Darkness Rising: Halloween Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As she rounded a corner of the bar, searching for more hidden dirt, she was suddenly stopped by the sound of glass clanking against the floor. She turned to see a bottle of beer slowly rolling across the floor in her direction, moving as if it had a mind of its own. It rolled until it stopped against her slipper, coming to a stop face-up so that the label could be clearly seen.

"Huh...I guess I really am powerful," she laughed to herself, reaching down to pick it up and deposit it in the garbage. While a modest, humble woman, Josephine also considered herself to be especially important, in a time when most women were not allowed to think this way. She liked to credit it to her ancestor, Abigail Adams, the very same woman behind many of the early ideals of American feminism.

With her husband's lineage combined with hers, the two of them combined a very strong sense of heritage. She only wished that John wouldn't have continued his family tradition of running a tavern. His passion for it could clearly be seen each time he grabbed a towel and took his place behind the bar, smiling at all of his neighbors visiting for a pint; but the cleaning portion was less than ideal.

She secretly longed for him to enter politics, so that she could be that strong backbone needed to make real change in the United States. Who ever said that Braintree was too small to elect a mayor? Was giving the town Sheriff all off the power really that great an idea? Josephine trusted William, of course, but the man certainly had his moments.

As she thought of this, Josephine suddenly had an idea. She glanced at the door to make sure John wasn't arriving, before stepping behind the bar herself. Her eyes glanced over each crate of alcohol, taking in each different brand and label. John would never have scolded her for doing so, of course, and had even invited her behind the bar several times during the six years they'd been running the tavern, but if someone like William were walking by and caught her...it would mean trouble.

As she took in the sights around her, she suddenly noticed that one of the crates meant to be filled with whiskey was empty. Knowing that John would be tired when he returned, she decided to take care of it herself, reaching down and opening the hatch beneath the bar. She then lifted the edges of her gown before slowly making her way down the ladder.

When she reached the bottom, a wind swept around the room as the hatch slammed shut behind her, causing her to jump with fright. A strange fear suddenly shot up through her arms and out to her fingertips as darkness set in.

"Heh, no matter...I'll just fill this in with some light," Josephine spoke aloud to herself, trying to soothe her own fears as she reached up to grasp the candle mounted to the wall nearby. She lit it before setting back into her previous focus, walking around the basement as she searched for the whiskey cache.

As she made it to the center, the candle miraculously went out behind her, once again plunging the basement in a deep, nearly unbearable darkness. A shiver went up Josephine's back, starting from her ankles and rising up to the tip of her spinal cord. She looked around with quick head turns as she heard footsteps nearby.

"W...who's there?" She called out, more timidly than she desired. As the footsteps continued, she grew angry.

"I said who's there! Show yourself!" She yelled, standing firm in her position and clenching her fists.

"What is it that you truly want, my dear?" A voice called, seemingly from all directions. Josephine tried to turn towards whoever was speaking, but in the darkness, she couldn't pinpoint where the person was.

"I want to know who you are, and why you're terrorizing me!" Josephine demanded, remaining firm in her designation.

Her call was met with silence, but as she stood there, she suddenly picked up a certain smell emanating from nearby. The aroma that took over her senses smelled of roses, filling the small room with the taste of sweetness. But where was the smell coming from? Certainly there were no roses in the tavern's basement?

As Josephine pondered this, the room slowly began to light up. She watched as a soft, almost golden glow appeared in one corner of the basement, specifically highlighting a certain crate. Further inspection revealed it to be the very crate of whiskey she'd come down there to obtain, sitting just a few feet away.

She wanted to go and fetch it, but something seemed off. What was that voice, and why were all of these strange things happening in succession?

Josephine then found herself wondering if perhaps John was right with what he'd told her. Perhaps there was something happening in Braintree; something neither Josephine nor the townspeople could fight back against.

"Go forth, my love...claim your prize..." The voice sang. This time, it had a relaxing tone to it. Josephine could feel the words crashing against her skin in a wave of senses, wrapping around her thoughts and inhibitions to tug them away and hide them forever. The voice made her feel safe, in a situation that simply did not permit such feelings.

Wanting to test this voice even further, she began to walk towards the crate. The golden light grew brighter with every step, as if the very heavens waited for her, now only inches away. Something inside commanded her to reach down and take out a bottle, bringing it up with her back into a standing position. When she did, she then heard the footsteps once again. This time, louder.

When she turned around to confront the person tormenting her, she nearly fainted.

Before her stood a woman, several inches taller than her in height, which seemed strange enough on its own. What made it even more odd was that this woman was completely naked, presenting herself to Josephine in a way that made the young woman feel things she'd never even dared dreamed of.

She took in the strange woman's features as her gaze went back up to her face, moving over soft, lush lips, gentle skin, and eyes that...well, eyes that could not be described. Or, atleast Josephine couldn't quite find the words to do so.

She lost herself in the woman's multicolored eyes, her shoulders drooping as a smile spread across her face. The bottle of whiskey remained firm in her grip, but anything else would have gone crashing to the floor.

"Hello, my sweet Josephine. Are you ready to achieve your calling?" The woman asked. Josephine nodded intently, eyes still focused on her captor's own. There was something in their color that made her want to figure them out, but she just couldn't. They were the most complex she'd ever seen.

"All you have to do is take a drink. Once you do, I will show you just how critical you are to this plan..." the goddess spoke. Josephine lifted the bottle of whiskey so that it was in her gaze without moving her eyes away from the woman's, not wanting to look away even for a second. She opened it before slowly bringing it to her lips.

"That's it...go ahead..."

Josephine froze as the lip of the bottle touched her mouth, the cold glass slightly bringing her out of her stupor. She could feel how hard it was to think, how syrupy her thoughts felt when she tried to make simple connections with her brain. She managed to wrench her eyes away from the woman's eyes, but her gaze chose a new target instead: her lips.

"Here, allow me...let me give you the power..."

Those beautiful, soft lips were getting closer and closer. Before Josephine knew it, the woman was pressing her body against her own, one arm coming around her back and the other gripping onto her wrist. The woman's lips curled up into a vicious smile as she raised Josephine's hand, allowing the whiskey to reach her mouth. The tavern owner's wife could only swallow as the sweet nectar filled her mouth, filling her with joy beyond any comprehension. This was no ordinary whiskey, this was something else entirely.

After a few moments, the woman released Josephine's wrist, allowing her to cease from drinking. A smile crept across Josephine's face as she looked up at her goddess, eyes now changing color and shades.

"My name is Neris, and you are now mine. It's time for you to learn what you were really meant for," Neris grinned, lifting Josephine's head with a single finger on her chin. She then leaned in for a kiss, which Josephine completed herself, fully giving in to the cause before her.

***

"Honey, I'm back," John called as he entered the tavern an hour later. "You wouldn't believe this, but apparently the Confederate Army has reached New York. William says..."

John froze as he turned and saw one of their brooms laying flat on the floor, as if dropped.

"Josephine?"

"Up here, my love!"

John followed his wife's voice upstairs and into their bedroom, where he found her on their bed. She was wearing a corset that accentuated her cleavage, with stockings that ran down both of her legs. She'd changed her hair quite a bit, letting it flow naturally in a way that looked incredibly appealing to the tavern owner.

"J...Josephine? What did you do to yourself?" He asked, his voice echoing his astonishment as he took in her new look.

"Oh, this? I know how badly you've wanted to start the process of finally having children, so I just decided what better time than now?" Josephine grinned, running a finger across her leg as she licked her lips. John felt his member stirring, but his brain won out.

"I appreciate that, sweetheart, but I don't feel comfortable starting that when the country's still at war. We talked about this, remember? Not to mention we're all on lockdown now," John sighed, sitting down on the edge of the bed. He felt the bed shift as Josephine crawled over to him, the strong smell of perfume filling his nose.

"Why wait when we can have so much fun now..." Josephine whispered in his ear, pressing her chest against his back. John let out an audible groan, the stress of the situation outside breaking through in contrast to his stark clarity.

"Jo, please...ahh..." he moaned as she began to knead his shoulders, relieving the tension he'd been holding. He let himself fall back against her, giving her full control.

"Just relax, John. Let me take it all away," Josephine cooed, grinning from behind him as she pulled him down onto the bed. She then mounted him, reaching up to tear her corset open. She then took John's arms and raised them to her chest, letting out a content sigh as her husband caressed her breasts.

"Fuck...I need you," John groaned, reaching down to tug open his belt. Josephine helped him, taking the leather belt and throwing it across the room. She then slowly pulled down his trousers, her eyes locked on his as she did so. In that moment, John's eyebrows suddenly rose up.

"Were your eyes always like that?" He asked, watching as she rose back up to fully remove him of all clothing.

"Yes, baby, don't you remember? You're so silly sometimes," his wife smiled, climbing back up his body to take his lips in a kiss. John dropped the thought and let his arms wrap around her back, holding her close as he surrendered himself to her kiss. The scent of roses made his senses go into overdrive, his cock brushing against the prize she was offering to him.

"I'm ready, John...let's start a family," Josephine cooed, rising up as if she were lining everything up. John lay back, surrendering to the promise of pure pleasure and lust.

Josephine pulled him inside her, taking him in as she lay against him. She took him in another kiss as the two began to thrust together, giving themselves to passion. John pulled back and let his head hang back, letting out a deep groan as Josephine rode him like never before. She moved down to kiss his neck, riding him faster as he neared orgasm.

"I...I'm close, honey," John moaned, his eyes closed in eternal bliss.

"Let yourself go...give her what she wants so badly, John...achieve your destiny."

John's eyes opened wide.

That was not Josephine's voice.

He took one last look into his wife's now black eyes before throwing her off of him, sending her crashing down to the floor. Josephine screamed as she rolled off the bed, hitting the wooden floor below.

John jumped out of bed and threw on his clothes, his head pounding and his mind a blur. All he could think about was telling George about his experience. Something was wrong with Braintree, and this was undeniable evidence.

***

Father Edwards sighed with relief as he lit the final candle in a row of hollowed out pumpkins that lined the balcony of the church. Every year he brought them out to draw in more crowds for Halloween mass, and if last year's crowd was any evidence, tomorrow would be no exception.

Jonas was in place beneath the balcony, seated at one of the pews. His gaze was locked on the pulpit at the front of the church, as if imagining what it would be like the following morning.

"Can't contain your excitement, can you, boy? They're going to donate by the bucket-fulls!" Father Edwards laughed, standing back up to admire his work lighting the pumpkins.

"Yes, Father," his young apprentice replied, his voice oddly monotone.

The Pastor let a smile spread across his face as he slowly walked along the edge of the balcony, tempting his own fate by letting his left leg swing over the side. His holiday spirit was truly the only thing that could allow him to return to a somewhat normal state after his experience.

Maybe he had just been hallucinating. Maybe Jonas never went into the lake. Perhaps the nearing-forty Pastor was just too tired to see things clearly, and as a result tripped on a patch of dirt going for a late night stroll. That had to be it.

He just wished the wound didn't hurt so badly. Not only that, but it was messing with his mind. Strange feelings of anger and lust beyond even his own normal capabilities had been nagging at him all day, and he couldn't figure out how to stop it. He nearly pounced on the Sheriff's wife this morning when she stopped by to see if he was doing alright. What was happening to him?

"Father, you forgot one of the pumpkins," Jonas called from down below, still seated in the pew.

"I did? Where?" Father Edwards asked, looking down at his row of festive fruit.

"The steeple, sir."

"Oh, yes. Thank you...are you sure you're feeling alright?" The Pastor asked, looking down at his apprentice.

"Yes, sir," Jonas replied, still staring at the pulpit. Edwards made a note to make sure the boy didn't stay there all night.

The wounded Pastor then made his way over to the ladder, grasping it with both hands as he climbed up. When he made it to the top he turned around, making his way across the tiny room to the large window that faced the town. Jonas had seemingly left the window open, causing the wind to blow against the Pastor's bandage.

"That October chill is going to be the death of me yet," Father Edwards sighed to himself, taking his matches out from his pocket and striking one.

"Are you sure about that, Father?"

Father Edwards spun around, expecting to see Jonas standing before him. Instead he found himself looking at unfamiliar woman. He would most definitely know if he'd seen her before.

She was completely naked, which made his member twitch just from the sight. With her arms crossed over her chest, she watched him to judge his response. His wide eyes and growing erection were all she needed to prove she had his attention.

"What the...who...?"

"Tis I, the chosen one, here to prove that you've followed the right religion all your life," the woman replied with a heavenly smile.

Was this the rapture? Was this lovely woman an angel, here to take him away for his years of service? His years of sworn faith to the Lord, finally complete?

His answer came when the woman suddenly burst out into laughter, her shoulders shaking in the most beautiful of ways.

"What, did you actually believe that? Oh honey, that's one of my favorite lines to use on people. But don't worry, I am actually here to show you something. Just not that."

"Who are you? Answer me!" Father Edwards demanded, conflicted from his feelings of lust and anger coupled together.

"My name is Neris, and I come from the place people like you pray to stay away from. Ironically, though, you are the biggest sinner in this town, 'Father'. Oh how I loooove sinners," the woman grinned, licking her lips as she began to walk towards him. Fight or flight kicked in as Edwards began to slowly move to the left, avoiding her until the two had effectively switched places. He now stood near the ladder, and she near the window.

"Braintree is such a quaint little town. It's the perfect place for this experiment. And you, their faithful Pastor, here to lead them into faith. You'll make the perfect addition to my army," Neris cooed, gazing out the window with her right leg lifted up onto the ledge. Father Edwards' eyes lingered there a moment before looking back up at her face.

"Experiment? What the hell are you talking about? Stop playing games!" The Pastor yelled, growing impatient.

"You don't remember me, do you? Hmm, let me...refresh your memory...:"

With that, Neris turned and fixed her gaze directly at him. His eyes locked onto hers, and he was suddenly transported back to that moment last night, watching as she took Jonas beneath the lake. Her eyes swirled in brilliant rainbow light as she revealed herself, drawing him in to view the secrets of the world.

"No!" Father Edwards yelled, wrenching his gaze away before turning and climbing down the ladder. He moved as fast as he could, jumping the last few rungs and emerging back out onto the balcony. He ran to the doorway that led to the stairs, but just as he was about to reach it, it slammed shut.

"Jonas! Jonas, help me!" Father Edwards cried, trying to force the doorknob. All he could hear was his young apprentice laughing quietly from behind the door, starting out small but growing into an evil, roaring screech.

"Going so soon? Baby, we just started..." Neris called for him, climbing down the ladder. He spun around and watched her emerge onto the balcony, slowly motioning for him to come with her index finger.

In that moment, the lust component of the Pastor's injury kicked in. His eyes locked in on her chest, bountiful and firm. She smiled as his gaze swept across her toned stomach, licking his lips as he finally reached her treasure.

"What do you say we make things a bit...hotter..." The succubus grinned, moving over to the ledge. She brought her leg back before kicking one of the pumpkins, sending it flying down into the pews. The candle inside rolled onto one of the wooden benches, setting it aflame almost immediately.

The man of faith above watched, but all he could think about was the devil before him. She was absolutely flawless, and he could have her. She wanted him. Who was he to deny it?

"You really are such a naughty little Preacher. After all, who wouldn't get off on being called Father all day?" Neris giggled, kicking another pumpkin down. She went in line, kicking each one off one by one. As each one hit the ground, it lit up another part of the church. The brilliant orange flames caught onto a statue of Jesus on the cross, melting it before their very eyes.

"I...I..." Father Edwards managed, unable to find the words for what he desired. Neris kicked the final pumpkin off, surrounding the lower part of the church with brilliant, bright colors and heat. It was like the most beautiful painting anyone could have ever created.

"You need not say anything, Father. Just join me...help me to create a new apocalypse," Neris called, holding out her arms.

Father Edwards bridged the gap between them, walking into her arms willingly. She pulled him close and the two kissed, his robes heating up as the fire overtook the church below.