Demonic War

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So you are the Sovereign of this region meaning that if someone killed you they would be the Sovereign and possible lead the charge against the impending army."

"SO THE HALF BREED FIGURES HE CAN TAKE OUT ONE OF THE FIRST DEMONS ON THIS PLANET. AT ONLY 21 YEARS OLD HE THINKS HIS INEXPERIENCE CAN RIVAL A 4,000 YEAR OLD DEMON WHO HAS WITNESS ALL THE HISTORIC EVENTS."

"You may have experience on your side against inexperience and youth on my side but I have something you don't."

The other demon chuckled before he enquired. "WHAT'S THAT?"

"A human side." With that Simon disappeared using his teleportation powers to get away though he re-materialised to pick up the demon chain that had the demons blood on must've been from adverse effects from the time bubble. Simon teleported himself and the chain in his hands to one of the chambers as they all had circular mirrors in the each chamber. Although Simon only needed one of those mirrors as he had a plan quite risky and very dangerous but in order to free everyone from being brainwashed he had to do it.

"Great men are forged in fire and it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame." Simon said to an empty room finally getting that quote from the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor. Simon finally understood the poetic notion that the war doctor spoke. In order to become the greatest version of himself he must face the fire that burns within and let it burn itself out leaving his previous self behind and emerging stronger.

Simon knew that the nightmare demon would be running this operation he was the one manipulating the other sovereigns. Simon also knew that they could track him using shadow demons; they would be not that far away. Perhaps they were holding back to try and predict the route that Simon will take, time for the hunter to become the haunted. Simon used the BDSM strap that was in the room to make a temporary harness for the mirror as he was pumping the adapting weapon ability that Batherox had, using up the part of the energy from the shadow realm to create a single gateway into the mirror where Simon could use up the sphere they had for his own purpose. At that moment Simon sensed a group no bigger than 10 shadow demons heading his way cutting off all routes.

Simon armed his shield and pumped the same power through the chain to mould it for his use. He thought primarily on the properties of the Ghost Riders chain as the chain began to shape itself like the chain that Ghost Rider had. As the demon punctured the space around Simon, however Simon was moving slowly so he could be by the wall as the demons were making there entrances into the room, all of them instead of leaping out the wall to make it more efficient they were showboating taking pride in the way they thought they had Simon trapped.

After 4 minutes Simon was finally behind the group of 10 demons as they all revealed that they had tendrils as they launched them towards Simon like a spear. Simon managed to get his shield up as the tendrils passed through the polished surface of the mirror, sending ripples around the mirrors surface. As soon as all the demons tried to pull out of the mirror, there tendrils locked as a vacuum was pulling the demons towards the mirror. Simon thought about speeding it up but he decided to let their pulling to be a factor in their demise. Instead Simon spoke with Slamaria through the mark.

"Slamaria are you ok?" Slamaria's heart skipped a beat at hearing Simons voice even telepathically.

"Yeah I am fine Simon just waiting for the guards to come though they have been doubled due to a disturbance according to the guards, was that you?"

"Yes Slamaria that was me I am coming to get everyone out but I have a revelation for everyone which could turn the tables."

"It'll be good to see you again Simon, with all this and after they separated you and the sovereign from the rest of us, if either of you fall we are all done for."

"I will be there soon I cannot get a lock on you Slamaria though I can speak to you through the mark. I will have to get close without the ability to teleport taking out any resistance as I go."

With the Simon turned his attention to the demons that were slowly moving to his shield he was absorbing them into. Simon decided he had enough of this he needed to get to Slamaria and all the other demon lords before the imposter sovereign. With one mental thought all 10 demons was pulled into the shield as their physical forms were torn to shreds while there powers were being assimilated into the shield itself. This meant that the shield was more like Captain America's shield with the usage as Simon was now certain that the shield would make the return trip back to Simon. The design on the front even changed to resemble Captain America's shield. Simon knew he would need to use other methods of showing the other demon lords what he saw with the imposter sovereign.

Simon took his shield and chain, as he began to sprint down the corridors slowing in the corners in case he ran head first into a patrol of demons who were out looking for him. He arrived at the cell where all the other demon lords and ladies were being held. Simon was surprised that there were only 3 guards, he expected more. Simon threw his shield in Captain America fashion at one of the guards which sliced his head clean off as the body slumped to the ground, the shield imbedded itself in the metal blocking off the cell as the entire door was coated in demon metal which prevents demons from using their powers. This metal is also designed to allow those on the outside of the cell to see the demons within the cell but the prisoners cannot see outside.

The second guard turned around only to see the demon blade coming towards her as Simon impaled her through the skull. The third guard shouted all be it a bit shaky. "Halt or I will kill you." Simon didn't even look up he just evaporated into the shadows. While the guard was looking around for Simon, he didn't notice that there were blade holes appearing in his skin as Simon was penetrating the opposing demons body with his blades, making the holes appear physically while blood was spurting from them more were appearing. This was happening as the shadow and the body are linked so anything happens to the person the shadow shows it and vice versa.

Simon re-emerged from the shadow realm instantly as he searched the body for the key he could hear the other demon lords and ladies, banging on the cell as from their point of view, there was silence followed by something being lodged in the metal on the wall. Simon dislodged his shield from the wall after he opened the door to the cell. Everyone was silent within the cell until they all saw Simon emerge with the shield on his arm they all noticed that after he must've absorbed some demons into the shield it looked identical to the one that Captain America has in the Marvel franchise. No one paid any attention to the severed head Simon was holding, still dripping with blood from where the shield sliced through the bone, skin and tissue.

"Simon what is going on?" Slamaria enquired her anger barely showing through as it was more of a quizzical question.

"Everyone have a look at this." Simon had been pumping his power and the recent memories about the Sovereign through the severed head until it was beginning to glow white. The idea behind this was that Simon could make it look like a looking glass into his memories so that everyone could see what he saw. As Simon threw the head in the air so that it would open like he had planned. The memory clip was just 5 minutes but it showed the sovereign change and admitted that this was all planned that he was working with the opposing side. This revelation shocked everyone. They were all angry but it seemed they were more angry about being used like that not that the sovereign deceived everyone.

"Let's hunt it down!" one of the demon ladies shouted out. Before any of the others managed to get a word in Simon spoke up.

"Go ahead if you want to kill yourself, the demons that follow the nightmare demon posing as the sovereign are out looking for me so we need to take out the demons in order to be free of the nightmare demon." Simon countered his voice calm but the words came sharp. The look on his face was the personification and quite anger. However his voice compelled everyone to allow Simon to be the main authority in that room, even though Simon was the youngest out of all the demons present in the cell.

"What's your plan then Lord Warner?" Simon heard a male say with an American Simon couldn't tell if the demon lord was being sincere or mocking Simon, although the telepathic link with Slamaria was active there was silence on her side.

"Simon, this whole lord and lady titles are too old fashioned for me. This is the beginning of the war that's all they are titles we are all soldiers." Simon replied.

"So what's the plan?"

"We defeat the nightmare demon and fight alongside humanity to protect everyone on this planet, humans and demons alike." Simon said in response to the same demon who asked the original question.

"That's your plan an alliance?" Lady McTaggart spoke up as she was the only one brave enough to speak up against this young demon lord.

"Yes the ultimate alliance but first hear is the plan for everyone so we can beat the nightmare demon and end this so we can begin to build the alliance." Simon said as he began to say his plan to every demon present in the cell.

Meanwhile in the main hall with the nightmare demon

"REPORT ON THE PRISONERS." The nightmare demon said revealing his booming voice that even with the extremist demons on its side. The hairs on the back of their necks stood on ends, while their stomachs were filled with dread just by hearing the voice. The voice of fear.

"Nothing has changed, they are still in the cell...I think." One of the lackey's said to the nightmare demon surveying everything planning on taking demon kind and starting the extermination of the human race.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU THINK?"

"There was movement about a hour ago the camera picked up a minute amount of movement but then it malfunctioned."

"SIMON" the nightmare demon cursed.

"What do you think he will do?"

"I DON'T KNOW."

"Shall I raise the alarm."

"YES!" the lackey started typing the command in the wall terminal in order to raise the alarm. It didn't work someone had hacked the system.

"It didn't work the alarms offline."

"WHAT IS HE UP TO." The nightmare demon muttered to himself.

"The security systems are going offline and the last images are empty corridors. We cannot track the progress of the one who got away."

"HE IS COMING HERE, THE FINAL STANDDDD!" that last word was screeched out as something cannoned into the nightmare demons back, from the wall. This act detached some of the nightmare demons body which shot off spearing all the demons in the room. The thing that cannoned into the back of the nightmare demon was Simon.

15 minutes ago back in the cell, with Slamaria, Simon and Harmony

Everyone else had gone to implement Simon's plan leaving Simon, Slamaria and a new demoness called Harmony who was being held in the cell because she went against the sovereign. Harmony had even taken out the imperial guards that the sovereign had. While she was killing them to try and warn someone of the plan that the nightmare demon had, Harmony had absorbed the memories and power sphere of all the imperial guard merging the sphere with her own. With each absorption she gained a new ability of whatever or whoever she absorbed, while Simon was writing a clever computer virus to wipe out the feeds to every camera as well as release the all the safeguards in the defence arrays in the courts.

Slamaria asked Harmony what she was doing before the nightmare demon caught her. "I was trying to send a message out to anyone who would listen; before I got caught I was a teacher within the courts. Teaching newly born demons how to use their powers."

"How did you go from teaching new demons to being a prisoner?" Simons voice echoed into the cell from outside where the tablet was. Well it was a tablet when Simon ripped it from the wall as the tablets are fitted to the wall for the terminals. Simon realised that the battery in the iPad's was tampered with demon technology making the battery life longer as all the iPads never left 100%.

"I found a new important use for my life. After I saw your demonstration in the arena against the mercenary demon at the last court, I tried to reach out but the nightmare demon cottoned on sent the imperial guard after me. Then I found out the plan about turning all the demon & demoness of influence into mindless slaves." Harmony revealed.

"Done it." Simon said in triumph as he successfully wrote the computer virus sending it throughout the court.

All three of them ran to the cell that Simon was in no one was going to check it as it would be the last place they would check for Simon. This was part of Simons plan as while he unleashed part of his anger on the two he destroyed, there remains were still in the cell. Simon exerted too much power which forced the path to the shadow realm wide open however it was only accessible by Simon as he locked that portal to his own biological signature.

"Here it is the portal now I can catapult myself through here and get enough momentum to make it into the nightmare demons body. Destroying him in the process, from the inside." Simon revealed his plan to Slamaria and Harmony.

"Hear Harmony take this use it to get the message out that you wanted to keep everyone informed." Simon said as he passed the iPad to Harmony so she could let every army know what was going on. Slamaria didn't say anything as Simon was backing up with his wings fully out ready to launch himself into the portal. This sudden charge into a open portal should theoretically close the portal for good creating a vacuum that propels Simon towards the nightmare demon.

"GERONIMO!!" Simon shouted as he used the wall to propel himself into the portal, his plan worked as soon as Simon was inside the shadow realm the portal was forced to implode, snapping itself shut. The sudden implosion gave Simon the momentum he wanted, upon getting this shockwave that he could ride Simon retracted his wings back into himself. Placing his shield in front of him, so when he made contact with the nightmare demon he could force his way in doing what he had with the symbiote rescuing Caty and what he had done with the demon inhabiting Jess's body.

Inside the nightmare demon after Simons plan had worked

"YOU FOOL SIMON. YOUR IN MY DOMAIN NOW, LET ME SHOW YOU MY TRUE POWER." The nightmare demon laughed taunting Simon. As Simon felt a tug in his mind, this must've been the nightmare demons power to weaponize the fears that the individual has and use it against them.

However the nightmare demon made an exception for Simon since his mind was filled with the dream he would normally weaponise however based on Simons emotions when he has the same dream it doesn't fill him with fear as such but with a way to redirect that fear into hatred. So the nightmare demon was going try something new. As the nightmare began to take form around Simon noticed a battlefield take form. Simon had a feeling of what was going to happen based on the surroundings.

After a few seconds the surroundings were made Simon heard a voice that he hasn't heard since he was 16 years old. The voice of the person who is supposed to be his father, all Simon could hear was the voice mocking him telling him the things that he would tell Simon while he would sexually abuse him. Simon knew that the nightmare demon was trying to get Simon to have a flashback so it could kill Simon. Out of nowhere an arrow came out of nowhere heading towards Simon as the nightmare demons plot had worked Simon was looking down while he was having a flashback. But just then his conscious mind kicked in and out of thin air a green arrow appeared knocking the dark arrow away. Simon turned around only to see green arrow stood there holding his bow showing Simon that he knocked the other arrow away from him.

A castle appeared after that little ordeal the castle was covered with dark clouds while the nightmare demon was creating its army as the ground shook as the draw bridge to the castle was opening revealing the nightmare demons self-image. Along with the army it had crafted to battle Simon.

"WE NEED AN ARMY." Oliver Queen or as he is otherwise known as Green Arrow, shouted over the noise of the draw bridge settling on the ground and the marching of the approaching army.

"On it." Simon retorted as he began to creating his own army though it was going to be hard to create the army he needed to fight the nightmare demon. However it was going to take a couple of seconds longer to make the army he was making to be immune to dying as his team needed to win so Simon was going to stack the deck in his favour. Speaking of decks Simon gave him the deck he used when he played Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds over the nexus along with the duel disk that he remembers in the original Yu-Gi-Oh series, these appeared on his arm and the deck was already in the holder of the duel disk.

As the enemies drew nearer Green Arrow loaded up ready to shoot when 10 enemies charged at Simon and Green Arrow when suddenly the enemies whom were charging at the duo got destroyed by lighting as Simon finally finished creating his first member in his army which was Thor wearing the armour that he wore in Avengers Assemble. Thor landed next to Simon. Simon managed to create his army consisting of heroes from DC, Marvel, Dragonball Z and Doctor Who as Simon created a army of Daleks and new Cybermen that can upgrade in battle. As both armies were prepared for the impending battle, Simon and the nightmare demon stepped forward as Simon donned the duel disk with the deck. The nightmare demon decided to play Simon against his own games creating his own duel disk and deck. This was so that they could have a duel the stakes being that the person who hits o Life Points from 80000 Life Points would lose all that energy that the other one could kill the other and the army of the loser will not be able to hold the opposing team back and since the armies are linked to the one who created the army's life energy.

Both Simon and the nightmare demon took to the air on floating platforms around them, this means that they were out of the way of the fight. "Let's Duel" both Simon and the nightmare demon shouted in unison as the duel for survival began. At this both armies began their battle.

Back in reality

Slamaria, Harmony and the other demons lords and ladies had rid all the opposing demons out of the court. This means that the only demons in the court were the demon lords and ladies that were the prisoners that were freed. Harmony made all the calls to the demon armies that the lords and ladies have. They were all gathered in the main court area where the nightmare demons body was turned to stone, even the blades that pierced the guards in the room were stone. Even the stone didn't end there as it spread to the bodies of the guards that were pierced.

Obviously the effort of Simon paying off in some way, Slamaria had fetched the orb that Simon used to show them the memory about the sovereign. Afterward the memory ended the orb went back to being an orb, that no one touched. Slamaria knew thanks to the mark that Simon left residual power in the orb, enough power that when it would react to Slamaria's power it would show the battle inside the nightmare demons body.

As Slamaria let her power react with the residual of Simons energy left in the orb. Slamaria knew why she chose Simon as a partner in her long life. That is because he was kind especially since Slamaria knew what traumatic experiences that Simon has been through, due to the mark that they shared also the fact that Simon trusts Slamaria. As ridiculous that sounds to anyone else Slamaria knew that Simon trusts her with his life although, what was even more ridiculous was that Slamaria trusted Simon with her life. To both of them this wasn't ridiculous, to them love isn't a emotion it is a promise. Slamaria could feel Simons fear and she knew one thing, one thing driving her at this moment and that was to restore hope to Simon.