All Comments on 'Dave and Leroy Ch. 10'

by kmillerk1

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
TrippyLuvTrippyLuvalmost 9 years ago
WOW!

Sue is infuriating! You had me thinking there was a chance of a reconciliation but you pulled the rug out from underneath my feet. She would take a step forward but then take five huge steps back by opening her mouth. Sue doesn't seem to understand that by her trying to be a part of Leroy's life that she's actually alienating him further. How can Sue expect him to treat and call her his mother when she hasn't been there for him in three year's? Three years in which Leroy truly needed his mother's love and support through his health crisis. She set the standard of their current relationship and has no right to be upset with how things are going. I loved how you handled Leroy's reactions when it concerned her. I know not every relationship gets a resolution but I hope there's one here before something irreversible happens!!!!!! Excellent chapter!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Starting to get tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
agree, tedious

This story needs to move along. Either it progresses with the mom or without, I don't really care at this point.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 9 years ago

Sue has obviously not even tried to educate herself in the last three years. She sounds ignorant and hateful. I don't know how Lee can live with her, or how Dave's mom can be friends with her. I agree with the other posters that this is getting tedious. How much abuse must Dave and Leroy endure? Why is everyone still coddling Sue at this point? Let's move on. How long has Leroy gone this time without a seizure? Maybe he can drive and get a job now.

ElderlySchoolteacherElderlySchoolteacheralmost 9 years ago
realistic

This may be tedious in the eyes of some reader, but to me it isn't. Sadly, I find Sue an incredibly realistic character. I can totally see my mom behaving exactly like that, down to the little details.

Also, kudos for showing them going to therapy, and that helping them but as a longterm solution, not just one meeting and everything is solved. Finally, thanks for making both Dave and Leroy so loving, yet human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
SO glad

I read ElderlySchoolteacher's comment - You summed up my assessment perfectly

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
true to life

I get frustrated with writes that don't allow the characters to be real. Everybody forgives everybody right away and everything is neat and tidy. I love that this story and these characters are so real. Its not tedious its honest. I would be more upset if Sue suddenly did change over night.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I WONDER WHY MY COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED.? IT APPEARS WE HAVE A CRY BABY WHO CANT TAKE THE TRUTH .? IVE READ THIS STORY ALREADY AND I WONT HAVE A BAD THING SAID ABOUT IT.? SO NUR

BIG J

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

excuse me kmillerk1 ,did i say you removed them.? no i did not i said i wondered who removed them so get back in your bed room and start chapter 11.? o you have i have it on EMAIL before every one else.? lol. i have just popped back on to refresh my memory since it take you forever to keep up with the readers . i expect its all the nude pics ive sent that are keeping you distracted.? ha ha ha x x x x big j.?

aclassyladyaclassyladyalmost 9 years ago
Keeping it real

I believe this story has been kept as real. Everybody has their own opinions of how they feel. And as the saying goes (in my neck of the woods) Opinions are like aholes, everyone has one. It is good that you show L&D going to counceling sessions(plural) to work through their issues. It also shows how Sue goes through her life with her feelings on the way L&D share their life together.

I believe there is much more to this story to be told. I have kept up with this story from the beginning and I will continue with it. The writer has a life, just like all the readers on here. The writer has embraced us with her chapters when they could. I will wait until the next chapter comes out. Yes I follow ALL the stories from the writer. I am patiently waiting on each story to read the next chapter. If it takes years to come out then I can wait. I read from the writers for I don't believe that I could do what each writer does (the writing).

The stories and lives of each character has to come from somewhere, and it amazes me that writers can come up with stories that move the readers. A good writer brings the readers imagination to the forefront and brings the stories to life. It feels that way to me. Thank you for doing just that for me.

Aclassylady

AKA Jen

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 9 years ago
I love this series

I am just about to catch up. I am so angry at Sue I am a mother and as a mother she should be accepting of her son unconditionally. Lee (the father) is a Saint for putting up with her but at least he doesn't allow her to stop seeing his son and loving him... I have severe Epilepsy and so this story resonates with me on a personal level as well and I can tell that kmillerk1 knows a lot about it. I always come out of my seizures hazy and upset. I have had it since I was a child, so 42 years now, but cannot imagine having such a career and life change and losing the freedom as Leroy has done. I have never been able to drive, or go into the Military because of it and no matter the age or circumstance it is a hard thing to adjust too. What you relate is very honest and true... now onto the next chapter

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkmillerk1@kmillerk1
352 Followers
I'm going to stop writing for a bit. There are several reasons for this. 1. In and out of writer's block. 2. Lit keeps returning my stories because they think that AI has written them. (So, warning, it's not just me; a lot of authors are getting flagged.) 3. I have things to ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES