Deciphering the Bloom Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ethan has authorized money transfers. Go to the orange tab. There are the amounts you agree to accept for pain and suffering. If you feel it's not enough I can get you more."

David sat up and looked at the amount. He concentrated on breathing; he was overwhelmed and any decision was Nicolao's.

"If you agree with the conditions sign. You'll also own the storefronts to Hope's Cove."

"Saint," Nicolao reached over for David's hand. "Stop being his secretary. This is more money than any jury would award. As my friend, my sister what do you think?"

Breezy rubbed her temples. "I think a madman is offering you financial independence. I've taken obscene amounts of money from that arrogant bastard over the past weeks. Money has no morality, that's one thing you should remember. There's logic to it once you tie it all to the history. This insane man has gone to extraordinary lengths to keep his son clean." She shook her head. Would they be reassured or horrified to know how far?

David and Nicolao watched as she struggled.

"He's taken every precaution that no evidence of Jeremy's involvement could be proven if either of you had a mind to try. Jeremy met Benjamin at a bar, that establishment burned to the ground with the owner inside. Any other associates deemed worthy of a conversation with Benjamin have become statics in the known violence of the Under. The private detective was extremely thorough." Breezy's eyes hardened as she looked at her blond friend. "Don't worry about the police not finding Ben, they won't."

David watched Breezy's mouth move. Ben was gone. He wasn't happy or sad. It was a fact he learned. Uncle Ben was dead. He was twenty years old and he had no living blood relatives.

Nicolao's eyes did not leave David as he spoke to Breezy. "How can you offer us these pay offs from a murderer?"

"Because a murderer is offering to make nice. You never mentioned Jeremy in any police report, so he's giving you a pass. Do you really want to be on this man's enemies list? Take the lunatics benefaction. I'll be here to monitor any change of heart. Plus I don't think this resurrection of Ethan Hale is going to last, crazy don't fall off."

Nicolao turned his attention to her. "You can't stay here. Think about the kids you have to get far away from Jeremy and Ethan."

"No, I don't."

"Saint you don't have to stay here to protect us."

"Evangelista I know, but I will. I'm also going to bank as much cash as I can."

"Breezy, you're a good person; you can't work for a man like that," David offered.

"Why not?"

Nicolao stared, the woman was exasperating.

"Because you're a good person," he asserted.

Breezy's dark eyes saddened, the smile that touched her lips lacked any joy. "No, I'm not. You are, but I'm not. Why do you think I'm always letting the kids come over? So they can know real goodness, not just charlatans like me."

"Saint—"

"No saint, I'm a taker just like Mylonas. The desire for things blinds us to the pain we cause, the death. I have to stay. I have to keep you as my family and safe. I have to tell you to sign the damned papers."

Nicolao searched her face. There was no changing her mind or the truths she had presented. They signed.

Breezy walked them to the door, and offered them a smile, the sincerity of David had never questioned up until that moment.

"Be careful."

"Always Davey, I swear I'm in my element." She hugged him. She no longer felt real, his Breezy was a phantom.

Nicolao pulled her into an embrace that pushed the air from her body. He held her for a long moment and dropped a kiss on her head. "You are a good person. You have to forgive yourself to see it."

Her false smile failed her as they parted.

They existed in a numb fugue after the meeting with Brecia. They had gone to the office with questions and emerged with harsh answers that left them wishing for ignorance.

Nicolao drove them home. He pulled into the driveway mentally reviewing what they had just done.

David got out of the car but did not head towards the house. Instead he walked to the grass in the center of the five bungalows. He surveyed the dwellings as Nicolao made his way towards him. David through his arms out and hollered, he turned to face Nic, but his weakened leg buckled. Nicolao rushed to steady him, confused as to what emotion he was facing. David turned to him sharply, his beautiful dimpled face beaming.

"Ha!" He exclaimed and launched himself on Nicolao's neck, sending them on the soft grass.

Nic landed with an umph and David scrambled to sit on his chest.

"We own it! We own all of it!" He leaned forward, resting his palms on his shoulders.

Nicolao joined in his merriment.

"I thought you'd be upset," Nic said after they managed to reign in their laughter.

David flopped on the grass beside him. "I plan to be later," he paused. "Maybe I won't be I know I should be something other than giddy, but I am. Ethan is Justice and Justice is our friend." He turned on his side and looked at Nic, "He won't hurt us."

"Call me crazy, but I was thinking the same thing." Nicolao rolled onto his side. The man lying next to him really did rival the glory of the sun.

David inched closer to Nic, "Babe we should plant a garden."

"Lirio, don't you know? We already have."

In the light of love and life they kissed bathed in the rays that bring flowers to bloom.

Flower translation:

ROSE-OF-SHARON - Consumed by Love

Flower and Language translation:

Phlox: Souls united

Dog Rose: Pleasure and pain

¿Sabe cómo tu irresistible que eres?: Do you know how irresistible you are?

me cosume: I'm consumed

me estoy ahogando en que: I am drowning in it.

Nunca es demasiado pronto: It is never too soon.

Una y otra vez: again and again...

Paseo me: ride me

cualquier cosa que necesites: anything you need

Dio aiutami: God help me (Italian)