All Comments on 'Dilemma Continued Ch. 02'

by northlander

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
cont'd

I think how you are continuing this on is faithful to the original and well done. Please continue

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks Anonymous

Thank you for your comment, That was my target from the start and I felt that Joesephus had left a number of alternate streams open, All parts are done and I will upload them as soon as possible and see what you think of where I took the story.

Any constructive criticism is welcome, as this is my first story ever published

wolfestonewolfestoneover 13 years ago
Very Nice!

Excellent choice for sequel. Well written and I am looking forward to resolution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
OK, but...

I'm glad you've taken up a continuation of this story, which I believe was Joesephus' best work. Joesephus was a friend and a talented young writer who was taken from us much too early. His work is all the more impressive because English was not his first language. That said, my biggest criticism here is that so much of this chapter is simply a rehash of the previous installment. Maybe you felt you had to reaquaint readers with the particulars of what happened, but I believe it detracts from the story and keeps it from moving forward. Even though the framework is from Joesephus, you need to find your own voice and tell the story in your way. One other thing. Fix the title. Contrinued is not a word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thanks, but..

that but at the end bugged me. He's apologizing to her for abandoning her?

For what, because he wasn't strong enough to get over her destroying her marriage and totally betraying him?

or how about not supporting him when she went on her witch hunt?

Reading the original, I got something totally different out if it.

What she did was vigiliantism, pure and simple. Her actions weren't for

any greater good. She wasn't raped or threatened or harassed. Remember, she cheated not only WILLINGLY but actively participated. She was just plain angry.

But after six years, what's he read in that letter?

The pain she's suffering for her actions!

How screwed up is this guy?

Congrats, you've just wimpified him.

Well, at least we know they'll never be together. She knows she's nothing but a cheating slut. After all, even with their 'special bond' and devotion to each other, she didn't even fell any bit of foreboding before she spread her legs. Even she calls herself amoral, and realizes she nowhere near his league.

From what little you added, speaks volumes of how you want to colour this.

I'm not saying you shouldn't write this, but what's the point of continuing this if you can't stick to the boundaries?

PS. Unless you've resurrected or just undead, Joesephus is gone over three years now.

I'm sure you know, northlander, but it really pisses me off to see those dumbasses (in the comments section) think you are him or that in fact he's still alive. Please correct them.

To Joesephus: Rest in peace, friend. Though you are missed, we soldier on.

northlandernorthlanderover 13 years agoAuthor
Maybe a little explanation

When I read both of Joesephus's submissions, to me, I felt that he had left a number of doors to future expansion of the story. I followed what I thought were those doors and whether many agree is yet to be seen. I didn't feel that Joesephus had written a story that he meant to be a "kick em to the curb" type of story. He had already started on Chris's maturing. I just continued. Anway I hope that many enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I think she calls herself a cheat and a slut as a type of self-flagellation. It is so easy to label her a "cheating slut" and be done but cheating is sometimes niot that simple. From the sound of it King was a master seducer. She says it wasn't seduction but it sounds like it was. He preyed on her insecurities and history and pounced when her defenses were low. He took advantage and she didn't have the power to stop it. She WAS seduced and manipulated and her labeling herself harsh names keeps her locked in the pain she inflicted on Chris.

Of course then comes the issue of her being the surrogate. Not exactly a bright idea. The vast history between them is going to cause a considerate amount of pain, no way about that. But it makes for a good story.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
In itself a logical piece of work

Doing a continuation is very tough work. One commentator feels that you have changed the story.. I have decided not to go back and reread the original now because I am enjoying the present version. I can understand that at this point in time he may feel that he failed her, but most people are usually too selfish to thing that way. I guess Cindy really turned him into a good Christian...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoying it

A few editing issues. I won't repeat my earlier stated concern, thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
just another, it's the man's fault story

amazing uncreative, try again

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 8 years ago
sorry

the author is rewriting history, Chris was emotional unable to handle the breakup, how could he support Lorelei when he couldn't support himself. To look back and say he was a self indulgent young man is like condemning a man who can't sprint because his legs are broken. TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Flawed people, but where is Cindy in this? LOVE slap hapy papy #9

Martyr2002Martyr2002about 2 years ago

I see the author trying to equate Cindy's promiscuity in her youth with Lorelei's adultery and they are not the same. It comes across as a bit preachy. It's an older story sure and the author is probably not going to see this. I think he's done a great job at trying to come up with a resolution to Josepheus' story. I read the original and even chatted back and forth on it with the original author once or twice. Jo was big on forgiveness, I was/am not, we each understood where the other came from.

I had to agree with him that a story where she cheats, gets divorced and they move on from it. Older, a little wiser and live happy ever after as best they can with other people, would not be much of a story.

So the TLDR of that word salad I wrote is: I don't agree with the tack you are taking with this but it's still a decent story that moves the resolution along. I think the OG would have liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Problem is that Chris now crawling back to ex-wife will instantly trigger a massive loss of any respect she has / had for him. This is THE REASON that men cannot, must not TAKE BACK a cheater within a marriage. The ONLY way around this conundrum (Women seeing any weakness in there mate instantly lose all respect and realize they have a permanent cheat pass. ……”Took me back once, he’ll take me back next time too”) is fast divorce, start dating and sleep with several women several times…….not hiding it but actually letting it get back to divorced wife. Then if she persists wanting back into a relationship…..simply include her in a non-exclusive dating pool. If she even continues dating as well as sleeping around….drop her. She was the original offender and remorse isn’t present in her. R.H.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lorelei's letter was powerful. She took complete ownership of her betrayal. She is and was her harshest critic. And yes Chris entered a future state and ran away. Sad. Professor King is obviously a predator.

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Sorry, 1 star. First, and most importantly, I get what the sister in law was trying to do but she was evil and cruel in how she did it, and she had NO excuse. Second, most of this chapter was literally copy/paste from Josephus's second chapter. Third, the whole gaslighting about HIM somehow being at fault is total and complete BS. If she was date-raped (as I THINK this author is trying to imply), she could have told Cindy and Cindy could have told MC. OR FFS he could have traveled to him and forced him to hear (or just had a card for him to see "I was date raped"). If she wasn't, he reacted appropriately, and there's no reason to blame him. Either way he has nothing to be sorry for or reason to feel bad.

Martyr2002Martyr20023 months ago

Wow even his wife's sister, the woman who carried their children thought he was a piece of shit and then emotionally blackmails him to reconcile with his ex-wife. This man has no one, nothing, there is not a shred of decency in any of these women.

Then of course you had to have the obligatory part of the story where he abandons his moral high ground because someone convinces/guilt's him into believing he's a piece of shit for not being a mind reader when his ex-wife cheats on him with her professor ( that's the story as he knows it).

He should take his children and move far away from these people and never see any of them again. They don't deserve him, none of them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous