All Comments on 'Days Forgotten but Not Lost Ch. 01'

by nageren

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great start

This story already has me captivated. Who is this girl? Even she doesn't know! Can't wait to see how the story unfolds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
thought-provoking

Amnesia is a bit of a cliche as a plot device, but this suggests an interesting take on the theme: how does memory affect a person's sense of wholeness and identity? What really is lost other than memories?

Well-written overall.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Intriguing, as usual

Because you have your own approach, covering less common subjects, or common ones from a different perspective.

I agree with the previous poster regarding climbing into this woman's head and experiencing the disintegration of her world.

Plus, what secret does the "patient" have, the man with whom she keeps making eye contact in the bar? Can't wait for his story, too.

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckalmost 9 years ago
Intriguing Start

I'm a little nervous about the category. It wasn't a sexy start, pretty sad really, but interesting. If it were in "romance" I'd be hopeful for this character. Such a dark, sad tale is not something I look for, but I'm giving this one a try and five stars. But it makes me nervous. A woman taking men home from a bar puts herself in an extremely dangerous and vulnerable situation.

I commend you for intentionally writing mediocre sex. I think it is something that is very real, but won't drive the ratings up. It makes the story stand on its own merit and that is why I am so intrigued and hopeful that you have a tale to tell. I guess even the category is intriguing. There is somewhat of a guarantee of a happy ending in romance. Oh, I've taken quite a gamble to follow you into potential darkness!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
@DonnaBeck

Stay with the story, DonnaBeck. It'll be worth the wait, I'm sure. Like many multipart stories, the first chapter is more about introducing the characters and story line. If you haven't read any stories by this author before, I suggest you start with A Strange Arrangement, the core story to which all the others are connected. A connection to ASA has already been established here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Forgotten Not Lost

@ DonnaBeck:

I think there's something to read into the title. To me "Forgotten But Not Lost" holds out a promise of a happy ending. I agree with you, ,though, that the way Erotic Couplings is described on the stories page ("Wild one-on-one consensual sex") doesn't fit this story. But then neither does Romance, which is described as "Candlelight, wine, and a soft kiss." My advice: fuggedabout the category. The title tips me off to hope for a satisfying denouement. I'm sure it's going to be worth sticking with.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Yey!!! Anothe series from you! Good start! ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Thoughts on Amelia

It seems to me that Amelia shares some traits with Andrew from "A Strange Arrangement?" Namely her needing sex to feel anything emotionally. In most ways she is a different character in her own right, so it will be interesting to see how her story unfolds.

nagerennagerenalmost 9 years agoAuthor

Yes, DonnaBeck, the categories don't always fit. And sometimes, assigning a category to a whole series might reveal too much too soon. I'll leave it at that.

As for writing mediocre sex, it's all just a part of my goal to be realistic and to establish Amelia's character. I knew I'd take a hit on the ratings for that, but I'm pleased with how each chapter of this series turned out- especially the ending ;)

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

jurasickjurasickalmost 9 years ago
Another intriguing story

Another fine exhibition of Nageren writing! After the rather disturbing (from my perspective) "The Unfair Exchange", I really like how this one is developing. As with all your stories, it's the description of what the characters are going through that is much more intriguing. Good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Is she the one?

So Amelia is who killed Gina's brother?

Rake456Rake456about 6 years ago

This is my last story of yours that I haven't read yet, nageren! Hope you're coming out with something soon! :)

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago
good writing

gets the imagination going about her past. Was the past the same as the present or the future? A lot of us just go thru the motions for years because that is what we are programmed to do. What's the purpose or the reason for our existence?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernageren@nageren
I try to write realistically- describing believable people in plausible situations. None of the characters is "me," but many of them represent aspects of my personality and history. My hope is that, as you get to know my characters, you will find yourself thinking-...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories