loved it.

She moaned his name freely now, even yelled it, the shouts of "Jameson," and "Locke," echoing off the bathroom walls even as the steam from the shower covered up the mirror. Any thoughts of shame or guilt were momentarily overwhelmed by the feelings of sheer pleasure.

Yet, even as her fantasy Locke plowed into her, and even as she came ever closer to cuming, Cortana could not help but notice someone standing quietly in the corner.

Where once she imagined the Spartan IVs watching on as the Master Chief fucked her like no other man could, now it was flipped. Now it was John watching as Locke fucked her. Cortana saw his face. Saw the look of dismay and disbelief.

And then she came.

Cortana came harder than she had ever done before while masturbating. She nearly dropped the shower head as the muscles in her lower abdomen contracted. Moaning out her pleasure, Cortana's limbs began to shiver despite the warm blanket of steam that surrounded her.

The orgasm left her breathing heavily. She leaned back against the shower wall and attempted to gather herself. The shower head was left dangling loosely in her hand, spraying water all over the door, but Cortana could not find the strength to hang it back up. Her legs were lewdly spread, and would occasionally tremor in the aftershocks of her climax.

As the tremors faded away, the realization of what she had just done began to sank in.

Cortana leaned forward and groaned, the guilt and shame returning in full force.

"What's wrong with me," she muttered, putting her head in her hands and gently pulling on her hair in utter frustration. "I really must be going rampant."

She sat up fully and covered her face with her hands, elbows resting on her knee. Cortana kept muttering to herself. "It's alright. You're alright. It's just your hormones. He's an attractive guy and you're feeling sexually frustrated. This is natural."

Somehow saying the words did not make her believe them.

As the shower began to grow cold, Cortana hung the head up and shut the water off. Cortana grabbed a towel, and began to dry herself off. As she ran the towel along her body, somehow Cortana felt strangely calm. Like a sudden moment of clarity hit her, and in that clarity came an idea.

The idea was enough to make her feel as if she were leaping off a cliff. Her heart climbed in her throat and her stomach turned into a pit.

Cortana suddenly felt more nervous than she ever had in her life, and strangely, she had never felt more sure of what she had to do.

Stepping out of the shower and wrapping the towel around her head, Cortana swiped a hand across the steam covered mirror and took another look at herself.

Do I dare? Cortana seemed to ask her reflection.

It was dangerous. It was risky. John could certainly never know about it, but Cortana had to do something.

Walking naked out of the bathroom, Cortana's nervousness grew with every step she took. She came into the bedroom and walked over to her closet. Rummaging around for a while, Cortana pulled out the dress that she had planned to wear for John. A tight blue backless V-neck with silver trim. Simple but elegant. Exactly the type of dress that John liked to see her in.

Cortana picked her data pad off the bed and messaged John.

Are you going to be home tonight?

It felt like she waited forever to get a response, but finally John messaged back.

Doesn't look like it

Cortana bit her lip, hesitated, then messaged back.

Okay. I'm going out for a few drinks. Do you mind.

The question seemed to throw John for a bit of a loop. It took him a few minutes to message back.

I told you to have fun.

After a few more seconds, he wrote again.

Just be careful.

Strangely, Cortana did not feel as guilty as she had in the shower, though that may very well be because of how overwhelming the nervousness was. She hastily typed a reply.

I will. Love you

Cortana closed out the conversation with John and pulled up her phone. Her fingers trembled as she searched for the name, but eventually she found it. She took a deep breath, and then pressed dial.

The phone on her data pad rang three times. A large part of her prayed that he wouldn't answer, but answer he did. A warm deep voice picked up on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Spartan Locke," Cortana said formally, doing her best to hide her nervousness.

Locke's voice noticeably brightened as he realized who had called him. "Well hello little lady. What do I owe this pleasure? Is anything wrong?"

A lot is wrong, Cortana thought to herself. But I'm gonna set it right soon enough.

She spared a glance at the beautiful blue dress. The dress she had bought specifically for John.

"Everything is fine," Cortana replied. "I was actually wondering; would you like to have some drinks with me this evening?"

There was a brief moment of silence on the other end, and Cortana could feel her heart pounding in her ears.

"Does John know?" he asked.

The question surprised her slightly, but she answered anyway. "He doesn't know I'm going out with you."

"Good," Locke said.

12