All Comments on 'Different Worlds Ch. 07'

by karaline

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It's one of those rare gems

It not that often a series comes out that keeps you looking for the next instalment. This is one of them, can't wait to see how it finishes.

Griffin_ScoutGriffin_Scoutover 7 years ago
love it

I love the characters in this story. Some of them remind me of my friends from England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. Keep the story going.

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
A previous life comes through

K, once again you have rooted me to reading your posts, I spent twenty years working and moving around the Cotswolds, I fell for a young lady who was by her family to high for a person such as me. They moved her away, out of the country so I could not do what we had both wanted. By thinking to much and not doing what we felt ended up with us both upset and apart. I just hope that in the end your story with Ivy and Richard do not end up to mirror my/our fate. I never got over it and I feel that Ivy would never get over it, and as for that A** of a brother I would be happy to be the grim reaper in your story to teach him some facts of life. You have the lifestyle Ivy lives spot on as if you have travelled some. I just sit and wait for your next post. Please sooner than later. another 5*+ for this post. and on my favorites list.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Have mercy!!

Cliff hangers are so frustrating!!!!!

Great story. I've been giving the chapters a rare (for me) 5 stars. I love the way you have developed the characters and given hints into their life experiences that may have shaped them into who they are. Your descriptions of events and interactions are so vivid that I can feel myself actually being there. You include body movements, actions and environmental cues -- nonverbals -- that might seem insignificant, but are so powerful in setting the mood of a scene.

I want to grab Ivy and keep her from running away, but I would be afraid of wounding her more. Your portrayal of her is beautiful -- tough, yet fragile; self sufficient, yet vulnerable; withdrawn and closed, yet passionate and feeling-rich.

Now about that cliff hanger, Ruth and Richard are only driving 20 miles and they are driving in a motorized vehicle, so the trip should be really short and the next chapter should be any minute... Right? Please.

North200North200over 7 years ago
I never liked William!

I knew from the moment I laid eyes on him that he'd be trouble. Hopefully he gets what's coming to him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Can't believe there is only going to be one more chapter

There is so much more to go through, William, his mum, Ivy's past. Please don't rush it like the maid. Amazing story

karalinekaralineover 7 years agoAuthor
UPDATE

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your comments, I was thrilled to read them, particularly anons cliffhanger post, I feel like you really understand what I'm trying to portray with Ivy's character -I wasn't sure I was managing successfully so its great to know at least one person gets her!

anyway, originally I was going to have another chapter and an epilogue, now I'm leaning towards having an additional chapter, or possibly just a hefty epilogue, so there is going to be more writing than I had intended.

Now for my apology, I'm so sorry, so far I have been aiming to get the next chapter submitted as soon as the previous one has gone from the new stories list, but this time because i am doing a bit of a rewrite of the final scene this isn't going to happen. I have only got a bit of tweaking to do before it goes back to my editor but it is currently school holidays in the UK, and i'm struggling to find time to write -my kids are dominating the various computers right now. I'll get it to you as soon as I can

thanks again everyone!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More?

I do hope we get to hear from you soon! I absolutely love this story and I hope that more chapters come soon/ the conclusion comes! I am absolutely dying to see how this ends!

karalinekaralineover 7 years agoAuthor
thank you darling!

it just went up x

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Wow.did not know you could get a degree at 19 unless your a super genius

karalinekaralineover 6 years agoAuthor
oops

You're right! of course he didn't manage to get a degree at nineteen! *blush*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkaraline@karaline
18/1/22 Small update, i have asked for the enslavement of Briseis to be taken down now, this should be happening in the next few days, so i suggest you don't start reading, unless you're prepared to read the thing all in one sitting! Thanks again for all your lovely comments....

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES