Death of a Marriage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nobility
Nobility
78 Followers

When he returned, he had a bag and a suitcase in his hands. His wife had stopped crying and was looking at him with those pleading, horrified hazel eyes of her.

"Robert...please." Her voice didn't lose her fight one bit.

He sighed, "I've talked with my lawyer; expect to be served by tomorrow." He saw the fear in her eyes deepen. "I've cancelled our joint account. I won't be fighting for any of it. You can keep the house, the cars and everything in it." His eyes briefly landed again on their wedding photo. "I don't want any past baggage for the new life I'm about to start."

"Honey, please! Listen to me! We can go to counselling and sort out our differences!" Her voice had taken a commanding tone. But, was filled with desperation. "We can put all this behind us and start a new life, here! Like the way you want! We'll have lots of kids and we'll even move into a house that you like! Just give me one more chance!"

Robert smiled sadly. His eyes were pools of pity and hurt. "But, we can't have any of that, now, can we... After, all I've been through, I don't want to take another chance." He went to the loveseat, where his wife still sat at and dropped two things on the glass table; his wedding ring and engagement band. "Living with you even after knowing about your infidelities, I've faced many of my own demons... But, my faith in you that you've made a mockery of, isn't one those." He went back to pick put his bags and headed towards the door.

"Besides," He started before he headed out of the door and out of his old life. "There isn't a shrink who can revive a dead marriage."

With that, he closed the door behind him. Leaving a wife too hurt to even cry anymore, as she just stared at her husband's wedding ring and engagement band, remembering all their times together and regretting how she'd taken such a loving husband for granted.

Nobility
Nobility
78 Followers
12