Death in the Desert Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TE999
TE999
643 Followers

"We've got a bogey incoming at 14:00 high, Sue," Zoe shouted, "Let's see if we can make this elephant dance. When I say 'Go', turn a sharp left and goose it, when I say 'Go' again, turn right and goose it. You copy?"

"I copy, say when."

The other riders heard the exchange and hung on for dear life, hoping they could avoid being strafed or bombed.

"What'cha gonna do, sis?" Zoe muttered as the pilot banked her mount to the left to get a better view of the vehicle below, then leveled off and began an attack run. Zoe watched the nose of the plane for the telltale flash of its Vulcan multi-barrel cannon firing then shouted "GO!"

Sue Lynn swung the speeding vehicle hard to the left, the four front wheels turning as the back four churned the rocky ground scrabbling for traction. The Stryker teetered for a heart-stopping moment on its left wheels, then thudded back down and raced away. Zoe hollered "GO' again and the vehicle swung to the right as a hail of cannon shells chewed the ground to powder where they'd been seconds before, the ricocheting shrapnel thudding and clanging against the armored vehicles hull.

"Dammit, she's making another pass," Zoe muttered, "Ready Sue, here she comes again."

"Say when."

As Zoe watched, the Thunderhorse screeched into a climbing turn, its twin turbofan engines jetting flame from the maneuver, and then it leveled off and swooped in again.

"Oh, man I bet she's pissed ... Turn right, then left this time," Zoe shouted, "That'll throw her off. Steadyyy ... GO!"

Another scrabbling, lurching turn, then "GO!" as the next turn caused the cannon fire to streak over the top of the Stryker and explode against a cluster of boulders with a booming roar. Zoe watched as the frustrated pilot executed another climbing turn, and then streaked off to join its flight before wasting any more ammunition.

"Man, that was close," Harriet said, "That was some drivin' Sue."

"Zoe called the shots," Sue replied, "I'm just the chauffeur."

"I think I peed myself." Margie said plaintively and they all laughed, breaking the tension.

***

Several hours of uneventful travel later, Sue Lynn said "There's some buildings ahead, Zoe. It appears to be the rendezvous point where we met Bea Company. You want to head for em'?"

Zoe scanned them with the telescopic gun sight and thermal imaging, saw no signs of life and said "Sure, sun's going down so we'll camp there for the night. Find a building that still has a roof and park inside it."

Reaching the cluster of abandoned buildings, they drove around to each one until Zoe said, "That one" indicating a two story structure that appeared to be a hotel or a rooming house. Sue Lynn crashed through the rear wall, crunching over dusty furniture and finally coming to a halt in what had once been the lobby. Debris cascaded down in a shower of wood, lath, plaster and tarnished light fixtures, then all was quiet.

"Oh, clerk, four rooms for the night, please," Anita said in a high voice, "All with baths. We'll carry our own bags."

Laughing as the rear doors opened and the loading ramp thudded down on what remained of the wood planked floor, the women disembarked with their weapons and knapsacks and looked around. The waning sunlight shone through the grimy panes of glass in the tall windows giving the space an air of faded majesty as dust and dirt particles danced in the feeble rays.

"Let's find another spot to camp," Zoe said, shouldering her knapsack. "If they spot this rig with a thermal scanner, they'll bomb the crap out of this place."

They trudged from one building to another until they spotted what appeared to be some sort of store. The roof was intact, so they popped the front doors open with gun butts and went inside. Rusted tools, cooking pots, boxes, crates and other discarded items littered the dusty planked floor. Shelves and cubby holes covered one wall with display cases and counters in front of them. A thick patina of grime covered the glass fronts of the cases concealing whatever could be left inside.

"Some kinda general store, I guess," Janice said, sitting on a crate. "We had a place back home like this. Crabby old bastard name of Perkins ran it. We'd steal candy from him when we were kids."

"You think that's what made him crabby?" Margie said, sitting down next to her.

"Let's see what we have for food and ammo," Zoe said. "We may be here a while."

"There's a well out back," Anita said, who'd been looking around, "We won't die of thirst and we can always plink jackrabbits to eat."

"All the comforts of home," Harriet said, sitting down on the floor, back against a counter. She rummaged through her knapsack and announced "I grabbed some rations from the hospital kitchen, what about you guys?"

The others had done the same, except Shivani who had accumulated a stash of nutrient bars, packages of dried fruits, various packages of crackers, nuts and candy and any other goodies she could cram into her knapsack. They ate better up in officer's country.

Pooling their resources, they dined sparingly, drank water from their canteens and settled back to rest. By nightfall, they had decided to rotate guard duties in three hour shifts at the front and back doors while the others slept and the hours passed uneventfully.

***

By the time everyone was awake, the sun was climbing into the sky and the day was becoming warmer. Zoe decided they would spend the rest of the day and night where they were and then travel that next morning. The idea of traveling at night was considered, and then discarded as visibility was poor and using the vehicles lights would attract unwanted attention.

As it became warmer, clothing was discarded to keep cool until they were wearing little but skivvie shorts or were naked. So much flesh on display caused passions to be aroused and soon couples were pairing off to secluded corners to make love. Wearing shorts and bare breasted, Zoe and Shivani decided to sit on the back porch in the shade of the overhanging roof snickering at the slurps and moans emanating from inside the building.

Soon, their own desires rising, they removed their shorts and lay together on the porch floor, kissing and caressing as fingers entered wet pussies. They frigged each other into gasping orgasms and lay back to rest. Then Zoe crawled between Shivani's muscular thighs and began licking and sucking her gooey cunt. Shivani gripped Zoe's hair, crushing her lover's mouth against her spuming pussy and squealed with joy as she came and came again filling Zoe's mouth with warm juices.

A moments rest, then Zoe went on her hands and knees and wiggled her ass at Shivani who was behind her in an instant, sucking Zoe's wet pussy and reaming it with her tongue. Zoe rested her head on her crossed arms, moaning in pleasure as Shivani ate her asshole, driving her tongue deep inside the puckered hole that opened to admit her. Then she pushed two fingers into her lovers dripping cunt and began finger fucking her, following up with two fingers in her slick asshole, pumping into one then the other as Zoe jerked and moaned at both her holes being filled.

"Cum for me," Shivani growled, fucking harder, "Cum for me, my love."

Zoe howled with joy, cumming again and again as Shivani fucked her holes mercilessly until she collapsed panting and whimpering. Shivani cradled her in her arms until her breathing slowed and she relaxed.

"Some soldiers we are," Harriet said as she and Sue Lynn strolled arm and arm onto the porch wearing only satisfied smiles. "Yeah," Sue Lynn continued, "A troop of Girl Scouts could have captured us while we were all fucking."

"I didn't hear you complaining about that a few minutes ago," Harriet replied, slapping Sue Lynn's ebony ass.

"When that lizard tongue of yours is up in my twat, I don't think of anything, babe," Sue Lynn said.

"I bet you say that to all the girls that you fuck," Harriet jibed and they sat down next to Zoe and Shivani. No one spoke for a while as they stared out at the heat waves shimmering from the rocky ground, reflecting on their escape from the Sunnies and the attack from the air.

When the other couples disengaged and came wandering outside, it was time to dig into the rations again and enjoy another meager, yet filling meal. Gloria found some intact buckets and they took turns pumping water from the well and dousing each other with the surprisingly cool water. Refreshed and their hunger satisfied, they sat around telling about their home towns and life experiences until sleep crept up on them, so they posted guards and drifted off cuddled together.

***

When dawn broke, the escapees were on their way north again. Taking a risk, they drove on the highway so the Stryker could reach top speed and reach their lines before the day was out. Wanda had taken over the driving, with Margie in the gunners' seat as Janice fiddled with the radio trying to establish communications with the fort and not having any luck.

The hum of the huge tires, the throb of the diesel engine and the gentle rocking of the vehicle caused the others to doze as the miles rolled by. Hours passed, then an all too familiar droning caused them all to jerk awake and become fully alert.

"Thunderhorse's heading our way," Margie shouted, "It looks like at least two squadrons. What should we do Zoe?"

"Get off the road and stay still, maybe they'll pass by. Otherwise we'll make a run for it."

Wanda wheeled the Stryker some distance from the road, stopped with the motor idling and they waited nervously as the droning grew progressively louder until the flight was directly overhead and then they were gone.

"Oh man, I thought sure our ass was grass," Sue Lynn said, "I guess they had bigger fish to fry."

"They must be really pasting the Sunnies," Harriet added. "I wonder how much further it is to the fort?"

"No way to tell," Zoe said, we were doing over 145 kph when we passed through here before and we were concentrating on the mission. We'll just keep going and hope for the best. Any luck with that radio, Janice?"

"No ma'am, just some Sunnie jabber and static. Maybe Shivvy could listen in and figger out what they're saying."

"I will certainly try," Shivani replied. She sat on the floor next to Wanda's seat, put on a set of earphones, listened for a few minutes, and then said "From what I can determine, the offensive is proceeding slowly due to the air attacks. They're still on the move though. There's some crosstalk from what sounds like scouting patrols ahead of the advance. No telling where or how close they are."

"If we run into any of them," Zoe said, "We'll try and bluff our way through, if that fails, then we'll shoot our way clear and haul ass. How many small arms do we have, Harriet?"

"Four sub-machine guns, two rifles, a grenade launcher and six pistols. We have enough ammo for a quick firefight, after that we can throw rocks at 'em."

"What about the turret guns, Margie?"

"Looks to be about six 20 round belts of shells for the cannon, seven canisters of ammo for the machine gun. Cannon ammo's a mix of frag, ball, tracer and armor piercing rounds, Machine gun's all solid shot and tracers."

"I've got four ammo canisters for the gun up here," Wanda said.

"There's eight firing ports back here, four to a side," Harriet continued, "We can raise some hell with those too."

"Okay," Zoe said, "Two sub-machine guns to a side, one rifle to a side. I'll use the grenade launcher, Shivvy and Anita'll use the rifles, the rest of you the sub-M's. That should keep their heads down."

"There's an A/P canister launcher on the rear deck," Margie added, "I can't tell how many rounds are in it unless I go outside to check."

"Hey Zoe," Wanda shouted, "Vehicles in the road up ahead. Looks like a roadblock. Do we go around 'em or through 'em?"

"What are we up against?"

"I see one tracked tank, looks to be an old medium," Margie said, "Four armored Humvees mounting chain guns, four trucks, two jeeps and a motorcycle. There's a lot of troopers standing around and they look pretty relaxed."

"Sunnies?"

"Yep, must be one of those scouting patrols."

"Okay, let's try bluffing our way through," Zoe replied, "Shivvy, you rise up from the forward crew hatch and sweet talk 'em. The rest of you stand by and be ready to cut loose if the shit hits the fan. Go for the tank first, Margie. Those armor piercing rounds should penetrate effectively at this range. Drive on up, Wanda, and get as close as you can. You ready, Shivvy?"

"Indeed I am," Shivani replied, adjusting her uniform blouse and officer's cap. They stopped as close as they could, then Shivani opened the hatch, stuck her head and shoulders out and began talking with the noncom in command. The exchange began amiably, but soon became heated. She finally ducked back in and closed the hatch behind her.

"The stubborn ass insists on contacting his superiors," Shivani muttered. "I think we better be prepared to fight."

Three loud clanks rang out as Margie and Wanda cocked the cannon and machine guns, while the rest threw the bolts on their weapons and waited. Anita and Shivani gathered what first aid equipment they had, ready to render assistance if needed, and then joined the others at the firing ports.

"That guy's yelling something at us," Wanda said, "He looks pissed."

"Woop, that tank just started it's engine and the turret's swiveling," Margie said, "Those Humvee gunners are throwing their bolts too. It's party time."

"Hit 'em hard!" Zoe hollered as the Stryker's cannon and machine guns roared defiance and Wanda accelerated at the cluster of vehicles. Firing ports snapped open and everyone prepared to fire when they got closer.

Wanda aimed the Stryker at a point where two trucks were parked diagonally nose to nose blocking the road while Margie raked the tank with armor piercing rounds that easily penetrated the aged vehicles armor at close range setting it ablaze.

Wanda's machine gun ripped into the trucks, shredding the thin metal, puncturing tires and cutting down the soldiers blazing away at them with rifles and sub-machine guns. Margie turned the gun mounts lethal pair onto the Humvees that were concentrating their fire on the charging Stryker, the barrage clattering like hail on the vehicles rhomboid armor.

Bursts of small arms fire erupted from the Stryker's firing ports, felling more of the wildly firing Sunnie soldiers as Zoe fired a grenade at one of the jeeps reducing it to flaming scrap. Like a charging bull, the Stryker brushed the two ruined trucks aside as if they were toys and thundered down the highway leaving carnage behind. An undamaged Humvee began to give chase with its chain gun firing, but when two anti-personnel canisters exploded on the pavement in front of it showering the crew with lethal pellets, they stopped, turned around and fled.

"Yeehaaa!" Margie hollered, "That'll teach them sumbitches to mess with Kay Company."

"We sure done tore them a new one," Gloria said excitedly, "Nice shootin' troopers."

"You guys damn sure make me proud," Zoe said, hugging Shivani and Sue Lynn. "Get back on the radio, Janice and see if we can pick up anything."

"On it, Zoe, I mean yes, ma'am."

Zoe grinned and slapped Janice on the butt as she clambered forward to operate the radio. After a few minutes, she called to Zoe "I think I may have picked up an unscrambled transmission from HQ. The signals weak, but I can hear 'em."

Zoe was crouched beside her in one bound. "Can we transmit?"

"We sure can try. Here's the mic, I'll try and hold the frequency."

"Raptor One calling The Nest, Raptor One calling The Nest, you copy? Over."

"Try it again."

After repeating their call signal three times, Zoe heard a static filled voice respond "Nest calling Raptor One, Nest calling Raptor One, we copy, over."

"Roger that Nest One," Zoe replied gleefully, "This is Captain Zoe, Kay Company,we're on our way north on Highway 105 in a captured enemy vehicle; an eight wheeled Stryker in sand camo, no markings, over."

"Roger, Raptor One, we're sending you an escort, over."

"We copy, Nest, we'll be waitin', Captain Zoe out."

It's occupants whooping and hollering in joy and relief, the Stryker thundered down the highway until a Warhorse attack helicopter came whirring over them and two AeroTanks appeared to guide them in. They were home and, as it turned out, returning to a hero's welcome.

***

When the dusty, bullet scarred Stryker rolled through the gates of Fort Bliss, Zoe and the others were amazed to see troopers lined up along both sides of the road cheering and hollering. Wanda brought the Stryker to a halt as an AeroJeep hummed up to meet them and three officers got out.

Zoe and the others emerged from the vehicles rear doors, down the ramp and walked to where the officers stood. In their rumpled, mismatched and dirty clothing they looked more like tramps than soldiers, yet they all stood at attention and saluted. Zoe recognized Colonel Susan and Major Andrea and the other officer with them looked familiar.

"Welcome home, troopers," Colonel Susan said, warmly. "Major General Mary has made a special trip here to congratulate you on your successful escape. General?"

"Holy shit, it's 'Hayl' Mary," Sue Lynn hissed to Harriet.

The general was an imposing sight in her tailored dress uniform; iron gray hair trimmed short, little makeup, snapping black eyes and a snub nose on a kindly face, skin taut and tanned. She stood over six feet tall in low heeled military dress shoes, rows of campaign medals arrayed on her ample chest, shoulder boards displaying her two star rank resting on broad shoulders. Holy shit, indeed.

"Welcome home, troopers," Mary began in a pleasant alto tone, "The Colonel and the Major have been briefing me on your exploits. You all have shown commendable bravery and courage in enduring your captivity and making good your escape. Well done, all of you."

"Thank you, ma'am," they chorused.

"I'd imagine that right now you all are thinking only of chow and a bunk, so we'll cut this short. Welcome back and I look forward to speaking with each of you individually once you've had a chance to settle in."

"Thank you, ma'am," they said again, more heartily this time.

"After chow, accommodations have been prepared for you at the BOQ and the enlisted barracks," Colonel Susan said.

Zoe and her companions looked at one another questioningly, then back at Zoe who said "If you don't mind, ma'am, we'd prefer a billet together. Can that be done?"

The officers looked puzzled, and then General Mary said, "It's not exactly military protocol, but under the circumstances of course you may. Colonel, make the necessary arrangements."

"Thank you, ma'am," was the reply, followed by a snappy salute.

***

"Oh man, this feels wonderful," Gloria said happily, the shower spray tingling on her bare shoulders.

"Can I wash your back?" Wanda asked expectantly.

"Huh? Are you trying to cop a feel?"

"Ummmm ... no ... well, maybe."

"In that case, have at it."

Wanda pressed her naked body against Gloria's back, reaching around to rub the woman's hairy pussy with a soapy washcloth saying "It's very important to make sure your privates are clean, sweetie."

Gloria sighed and leaned against Wanda who began kneading the woman's breast with her other hand.

"Look at those two," Sue Lynn said, leaning against the shower wall letting the water cascade down her body. "Right out in public like that, shameless hussies."

"They have some nerve," Harriet said, on her knees between Sue Lynn's creamy thighs, "Spread your legs some more, baby."

"Ahhh, fuck," Sue Lynn moaned, "I love your tongue."

The other women were all similarly engaged in the communal shower; Anita, Janice and Margie in a daisy chain under the spray, Zoe and Shivani in a warm water 69 under another shower head.

TE999
TE999
643 Followers