Diavolo Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She stepped aside, wringing her fingers as he gripped his crutches and hobbled forward toward the chair.

She watched him grimace a bit as he settled himself on the white plastic and handed her the cumbersome crutches. Once settled, he looked toward one of the shelves in the corner.

She gripped the showerhead, handed it to him, and then retrieved a bar of soap and a washcloth.

Her mouth literally watered as he lathered himself. Realizing she was staring inappropriately, she turned to gather a large towel and fold it neatly on the counter next to the sink.

"First time you see a naked man?"

She jumped at his voice. Leaning closer to the mirror to smooth her hair back, she replied, "of course."

"Did you ever kiss Daniel?"

Abigail turned with a frown. "Gabriel, those are private matters."

He frowned right back, but winced when he lifted his right arm to soap under it.

"You can ask me anything, you know," he said after a while.

"Do you remember your mother?"

He stiffened, a mere second, but kept right on lathering himself. "Vaguely, but yeah. I remember she liked to play the piano, and she had the voice of an angel."

Abigail sighed, wondering about the events that lead to the deaths of three people, leaving a toddler practically orphaned.

"I remember pieces of that night when Brendan Brinks shot her."

Abigail stared at him aghast.

"I think it was my birthday. Mother came into my room to tuck me in, but Brendan followed her. He was screaming at her, hit her and they began to struggle."

His gaze was faraway, lost.

"The bang was so loud. It's what I remember the most...that boom. Made my ears ring."

"Honey, you shouldn't think about that," she told him approaching slowly.

He turned to her, held out the soap. "Would you do my back?"

Such a simple, innocent question. Her belly tightened and something clenched low, making her shiver.

His cock had gone down, resting docilely between his strong thighs.

She took the soapy washcloth and circled behind him.

"We should've put your hair up," she commented, running the cloth between his shoulder blades.

He snorted, "Like one of the frilly, flowery plastic things my grandmother uses? Geez, baby. You trying to emasculate me?"

She rolled her eyes and pulled her hair free from the tie she used to keep her bun in place. Gathering the thick strands of his hair, she pulled it up and tied it securely.

"There. Now it won't get soaked."

Gabriel touched his hair and chuckled. "Abs, shit. I must look like a total ass."

She slapped at his hands when he tried to pull the hair tie off.

"Behave."

"I should just wash my hair again," he argued.

"It's late, and you were barely able to keep your eyes open out there."

He grunted.

She continued to scrub his back and shoulders, briefly looking sown to the twin swells of his backside resting on the chair.

Sitting, he came to her chin. He was so very tall. If she stood in front, his mouth would align with her breasts.

"What?" he asked in a low voice.

She frowned at the back of his head.

He turned a bit to look at her. "I felt you shiver."

Her face grew hot. "I'm all done here. Give me the showerhead."

He stared at her a moment before sighing and passing back the showerhead.

Once he was done with the rest of himself, Abigail turned off the water and handed him the towel. Once he patted himself dry, Abigail helping him once more with his back because lifting his arms gave him pain. He stood and she averted her gaze when he dried his backside.

Abigail handed him his crutches afterward.

He went back to the sink and leaned against it hand coming up to release the thick bun she'd tied at the nape of his neck. Behind the door was a black terrycloth robe she helped him into before helping him brush his slightly damp hair.

By the time they made their way back out into the living room, everyone was gone. The house had been locked up and someone had started a fire in the fireplace as well as pulled Gabe's temporary bed in front of it.

"Nice," Gabriel said, pitching his voice deeper.

He neared the bed and handed Abigail his crutches. Balancing carefully on his left leg, she gaped when he let the robe drop and then lowered himself carefully.

"Ah," he sighed. "Feel like a million bucks." Pulling up the sheets to drape casually over his groin, he smiled up at her. "Thank you, baby. For the food and helping me shower." He patted the bed. "Come."

"What?"

"You wanted to sleep with me last night. You were too drunk and I didn't want to. Not like that. But now you're okay, so, come. Lie with me."

She shook her head. "But, Gabriel, You're naked."

He rolled his eyes. "Abby, I already told you, I can't do anything, so stop harassing me for sex."

She gasped in outrage and he began to laugh.

"Come on, Abs. You promised. Just one night at least. Please?"

He batted his lashes at her and she weakened.

"Okay, but I need to shower first."

"Geez, Poptart, you should've just showered with me. We need to conserve water, help the planet and shit.

She rolled her eyes at him before turning on her heel to head downstairs.

"Wear something obscenely sexy," he called out. "And burn that damned dress. Hate it."

She snorted her reply. He was such a brat.

*******

Her shower was quick, and she pulled on a long baby-blue nightgown she had that had a high neck with pearly buttons and a ruffled hem. She could see the outline of her nipples through the thin material and the shadow of her white cotton panties, but she didn't own anything more discreet.

Braiding her hair and brushing her teeth, she made her way warily to the main floor.

Loud snoring greeted her ascent. She breathed out a sigh of relief and ignored the prickle of disappointment as she turned out the lights in the kitchen.

Now, only the glow from the fire illuminated the living room.

Gabriel still lay on his back, the white sheet covering him from the waist down. His dark hair spilled around his head, a stark contrast to the sheets. His skin was darker than hers, made golden by the firelight.

She stared at his lips, parted and showing a hint of his teeth. A grin curved her lips when another snore passed those delectable lips.

Her heart clenched at the sight of him and her eyes misted. He was hers. It was still so shocking to her. This past month she'd felt closer to him. Of course she didn't like that he'd tricked her into living in his house, but she'd forgiven him for that, never one to hold a grudge.

Carefully, she crawled into bed beside him. Her nerves started up again. She'd never slept with a man. She'd never done anything with a man. Now Gabriel had been the first to kiss her, the first to awaken her feminine desires, and the first to show her the beauty of the male form...and-God-he was beautiful.

*******

Pleasure and pain. That's what was rousing him from his peaceful slumber. His ribs ached, pressure. The source? The press of exquisite feminine breasts to his side, a delicate arm clutching at him. Taut flesh filled his hand as he squeeze. The tight little ass wiggled a bit, getting closer.

He opened his eyes just as Abigail's leg rose a bit and rubbed his cock.

His entire body jerked at the contact. Now he was fully awake, looking down at her sleeping form pressed against him. She was sleeping on his arm, the arm he had curled around her, hand slipped inside her little cotton underwear gripping an ass cheek.

Shit.

She wiggled again, pressing her pussy against his thigh. If he didn't know any better, he'd say she was having a wet dream and getting off on his leg. Christ. If he could only roll over and let her rub his dick that way.

She sighed, her breath warming his nipple. She was killing him.

Carefully sliding his hand from inside her panties before she woke and accused him of groping her in her sleep, he slid away from her. She muttered something, more of a whine than anything else, but continued to sleep.

Gabriel struggled to his feet and stared balefully at the crutches. His doctor had told him he didn't need them and that he should start putting weight on his leg so that the bone healed faster. He'd just been reluctant to do so at first. Abby had agreed to stay until he recovered, but he'd convince her to stay indefinitely. He wasn't letting her go anytime soon.

Again, the thought of marriage entered his thoughts as he made his way slowly to the bathroom.

Abigail wasn't the kind of girl who'd just have sex with him. She'd been saving herself. That was a rare thing indeed, and he wasn't about to take that from her either. She'd be his, but he needed to give something up in return. His bachelorhood.

Was he ready to take the big plunge? Was his raging lust for Abigail making him rash, pushing things way too fast?

He washed his hands after making use of the toilet and then began brushing his teeth.

She was sweet, innocent, but she had fire to her as well. He liked that. Plus, the woman could cook like no one's business. Definitely points in her favor. No one but his grandmother or Sharmane had ever cooked for him. Abby wasn't after his money, could care less about his fame or the whole music business for that matter.

Did he love her? He snorted. Fuck yeah. She was every man's dream. His dream.

She was so innocent. He wanted to give her things, buy her stuff, take her places...make her come apart under his tutelage.

"Gabriel," Abigail gasped as she rushed into the bathroom.

He gripped the edge of the counter and stared at her in the mirror before turning carefully.

"You're standing without your crutches."

"Yeah, and you scared the crap out of me. I could've fallen."

Her face paled and he felt a twinge of guilt.

"Let me get them," she blurted turning to leave.

He reached out and gripped the back of her night gown stopping her in her tracks.

Her eyes widened when he began to reel her in slowly.

"Gabriel, your crutches."

"Doc said to put weight on my leg to strengthen it. I'll use them later when I get tired."

She was flush against him now, hair loose, thin little nightie the only barrier between them since e still hadn't pulled on his lounging pants.

Her face flushed pink as he palms went to his chest.

Looking away she breathed a frantic, "Gabriel, this is so inappropriate."

"We're not doing anything," he murmured, sliding his outh down the slender column of her throat. He could feel her pulse hammering hard through her jugular. Baring his teeth, he nipped at it making her gasp and then moan.

The sound lit him up like a fuse. He tilted his hips into her, letting her feel what she did to him. To his pleasure, she didn't try to move away, but pressed minutely closer.

His fingers clutched at the long fabric of her blue nightie. Why couldn't she have worn something shorter, more accessible.

Tipping his head to the side he tried to kiss her.

She froze, turning her head away and covering her mouth with her hand. "I haven't brushed my teeth."

"Like I care about that," he growled trying for her lips again, but she pushed away from him, leaving him bereft and horny.

"I'll go shower and start breakfast. Won't be long," she threw over her shoulder as she practically ran from the bathroom.

*******

She needed to get her own apartment. And a job. If she stayed much longer with Gabriel, she was going to end up giving in and having sex with him. He was too hard to resist. The feel of him, so long and hard against her, had her panties in a disgraceful state. Was that even normal? Maybe there was something wrong with her. Was she a closet nymphomaniac?

She showered with the coldest water possible and pulled her hair into its usual bun afterward. Donning a loose olive green maxi and a pair of canvas flats, she pushed her glasses into place and went up to the main floor.

Gabriel leaned against the back of the couch, dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a black button down shirt. He combed his hair back into a ponytail and the scent of expensive cologne made her breathe deeper in appreciation.

"Thought we'd go out for breakfast," he said, green eyes burning. His gaze slid down her body, making her feel self-conscious. All of her clothes were modest, something she'd always preferred. Standing before this exotic rock star, she felt so plain. What did he see in her?

He smiled, and held his hand out to her. "Come. I got us a limo for the day."

Abigail's eyes gaped. "A limo?"

Gabriel's smile widened. "Nothing but the best for my girl."

*******

The day evolved like something out of a fairytale. The limo was long, black and sleek. Gabriel put on some soothing music and offered her chilled orange juice. Claiming she'd allowed a drop to remain on her lips he proceeded to kiss her senseless after licking her lower lip from end to end.

His hand had moved from her ribs to just under her left breast, making her pant. She long for him to reach higher, grip her, mold her aching breast in his big palm, though the reasonable part of her called all sorts of lewd names. Her shameful urges increased the more time she spent with him.

They stopped at a little restaurant off the Pacific Coast highway, garnering only a few stares when they walked in.

Gabriel was so attentive with her, staring deep into her eyes as they talked and laughed, kissing her fingers and stroking her hands in the brief moments of silence.

She kept pinching herself under the table to see if she was dreaming all this.

Afterwards, Gabriel and she continued to converse in the back of the limo as the ride stretched on past the most beautiful scenery she'd ever seen.

Almost an hour later, Abigail's eyes rounded when they turned onto Rodeo Drive.

Gabriel spoke through the intercom to the driver to let them off for a while.

It was an entirely different world here. You could smell the scent of money in the air.

Gabriel entwined his fingers through hers and walked slowly down the street.

"Don't you think you're pushing yourself a bit too fast too soon?" she asked concerned.

He looked down at her, his gorgeous green eyes blocked by a pair of dark sunglasses.

"I want to spoil you a bit," he answered.

"Spoil me?"

He turned into the entrance of a boutique, before she put the brakes on.

"No," she bit out, undaunted by the scowl that turned his generous lips down.

"No?"

"I don't want you to by me things like I'm some floozy."

His frown twitched. He took a deep breath and smiled. "How can I get pissed when you say cute shit like that."

"I mean it, Gabriel. I don't want you buying me things."

"But that's what boyfriends do, baby. We spoil our girls."

She shook her head, looking at the glass window displays to either side of them. "This place looks outrageously expensive."

He ran his hand through his hair, obviously forgetting he'd tied it back. A few black strands came loose making him look way too sexy. "Shit, Abs. It's just money."

