All Comments on 'Dinner'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Alberta  AlAlberta Alover 8 years ago
Been There Done That

My mistreatment was not quite as severe and the children were not pushed to success just pushed; BUT, I stuck around for the latest reason and then I finally couldn't take it anymore and had a nervous breakdown 3 years before my youngest would have been done high school. 20 years later I am still with her because I can't live on my own. My physical and mental health is shot despite a regular fight to overcome the latest problem. But the good news is that she has been treating me almost normally for the last 3 years.

And, my children are not well developed despite my sacrifices. My daughter is a copy of my wife and her children are close to shell shocked. If you were foolish enough to marry and breed with someone like that, get out as quickly as you can. Your children are going to be damaged no matter what you do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Real-life

After reading the piece, I feel good writers are still around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sorry, it's all too pat

After 8 years we have a tough-talking husband. And the control-freak wife announces at the penultimate moment that she might have cancer. Then everyone nods humbly and agrees that therapy is the next step for everyone.

People are NOT suddenly contrite, and change -- or even want to change -- in the space of a couple of hours.

It isn't clear to me what the author is attempting to achieve with this vignette (it isn't a story).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
There needs to be a follow-up

5*, as the commenters have said very well written and so true to life and the one thing he has to guard against is not repeating the same mistake as we all do. Please give us a follow-up if you can, is there still a marriage and if so what steps were taken to save it. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
This deserves to be 2-3 chapters, excellent as always.

Not continuing this story line would be missing a choice opportunity to maintain an excellent writer to reader quality relationship, the standard was set & delivered while never wavering.

BRAVO!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Simply put...

Out-fucking-standing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really lost in translation

I thought this site was for EROTICA. This story needs psychiatric therapy. Not at all entertaining, erotic, titillating or otherwise readable. if I want day to day dysfunctional families, I 'll look at my own.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WHEN YOUR FEET ARE ON THE BANANA PEELS

changing ones mind doesn't leave too many options.. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mirror image

This is so close to my life, except I haven't had any sex for over 2 years and I really wish I had the balls to leave, but I don't. FFS why I have no idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Superb

This is the single best piece of writing I have read on Literotica and would stand-up to the standards of any literary publication. Your capture of the depth and range of emotions and making your characters so real is art -- what authors strive to achieve. Thank you.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 8 years agoAuthor
Holy Fucking shit

Thanks for the comments. I am humbled by them. I try to write for people who think and feel, who can step into another individuals world. This was a different world. The story came together quickly. A sequal may be in the works, I don't know yet. Once again, thank you so much. Wieliczka

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 8 years ago
to MIRROR image No sex for 2 years?

only 2 reasons you fucking idiot

1) she doesnt want you because she has no sex drive

2) she still has a sex drive but doesnt want you

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 8 years ago
so the husband has a long walk and now everythig is Better?

Yes this story as powerful in some ways because many of us know someone or have some friend who is stuck in a terrible abusive marriage with a deranged cycle path for wife.

In the beginning of the story the author is able to connect and the show this sort of agony that this horrible person has been dumping on the husband and the kids for almost two decades.

But the excuse the wife is about a possible cancer scare over the past two months is contrived ball shit. Even if it turns out that she does have cancer over the past two months the husband says he is six months of video and audio recordings on his phone and her intense abuse has been going on since the kids were born. So the cancer excuse does a really solve anything.

It's pretty obvious that the outside of the cancer issue the wife is psychologically and emotionally disturbed and has been for over a decade.

So having the husband go out for a long walk and talk to a few friends and then suddenly become the man in charge makes for an nice a story but in terms of reality this is just nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 star

for a wimp out,, to an obvious wacko bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 to help offset the asshole annony

who usually hates LW stories, but I see he she it..IT has moved on to other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Didn't resonate with me

I generally don't like to see children, even adult children included in the divorce battle. Not really a criticism of the story, I know it is popular to speak of fighting cancer, but fighting suggest you need the will and skill to 'beat' cancer. But it's all about medical intervention rather than thinking of fighting cancer, it seems to me, avoid the quacks, get the best advice you can find, and follow that advice. Try to stay happy, and live life. Prayer and support groups while they may be comforting, statistically have no effect on mortality rates. Were I him,I would have left long ago, but at this point, move out, and visit and support as the situation progresses.

