All Comments on 'Derelict 0006'

by AwkwardMD

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
LaRascasseLaRascasseabout 6 years ago
Loved it all over again

Beautiful. I remember reading it the first time and am once again captured by the story of tragedy and loss and the ambiguous ending.

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 6 years ago
great story

I do not remember reading this story, but it leaves so many questions unanswered like did she pull the trigger, was that indeed her Heaven, what happened afterwards and is there going to be a pt 2?

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsabout 6 years ago
I remember reading this before.

Just as good now as then. But as one commenter said, so many unanswered questions. I hope you will follow up with a part 2.

Thank you for sharing your words with us.

DJ

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 6 years ago
I liked it very much.

Very powerful story. Thanks.

BeneTleilaxBeneTleilaxabout 6 years ago
Very good

You are great at storytelling, so this was fun to read. But this story needs a 2nd chapter; the Colonel's comment at the end was just too weird.

And I have to wonder what Alise really was - an avatar of the ship trying to summon help? A specimen collection device? A first-contact program?

Motomo freaking out so violently towards the end felt a bit forced. I suppose she's a soldier, not an explorer, and the unknown frightens her out more than that it fascinates her, but still, her becoming that hostile towards her old gf was a bit sudden.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 6 years agoAuthor
To All:

First of all, thank you for all the lovely comments. Especially any that were from repeat readers.

Second of all, this is the end of this particular story. There will be no further adventures for Hitomi and Alise. This is what I like to call a Schroedinger ending. It is correct to believe that either A) Hitomi was unable to pull the trigger on Alise, and that thry lived out their days exploring more of the Derelict, or B) Hitomi did pull the trigger and then pulled it once more on herself because, as she said, she would not be able to live with herself after that. There is no canonical ending beyond what I wrote here, so the reader is free to interpret it any way that they want.

Third, there could be a prequel. Derelict 0002 is sketched out and outlined, but unwritten. Chances are that it will stay that way not because it is in any way lacking but because I just have better ideas in other stories. That could change at any minute.

Fourth, this story was written as an exploration of limits. I set up Hitomi to be strong but with an achilles heel. As a Marine, her training is to act and be decive without processing. That's why the first sex scene is so sudden. Hitomi isn't processing what is happening. See, act. See, act. They fall into familiar patterns of behavior without paying the cost of the twenty year gap in between. It's not until the oddities and abnormalities of the ship start to pile up that we break through Hitomi's military conditioning.

It isn't real. It really isn't. But how close does one have to get to 'real' before we were just accept it as real in order to have the thing we want most in the world?

AnonymousWriter244AnonymousWriter244about 6 years ago
Open Ending, nice touch.

Most Science Fiction works are like this (This piece made me remember the Silver Age of Science Fiction). I really enjoyed this work, it felt as if I was reading something in the lines of "Sphere" from Michael Crichton's book. Your open ending was a masterwork. I could have read it without the sex scenes and find it a delight for the mind. Good job.

lexlocilexlocialmost 6 years ago

An excellent Sci-fi story, leaving us with more questions than we started with as any good mystery should. Excellently crafted and well worked in sexual content. A worthy read for anyone looking for that extra level to their erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Twilight zone on roids

There is a saying or a curse "may you live in interesting times". You my friend are living in a interesting mind. It is probably a curse at times, but i bet it's not borring.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Oh By The Way

I have, over the years, collected a lot of art (for this story and others). Be sure to check http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1496319 to see these characters and more!

Gamera2000Gamera2000over 4 years ago
A fascinating science fiction story

A moving and quite powerful science fiction story. I loved the ambiguity of it and I think any sequel would lose that quality. If this reminds me of anything it is the great Stanislaw Lem novel Solaris and the Tarkovsky film version were the main characters dead wife is recreated from his memories.. My thought is that the ship is like that novel's living planet, trying to understand and communicate with it's human visitor by re-creating something important from it's visitors memories.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

This was truly out of space, twilight, a smooth transition from one to the other sphere and this in a exyraordinary tale ..l... Pure excitement ...... Fabulous ...... 26 hours

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀ten spaceships

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I couldn't rate this.

I refuse to accept either "possible" ending as meaningful.

Perhaps a little too "Rama" for me, after all these years...

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Love the depth of the story, the build-up. Hated the ending but it seems kinda fitting to the story flow and the author's way of writing thus far so minimal complaints from me.

LilkahunaLilkahuna3 months ago

Rod Serling would be proud.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardMD@AwkwardMD
Just pressed submit on my latest collaboration with Omenainen! It'll be up on our shared account (link below) hopefully in the next few days. I'm really excited about this one. It's short and sweet (and sweaty) and it came together in a flash. Can't wait to get it out to y...