"Fine. If you want to throw it away while people starve everywhere, that's your business, but I will not participate in any of that."

He took off his sunglasses now and glared down at her. "Geez, Abby. The owner of this shop is an old friend of my grandmother's, and, yeah, she charges allot for her stuff, but she works damn hard at what she does and everything is handmade by her. She doesn't live in a fancy mansion, but has a modest home she shares with about a dozen foster kids her and her sister take care of. She refuses to take charity from me so the most I can do is throw lot's of business her way whenever I can."

Abigail stared up at him, completely aggrieved by her rash words now. Handmade clothing confectioned by an elderly lady, to feed her foster children. What could be more touching than that.

Lillian was a lovely woman who was only in her late sixties. She hugged and kissed Gabriel on his cheek and gave the same amount of affection to Abigail when he introduced her as his girlfriend.

They talked as Lillian took her measurements until Gabriel's phone began ringing.

He frowned when he saw the screen and ignored the call until it rang four more times in a row.

He stepped out to answer it leaving Abigail alone with Lillian.

The woman smiled at her as she measured Abigail from hip to ankle.

"He's a sweetheart. Don't let his sometimes grumpy attitude mislead you to thinking otherwise."

Abigail smiled down at her.

"You look like a good girl. I'm glad he's finally found someone like you. Stardom can come with plenty of loneliness."

"I'm pretty sure it comes with plenty of things, but I doubt Gabriel was ever lonely. Women clamor after him."

Lillian made a moue of distaste. "Leeches. Only after his fame and money."

Abigail's face warmed. He'd be paying for whatever purchase was made today. Didn't that make her sort of a leech also?"

Lillian stood and patted her shoulder. "I can tell you are having a difficult time with him buying you clothes, but if you get married, he'll be doing this on a daily basis."

Abigail's heart stuttered. "Marriage?" She was barely getting used to seeing him as her boyfriend. The thought of marriage seemed a bit too premature, even though hope flared in her heart.

"I see the way he looks at you," Lillian assured. "I've never seen him look at anyone that way. You've got him twisted around your finger and don't even realize it. Yes, sweetie. That man is going to put a ring on your finger before you know it."

Gabriel picked that moment to walk back in...with a noticeable limp.

She met him halfway, pressing her hands against his chest. "You're in pain. We should get back home. You need to rest."

He smirked down at her. "Geez, baby. I'm not some old man."

"But—"

"No buts." Looking back to Lillian he said, "You've got anything her size for right now? We're on a date and I want to take her someplace special tonight."

Lillian smiled. "I've got just the right thing."

Gabriel nodded. "Throw in some sleepwear, even though I'd prefer she slept naked with me."

Abigail gasped and almost elbowed him before she remembered his ribs.

Gabriel!"

"What?" he said with mock innocence.

Lillian brought out a pretty, floral dress in a silky material that just flowed like liquid over her body. The thin straps and princess neckline showed off her shoulders, and the handkerchief hem her legs.

Gabriel's eyes smoldered when she stepped out of the dressing booth. Already, there were a couple of bags on the counter and Lillian was ringing up the sale. There was another woman in the shop as well. Her eyes had been eating up Gabriel from head to toe until they turned to her with a coldness that left Abigail confused.

Abigail bit her lip, wondering how much he'd just spent, but he approached her and leaned down to kiss her in front of the women.

Heat suffused her face and she wanted to shy away, but he wouldn't have it and speared his tongue into her mouth to ravish it.

"You look so beautiful," he said huskily.

She looked away from the intensity of his gaze to see Lillian grinning affectionately and the other woman...taking a picture with her phone.

Oh-no!

Gabriel turned to see what had displeased her, but the female had already snapped the picture and was now texting.

"What is it, baby?"

She shook her head as the limo's chauffeur walked. "Nothing. I just want to go now."

Back inside the limo, she noticed Gabriel wincing as he sat.

"We really should go back home. You only just got out of the hospital the day before yesterday."

"I'll be fine. I brought my medication."

"And it makes you sleepy," she reminded him.

He sighed tiredly. "How about if I get us a place to chill for a while, maybe take a nap and we go out to eat tonight before heading back home. It's a long drive back anyway and I guess I could use a little rest."