All Comments on 'Days in the Woods'

by pheacock

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
john1946john1946almost 7 years ago
A Wonderful Piece

A beautifully done story about relationships that continue forever. Indian customs and beliefs have proven themselves out many many times. The stories about the old ones was a pleasure to read. By the way, the love story was good too. Thanks. I really enjoyed this.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinalmost 7 years ago
A beautiful story

Please consider further adventures with these characters. It's refreshing to be entranced by a story with so much value and integrity. Characters with morals and virtue are sadly lacking these days, and tales such as this stand out. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. It was very well written. The characters were great. I hope you continue this. I will definitely read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Research, cultural issues mar good writing

First off, you write well. You have a good handle on the mechanics of it-- grammar, syntax, etc. (yes, even on Literotica there's a sin tax!). Your erotic writing is good, too.

But-- your story has some major flaws in terms of research. A major aspect of the story was Jen's service as a Gunny with Force Recon. However, there are no women yet in Force Recon-- a woman completed the first phase of MARSOC training (Marine Special Operations Command) training in August 2016, but her scores weren't high enough for her to continue on, though she can try twice more. The emotional touch, of Jen proudly wearing her grandfather's dress uniform, didn't make sense either-- women's Dress Blue uniforms are quite different from men's, even if her body had matched his perfectly (and the story's clear-- she had breasts!).

Also, I was bothered by Kallisto. The Lakota I've known have been proud of their heritage. When you stripped them of their own culture and beliefs in exchange for white (Greek) gods and nymphs, you seem to be saying that their own culture isn't as good as that of whites. I doubt that's what you meant to portray.

pheacockpheacockalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Anonymous 9/23/2017 I’m sorry

I do not see any use to getting in a pissing contest with you I would however like to address your issues.

You are correct there are no women in force recon however the story is clearly marked as fiction not USMC history you might try not to be so linear in your assessment.

As to uniform issues The USMC has for the last few years experimented with a unisex tunic and women do wear slacks as well as skirts. Also there was mention of the uniform being tailored. It is also possible that Jen requested that she be able to wear her grandfathers dress blues. Yes Jen has breasts but no mention was made of them being to large to fit in an altered uniform.

The Greek gods did not in any way replace the Lakota heritage or religion. Kallisto had been in place longer than the Lakota nation existed. I worked in western Montana and Both Dakota’s and knew many northern plains Native people most of whom were proud of their heritage but bemoaned the loss of their native tongues and much of their religion. I’m sorry you perceived this as cultural bias I in no way intended to imply that. Kallisto was a part of the Little Bear family as well as their history.

As I recall this is an erotica site that is also, hopefully, literary as you pointed out the story contained those to the best of my fledgling abilities.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenalmost 7 years ago
Very lovely story!

Thank you for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Welll Done

I kept waiting for the mosquitos to carry the two of them away as they traipsed naked through the woods, but I guess the nymph protected them. In all seriousness though, a very lovely story. Nice to read something with characters that have some substance.

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623almost 7 years ago
Well done!

Although I absolutely loved this piece, I was hoping that you would fit in a traditional Native American wedding ceremony. That, along with the English ceremony, would have been a perfect ending. As a Native American myself, I have a love of all of those types of things. Great story, please keep writing!!

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

I may not look or sound it but deep in my family tree I have Native American so I am pleased to see a story using elements of the culture. I also deeply enjoy mythology and the fact that you combined them warmed my heart. We as a race all started from one central point and spread. So combining these beliefs and/or cultures I feel shows more of what we truly are. It shows a unity that we sorely lack.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous