Deconstructing the Nerd Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No pressure," mocked the lifeguard.

The faux music star closed one eye. "Of course. I got this." As she sipped on her citrus cocktail, Reema internally rooted for him. In one motion, he pumped his forearm and propelled the dart into the second-smallest ring on the board.

"BAM!!!" He went right for his beer. "Lucky we didn't bet on that one, Swimsuit Boy!" Reema watched him take a drink and laugh at his friend. She did an internal cheer of her own.

The lifeguard shooed him aside. Reema thought he was cute, too. His short, wavy blonde hair pretty much qualified him to be on the TV show. "Less talk... more action." He executed a respectable throw. The game went on as they continued trading rapid-fire shots at the board, and at each other.

"So...?" Cassie commented on the proceedings.

Reema shook her head as she watched. "So? I'm watching them play."

"Yeah, like that's why you desperately wanted to come over." Cassie clasped her hands, pretending to beg. "'Can we, pleeaaase?'"

"Huh? I didn't even want to talk to them," Reema turned to her friend. "They have to finish playing."

The girls watched for a while. Vanilla Ice was really good. Reema eyed him carefully, noticing more information. He had very becoming features, a significant level of confidence, and an obvious proficiency with bar games. Most of all, he didn't take things too seriously.

As she watched him strut over to take another drink, she decided that his confidence was actually closer to cockiness. Curiously, that quality had historically been a pet peeve to her -- in men especially. He lifted the beer glass to his mouth, pausing to look around. His gaze passed by Reema and Cassie, then circled back to their vicinity. He looked directly at Reema. The girl's skin jumped.

"Hey, it's Kelly Kapowski!" he hollered at her. He walked over and Reema felt her nervous energies double. She maintained a pleasant expression, though. "So we meet again." He nodded at Cassie, as well.

Reema smiled back, her confidence returning. "Seems like it! You're really good at this!"

"It's easy when you're playing against this guy," he pointed to his competitor. He made a gesture opening and closing his fingers, imitating a talking mouth, "...Especially when he does lots of this." Reema laughed.

"Hey! I beat you last round, pal!!" his swimsuit-clad adversary pointed out, much to the pretty girls' amusement.

Sensing an opportunity, Cassie jumped in, "Sounds like you need some help there, Hoff..."

"Oh, he does," Vanilla Ice concurred. The lifeguard accepted this suggestion, then offered one of his own. "How about me and Kapowski versus you and Clueless over there?"

"Works for us," Cassie agreed, making eye contact with the musical Caucasian. Just like that, the one-on-one contest became a team affair. Each girl was handed a dart.

Cassie threw hers first. She drew her hand back and launched the projectile at the board. It landed on the outer rim, scoring a few points for her team. Her partner applauded with an energetic fist-pump. "Your turn," she gamely smiled at Reema.

Reema stood behind the line on the floor and studied her target. The dart wobbled in her hand. She lifted it, and loosely threw it toward the wall. It hit the wooden frame on the edge of the board, then fell to the ground.

"Mm, Reema. Maybe you could... try hitting the board next time?" Cassie teased.

"I did hit it..." she sheepishly answered, uttering the first words that came to mind.

The boys prompted each girl to try again. Cassie confidently took her place, giving an even better throw than the first time. Her dart actually landed near the centre ring.

Baywatch boy approved. "BAM!!! That's how it's done!" He high-fived Cassie and beckoned his white rapper friend. "Your turn, Boy-o!"

Even in her hazy state of mind, Reema felt the pressure. She wanted to make this shot. Cassie was amazing and knowledgeable about everything, so obviously she could throw darts! But Reema didn't want to be shown up here.

"Don't worry about that ass clown. Just do your thing," the star spangled 90s icon told her. "Just concentrate."

Concentrate? That would be a task! Reema steadied herself in front of the board. The dart rolled between her fingers. She fixed her gaze on the target, even as the stripes and circles of the bull's-eye danced uneasily against the wall. She had to focus. On top of her visual struggles, she was also vaguely aware of a hand grazing her hip and wrapping around her thigh. In a clearer state of mind, this might have felt inappropriate, but she was too preoccupied to give it any critical thought.

"Just concentrate," the voice -- Vanilla's voice -- repeated behind her. His large frame was pressing against her. He trailed his fingers down her thigh, resting on her backside. He whispered again, "C'mon." The voice came like an echo. "Just pull your arm back, and throw it... quick and straight."

She nearly managed to do what he said! The dart arced on its way to the wall, then it stuck!

Reema shrieked. "I hit it!!" She turned around and pushed her body into his, hugging him enthusiastically. He felt her heavy chest rub against him as she hopped up and down.

To everyone watching, it seemed like an odd reaction. The dart had only reached the far edge of the board, not even at a straight angle. This excited brown girl -- drunk and wearing a seemingly random assortment of vintage clothing -- was acting like she'd hit the bull's-eye. The Ice Man had no objections, however. He continued to rub her hip and lower waist encouragingly.

As his arm trailed down her and he moved away from the gaming area, he noted in her ear, "It's getting stuffy in here. Wanna get some air?"

Without considering whether the game was technically over, Reema went along with him. She felt his hand directing her body, and felt comforted by it. "Yeah. It did get hot."

Cassie and Baywatch boy were left alone. He eyed the blonde girl intently. "Guess it's just down to us.... for some one-on-one. Right?"

Cassie knew what he had in mind, and it didn't match her plans. Peripherally, she saw Reema walk through an exit with the rapper. "Yeah. No, I'm gonna sit this one out. Have to use the bathroom." She didn't even hear the dejected 'OK' he uttered as she sidestepped the conversation.

Outside the bar, Reema's dark hair fluttered in the air. She leaned against a wall, an excellent facsimile of Vanilla Ice standing before her. Only a few inches separated them.

"A bit of oxygen feels better, yeah?" he asked.

"Much better." Reema was overheating, and found the chill in the air refreshing. Her eyes twinkled as she shifted her legs and looked up at him.

"You look gorgeous, but I don't even know your name," he said.

"It's Reema," she demurely told him.

He took a strand of her hair and played with it. "Well, Reema, I'm glad we met tonight."

"Me too," she said, feeling warmed by his comment. "What's yours?"

"Dirk," he grinned.

Reema giggled to herself. Dirk. That was a funny name. She repeated it in her mind. Dirk. It didn't even sound real.

"What's so funny?"

"Your name..."

"Like Reema is better!"

"Hey, mine means, like... gazelle. What does yours mean, Dirk?" she slurred.

He stepped toward her. There was a flutter in Reema's chest as she took a sharp breath. Dirk didn't look like he was going to give her an answer. They were so close. Her brown pupils widened as she looked at him. She locked onto his cocky expression. Dirk brushed her cheek with his hand. Instinctively, Reema tilted her head up. He wet his lips and slightly parted them. He smelled like beer. Then, he dipped forward.

As he kissed her, he rubbed his hand along her neck and through her silky hair. Reema's eyes closed. She felt him caress the side of her body, then move up her back. She returned the kiss, breathing intensely. Reema's arms weren't very active; she didn't really know what to do with them. She also felt him graze her bifocals, and for a moment wished she could be wearing her new contact lenses. Bumping into her glasses didn't seem to faze Dirk, who just moved away from the wall and pulled Reema toward him. He cradled her lower back with one hand and her shoulder blade with the other.

Reema wasn't so lost in the moment that at least part of her didn't wonder if she was doing anything wrong. Her brain struggled to figure it out. Hampered from drinking, she slowly came up with an answer. If she experienced any guilty feelings or strong negative vibes, that would be a sign she was in a bad situation. As soon as she felt a real pang of conscience, Reema resolved to quit whatever activity she was doing. As it turned out, though, no bad emotions ever surfaced. Periodically, she focused her mind and waited for them. But they never came. So she carried on, guided mainly by her instincts and the carefree momentum of the evening.

After a reflective pause, Reema looked up fondly at the tall, unfamiliar boy she was standing outside with. She felt protected in his arms. He went in for another kiss. When his tongue entered her, Reema felt surprised, but not scared. It spun around hers. She joined in.

Although it was happening on a level she couldn't fully admit, the physical pressure against Reema's breasts -- combined with all the flattery to her ego -- was generating a tremendous excitement inside her. Breaking away for a moment, Dirk suddenly said, "It means dagger, by the way."

Before she could process anything -- either his words, or his kiss -- a blonde figure caught their attention. Cassie rounded the corner, heels clattering as she waved them down.

"There you guys are," Cassie called out, feigning relief. She'd taken note of everything they were up to. She wryly thought that Reema was now engaging in activities the real 'Kelly' would be too conservative for. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just... talking," Dirk replied. He lifted his arm off Reema's back.

"It was hot inside," Reema smiled, her mouth still reliving the sensations of their kiss.

Cassie rubbed her friend's arm. "Jeez, it's cold. If I knew you were outside, I woulda brought your jacket."

"She was okay," Vanilla Ice reassured her. Cassie didn't worry about this guy posing a threat.

She looked at him, then at Reema, who seemed mesmerized by her make out session. "C'mon, let's go in." Dirk was rummaging through his pocket for a cigarette, so he wouldn't be joining them.

As they took leave of Dirk and headed indoors, Reema absentmindedly commented to herself -- loud enough for Cassie to hear, "He was nice..."

"Hey, the night's not over yet! Let's get our 90s back on, OK?"

Reema agreed. They entered the bar and found half of the patrons belting out the chorus to an Ace of Base song. Reema didn't need any prompting to join in. The girls immediately threw up their hands and began chanting the infectious, old school lyrics. It provided a fittingly drunk and clueless end to their night.

As Reema could have predicted, the 'Relaxation Day' that followed started off a bit rough. Fortunately, it wasn't as painful as her last few experiences with hangovers. Another male friend of Cassie's generously dropped off some burgers and chocolate shakes.

"Mmm, junk food. Cures what ails ya," Cassie opined as she took a bite from her Angus beef patty. "No more than twice a week, though. Moderation is your friend."

"I know," Reema agreed, adding a poetic touch of her own, "...as are you."

Cassie indulged a sly smile. "Mm," she agreed, taking another sip of milkshake. "Speaking offf... I found a GroupOn for a day at the spa. It's two-for-one. If I use it for my birthday next weekend, will you come?!!!"

"Really? Me...?"

"Who else, Reem? Getting pampered is funnn... Are you in?" she sang.

"Yeah, but I've never been," Reema admitted.

"All the more reason!" Cassie said. "It's a whole day of getting spoiled rotten -- for free! Who can say no to that... especially on my birthday!"

"Umm, fine," Reema conceded, accepting it was probably the right thing to do.

"Great!" Cassie continued, honestly not expecting any other result. "Here's how the day will go..."

12