All Comments on 'Death in the Rockies Ch. 02'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Warning requested

If you're going to present a snuff-type story, please label it as such.

sr71pltsr71pltover 12 years agoAuthor
Can't Read?

It's part of a murder mystery series and has "Death" in the title. What were you expecting? I assume intelligenct readers. There will be more deaths in this series--and I won't run a warning.

metajinxmetajinxover 12 years ago

As much as I agree with you about "Death" being in the title, it would have been nice to have some kind of warning that the character of this part will not make it to the next one. People tend to bond with characters if they get a feeling that they might be important in more ways than just "being dead", and that definitely dampens the mood to read on. I loved the first part, and I did love this part, but the cliffhanger and the possibility that this character will die pretty soon threw me off tracks.

You might want to consider accepting feedback, or just deactivate the comments option if you don't want to read it. Calling your readers "unintelligent" will definitely not get your voting up ;)

sr71pltsr71pltover 12 years agoAuthor
It's an Adult World

Metaflix: Walk into a bookstore and pick up an Agatha Christie or any other murder mystery book and look for a warning label on death being involved. You won't find it. I didn't warn that anyone would stub their toe either. I'm treating my readers like adults, and I won't put warning labels on my stories. They get a category, a title, a blurb, and keywords. They won't get more spoonfeeding than that; I don't write for those needing pablum or individual spoonfeeding. And I gave up on getting votes a long time ago--I have too many trolls hanging off my story file to be motivated by votes. Thanks for your concern--but not for your preaching. Write and post your own stories as you please.

sr71pltsr71pltover 12 years agoAuthor
Sorry

Sorry for screwing up your name in my response, metajinx. The comments disappear when writing a response and I had remembered the name incorrectly. It wasn't an intention jab or anything.

npiccininpicciniover 12 years ago
I Liked It

I liked this chapter. A lot. Sure we readers get invested in characters, grow attached, that doesn't mean they can't get killed off. Some of the best novels I've read have lost their main characters early in the story. And anyway we don't know if Jake lives or not. The sex scene was HOT as usual in your stories [although I would LOVE for you to write the dungeon scene from Temptation Castle :)] and I am very much looking forward to the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES