All Comments on 'Dinner at the Perryville'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 158 Comments (Page 2)
andyinozandyinozalmost 6 years ago
Well written.

I like your hero however, like Schwanze said, it's hard to believe that he waited so long after first being informed of 'the problem'.

There had better be a sequel in the pipeline ... just saying ...

rick_ohrick_ohalmost 6 years ago
Fascinating and brilliant

The coup that the husband pulled causing the wife's complete turnaround from contemptuous bitch to groveling wench, was brilliant. Reminded me of the strategies in "The Worm Doth Turn."

That said, I'd like to see a continuation, lest you get accused of taking a course in the Just Plain Bob school of writing unfinished stories. How to continue it? However you want. Please, no multiple choice endings though.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 6 years ago
I can't edit my comment, but the Author confirmed a second part

Carvohi contacted me and said he has an ending planned and that it will be up sometime in the future. I can't take back my rating or moderate my comments, which at the time I left them were quite confrontational, but I will read the second part when it becomes available and hopefully give it a more accurate score.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
SORRY

Tried to like it but couldn’t. The husband prattles on about Adam and Eve, whilst letting a predator off the hook. As other people have said, the premise of the story is absurd. Guess the sequel will have the lot of them sitting around making daisy chains, whilst discussing why people cheat! Oh well!

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 6 years ago
Interesting story

Could use another chapter/ending. The poster is of a mouse, not a squirrel, and is captioned 'The Last Great Act of Defiance'.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago
That vague friend

Weird that it wasn't until the third page we actually got Ginger's name. Just calling her a friend and being vague doesn't make for good writing.

An awful attempt at being coy. It's simply not how a normal person thinks, thereby sabotaging the immersion since it creates more distance to the characters.

I definitely had trouble caring, but part of that was also a whole lot of telling instead of showing.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 6 years ago

It's Casus Belli, not causi bellum

davwoodavwooalmost 6 years ago
Very interesting story, quite intriguing

I loved the story line Very interesting read especially the way Cullen revealed to Marjory that he knew all about her infidelity. His decision not to divorce was also a sensible option. 5*

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Please eliminate the excess crap; interesting aspects

Carvohi has some interesting ideas but his stories meander every time a thought pops into his head. This should have been a 2 page story. The husband says he loves his wife and everyone knows them as a happy couple but in all six pages we see a couple that barely tolerates each other. The story begins with the wife telling her husband that she wishes they never married then becomes a clingy thing when he tells her of his plans to separate at the end. Reading this story is a grind. Days go by nothing happens. Husband is told of his wife's affair and he does nothing for weeks. I did like the confrontation with the lover on week 3 or 4 of the surveillance bluffing him off with

threats of exposure with nonexistent video recordings. Why didn't the husband simply walk into the restaurant and tell his wife that her lover wasn't going to show? That would have saved a couple of pages. Then after getting the families together in the restaurant, husband waits a couple of days to talk about his plan for separation.

Husband says his wife is smart but treats her like a naive moron. We see her only as a shrew and he is a cold fish. The lover spent months brainwashing the wife. Who would go to this effort? If husband understands that his wife was set up, why wouldn't he expose the lover to his wife? Ginger and/or her husband have to be behind this but what is their motivation?

Please use an editor 3 stars

reasonable man

ribnitinribnitinalmost 6 years ago
increase the number of stars in the rating

I read this a while ago and gave it two stars. Upon re-reading it so I can read part 2, I would give it 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I think it's hare brained not hair; makes more sense

good story so far but nobody is that hare brained. Still good. Why wasn't eve tempted with a beautiful vase? An apple will spoil and to waste is a sin. Bible logic!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
FTDS, so far it's way off your Best.

Still.pretty good.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Perhaps

the feminist bull shit would suck as much as the cheating.

OnethirdOnethirdover 5 years ago
Patience

An engrossing read. I am always amazed when someone can find out about an affair, then keep going on and on. Especially when his wife was saying some amazingly hurtful things, things you can’t really take back. She is an imploring distraught wife in the end, but we somehow skipped right over being an angry harpy, threatening to find another man, to “I can’t live without you”. I found it a bit abrupt. Really, knowing what she was doing and having her yelling demeaning things at him should have sent him through the roof. He’s more patient than I would be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yuk

It's been awhile since I read this author and I had forgotten about him being a closet cuckold wimp.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Good overall, but...

Some of the details in the timeline are inconsistent. It’s summer in PA, but Ryan is in school? Cullen watches NFL preseason, putting the calendar in August. Then some weeks pass. If Marjory was used for six months starting in January, that’s at least 7 months.

Then there’s the lack of protection. Cullen doesn’t acknowledge that Marjory also exposed him; that he also needs to be tested; or that it’s about time they had ‘the talk’ with Ryan, and how stupid it would be if she or both needed treatment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

The character “Cullen” is a shit-for-brains idiot. Jeez, if that’s what a college degree gets you I’m glad I didn’t go. Instead of him confronting his wife and her lover at the motel, he invites them all to dinner. Just so he can humiliate his wife in front of their young son. What an asshole idiot. I would barely give this story one star. Maybe the second chapter will redeem it, but I highly doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Let’s see... the sociologist is a manipulative misogynist, the wife has a spine made of Velveeta, and the protagonist is a jerk.

The only decent character in the story is Ryan, who will probably be so damaged by his parents’ arrant stupidity that he’ll end up in therapy three days a week, unable to commit to a normal relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well done.

I see some of the prissy comments by the LW idiocracy and it makes me think they need a good bitch-slapping. A very well written tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
re: anonymous - well done

Really, it appears you're the one that needs to be bitch slapped. Do you really think everybody should have an opinion that only suits you? Think about it, should slowly sink into that brainless head of yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bull!

Ryan is a real man. There is no way that a real man would let a snake get away with screwing his wife. He would have had an alibi and got a friend to take a bat to the snake’s cock and balls!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It was Ginger

Yo people...its quite obvious the "snake" in this is Ginger. She was the person who got Severeid to go after Marjory.

I thought the restaurant 'set-up' was quite lame.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Ginger

She was the one who told him about the affair... I really want the professor to feel some pain also.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Why so fucking long????

This could have been better done in about 1 or 2 pages, rather than the drawn out boring 6 pages.

And the ending, really??? Does it need to go on for 2 or more pages???

Brevity would be appreciated, because the extra 4 or more pages of filler were a waste and didn't contribute to the story at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could have been a good one BUT

Hubby found out pretty fast what is probably going on but get on and on invastigating ... I guess this is to pump up the story and fill the pages

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Too much bullshit. She was an out and out cheating bitch and he was a dope.

No RAAC but u could see them reconciling, he is too much of a wimp.

A lot of your characters are wimps I note.

Cheat on a woman and see how far one gets????

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I am not really sure...

...Jed Clampett...that you have the right set of genitalia to be a man...or have u got your hormones checked?? I really find that you are a mentally female from how you write your stories...

Women it is ok to fuck around in the marriage..cos all my MCs love to lick the lovers cream pies and want to fall over themselves to take back and. Forgive the cheating sluts!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Difficult to read

This could have been a good story, but the writing style is as bad as a sixth grader. Too long, and we need to know the rest of the story. What happens to Sevreid? What happens to the marriage?

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 3 years ago

Typical of most of your stories, you look for excuses for the wives to be cheating sluts. And typically raac bullshit tears it's cuck head.

Sad really....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A good story. I liked his solution to confronting his wife. At first I was going to stop reading because in real life it would be more likely to confront the wife about being seen twice entering the hotel with another man and asking her for a verified reason. However, bringing both families to the same restaurant is a novel way to have the confrontation.

He never saw his wife having sex with the other man so it's easier to be able to forgive his wife if he believed that she was truly repentant. It appears that the wife is quite naïve and has been lured into the affair by a clever manipulator. In this instance I think he should forgive his wife, with conditions. They have a son who needs a mother and father and to break up the family would be wrong in this instance.

The author hasn't published anything for over a year now.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

5/5!!!! As usual for your work! Very realistic, well-written and amazingly plotted!

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

A cuck is a cuck by any other name or reason.

juanviejojuanviejoover 2 years ago

A cuck by any other name is still cuck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think he and his wife are both being manipulated. The only logical answer would be his female friend who has said she loves him, but then she also said that she wants him to work out his marriage problems so, like him, we don't have enough information to form an opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Couldn't read till the end. He just loves being a cuck. He kept postponing seeing the scene of the crime. What kind of a man is that?!

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamabout 2 years ago

I think this story is brilliant (so far). It's a Five and a Fave from me.

What I can't understand is why it is scoring so low. Well, perhaps it's because there is no 'in yer face' sex. But this site is meant to be about written erotica, and to me that means some things need to be left to the reader's imagination. Blatant sexual detail does nothing for that.

So, come on, guys, score it up!

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

0 star - stupid cuck/wimp crap.

RAAC is impossible if the adulterer continues a sexual relationship more than one time. So this marriage is toast and this fool wants to drag out his revenge until he gets tired of the skanky, slut.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a bullshit story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Terrible, long winded story.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

A fine example of lots and I mean LOTS of words finely constructed, spanning 6 pages no less and saying absolutely nothing of interest. Not one character with a single redeeming feature.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

writer repeat over and over the same parts.punish the lover as well person behind the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so difficult to undestand the mind of a cuck wimp writer.... what logic do they use to justify the creampies they just love to eat! the wufe fucks someoneevery wednesday... MC waits for so many wednesdays to get revenge.... And what a revenge!,, Yup i am quaking in my boots!

Jed Jed Jed Cumbuckett.... where are your gonads? Did ur wife have them made into a garland around your neck OR does she carry themon her key chain?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

😴 too long a story!!! -5 stars

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

not sure I can take another 6 pages of slow, "deep thoughts" with very little resolved or told. However, you got me interested to find out who was behind of the seduction, so I will read on. Maybe Cullen's secret girlfriend?

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

What the fuck, she’s sleeping with another man and all of the sudden you make her a character so deeply naïf that hurts… what a piece of crap

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

He is an asshole in everything he does and thinks. Ok she was so silly, so naive, but I don't see a bad person in her. She would be much better off without him, she would easily meet another, easily nicer than him. On the other hand he will end up with someone much worse and he would live to regret his decision for the rest of his miserable life.

It's so obvious who the traitor is, but I won't spoil it for those that haven't figured it yet. As for the story, great potential, different take, were someone sets out to destroy an happy marriage. Sadly that could have much better if it had only taken 3/4 pages, it was dragged out far to long, I started skimming over lots. Sorry only 3*

BSreaderBSreader12 months ago
Your

Still one of the best authors.

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

There are certain MC’s that deserve to be cheated on, this one in particular takes the biscuit.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Going to be a raac, when he starts equating her little crying episode to hanging a guy, then disembodied you have to wonder. Oh and Ginger is the only likely candidate for the snake in the grass.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What an absolute load of drivel, they both sound like morons

juanviejojuanviejo5 months ago

THE LAST TIME I GAVE IT THREE STARS. IT IS A WRETCHED STORY, BUT YOU DID IT WELL AND SINCE IT IS CHRISTMAS, I GAVE YOU FIVE STARS THIS TIME.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Absolute rubbish!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I only able to get through 2 pages, don't know if Iwant to finish it. First impression, this guy is short more than a few marbles. Second, his wife is a cruel cheating bitch. What a complete asshole. Who would even want to keep such a waste of space? I might come back, but moving on for now. Completely, diametrically differ from you Helen from below. Nobody is ever worthy of cheating on. Be a honorable person and file for divorce first.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Cliff hanging is bad ..Jim

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

You write well but please give it up. You make all the MC look brain dead.

She's been seen twice with same guy, same place and, after lunch, go to the motel.

There is NO room for misinterpretation. She hiding this from him. Clearly she's fucking the guy.

Next step, get divorce papers, wait for the next "date". Follow them to the hotel, wait 20 minutes then knock on the door.

Here wife, you've been served.

Painful yes! Other options that are rational? No.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Pretty sophisticated and considerate as a compassionate BTB. As a surveyor, he can draw straight lines and witness his wife cross them. Is she really that naive? "Oh mystery, the game afoot.."

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous