All Comments on 'Davina Does Easter'

by LimeyLady

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
jenorma2012jenorma2012about 7 years ago
very good

as always, davey has been a busy girl, the only thing I thought was disappointing was the way you wrote about Dave and miss Williams, it seemed like you skipped over that part, and only wrote about it a little bit, I do hope you will write more about Dave and Val and as always looking forward to the next chapter in the life of Dave

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyabout 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Jenorma

Thank you for your comments. Val (Miss Williams) isn't done yet. The first half of the next part covers Dave's first year at work (up to her properly getting together with Kat) and features Val and Stan quite prominently.

rusty333rusty333about 7 years ago
great again

you keep sucking me into these stories. love them.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyabout 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Rusty333

I'm glad you keep enjoying them.

Next up Dave is going through her "older woman phase" . . . although it's not so clear who is teaching who!

MaonaighMaonaighabout 7 years ago
Am I pleased...

...that I've discovered Dave and her adventures. All four chapters have been a very enjoyable excursion and throughout you've come up with some brilliant one-liners that have made me smile or even chuckle (snogging in front of the chippie---who said that romance is dead? or Jacqui being less forgiving than Lorena Bobbit). Great stuff! I trust that there will be future adventures of Dave---the world can always use a good laugh.

(By the way, I think it was Arthur Daley and not Del Boy who said: "...the world is your lobster...)

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyabout 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Maonaigh

Thank you for enjoying Dave's adventures. Part five, Dave Does Older Women, has been submitted and should be there to read on Literotica in a day or two.

And you are so right about Arthur Daly! I'm gutted to have made so basic a mistake (even though I'm almost convinced I can see/hear Del Boy saying it!!). My excuse is that I rarely watched those two original series because of the time they were shown. No, not nine in the evening . . . I mean between 1980 and 2000, when I was young and footloose with better things to do (or so I thought, LOL) :)

Seriously, I appreciate you pointing that out. When I publish on Smashwords and Amazon I will correct that.

Grognard1Grognard1almost 7 years ago
Running score - 110%

Love the characters. Dave reminds me of a non-derivative Flashhman. The language is superb and deceptively simple, sort of a friendly Hemingway-esque. It does not, however, coddle the reader (as Dave would not) - e.g. "the Luftwaffe had strafed (9/10 of your readers probably don't know what either seldom-used word means but oh do they work).

Your description of Dave reminds of what Lee Miller once said to John Houseman: "It's not always the pretty ones you go to bed with."

VERY well done!

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Grognard1

Thank you. I'm glad you like the story.

I have given Davina a bit of break recently (her tale was meant to be 3 or 4 parts and she's already up to 8!) but there is still more from her to come.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great stuff

......if a little rushed. Would liked to have more info about Val.

LimeyLadyLimeyLadyalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Feedback for Anonymous

It's a while since I read/wrote this story and I can't recall too much about it . . . or Val come to that. "Easter" is he fourth story in the Davina series (twelve separate yarns by now). Fifth in the sequence is Davina Does Older Women. Val turns up again in that.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous