Dark Weres Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"My name is Akeemo Obayatuku. I am from the Nakenda tribe." Alphonso whispered. Alpha Bertrand smiled, and a friendship was solidified that day.

Under Bertrand's leadership, Alphonso grew as a man. At night the Alpha and betas talked with him. Being the only black man in the pack made him stand out. It did not take long for the pack to realize a unique trait in this particular wolf. Several females conceived, and after a few months, beautiful beige babies were born. Jackson was amazed, and some of the males were angered. In an effort to fight against slavery, the pack turned as many slaves as they could and each one joined the pack.

Bertrand changed him and even though he was fair, Alphonso accepted him as family. Bertrand knew his history and protected Alphonso. They were close, but Alpha knew a time would come where he and his new dark-skinned protégé would part ways. This worried him, but he would teach him all he could and prayed he survived. He even told Alphonso to keep his slave name because overtime, it would be easily acceptable.

*****

"Ryelle, did you give Abettia the letter?" he asked.

"Yes father, I don't know if she read it. If she asks I'll answer her as best I can." Ryelle explained.

"The young man, the one that reminded you of Cecily, tell me of him." He asked.

"Abettia told me that I am mistaken. He was raised by the original pack alpha from a pup. The alpha found him on his travels up north. I just wish..." Ryelle whispered.

Alphonso sighed. It was hard. Even though times changed, he saw too much, knew too much. He knew that they were different. He also knew they were strong. He remembered Alpha Bertrand's last words as he left to lead his own pack, "Be fair, Akeemo and above all be honest." Alpha Bertrand and Eva were the only two to ever use his true name. He was not sure if his children even knew his given name.

Thomas watched his alpha and waited. This man had survived so much, and the beautiful woman they buried stood with him through it all. Abettia's being claimed by a fair Were was the catalyst that almost cost the family to implode. He never thought she'd leave. Her mother envisioned the worst. When she called, Alpha Alphonso was still angry and lashed out. He prayed that Abettia would at least come home. Come see her father once more.

"Thomas, we are worried. Can you tell us anything?" One of the females asked. Thomas smiled as his mate and the love if his life Hattie came t him. She knew he was worried for his friend, but she had faith that things would work out for all of them.

"He sent a letter. If anyone can get her to come back it will be Ryelle." He whispered.

Jebutu heard him and was seething. Abettia and Ryelle were not the only children of their alpha. Father wanted his sister home, and he would make sure she came home. He'd wait and see what Ryelle had to report, but in the spring he was bringing their sister home. He went for a walk.

He watched. Father trusted no one. Often women went to him and as a man he gave in. He had two children due to be born within the month. Father often scolded the young men and told them to be discreet. Jebutu had one child, but the mother ran off. One night, she decided that she wanted to go north. They searched, but when they located her, she had been killed. Rumors that she had a child spread, but no child had been located.

Jebutu and his brothers Ryelle and Damian took precautions from now on.

"What are you up to, Jebutu? Your father is getting old, we need to protect the pack. I love Ryelle, but he isn't a true leader." The female purred in his ear.

"Lavinia, you just left my father's bed. You still have his seed inside of you. Do you really think now is a good time to approach me?" He asked.

Lavinia laughed, "Ryelle will fail. Jebutu, you need to bring the bitch home. Think of the favor that would earn with Alphonso." She smiled. "Once he gets over his guilt for banning her, I can reach my goal of becoming his mate. I promise you this Jebutu, work with me and we will both be happy."

She walked away and Jebutu watched. "I will bring Abettia home, but not to help you. Father needs to see her and I will make that happen." Jebutu whispered.

He went home to check on his mother. Alpha Alphonso was a very prolific leader. He was careful. He and Madam Alpha Eva had only been mated a century, and he was born two years before they mated. She fell pregnant immediately and soon Ryelle was born. It was then that Alpha Alphonso only acknowledged the children of Eva as his true heirs. He was still a good father. He was the youngest a few months younger than Damian, and he and his brothers grew up together.

Madam Alpha Eva never mistreated any of the children. At first, she had issue with the female pack members that had children with the alpha, but Alpha Alphonso squashed these issues. He declared that Eva was his true mate. Any females that had problem with it were free to go. Eva stood with him and the pack trembled. Mother smiled. Although she had a child with the alpha, she knew he was never hers. Damian's mother felt the same. Three females left but two returned a few months later. The pack was as content as possible.

*****

Social unrest grew. Slavery had been abolished, and the pack grew. Soon, Alpha Bertrand grew tired of the ills of southern society. So he came to visit once more before he and his pack traveled north. Alphonso hated to see his sire leave, but he understood.

They were wolves, but they appeared to be black men and women. Alpha Alphonso knew how the white man thought. They believed they were a superior race and had no problem with killing to maintain status quo. His pack was small, barely fifty members. His most trusted betas reported daily the ills befallen dark men.

One day, Eva and a few females traveled to Charlotte. They were approached by three white men. The men made demands of them and the women refused. In anger, they reported to the sheriff that the black darkies disrespected them. Eva stood before her pack members and spoke to the sheriff.

"Sheriff, we have done nothing. The men they..." She tried to explain.

"Shut up, you black bitch." The fat angry man hissed. Spit flew in her face from his fouls smelling breath. Eva started to speak when she was met with a sharp slap of his hand across her face. Eva screamed, sending to Alphonso. He rushed to town, and immediately wanted to intervene. His beta stopped him. Alpha, they will kill you.

No, they will die. Alphonso sent.

The sheriff went to assault her once more when a white man stopped him. "You hit that girl again and I will beat your ass myself."

The sheriff froze. You and the rest of these dark bitches, had better get out of my town. If I see any of you again we're goin' picnicking." He sneered.

Eva was helped up by her pack mates and the women headed to their car post haste. As Eva drove away, taunts and jeers were levied at them from the local town's people. Someone threw a huge rock bursting the window in the back of the car and striking, Nemia. She screamed holding her head as the women returned to their home. Alphonso had the women tend her as he called the few males to order.

That night, all fifty pack members stayed in the big house. The men stood watch. As expected, the townsmen came to their land. Burning the small houses on the edge they traveled deep into the forest.

Brandishing weapons, and stealing into the forest, their goal was to instill fear in the uppity darkies that dare live in their town. Alphonso had enough. These bastards attacked his mate, and hurt their women. These bastards tied him and his pack mates with chains and forced them to serve them. Now they invaded their homes. Tonight they died.

The pack waited with scouts announcing the approaching enemy. Once the men were ensconced in their boundaries, the pack surrounded them. The white men came to frighten the darkies, but the white men were the ones dealt a severe fright. The Jackson pack decimated their enemies. Their bodies were destroyed and the remains buried.

Alphonso waited for the sheriff, and he did come. However, once he crossed the boundaries of their lands, he knew. These black men were not ordinary black men. If he valued his life, he would leave these people alone. Turning around, the sheriff never bothered them again. He sent a message to the townsfolk, the darkies from those woods were evil; stay away.

More time passed. Alphonso and his pack members joined the fight for civil rights. He even marched with Malcolm X. He had a great respect for him, and also for Dr. King as well. Both men were murdered and he knew it was because they were powerful and white men fear men with power.

The alpha ran the pack much like his home in Africa. The older wolves took care of the young. The ones old enough to work worked and supported the compound. The pack invested and though they were not as rich as most, they were stable.

*****

As he walked into their small home, Nemia smiled at her oldest son. Jebutu was many things, but to her he was one of her greatest creations. She remembered when she found her mate amongst the male pack members over seven decades ago, and she feared he might have a problem with Jebutu. He quickly explained that Jebutu had his respect and would always have his respect. She was relieved.

Jebutu loved her mate. Even though Sam was not his birth father, her son respected him as if he were. When they had their daughter, you could not find as stronger more doting big brother. Alphonso was happy for the couple and she recalled that Eva celebrated with her as well.

Sam was home and Jebutu greeted him with a tight hug as well. They spoke then Sam left giving Jebutu and his mother time to talk. He could tell Jebutu needed to talk with his mother. He also knew that in time, he would come to him if he needed him.

"Son, what's wrong?" Nemia asked her oldest son. She could tell from the slight crease in his brow that something had upset him.

"Momma, I am fine. Ryelle left alone and I am concerned. Damian offered to go but he asked that he stay here." He explained. "As I was coming home Lavinia..."he stopped.

Nemia nodded. "She approached you again?" she asked. She saw how Lavinia watched her son. It was obvious that she wanted him.

"It's nothing Momma. She is after Father. He is so vulnerable." Jebutu stood.

"Go, find Damian. Check on your father." Nemia suggested.

"Ok," Jebutu hugged his mother and sent to his brother. Both young men walked to the alpha home. They knocked and Thomas answered. "Boys, enter. He is in his office."

Both boys approached and entered.

Alphonso faced the two me,. "Damian, Jebutu, do you need something?" he asked.

"Father, are you alright?" Damian asked. "I know you are worried about Abettia, but if anyone can convince her to come home, it would be Ryelle."

Alphonso faced his two sons. Out of respect for his mate, he never spoke of them and he knew they were disappointed.

"He called earlier, Abettia is fine. She has a new mate and has given birth to two more pups. Ryelle will stay a while, but she will not return with him. He will call again tomorrow and maybe I can speak with her." He whispered. Damian and Jebutu shared a look.

"Father, let me go. I will bring her home." Jebutu offered.

"No, that is not all. Jebutu, your son may be alive. Ryelle met a Were, a dark were. He is the right age and he looks like Cecily. If this is true, maybe..." Alphonso exhaled.

Jebutu froze. His son might live. Cecily left and swore she would never return. She never wanted a pup and hated him for impregnating her. Jebutu was so angry that he lashed out. Father commanded him and Cecily ran. The pack searched and trailed her to a parking lot where her scent ended. No one knew where she had gone. A few years passed and Jebutu never gave up until one day, her body was returned. No child was with her. He was heartbroken knowing she had kept her promise and destroyed his child. But if Ryelle was right, his child did not perish.

"Tomorrow, Ryelle said, Alpha Sims will have a conference call with me. Abettia will be with him. I will ask that the other Dark Were attend" Alphonso explained.

"Father, can I sit in. I need to see him. If what you say is true, he could be my son." Jebutu whispered.

Alphonso nodded. "Of course, I want both of you with me. I am not a good man. I made bad decisions, not just with Abettia but with all of my children. You two young men are a credit to your mothers. You are important to me as well."

The alpha was tired. They knew he needed rest, so both men agreed to come by the next day for the call. Sadly, the conference call was canceled. Ryelle was to return home, and Betty agreed to call and speak with her father. Alphonso was not surprised. He was horrible to her, and knew more than a carefully worded letter was needed to right the wrong he had done. He sighed. He was running out of time, but before his time ended, he would fix this chasm that he caused.

~~~~THE END OF CHAPTER ONE~~~~

I certainly hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please comment and share your thoughts.

A special thanks to Andi for taking her time and helping me by editing and proofreading this story.

Chapter 2 will be submitted next month.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12