All Comments on 'Dean & Lily - Masquerade Ball'

by The_Tender_Dominant

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago

I fully acknowledge I haven't read the preceding parts of their story, so I don't know their history. That said, psycho-possessive stalker-y much? If it was intended to come across as the positive re-uniting of meant-to-be lovers...it misses for me. Dominant ought not mean overbearing ass.

The_Tender_DominantThe_Tender_Dominantalmost 10 years agoAuthor

Acknowledging one's ignorance beforehand does not alleviate guilt. If anything, it only serves to shine a brighter light on said ignorance and the fallout caused by said ignorance - that fallout being that your comment misses entirely. Is Dean possessive? Absolutely. Psycho? Hardly. A stalker? Not even a little. The couple has well-established dynamic that reading between the lines will show gets Lily really turned on. I am not responsible for preconceived notions brought by the reader, especially if the reader chooses to bask in admitted ignorance by not reading previous encounters the two characters have had. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I'd appreciate it more had you taken the time to educate yourself about an existing relationship. I'm sorry the story missed for you, but am completely OK with accepting the fact that it's impossible to please everyone.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 10 years ago
Guilt, guilt...humm...

No guilt for an honest opinion and how it was formed. I will own my review would have benefitted from additional parts of my thought process.

The previous two parts of this relationship were posted in another section. You, dear author, made no mention that they existed. Who knew to look before reading this part?

This basically was presented as a stand alone story. I read it as such and reviewed it as such. After my opinion had been formed, I wondered about any possible other works of yours, and voila! Had I know to read them in order, I would probably still not been overwhelmed by their dynamic, but would not disliked him as much. But you didn't tell us, and I already disliked him by the time I read them.

I missed the point, you say. Well, I supposed I did miss your intended point. Eye of the beholder and all that... .

In terms of writing quality, you are obviously good. Just help the readers and yourself by sharing when something is part of a whole. An author note at the start is such an easy thing to include. If this is going to have many more parts, it would also be polite to list the chronology of the parts in your home page comment area. Having to shift through an author's story list to figure that out is always annoying.

I do wish you well in future writings.

Fluffitty69Fluffitty69almost 10 years ago
More!

Loved the story and was left wanting to know more about their relationship. Why did

she go to California, why did he let her? How did their relationship end?

Please tell me their will be more to this story. You have the makings of a good serial story!

The_Tender_DominantThe_Tender_Dominantalmost 10 years agoAuthor
There's guilt and there's guilt

I understood your feelings completely and how they were formed. Had you left off the disclaimer at the beginning of your commentary, I would still not have agreed with it based on the couple's history, but your comments would have made a lot more sense. The way you set it up you were obviously choosing to remain ignorant but commenting anyway. That's hardly firm ground for a proper critique. That being said, I do realize you were giving opinion and I have no problem with that. I never did. I would prefer to please all of my readers, but know such isn't possible and have never begrudged a person his/her opinion.

As for the story parts being in different sections, thank Literotica. I selected "Erotic Couplings" for the category so that it would stay with my other stories. I'm not sure how it ended up in BDSM. In fact, I was really confused when I went to look for it today because it wasn't where it was supposed to be. I've already submitted a request to fix that.

I hadn't really planned from the start to make my stories a series. These and many others have been roughed out for a long time. Some of them will have absolutely no place in this timeline. I've always used the same names, though, for reasons that will remain my own. As I worked on these three, I noticed that they could work together, so the series has sort of just happened. I will likely take your advice and go back and insert an author's note as I don't know that it's possible to alter the titles by numbering them at this point.

Thank you for the compliment on my writing and for all of your suggestions. I always welcome critiques. Maybe a future story will be more to your liking.

The_Tender_DominantThe_Tender_Dominantalmost 10 years agoAuthor
Story continuity

Honestly, the details and myriad events between "Office Fun" & "Masquerade Ball" are yet to be sorted. As mentioned in a previous comment, the vast majority of my writing (all of which was unfinished/unpublished until recently) consists of dozens of stand-alone encounters. As my submissions have progressed, I've found myself combing through my work to make something at least a little cohesive. Where that will take me remains to be seen, but there will certainly be more.

2joy22joy2almost 10 years ago
Perfection

So exquisitely sexy. I love these stories and am a bit jealous of Lily to be honest. Looking forward to the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Mismatchedmama loves!!!

Delicious!!! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

WoW! That was HOT!! Awesome Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
*Swoons*

Pleaseee write more, I love this so much......... I want a Dean, where can I buy one?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

hot af ... more pleaseeeee

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe_Tender_Dominant@The_Tender_Dominant
Though originally created as stand-alone stories, the Dean & Lily series has begun to take on a life of its own. I will be doing my best to merge existing works in progress with those already published to develop a cohesive story line. For now, those wishing to read them in t...