All Comments on 'Dawning of an Age'

by johnthesmith

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
soreireisoreireiabout 8 years ago
Excellent start

Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Excellent work. Strong pacing with great character development. Maybe a bit overboard with this ancient woman that can teach blacksmithing by feel and knows how to fight with swords, etc. That's a lot of knowledge for any one person to have, but I guess it adds to the mystical nature of the character.

Where the story is going is still a mystery and I like that. The quality of the writing draws the reader in, and that's a good thing. I'm looking forward to the next twenty chapters, at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great start

I hope this is chapter 1 of a long series. Great story telling. Lila seems so inocent, then bam unleashes a flury of talk that makes me think you're heading in a mystical direction with her hmm? And to anonymous in reference to knowing blacksmithing and usage, yes it is entirely possible and more common than you might think. He never said highly proficient and a master at using weapons. Many of blacksmiths of the midevil ages were capable fighters. Today people have work and lives, back then forging and learning physical skills were all some people had. A mixture of work and entertainment. Since early in the story the author showed the decline and extinction of technology (computers, phones, cars, and tv) it would be safe to assume the characters are living more of the era of 14th century and not 21st.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Hope you make him a powerful magician.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous