DC Transitions Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

David took Thursday off. He got up earlier than usual, took a shower, shaved his legs, and spent what seemed like ages on his hair and make-up. He put on a pair of skinny jeans, one of his plunge push-up bras, his breast forms, and a loose rayon tank. He decided to go with the flats, and the one purse he had bought on sale on a whim. It was too dressy for the outfit, but he needed somewhere to put his wallet, keys, cigarettes and lipstick. He took a deep breath and walked out to his car.

He arrived at about 9:50, 10 minutes before the store opened. His heart was fluttering so he smoked a cigarette in the parking lot to try to calm himself down. He finished it and it was only 9:55 so he had another. Then he freshened up his lipstick and went into the store. He found the older looking of the 2 clerks, and asked for Marcy. He guessed right. She was probably a size 22, about 50, and dressed very stylishly in a distressed denim skirt and a lace top. She had a tape measure around her neck and was ready to work.

Marcy took David to the fitting rooms. He was well tucked and was wearing skinny jeans so there was no chance of his dick popping out, but he could feel it getting hard against his panties. Marcy complimented him on his outfit and told him the jeans were a perfect fit. She asked him to take off the tank so she could do the measurements. As soon as he took off the tank, she took one look and told him his bra was too big.

"What size breast forms did you order?" asked Marcy.

"D-cup."

"Yes, but for what band size?"

"I don't know. They just said they were D-cup."

"My guess is that you didn't order from a plus size store. They probably assumed a 34 or 36, and these would be a D-cup if you had a smaller band."

"But they're not a D-cup for me?"

"Girl, don't you know how bras work? The cups get bigger as the band gets bigger. So you bought something that would be a 36D, but if you're a 38 they're only a C, and if you're a 40 they're a B! What size bra are you wearing?"

"40D."

"Well, let's measure. You got the 40 right. You're closer to a 39, but you have to size up if you want to breathe. But with these forms you need a 40B."

"But I don't want to be a B cup."

"Honey, nobody chooses to be a B cup, but if that's what God gave you..."

"Well, it wasn't exactly God. What are my choices?"

"Well, you can order new breast forms, but I'm guessing you paid a couple hundred for these and don't want to get rid of them. Other option is one you need to get used to if you're going to be a girl. Lose 10 pounds and I can get you into a 38C with these forms. And I can probably get you into a size 16 top and dress too. Let me go grab a 38C and a 40B in the same style you're wearing now."

Marcy came back and the 40B fit perfectly over the forms, but David hated being a B cup. He tried the 38C. He was able to get it clasped but Marcy was right. He could barely breathe.

Marcy said "I'll tell you what honey. You go lose 10 pounds over the next 4 week so we get get you into a 38C. That's around the time we'll start our Labor Day sale. Wait until then to buy more bras, they'll probably be buy 2, get 2. Right now I've got a discontinued push-up bra in clearance that's only $14.99. We probably have it in a 40B and you can buy a couple to get you by. When you come back find me and we'll do a whole fashion show of our new fall clothes that will all be on sale. And don't call first. You look better than 75% of the girls who shop here."

December 2010

David tried the South Beach diet for the first time in his life. He lost 5 pounds the first week, and by the end of August was down 15 pounds. He called Lane Bryant to see when Marcy's shift were but he didn't announce his arrival. Marcy was working the first day of the sale, so he took another day off for his first shopping spree as a girl. This time he wore his favorite dress with one of the 40B bras. With his weight loss, both the bra and the dress sagged in the wrong places, but David still felt beautiful and confident.

Marcy saw him as soon as he walked in and told him he looked fabulous and asked him if he was ready to shop. She took him right over to the bras, which were buy 2, get 2, as she predicted. She pulled a push up plunge, a strapless, a demi, and a new bra they just got in that claimed to add 2 cup sizes. She brought David to the dressing room and told him to put on the push-up plunge. The 38C fit perfectly.

"Keep that bra on. I'm going to bring you some outfits." She brought him a shirt dress in a fall pattern, an above the knee pencil skirt, and two new tops with drama sleeves for fall. All size 16. He tried the dress on and came out of the dressing room. It fit perfectly. Even though the breast forms were the same somehow David's boobs looked bigger. Marcy gave a whistle of approval. The 2 tops both looked great too. And David was able to go down to a size 14 in the skirt.

"Wear either the push-up plunge or the demi with any of these outfits. Gives you the perfect lift without anything looking out of proportion. Now go back in and put on the strapless."

Marcy brought David two dresses left over from summer, a halter dress and a slip dress. "Down here you can still get a couple of months out of these and they'll still be great next summer." David tried them on and couldn't believe how perfectly they fit - no gaps in the chest, perfect over the ass, and the halter, which had a slim waist, looked stunning with his newly flat stomach. "See how the dress slims your stomach and makes your boobs look bigger? Now, put on the new bra, the one with all the padding. You're going to feel like you've put a couple of socks down your bra, but trust me. After you put it on, pull yourself up and to the center to give yourself some cleavage."

David did as he was told and was amazed by how big his boobs looked - bigger even than Julie's ever were. Marcy brought him a black dress that had a faux wrap top and a deep plunge in the front. David put it on and couldn't believe it was himself he was looking at in the mirror. "Come on out. Let me see." When David stepped out Marcy whistled and said "I think we have a winner for most beautiful girl in the store this month." She called the other clerk over to check out her hot customer.

David ended up leaving with $700 worth of new clothes. He had 8 new bras, all the right size. He had all the outfits Marcy picked out. He bought a new pair of size 14 black skinny jeans. He bought a bustier and a blazer that looked totally hot with the skinny jeans. And 2 new pairs of shoes, 2 inch pumps and another pair of sandals. He was about to check out when he noticed the purses and remembered he was still using the dressy purse he brought with him 4 weeks ago. He bought 2 new purses, a big one that he always sees women with and wonders what in the world they're carrying, and a smaller casual purse. He needed to make 2 trips to the car to carry everything out.

As he was leaving Marcy came over to him and whispered "You're learning another important lesson about being a girl. Your closet is going to be full of clothes in four different sizes. Don't ever throw anything out."

When David got home he couldn't believe how his closet looked. 80% of it was now dresses, skirts, skinny jeans, and blouses. He had a few hangers full of the men's clothes he had when he moved here, with some shirts that were getting pretty ratty, a pair of threadbare corduroys, two pairs of dockers with tattered cuffs, and a pair of jeans that were going to rip through the crotch any day. And they were all too big.

David still wore his tattered men's clothes to work, but when he got home he would change into his new wardrobe. He went out more and more in drag. Grocery shopping. Dinner. Movies. Every so often he would get a strange look when he handed somebody a credit card that said "David O'Neill", but he never ran into too much trouble. He even got up the courage to go to some of the neighborhood bars at night. The clientele was young and he knew there were at least a few gay employees and customers, so he didn't feel unsafe. But at the same time he didn't give any hints that he was looking for a hook-up, either. He had heard stories of guys who didn't like it when they brought a date home to find a surprise.

The fall went by quickly. David volunteered on the campaign to elect the Democrat to the local House seat. He had won in 2008 when Obama won North Carolina, but this was going to be a tougher election. David was named special liaison to youth for the campaign and it was his job to organize the young volunteers to get their friends to go out and vote. It meant weekends and an extra 6 hours of work every night through October, but David was energized by the politics. He didn't wear his new wardrobe to the campaign offices, but almost everybody suspected that he was gay and in this crowd it didn't matter.

David's candidate ended up not winning the election. It was crushing for David because it reminded him that he was still living in the Deep South, and not everybody around him was as open to his lifestyle as he was. But it also convinced him that he needed to declare who he was. He couldn't live in secret anymore.

After Thanksgiving he requested a meeting with Barbara Ann Kraft. When he went into her office, she looked a little troubled. She said "David, please don't tell me you're quitting."

"Well, David is not coming back after the New Year."

Barbara Ann looked puzzled. "What do you mean?"

David paused for a moment, trying to remember the words he had practiced. "Barbara Ann, I've decided to not live life as David anymore. I will be coming back to the office in the New Year, but I will be identifying as a woman. I would like to ask that the company make accommodations for my transition."

Barbara Ann smiled. "You know, you're not the first girl to have transitioned at this company. We have HR policies in place to cover this. First the big issue. According to our policy, employees are allowed to use the restroom of whatever gender they identify with. Also, employees are expected to recognize you as the gender you identify with. We consider it harassment if anybody purposely continues calling you David or he."

David was pleasantly surprised. "That's good."

Barbara Ann continued "We can change your name in our internal databases almost immediately to recognize your new identify. Our e-mail server, the directory, the plaque on your cube. All these are easy to change. Anything external is harder. For tax reasons, your pay stubs will continue to be made out to David until you legally change your name. All in all it's a fairly easy process. You should tell Tanya and your co-workers of your transition. It's tough for them to come in one day and unexpectedly find a new you. I'd tell Tanya in person, more distant colleagues you can do by e-mail."

Barbara Ann laughed. "And the best news is that in 20 years you'll have no trouble buying Benson & Hedges - you'll be a 45 year-old woman. So, what should we call you when you return on January 2?"

David chuckled at Barbara Ann's joke then replied "Sara. No H."

12