All Comments on 'Dave and Leroy Ch. 14'

by kmillerk1

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I love this story. . I can't wait to read more. .. I want to strangle Sue ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I love this Story so much, thanks for updating. Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Another great chapter in a wonderful story. Who could like Sue?? I kept thinking she would change, but maybe not. Unfortunately there are people like that.

geemeedeegeemeedeeover 8 years ago

I like the way you handled Leroy's decision to disassociate from his mother. We put up with a lot of shit as adults, but when innocent kids get involved, that can be the last straw. It makes a lot of sense that the people around Sue would choose to distance themselves. I'm surprised the characters put up with her as long as they have, but that's me projecting. :o) I woulda kicked her ass to the curb long ago.

Are you gonna tackle the fallout from Sue's hateful outburst? All the kids were there -- won't they have questions? I expected a discussion as a family the next day at Allison's house.

willieonewillieoneover 8 years ago

Big mistake mentioning the court date coming up so that Sue heard it! Now I expect her to show up and try and stop it. I hope I am wrong as that way she will lose the rest of her family not to mention the pain she will cause Dave,Leroy and Jason. I love their little family and hope they add to it by adopting more kids later giving Jason a little brother or sister!

aclassyladyaclassyladyover 8 years ago
wowwww

I am so glad Leroy and Dave let sue know what they think. How could she say those things about her own child and not really think before she spoke. D&L deserve better. Jason definitely doesn't need to be around her. But I would think he would have questions as to who she is/was. I am also glad to see Lee stepping up for Leroy's family. Sue needs to be on her own and be alone in her life.

I think it is awesome and a really good story. They have had a great story and hopefully it will be a HEA ending for the whole family (minus Sue). I am eagerly waiting to see where you go with this. I am glad you brought up the fact that Leroy is and always will be a marine and that their lives D&L&J could have been different had the tumor not been there. I also have one question: Now that everyone has seen what Sue is capable of doing, Does the rest of the family get to tell her off?

Keep writing at your own pace for the readers can wait for the next chapter if they truly want to read the next saga in this love story. This is such a great story that it stands on its own. Every writer has a life and you have to live your life to the fullest in order to be able to zone in on a fictional family. Keep writing PLEASE!!!!!! Fan as always

ACLASSYLADY

kmillerk1kmillerk1over 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you everyone for your public and private comments, do appreciate them. Even though I have been told I need to work on other story lines (still slight case of writers block) I am writing just not completely liking where I am going. Soon is all I can say, soon. :-)

ChelleShockd4ChelleShockd4over 8 years ago
Finally!

I cannot wait to read about Sue's reaction on being served with divorce papers! Lee really tried, but seeing as how he was sleeping in another room this whole time, I don't think anything can save her from finally seeing herself for what she truly is (which I won't go into details because those types of idiots are not worth my brain power). ;o)

avidreadravidreadrover 8 years ago

I am enjoying this story and the way it's heading. I can't wait till Sue gets served the papers. I imagine first she'll be shocked but then I see either intense anger or sorrow. I do not, however, see her changing her attitude towards D&L.

I wonder if her other children might pull away from her, especially the ones with children of their own to save them from her views. She has the possibility of winding up a lonely lady.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great as usual

I knew Sue wouldn't change. My mother wouldn't either, she never accepted me, my husband or our kids. She didn't compare us to paedophiles but to abusive parents. So yes, Sue is a very believable character to me. Thank you for everyone repeating it isn't Leroy's fault. Took me a long time to accept it wasn't my fault.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

DULL DRAGGED OUT AND PAST ITS BEST

o2byoungo2byoungover 8 years ago
Another cliffhanger

I am thinking, when Leroy's sister can be self supporting, there may be another gay wedding in the future. Wonder what Sue will try to do about that? 7 children and two choosing to live a "life of sin?" Guess it doesn't really matter, these siblings are strong, loving and they still have a loving father.

Hope this is not the end. This series is awesome.

TrippyLuvTrippyLuvover 8 years ago
What's gonna happen at the adoption hearing?

I was hoping Sue would have her ah ha moment when she saw Jason with d&l but sadly it was not to be. It seems as though she's acting out for not having met Jason earlier but in the worst way. The fact she would compare gay men to pedophiles is ridiculous. She has to know deep inside she wrong but is to stubborn to admit she has taken thing too far this time, and could wind up more alone than she though possible. Really want to read what you come up with for the adoption hearing. Excellent read! ;) Keep up the good work, kmillerk1!

GebasGebasover 8 years ago
5 stars

Amazing writing. Just missing a chapter where Sue is killed, and can come up with thousand ideas how to do that... LOL, granted still very surprise the all the kids are actually tolerating all her shit. Hope to see more chapters where all her kids will start leaving her one by one, Lee, is good start, now just everyone else needs to step up. And waiting for official adoption to go through, and see Sues' emotions explode when she will get served with divorce papers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I enjoyed all chapters. I really wanted Sue to come around but sadly like so many real women she couldn't. But I have always thought that no true parent could turn their backs on their children, if you can then you were never a parent. Anyway I loved the stories and hope to read more submissions from you.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66over 8 years ago
A cliffhanger???

I hope that is not the end to this series as I feel you have left us with a few unfinished things, such as the adoption and the divorce. I love this series and hope to see more but onto one of your other stories now for the second time

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I've read this over and over several times hoping for more chapters... I just realised it's just been over a year since the last update.... I hope the story isn't dead... 😔

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

YET ANOTHER UNFINISHED STORY AND NO UPDATES FOREVER WHAT A LAZY WRITER YOU ARE N. I THINK IF YOU DONT UPDATE EVERY TEN WEEKS YOUR STORIES SHOULD REMOVED FROM THE SITE .DISGRACE

kmillerk1kmillerk1over 7 years agoAuthor
I would have hoped that.....

readers would have read my profile page, but some have, most have not. I have been sick for some time. I'm on the mend but still tired and doctors are still trying to help me. I pull out my stories when I feel well, but I will be honest, I sat at work at talked to my coworker the other day and told them I didn't even remember the last 4 months, LOL, probably even longer than that. I just pulled out my chapter 15 of D & L, the last time I worked on it was July 29, 2016, I couldn't even tell you what I even wrote. Can I tell you when any of my stories will be out, all I can tell you is, I WILL TRY. THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE. I do/did enjoy writing, it has just been put on hold. My health is more important. kmillerk1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kmillerk 1, Thank You! May your health improve and your spirit stay hopeful and strong. My thoughts, blessings and best wishes are with you, along with those of countless other people who have been touched and enriched by your words. You are a terrific writer!

Kindness and Insight are clearly at your core. We are all grateful for what you have wriiten and shared with us. If you write more great, if your focus and need to write are just not there now, that is fine too.

You have enriched my life and opened my heart and for that I am grateful. Happy New Year!

Jack Sjoo

nat36nat36about 7 years ago
Please Please Please Finish it!!

Kmillek1 I sincerely hope that you are feeling better and able to get on with the things that you enjoy in life.

I really do that you do get back to your writing as you certainly do have alot of talent in weaving stories and pulling your readers in your character's lives. Dont worry about the self- righteous idiots who criticised you for making the same grammatical mistakes we all make during our everyday lives . As one of the most widely used expressions we have here in Australia goes: GOOD ON YA MATE!! For having ago!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkmillerk1@kmillerk1
I'm going to stop writing for a bit. There are several reasons for this. 1. In and out of writer's block. 2. Lit keeps returning my stories because they think that AI has written them. (So, warning, it's not just me; a lot of authors are getting flagged.) 3. I have things to ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES