Davy's On The Road Again Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, Elon, show Davy the wheel."

"Oh, right. We replaced your driving wheel to be more comfortable and ergonomic. There are controls built into the sides of the hub for cruse control, music control, air controls and camera controls. And I think that's it. These modifications add nearly $850,000.00 to the base price. Now I know we spoke about a trade-off with the Vanity Fair piece and I'm still willing to do that but I must request that I be there to show Vanity Fair around the bus. Also, I had some out-of-pocket expenses that Danny already took care of. You have a full tank of fuel and a stocked refrigerator and freezer so you're all set to go."

"Elon, it's better than I ever thought. You've done a fantastic job. You, too, Ed. I love it. I feel like I'm on a spectacular luxury yacht." Amy was effusive and literally bubbling over.

"Thank you, Amy. Can you do me a favor? Actually two things. First, please maintain a log so we can monitor your real-life experiences with the bus, it will help us to tweak the bus further. And second, when you're up in the San Francisco area, call me and let's meet at our Menlo Park facility. I want to download the module readings. Oh and by the way, by connecting your computer or iPhone into this jack, you can transmit all module readings directly to Menlo Park."

"Golly gosh and gee...I'm astounded. I can't wait to drive it," I said.

"Oh, you've love it, Davy. We've tightened the turning ratio and increased the power-assist to the wheel. It's a breeze to drive. Now, if you'll give Ed the keys to your rental, we'll return it for you and be on our way. Ed and I are busy making plans to adapt these concepts to other vehicles and even for marine use. This guy has a new and better idea by the minute."

"Elon, would you do me a favor? Will you call Danny and ask him how we can become investors in Tesla? It's something I want to do. You too, Ed. If I can help you guys make the future better, I will."

"It is an honor working with you. We'll see you next week. This bus will be the centerpiece of the symposium." We shook hands. I checked the Bentley to make sure that we'd left nothing inside and sent them on their way.

George was simply flabbergasted. "That is the coolest shit I've ever seen. What a gas...er, make that diesel! You guys are going to have some kind of fun on the road. I envy you, honestly. Maybe some time you'll lend it out to me...this is like a dream I've always had." He wished us bon voyage. I told him to make some time in about two weeks so he could meet us and join us for a few days in the parks. He quickly agreed. We waved as he pulled away.

As we walked around the bus, the four of us seemed overwhelmed and excited. "Hey, I just had a great idea, said Amy, "How about this? After your gig next week, why don't you guys join us on the road to Napa, Yosemite and Yellowstone, or even to Aspen...as far as you want to go, you're welcome to join us."

"Where will George sleep?" I asked. Amy and Deb gave each other snarky looks. "Hmm, I guess we'll have to figure that out."

"That's a great idea, Amy," said Mark, "it opens all sorts of possibilities. I have a gig in New Orleans with the orchestra but that's not until the end of the month. I can fly down. What do you say, Deb?"

"What do I say? Are you kidding? I'm already calling the kennel!"

"Good," I said, "that's settled!" Amy and I began to pack up the bus while Deb prepared a little lunch for us. Mark handed me several large manila envelopes with my studio masters, a few more dupes (and he made some nice labels for the cds, too) and a DVD of Craig's show. I put the masters into the small safe located in the bedroom closet.

We sat around the table and tossed ideas and plans. Deb took her phone and made a call. "Let me put you on speaker...hold on" She'd called Callie. Fortunately Lillian was right there next to her. We all talked over each other and laughed a lot. Amy told them how happy we all were and how much we loved them. I told them how much we progressed since our visit to the spa and that we would make it an annual visit. Mark thanked them for their cosmic intercession in our lives and Lillian told us that she knew how we were faring because our vibrations and energy were with her all the time.

I pulled out my phone to make one last call and Amy noted that I could use a new phone - an iPhone - and that seemed like a very, very good idea.

I dialed my number. "Hello, Shadow? Shadow, this is Davy Harper. Yes, the same Davy Harper. Listen, Shadow, you live near Santa Barbara, right? My partner, Amy, and I will be up that way in a couple of hours in our Magic Bus. Do you have some time to meet? Excellent. I will call you when we get close. See you then."

"Is that the same Shadow I think it is?" asked Mark.

"Yup, my old buddy, Shadow Morton. I have an idea in my head."

"I hear it and I like it a lot."

We hugged, kissed, squeezed each other. There was much crying between the women. Santo hopped right into the bus informing us that it was time to go and we were on the road again. As we rolled down I-ten heading toward Route One, I began to sing an Arlo Guthrie tune.

"Running down the road, Make my get away,

Everything I told you was just yesterday

Yes, You know I'm off again, Oh, and I've been told

You were there beside me, Running down the road"

-----------------------------------------------

In Chapter 12, plans are percolating, stories are being written and the miles keep piling up.

Keep those beautiful comments coming, vote early and often and enjoy the story. Any names and persons used in this story are purely coincidental, fictional, nonexistent and utterly intentional. All the lyrics are copyrighted, too.