All Comments on 'Dear God...'

by OnlyByMoonlight

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Powerful

Sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Don't Worry!

Jesus loves you! It is God's will! The Lord Moves in Mysterious Ways! God Loves You! (ROFLMAO!)

markellymarkellyover 14 years ago
Honest.

Regardless if it’s a work of fact or fiction. A truly powerful tale that makes you sit up and think.

Those that have loved and lost will feel every ounce of pain this story yields, and those that have not, will now know what is to come.

RossDanielsRossDanielsover 14 years ago
Wow!

Left me totally speechless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
God is

The Supreme Being is not answerable to anyone for anything, not you for your pain not for the victims in Cambodia or World War II or Haiti. Whatever cause and effect for anything are a result of freewill or His plan.

When you stand in frint of him ask what you will. He is responsible for Himself and His plan or lack thereof.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
It'll be okay, I promise the pain will ease

Regardless of what you might be going through, everything happens for a reason. It might not be something expected, but it will get easier. Your life is worth livinG, no matter what you might think right now. just stay strong, and live life to it's fullest. You're not alone in your pain, just know that there's always someone out there who loves you, and who needs you more than you know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Everyone is answerable

Everyone is answerable. Not everyone can be held accountable.<br />

One shouldn't assume that God is ethical. Totally unwarranted. For example, the God of the Old Testament is extremely unethical (directly killing vast numbers of innocents, being extremely capricious, imposing natural disasters, neglecting most of world's peoples and generations, etc.).

By the way, if there is only one god, that god will not be male or female. There is no point in being either if there are no corresponding members of the other sex. So bang the gong on books and preachers speaking of a single god who has a gender.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Sorry, sorry Moonlight, I should have got back to you sooner

only I've had rather a busy day. And as usual it didn't all go according to the Great Scheme of things...hahaha, you obviously know what I mean, just small things really, nothing I won't be able to tweak and tune. Awfully sorry about the hub but chin up hahaha etc. etc. ad nauseum...Mancelt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
sobering

Ver powerful and thought provoking. Can't say I loved the storyline but loved the writing. Thank you. Jim in AB

moonlitclovermoonlitcloverover 14 years ago

Sad but honest and heartfelt. I have to say that the paragraph about the narrator's supposition that the abuse as a child was god's way of communicating that they weren't worthy Really hit me. I'm pretty sure that concept is going to be floating around my brain for a bit, not that I agree, but out of heart break for anyone who has ever had a reason to think that way.

mushthecoolermushthecoolerover 14 years ago
Heartfelt, but not fit for this contest.

A heartfelt story that needed to be shared with the literotica community, however, I see no connection to Valentine's Day in this story. This should not be considered for the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Just do it!

I spent my life trying to rescue those lost souls, bent on self-destruction. All too often, I did not succeed. Those really intent on doing it, almost always did it. (If not immediately, then in time.) One such, with whom I was attempting to intervene, came close to killing me, abruptly ending my own career...JUST DO IT!

oldwayneoldwayneabout 14 years ago
Too twisted for a Valentine's Day Contest.

You should have sent this to The Psychology Journal, instead of posting it here! This is some sick-ass shit. Call the suicide hot line and leave us alone!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
A LITTLE COMPASSION, PLEASE

When another human being is so desperate that they write something like this and post it somewhere...anywhere... there is only one response that is appropriate... compassion. This person doesn't need either theology or correction much less mockery or egging on.

OnlyByMoonlight, please know that I have been in a dark place like this and I got though it and believe that you can to. Please find someone supportive to talk to. If you can't think of anyone call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at:

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

or

1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)

These are free, 24-hour hotlines available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress.

Also, here is a wonderful link that helped me.

If you are suicidal, read this first

http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. You are in my prayers.

puddychpuddychabout 9 years ago
nice..

a well thought out short story which makes the reader think....

pud

chucksavedchucksavedover 4 years ago
Familiar sounding

Suicide is like a bullet, neither can be taken back. He doesn't answer me either. God, the Almighty makes no easily discernable sound to me anymore as I've replaced him with hatred & drugs. Praise didn't work and certainly blasphemy wasn't going to either.

The only logical reason why we seem so unimportant to the Maker has to be that death isn't really death. Whatever it is that makes you, you continues to live in some form only now the vehicle (your body) doesn't accompany you. If that's the case, we're wholly ill-prepared for that. Trust & faith are the only suggestions from the worthless piece of shit whore of a church. Then they compound the misery by blaming you for your lack of faith, which is a sin as not trusting God is to call him a liar, and tell you you MUST read the Word & pray more. Oh, and don't forget to keep that tithe check coming. To be fair, there are times the Lord actually sounds off and, while you can't see Him, you see His influence. It's like seeing the branches move due to wind, but can't see the wind itself. It's exciting to see Him work in another's life, just not in yours, or shall I say 'mine'?

I'm reminded of the Alkaline Trio song, Hell Yes

"You've been there for me one time in my life, but it didn't matter. You came & went so fast all my hope & faith in you shattered,".

I can't imagine what kind of reward He could bestow for an entire life of sadness, depression, disappointment, but never losing faith in His love for you. I'll never get to know as I've lost & regained my faith so many times my head spins and not a peep. Not that He owes you, right? No, I'm a sinner and belong in hell. That's all I've ever earned from Him, but so has everyone else so what the fuck? Where's all that good shit He drops on so many others right in front of me?

I don't ... Fuck it. I truly feel pain for the heart that wrote this and can only hope it isn't autobiographical.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous