Diane and the Copper

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well she couldn't just hang around waiting to see if you would talk to her, could she? You would only talk to her briefly, much to her disappointment. However there was always some lad who would try chatting her up. I got lucky only because I was with Diane. Story of my life, getting the cast offs!" I turned the conversation back to Terry.

"Are you sure he is cheating?"

"Positive. I know Harry, the governor at the 'Bell'. According to him Terry's in there two or three times a week, always with some tart or other. The silly bastard does little to cover his tracks; he's so arrogant that he believes that his shit doesn't smell. I wouldn't be surprised if Harry doesn't have them snogging on CCTV tape." Jacky always did have a way with words, usually coarse. I nodded.

The reason I was asking was not to gather evidence for Diane. In the UK, under a government that relegated the married state to a minor inconvenience, divorce was easy. You ask for one, and you get it. You don't even have to go to a Solicitor; you can fill in all the forms on-line. All I wanted was confirmation that Terry was cheating. Now I knew that I wouldn't be helping to break a marriage. It would appear that Terry had done that already. Jacky was set to play Cupid.

"Shall I get Diane here one day, and then you can surprise her. She will be so happy to see you."

"Too late, Jacky. I had lunch with Diane yesterday." Jacky punched me on the arm.

"You bastard!" She was grinning as she called me names. "So you know all about it already?" I shook my head.

"Diane mentioned it, but I needed a bit more background. You have given me that. I agree with you though. There is something else that she is holding back. I mentioned divorce as a solution. Under the circumstances she should divorce him, but she prevaricated and said that there were other considerations." Jacky nodded.

"Yes that's the impression I got." My copper's hat was on. What hold did Terry have over Diane that would prevent her divorcing him? His infidelity would appear to be blatant, so what was stopping her?

I arrived at the Nick on the Saturday starting at three p.m., the late shift. The notice board in the Locker room was plastered with 'post it' notes congratulating Inspector Anderson on 'pulling'. Most of them were amusing, some quite witty but suggestive. There were a couple on my desk as well. One told me that good looking women were the cause of many R.T.A.'s and nine month accidents as well. The other was from my Superintendent. 'See me, please."

He called "Come in" to my knock. He grinned at me as I came in.

"From all the gossip, Andy. You haven't wasted any time." I smiled with him.

"Just an old friend, John."

"From what has been said, not so old a friend. Is there anything happening?"

"Yes, John, I suspect there will be. But there is a little matter of Divorce first."

"Ah! You're not the cause?"

"No. Her husband has been playing around for years it would appear." He nodded. Divorce and extra-marital relationships were not unknown amongst police and were not reason for censure, unless the relationship brings the Force into disrepute."

"You had better give me her name, just in case." He got his notepad and pen.

"It's Diane Bowden." He looked up.

"Bowden?"

"Yes." The worry lines creased his forehead.

"I am sure that Bob was talking about a Bowden the other day. Hang on." He picked up the phone and dialled an internal number.

"Bob. You were talking about a guy named Bowden. What was his name?" He listened then looked up at me. "Does Terry ring a bell?" I nodded.

"That's her husband's name."

"Bob, could you spare us a minute. Ok." He put the phone down.

"Andy. Terry Bowden is logged as a person of interest." A person of interest is one who is suspected of criminal activity but for the moment without evidence.

There was a knock on the door and Detective Inspector Bob Parrathwaite came in. He looked at me and grinned.

"Rogue. Who is she?" John answered for me.

"Diane Bowden." That took the grin off Bob's face. At John's invitation he sat down and explained. The C.I.D. had been investigating a racket in stolen cars and log books. The stolen cars would be given a re-spray, new licence plates and the V.I.N (vehicle identification number stamped into the car's frame) would be changed. Terry Bowden had a second hand car site in Erdington, and was possibly being used as an outlet for these 'ringed' cars. He showed me a photograph taken covertly. I recognised him even with the fifteen years since last I had seen him.

"We have no evidence as yet, Andy, every car on his site is kosher, but he has been seen in the company of the guy we suspect is behind the racket on more than one occasion. I am pretty sure he has been shifting some of them without the cars ever getting onto the forecourt."

"Do you think that Mrs. Bowden is aware of this?" Asked John.

"I would be very surprised if she was. From our conversations she knows very little about what her husband does." Bob agreed with me.

"I doubt that Mr. Bowden would talk about it. The people who he seems to be dealing with are very keen on security and not opposed to violence if required. I would imagine that they have let Terry know what would happen to him if he has a loose-mouth." John summed up the meeting.

"Andy, your personal life is yours, and given that you have known Mrs. Bowden for many years it would seem strange if you stopped seeing her now. Obviously what you have learnt today is privileged. You know you cannot discuss this with your lady friend. Of course if she were to let slip anything that would help Bob in his enquiries? Well you know your duty." If Diane did say anything of that nature I would have to tell Bob. I would feel like a complete shit of course. But I was certain it wouldn't come to that. Diane knew nothing about her husband's activities. Now was that reason or emotion? I gave John and Bob my assurances and we went about the business of keeping the streets free of crime.

The shift should finish at eleven that evening, but given that it was a Saturday evening and the pubs and clubs would turn out at any time from eleven thirty until two in the morning, the late shift was kept on even as the night shift signed in. That gave us plenty of plods on the ground for the fun and games. The Inspector of the night shift, Gavin Heally and I discussed how best to deploy our officers and we went out to face the battle. It so happened that I was outside the Bell when Terry Bowden came out amongst the usual crowd of boisterous youngsters. He was with a young girl, I doubt that she was much over eighteen and he was so busy viewing the terrain revealed by her almost completely unbuttoned blouse that he didn't see me. He probably wouldn't have recognised me anyway. We never had that much contact when we were young and people don't recognise Copper's faces, they only see the uniform. With the Cap and the high-visibility vest I was just another plod to him. There was a line of mini-cabs waiting for the revellers. They are not licensed to ply for hire, but must be booked in advance. However at this time of night the police were not too bothered about that little technicality. From our point of view it was better that way than having over the limit drivers causing mayhem with their cars. Terry and this young girl got into one and as it drove away I could see that his hand was already inside her blouse possessing the terrain that he had surveyed just a moment ago. That settled it for me. Now I had no scruples about pursuing a relationship with Diane. There was a dichotomy here, on one hand she said she wanted a deeper relationship, and then on the other there was her hesitation about divorcing Terry. Was she obliquely asking for my help in some way?

CHAPTER FOUR

Jacky came up trumps with photographs taken off the tapes that the Bell had kept. There was even one of Terry with the girl I saw him with that Saturday night. The next time Diane called I suggested that we meet at Jacqui ' R's. I was certain that Jacky would be happy to add her two penny's worth about Terry. Diane was sitting down drinking coffee with Jacky when I arrived. Jacky called Tom for another coffee and I bent over and gave Diane a kiss on the lips. She was delighted but still had a question on her face. Jacky was also delighted.

"About bloody time too. Now get a room, get naked and get dirty for Heaven's sake!" Was her comment. I reassured Diane.

"It's ok. You will understand in a minute." Jacky had gone behind the bar, and came back with an envelope. She took out the photos and laid them on the table in front of Diane. It doesn't matter how you feel about your partner, evidence of their cheating will still sadden you and I could see the tears in her eyes as she looked through the pictures.

"Bastard!" I pointed to the one that showed him with the girl on Saturday night.

"I was on duty on Saturday evening and I saw him come out of the Bell with her. I am sorry Diane, but his intentions for her were very plain. She nodded, the tears glistening on her cheeks. I wiped them away with my fingers.

"He didn't come home at all Saturday night. " Diane looked at Jacky.

"Can I keep these?" Jacky nodded.

"No problem, I can get more if your solicitor needs them." Diane went quiet. Jacky pressed her. "You are going to see a solicitor, aren't you?" Diane looked at me then at Jacky.

"I'll have to give it some thought."

"What?" Jacky almost exploded. "Just some thought? Diane he is rubbing your face in the shit. He is banging any tart that takes his fancy. What the hell is holding you back?" I could see that Diane was very uncomfortable. I took her hand.

"Diane. Let's go and have some tea and a quiet talk."

I had bought a flat shortly after moving back to Sutton. The building had used to be a Bank built in Edwardian times and had been converted into four large luxury apartments. They were on the market at a high price and none had sold. As an Inspector I was earning a good salary, the Police paid well as they didn't want their officers to have money troubles; a policeman with economic problems could be susceptible to bribery. I was able to bargain with the developer and got a substantial reduction in the price, add to that as a police officer I had access to very low rates on a Mortgage.

Diane wandered around the flat as I made tea. She came and joined me in the kitchen just as the kettle boiled.

"Pug it's a lovely flat, so spacious. But it appears as if no one lives here. No pictures, no ornaments, just basics. Have you nothing to show for your life? No fond memories?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Come on Diane. I have been here less than four months. I haven't really had a chance to go out and get that stuff."

"You don't buy that stuff as you put it. It's what you collect as you go through life. I mean the little ornaments that you bring back from holidays, the little gifts, and pictures of your family. All the bits and pieces that remind you of your life. That's what I was talking about." It had never occurred to me before. I looked around; there was nothing to remind me of any good times or family. I shook my head. There was nothing to say I was anything but a Copper. Diane came and put her arms around me.

"You are in some ways in a worse position than me. Oh Pug! What has life done to us?"

After a moment of commiserating with each other we sat down to drink the tea. At least I had furniture if nothing else.

"Why did you have your hair cut short?" I questioned.

"Don't you like it?" She said, raising her hand to fluff at the side.

"That wasn't the question. Do you like it short?"

"Why, would you like to see it longer?" It amused me that Diane like most women seemed to answer a question with another.

"Diane. It's a simple question. Why did you have your hair cut short?" I smiled as I asked, letting her know that there was no anger in the question

"Terry wanted it. He said my long hair made me look old." I shook my head.

"Did you want to cut your hair?"

"Not especially. Shall I grow it back?"

"Do you want to grow it back?" I emphasised the word 'you'.

"Would you like it?"

"No. It's not about if I would like it. It's what you want." Finally she actually answered.

"I would."

"Good. Then do it." She seemed happy that the question had been resolved.

"Was that interrogation necessary?"

"Yes it was. You have decided to do something that you want. It makes a statement. You're taking your life back into your own hands."

"Ok I will ask the questions now." She was smiling. "Will you like my hair longer?"

"Yes."

"Good, in that case I am happy to let it grow." She grinned. "But I will because it's what I want, and not just because it will please you. Even though you have become so masterful." She commented dryly. I laughed and Diane joined in the laughter. We relaxed then, drinking tea and reminiscing about the things we had done when younger and the friends we had known.

Just then the phone warbled. I got up to answer; it was bound to be the station. The phone was in the kitchen. As I picked it up, Diane motioned that she was going to the bathroom. I tried to get off the phone reasonably quickly. The call was from another Inspector on late shift. He wanted to adjust the roster for personal reasons, and asked if I would change to accommodate him. I eventually agreed just to get rid of the man.

As the apartment had been converted from old offices, the layout was not as straightforward as purpose built flats would be. I couldn't see the door to the bathroom from the kitchen, so didn't know if Diane had returned to the lounge or not. I looked into the lounge and she wasn't there. I wandered round the corner to the bathroom, the door was open and her stiletto's lay at odd angles on the carpeted floor as if they had been kicked off carelessly. Just three feet away down the corridor was her skirt, two feet from that was her blouse, and then her brassiere. I followed the trail towards my bedroom picking up the garments as I did so. I held them to my nose inhaling the fragrance of this lovely woman. The door was open slightly and hanging on the door knob was a scrap of skimpy lace, which women wear instead of panties. I pushed the door open and entered the bedroom. Diane was in my bed, the covers pulled up so that just her face was showing and the mischievous gleam in her eyes. She smiled.

"I feel quite at home in your bed, Pug. It is so comfortable that I am only wearing a garter belt and stockings. It feels very sexy, but something, or rather someone, is missing. You! So why don't you take your clothes off as well and join me?" I found it hard to say anything, eventually getting out just two words.

"Diane! I..." She interrupted me.

"I know what you are going to say. I'm married. We both know that is in name only. Pug for God's sake. Forget the scruples. That was when we were young. Now is now and life hasn't been kind to either of us. It took a lot of courage for me to do this but just for a moment, just for an hour or two, can we not ease each other's loneliness?" She started to push the sheet down, and gradually her perfect breasts came into view. And they were perfect, wonderfully curved, sitting pertly on her chest with two hard nipples begging to be kissed and sucked. "I wanted to show you my breasts; there they are do you like them? Now I want to show you all of me." The sheet was pushed down even further. Her stomach was very gently rounded, her navel winking naughtily at me. Then the Garter belt came into view stretched taut from hip to hip. "Do I show you more, Pug? Do I show you my little lady who is already wet for you? Or will you turn away and leave me to cry a little before I get dressed again?" What little remained of my conscience lost the battle. All those years when I didn't dare ask her out, begged me to enjoy this moment. My head was scrambled as my little head urged me forward. I started to take my clothes off. Diane watched me eagerly with a smile. As my boxers dropped to the floor she threw back the cover and opened her arms to welcome me.

"Don't wait." She murmured. "I am so wet, take me now. We have time for everything else later." Her legs parted and as I covered her she took me in hand and guided me into her warm welcoming depths. She cried as we joined. "Oh God at last."

One of the very best things about making love is not the act itself, delightful and all-consuming as that may be, but laying in the aftermath, holding each other close, thighs and bellies slick with conjoined essences, kissing and talking. Truths will be spoken at that time; Diane and I were no exception.

"That, Diane was a turning point in my life." I could feel her nodding, her head tucked into the hollow between my shoulder and chest. "Getting into bed with you was overwhelming, there was more emotion going through my head than I think my brain could cope with. How my body managed I do not know."

"It is the same for me. I have waited so long for this." She moved slightly her hand coming over my body to clasp my hip. "But your body coped very, very well. I've still got tingles where I have never had tingles before." She kissed my chest. Then flicked her tongue across my nipple. "I'm sorry Dear Pug, but I am not going to let you go. When I can sort this mess out, will I be welcome here?

"Do you have to ask?" She raised her head looking upwards at me.

"Yes. I should ask. This isn't sudden for me. I have known how I feel about you for years. Back then it wasn't done for a girl to chase a boy. I tried to let you know how I felt about you, so that you would ask me out, but you wouldn't go against the accepted code of conduct or were too shy to ask. You got those photos to convince yourself as much as me." I had to agree, she was right. "It's different now. Young girls chat up the boys they fancy. I acted like a slut, but I don't care because now I am in bed with the man I always wanted. Who has just made love to me beautifully."

"You are right Diane. I did need confirmation that he was cheating. It was only then that I could admit my feelings for you. You need to know though, that I am not here for just a moment, or for a year or so. For me this is always." I paused. "And you don't have to wait until you are divorced. " She smiled serenely raising her lips for my kiss.

"I know Darling. The moment I got into your bed I knew that I was home, there was this lovely scent of you, this was where I had to be, this was my place." Her hand moved and found my penis. It quickly reacted to her hand. "Oh! Interested again? That's good because I need more of you. I have a great deal of making up to do." We took our time, exploring with eyes, fingers and tongues, enjoying a surfeit of the senses. Diane murmured to me as we made love.

"Feeling you inside me, moving so gently yet so powerfully is a dream come true. I have fantasised about this for years. The reality, though is so much better than the dream."

"I know. I have done the same, never thinking for a moment that it could come true." We joined each other in cries of passion. Later I worshipped in the shrine at the juncture of her thighs, sipping greedily of her effusions. Her cries of delight spurred me. She in turn took my erection in her hand and mouth, slowly drawing me to that moment the French call 'La Petit Mort'. She raised her head smiling, my spending glistening on her lips and cheeks.

"I was never keen on doing that, but I loved having you in my mouth. I shall have to practice often, Pug. So be prepared."

We got up about six o' clock, thirsty, hungry and well satisfied. Diane found one of my uniform shirts in the linen basket and put it on wandering into the kitchen as she fastened just two buttons. It had never looked so good before. Above and below those buttons her beautiful form was revealed for anytime I cared to look. I looked a lot.