The story wold have been better if she was not so evil, closer to obnoxious, and he was not so passive for so many years. Hate to see people waste their lives. And no, I think the children would be better with as least one set of happily married parents.

Dad dictating to the family is not much better than mom dictating.

IMO

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
she wins again

and didn't even have to try very hard.

there is no family

the home is a single father with three children

and a dysfunctional woman who also lives in the house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very dramatic and emotional. And really unpredictable outcome.

He was walking out. He may still end up walking out, just as the husband warned. She had failed, and predicted she would fail again. That's pessimistic, but also humble. She just denigrated herself, an important component of humility and honesty. Sounds to me like she's trying. He admits her pushing and demanding have helped make the kids high achievers. His cushioning and softening have helped keep them sane and human. A very confrontational and stressful environment, but one where the kids found strength and ambition. So, it was a hard family to grow up in, but apparently not a destructive one, at least for the children. Just saying, she went about it all wrong, but she did if for a good goal. It's like she put her husband and children through boot camp, for 25 years! But boot camp has its place, just not for that length of time.

So the story is disturbing, and dramatic, and ends up being hopeful, but very very uncertain. She is now on borrowed time, their marriage is on life support, and I think she knows that. If she can channel that relentless unwavering energy toward the salvation of her marriage, and her personality, they might just make it.

You want to tell us that story, I'll be glad to read it. But its not necessary. You've told us a lot already. A whole lot.

Thank You. Well done.

Have to add, it helps to have Southern Italian heritage. To understand this woman, this husband, these children. It's not a simple story, and not a rare family dynamic.

Thanks again.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Powerfully Written

In a way it brings echoes of conflicts we have seen over the years. How to do the best thing when you are battered emotionally is not what we even expect. This guy is not a wimp but is using the situation to try to turn his wife and his life around. If it does not work he can always walk and count on support.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What A Powerfully Awesome Story

My mom was a strong woman...until she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I could not even recognize my mom the last three months of her life. Cancer is not an individual terror. It causes widespread destruction. This was an awesome story. Thank you for writing it.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
good story but

id still leave, callous as it sounds no way after 8 yrrs of her bullshit. id keep her on insurance that's it. sorry but everyone has limits and 8 yrs of her shit, you're on your own sweetheart.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 6 years agoAuthor
Good Story... BUT.... comment

Remember, kids. Remember, vows. Remember, self expectations. Remember, people are different. Some of us have looked over that cliff (or other cliffs). Reading about looking over that cliff is not the same as experiencing it yourself. When it is you needing to 'pull the trigger' and you are honest with yourself and your own values...it's different. Somethings in life that I had planned to do never happened because when it was time for action, I realized that were other things/people/values were involved. Take care and I hope you never have to be in that situation. Wieliczka

wieliczkawieliczkaalmost 6 years agoAuthor
For notredame43

On some level, we do not disagree. It is about values, personal values There is no way I would disagree with you cutting those (ASSHOLES [is this the politically correct term?]) out of your life after he passes. I've also walked away from people.

Take care,

Wieliczka

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Boring is

the best I can say about this. I can think of nothing to recommend it. I fervently hope there is no sequel.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Lots of people have beliefs but to me this is a Life story and the husband does it his way ( the right way i believe) so saying Great story.

ironman1017ironman1017about 1 year ago

So you have the husband cave after five seconds of her not being an abusive, evil person anymore? Sigh. He says he looked weak for the kids, no, he looked weak because he is weak. He should at least own that. All the prep was done, suitcase packed, kids accepted it, all he had to do was take a step and he didn’t. If five seconds of non-abuse was all it took to pacify him, she will always win. Just like she won again in this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well done. Most won't agree: they come here for blood on the floor, the putrid odor of burning flesh. Like Ironman: he pure iron, man!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Years of abuse and he stays is shit. Good guys like him always get walked over. Women praise it so they can treat men like shit and men think its acceptable.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

Nicely done, plenty of truth in there, don’t matter what, if you love the other half you go through hell for them, yes this is just a story but put together with a bit of thought about family life, it’s hard to tell the truth sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ahh man. At the beginning I was stunned at what a shrieking bitch she was. I could never have put up with a woman like that. But by the end I felt sympathy for her. You described her broken, vulnerable state well. It made a horrid villain become a more empathetic figure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dinner Series Info

SIMILAR Stories