All Comments on 'Dinner at the Perryville'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
sucks bigtime

Worthless piece of shit. nothing good about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Good thing it's posted on LIT, the ilLITerates here will surely rate it as the the coming of Jesus, or Jorge at least.

gmann57gmann57almost 6 years ago

anonymous , your such a fucking pain in the ass, You said it , It is Lit but you think your a fucking critic with some clout. When all you are is a bitter fool. Its a shame that you think your all that. Personally I think your full of shit. Jedd I like your stories, They are well written and A 2nd part would bring this one to a finish. Thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More

You are going to have to bring this out more. If you leave it like this you will lose readers, and credibility. I gave you a four because I like your writing style. the story is not finished.

ilimitadoilimitadoalmost 6 years ago
2*

Didn't like it much. Have found most of your other pieces a bit tainted...or sick. Glad it is a free world, I'll try to remember not to read any more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1 star

Long winded bullshit for 6 pages. He confronts the guy just tells him to leave and buys him and his family dinner just to show the wife. Complete bullshit You would at least drag the wife over and let his wife know of the affair. Complete trash.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 6 years ago
Jezz Jedd

I didn't enjoy this tale at all. Very very long winded, surely you could have revamped it down to 3 pages of really good storytelling. One of the main points that annoyed me was your continual use of calling Ginger ' my friend '. Hell man, who the heck writes a story & calls the woman who ratted his wife out 'my friend' for 3 pages instead of using her name -- really weird. Definitely not your best work, I was so disappointed.

2 **

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
5*

Don't let the bastards grind you down Jed. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The point of the story is . . .?

I have to admit, you've got "farmboy english" mostly down pat. Near as I can figure. When I got to the sentence that began "We sat and mostly ate." How does someone "mostly" eat? So you rambled through 6 pages of typing and what was resolved? What was the point of the story. You created a main character that mostly a boring narcissist (should I mention selfish? Egotistical?), but I never got the sense that there is any resolution to a plot line.

0zed0zedalmost 6 years ago
Meh!

Long winded and lame ending. Bible thumping wimps should not be allowed to reproduce, or write stories about bible thumping wimps.

funksofunksoalmost 6 years ago
Mostly eat

It means you sit at the table, you play with your food, you have a think, but mostly you eat. There’s other stuff going on though.

Always enjoy your stories Jedd. Yours always have character and tone that makes them different to the usual, and I appreciate that.

I do wonder if there’s another party or if that’s some bullshit that makes him hurt less. I’m not sure. He really doesn’t want to lose her though - he was going to more pains to keep her on a hook, even though they’ve got a kid. Pretty f’d up all around.

I like this one felt a bit more grounded and relatable than the white trash fare, for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent story and well written but with reservations 5*

His cluelessness and then passivity early in the story was very frustrating. He should have acted more decisively as he lost this reader's respect.

Otherwise I like the revenge at the restaurant and the way he made her suffer. I have no problem with a long-term reconciliation as she seems to be close to true remorse.

Please continue with some revenge on the serpent and the person(s) who set his wife up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent

Wasn't she essentially emotionally raped?

Write more. Was it his friend that did it?

xtchrxtchralmost 6 years ago
I'll Hold My Vote!

I am going to hold off voting to see if this is continued. If this is continued to some conclusion, it would possibly be a 5, if it is left unfinished...it becomes a 1 or 2 (I really don't like unfinished tales or what I think are unfinished tales.)

Thanks for the story, really hope there is a conclusion coming.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 6 years ago
There is a reason divorce is so expensive for men....

It's worth every penny.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Since it is unfinished

I can't give it 5*. However, you are one of the best on this site and I have faith you will give us closure. My money is on Ginger but that is the obvious choice for a villain. She knew too much, was too helpful and declared her love for Cullen. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Tedious

“I found out that my wife is having an affair!”

“What are you going to do about it?”

“I’m going to watch them go into their hotel every week!”

“Brilliant! You’re a real MAN OF ACTION!”

Hahahahahahahaha

This story’s “plot” is absurd!

grogers7grogers7almost 6 years ago
Original, and excellent 5

Both families having dinner at same restaurant is original. I am surprised to be in the minority as I read these first 19 comments.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
part 2 please :)

please continue the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5*

For all those who think that this was a bad story or the author can't write I have two suggestions. First write your own story and second stop reading carvohi. Stop your whining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
who was he?....

...the king of procrastination??

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Unfinished stories

I enjoyed the story. I always enjoy what you write but I hate stories that leave you hanging. Please, finish it. Let us at least know why it was done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
How does this fit the theme of Siren's Song?

It feels like a story this author would have submitted on any given day. If there's a connection to theme in there somewhere, I missed it.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 6 years ago
Literoticus interruptus

The surveillance of the lovers is typical LW boilerplate. Putting the two families at side-by-side tables for the reveal to his wife that he knew of their affair was inspired and should have been the beginning of the real payoff of the story, the unmasking of the scheme to destroy their marriage and its mastermind, but then comes more LW boilerplate in the form of the husband's "I need time to think" period and once he realizes there was a scheme it just...ends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

so he is a wimp he is moving out and the other guy still goes on with his life and still has his family meanwhile stupid is going to be paying for two residences as well as some of the bills child support and probably alimony why is he that dumb eventually she will want some sex or loving is he going to give it to her or will she just divorice him and he will pay the same and probably have to give her half of his business he needs to wake up move back and work on it or get the other guy

10sguy10sguyalmost 6 years ago
More?

I liked the story. The people seem real to me and the story was depressing (as it had to be), but somehow hopeful at the same time. I would love to see more if you decide to continue the tale. If not, keep writing; it really is good.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 6 years ago
I liked what I read so far

But the story seems to have left too much on the table with Brandon still out there untouched and the question of STD'd unanswered among others. The time lapse between Cullen finding out that his wife was cheating and him actually confronting them was a little too long for my taste however, the dinner scene was brilliant.

A second chapter dealing with Brandon and whoever set this up (perhaps Ginger?) would add a lot of value to this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

bet the friend who told him of the affair is the guilty party.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
ginger's husband

he did it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
write a part 2

Thats the logical thing. With the original writer.rE

mmbny47mmbny47almost 6 years ago
Your almost done

Please finish it. Don;t leave us hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
My

Moneys on Ginger she loves him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well you have found a way to do it.

To piss off both the readers wanting more sex and those wanting a good BTB story. (Is there such a thing?)

Seriously, this was very long winded and full of unnecessary paragraphs. And for what? Nothing. Not really a very good piece of writing. Let's hope that you step it up next time and at the very least, play to one of the two opposing groups of readers here.

ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
No likable characters

The juxtaposition between the husband's braying about his Christian conservative values while plotting how he's going to get revenge sex while also making his wife his bitch was jarring.

If he wants to fuck around and fuck over his wife, fine, I think that's fair game. However, he doesn't also get to sermonize over what a great and Christian person he is and she isn't. You have to pick one, and since you didn't, he just comes off as a hypocritical asshole.

Add that to how passive and incompetent he was for most of the story, and I'm not sure how much I blame the wife for wanting to trade up.

Also, was that one semi-confrontation at the restaurant really worth all that skullduggery and lurking around while his wife was getting fucked?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I hope you write a sequel

Ending felt incomplete. Hope there is more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You REALLY left this one blowing in the wind.

And your nautical ties for the overall theme of the day were non-existent. Why would he let Brandon skate? Why wouldn't he tell her parents the truth? She may need their help. Was he afraid her Father would hire her an attorney and trash Cullen's poorly thought out plan? There are so many holes in this story that I had to laugh. You're usually fairly tightly wound on your "talkies". This one appears to have been put together in a hurry and not completely thought out. That explains the non-ending. Try again. This wasn't up to your normal standards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Long winded and incomplete

Why write all the drivel and not finish it?

alex_crossalex_crossalmost 6 years ago
More

I would like to see how you would finish this story. It needs to be finished one way or another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
clearly

its the rn friend who set this up.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyalmost 6 years ago
Thought Provoking

I marked you as a favorite long ago and have read most of your stories. This one dragged a little at times, but held my interest wondering what he was going to do. You provoked thought in this way. I would have dealt right away with the vile things she said to and about him, the disrespect. I would have informed the wife of her husband's adultery. Even his plan for their future seemed unfocused. Nonetheless five stars for the writing.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 6 years ago
Adam and Eve?

Why is he banging on about Adam and Eve? After the betrayal with the serpent they remained married and churned out dozens of kids.

maxx308maxx308almost 6 years ago
I have to agree

with Anon, long winded and incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Now What?

Long stories seldom hold my interest but this had enough twists to keep my attention. I agree with Scorpio JJ that the probable snake is Ginger. You have to finish this tale of deceit.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 6 years ago
Just..

The economist joke would have been worth the 5*! LOL!

Otherwise, bitch, moan and complain LW trolls — not a bad story, even if left with a mystery at the ending. And since Ginger is the obvious candidate, it can't be her.

Hey, the Kuerig's are a real blessing when you are the only one in the house who drinks coffee,, decent cuppa for one - no need to make a whole pot!

Best to ya Jed!

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 6 years ago
As soon as I read the snide comment about atheism

I knew the story was headed for the shitter. Still this does have some redeeming qualities to it. It shows that the author is a ignorant religious bigot and the husband reflects the author's characteristics of being a moron

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 6 years ago
The restaurant scene was pathetic

By the time the husband sees them at the restaurant diner for the second time he knows for a fact that his wife is engaged in a long-term affair.

Yet for some reason this drags out for several more Wednesdays

Even more remarkable is that even though his wife has been crapping on him for weeks his confrontation is to take them out to dinner at the diner where the wife and her lover meets.

Just absurd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing.....

I found the story to be both mature & realistic..

For me this was a solid 4. Looking forward to your sequel. Good luck

Trainman2012Trainman2012almost 6 years ago
Please finish

Love the mind games, nice cliff hanger, Please finish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Two things

Single cup coffee makers are a rip off. You spend more money on k-cups then you would on coffee, beans or ground.

Rednecks simply do not drink PBR. Rednecks drink Bud Light or Miller High Life. Poor rednecks drink Natural Light. Sad motherfuckers that have given up on life will drink Coors. The only people (and I use the term loosely as they're barely human) that drink PBR are hipsters.

Story was mediocre, but better than the swill you shilled.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
The final scene at the restaurant . . .

. . . reminded me of a scene from my ancient history, when I was sitting at a table with an ex girlfriend and then my present girlfriend showed up and sat down. It took a few seconds before I realized that my present gf didn’t know with whom I was sitting, and I had to tell her, but it was an interesting sensation sitting with two different girls I had fucked.

The difference in this was that the wife was now sitting with her husband, while next to another man she’d fucked. For her, it was really uncomfortable, not the feeling I’d had so many years ago, but it makes me wonder how my then present gf felt while sitting with a past gf.

Of course, I’m so old that today’s situation, of people in social situations with 14 different people they’ve fucked before that that past episode in my life might have a larger meaning for me than it does today.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
I need more... but 4+*s

I like your stuff and this is pretty good. I think some of your writings are fabulous. I like him sticking to his guns. Hard thing to do when you love some one but they are so pathetic. Clearly he's realized he's lost respect for her and some how, that never really comes back. He has to out the other guy if not exactly to get even but to get what most call justice. Ruin the other guy, shatter his family. If Cullen and Marjory and Ryan get torn asunder, it's not kosher to turn the other cheek. Brandon's wife has to know what he is as well as what Marjory is...and I think Marjory should tell her and I think Cullen has to let Brandon know it's coming.

She's already talking about getting lonely and needing to be held...like she's saying she may need to get laid but flips at the thought of Cullen needing the same thing. She needs to feel the pain. Maybe if she does, she'll understand why he needs to make her feel it. Then, of course, she'll feel justified for her actions, get pissed off and walk away from Cullen like she should have done in the first place. For being so smart she's really dumb and really has never looked in the mirror to she who she really is. I guess maybe, all in all, it's the sign of the times. Takes about 5 yrs to get over things like this. Might as well start now.

O and the diversion of somebody wanting to get at the "happy couple" I think is bogus. I think he really wants to set her up to take another fall. When they"re down, kick 'em.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Chapter 2!

Awesome story! You got me hooked, now gimme chapter 2 damnit lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Please continue to a conclusion Brandon needs to be dealt with . Some resolution in their marriage is need to. Good job so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Reconcilliation

I don’t believe in reconciliation!

Bitch cheats... she shoukd bur

I put the firt MF’er in the hospital for 6 months. I got off scott free because I’m smart

Secnd MF’er (different gal) can go to hell....... she’s simply not worth it

My point to the author is .... wtf.... bitch cheats but why do you want to hold on to her diseased and defiled pussy. Half the population has one so just go get another one to relace her. FUCK LOVE, I’ve never loved anyone enough to tolerate a basic lack of loyalty.... Male or Female. I’ve “fired” frinds before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great But??

This was a very well written and woven story that could also easily be a true-to-life scenario. However, this begs for an ending. If this were clearly Ch. 1 of a 2 chapter series (no suggestion for this) this story would rate a 5. Standing alone, begging for the next step can only get a 4.

We hope to hear from Cullen again soon and how he so compassionately deals with Brandon.

T.T.

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 6 years ago
Split Decision

You certainly wrote a story with a lot of emotions. For the first part of the story, I have never met a man who was a bigger wimp or less intelligent for a man with his education. For the second half he found some back bone. Probably best that you left the story where you did for readers to decide. Sorry only a 4 for this story.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
THE PLAN OF THE CHEATERS ARE NEVER COMPLETE

they always forget consequences and most of all Un-Luck. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
... so who is it that set up the affair

If I were to hazard a guess, my money is on the friend who contacted him to tell him that his wife was having lunch some man other than her husband. She was a great friend To inform him of his wife’s affair but when he asked her to confront the wife she mysteriously hesitant to be involved. She essentially tossed a hand grennade into his relationship making sure that it does enough damage. Who does it benefit, his friend who loves him ... and his wife too. Why tell him about what his wife has been doing only to step aside once he confirms it. I say it’s his good “friend”

That’s my hunch but only one guy knows for sure.

So who is it Jedd?

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 6 years ago
Frustrating story

How he could go Wednesday after Wednesday after Wednesday was not credible. The wife's sudden change from bitchy shrew to penitent martyr was not credible - IRL she would have blamed the husband for her behavior. And then we are left with a completely unresolved ending. Three stars, which is generous.

patilliepatilliealmost 6 years ago
It's a fast flowing, interesting read

but the lack of an ending or hint that you will pen one is frustrating. Also, the main character seemed a bit odd, I am not going to go back into the story to document examples, but details that really didnt matter were interjected into the narrative.

I read this after reading two other favorite author's, and I picked it specifically because of the number of comments. Now I see why, the level of dissatisfaction has to be high among the commentariat.

There is much to be explored-is Ginger the saboteur? What is the nature of her and Ryan's relationship in the past? 3* for incomplete.

carvohicarvohialmost 6 years agoAuthor
So...

I thought the way I ended this that people would recognize there was a part two. There is a part two; it's still a couple days away.

Is Cullen a wimp? Does every man who catches his wife have to shoot from the hip? If nothing else Cullen is a thinker and a planner, and maybe a little cold blooded.

Alas, from Cullen's; point of view the entire story thus far has only been a matter of five or six weeks.

Yes, there is a part two.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I Like Your Characters

Nice tale. And nil bastardo carborundum.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well constructed beginning

It's a little off the beaten path and for that I thank you. There are those who have never loved and they'll rail against giving in.

You have put yourself in the catbird seat with several ways to take the story and it could have four more chapters. I sometimes get frustrated with you but your stories have heart and mind and are more realistic than most. Surprise us with the next installment!

R.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 6 years ago
My friend, my friend, my friend, rinse and repeat

You sure did fall in love with using "my friend". Made no sense to me. As to you thinking we would immediately realize there was a part two...My grandpa used to tell me to "talk slow and use little words." when I wanted everyone to understand. You didn't really expect us readers to figure that out, did you? C'mon man, you know better than that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
2nd chapter is cming

So who would set up this couple ,makes no sense a married ass professor having a affair with a wife sand two kids at home. For a 2 HR romp in the hay every wed .

timrivtimrivalmost 6 years ago

He was ser up by the “friend the RN” he meets on page 1. She knows to much and eventually let’s it out of the later that she a thing for him. Not much is known about her but I will bet it will come out in chapter 2. The story begs to be a reconcillation story but Cullen really is a heartless ass. His wife is just plain dumb and gullible. Hope a suitable ending comes out of this and Ryan get a little sister.

chytownchytownalmost 6 years ago
Good Long Read***

Thanks for sharing.

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 6 years ago
Heart Less

Cullen was the victim she cheated. I agree the Nurse Ginger is a likely candidate for breaking them up since she has a thing for Cullen. that seem's to be long term. Hope we get a Chapter#2 to clear things up.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 6 years ago
Anony: Reconciliation

Can’t be quite sure, due to your grammar, but when you say you put the first MFer in the hospital and then refer to second MFer in a way which reads like you are referring to second gf as an MFer, I have to ask: was the MFer you put in the hospital the guy who fucked your gf, or the girlfriend herself?

When you tell us that you don’t believe in love but you do believe in loyalty, I’d say that explains why your girlfriends sought love in other men’s arms . . . and beds.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Yeah

I have to agree with the Majority! Another Chapter to find out Who is the Snake (Witch) and where is the Apple (I'm referring to Sleeping Beauty) This is an Incredible Story!....Please don't Fuck it up with Divorce! Everyone on this beautiful Planet Earth is entitled to a second chance! Use It Wisely ★★★★★ WOOF!

timeandtidetimeandtidealmost 6 years ago
Engaging story, quality writing.

Thanks Carhovi. Like myself, I'm sure you sit back amused by those compelled to naysay out loud. You got to them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
You needed a few dozen more commas

There are several sentences that are completely destroyed for the want of a comma, but this one was the worst:

"Because I like her dad."

bruce22bruce22almost 6 years ago
Trendy novella.

Not burning her at the stake is provocative.... If Ryan did not exist, saying goodbye would be the best solution. Be careful when you bring children into the world....

When she started attacking him personally it was as if we jumped into another world.

But I am all for more Carvohi.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
Deserves a higher rating.

Brilliant writing and great story telling. An intelligent story about a man using his head instead of his fists. Part 2? Oh yes, her cheating partner needs to be taken down a few pegs. His wife should find out about his cheating too. As who was behind-the-scenes? Another story in itself. Full marks. *****

AlexanderTAlexanderTalmost 6 years ago
Of course

How long has the nurse been having an affair with the professor and how did she convince him to travel all that way to seduce a librarian? And how did she get them to meet at Perryville? .I'm looking forward to chapter two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
need the conclusion, though it is obvious

Well written as usual Jed. Strongly dislike unfinished stories. Rather they not be written. However, i've rechecked this story. His friend is always only referred to as "my friend", NEVER a name. Hmmm. And, this friend loves him but would only marry Cullen if he wasn't married! Duhhh. Guess who has the motive? Ten guesses and the first nine don't count.

Samson

The interesting part would be how he finds the truth. Not so hard. He "gets" with the "friend" and something slips out. Come on, Jed. Finish it.

korba76korba76almost 6 years ago
Uh... the name you're lookin' for is..

... Ginger, if I'm not mistaken...

Unfinished... no vote, though you do write well...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Dumb story of a dumb hick!

It took three pages before the dumb hick finally decided that his wife was cheating on him. He observed them going into the hotel many times before he confronted her. Then when he does confront her, he only talks to her about. There is no BTB so why didn't the dumb hick just confront her the first time he observed them entering the hotel. Like I said dumb storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Terrific Story!

Unless we have been misled (I'm sure the author wouldn't mislead us!) the villain is the unnamed RN who is "his friend," and who, coincidentally, loves him.

But has the narrator, who is Cullen himself, misled us? Has he also fooled around, with his friend the RN??

Love the story, and hopefully there'll be a sequel.

maedhros21maedhros21almost 6 years ago
wheres the connection?

I always enjoy reading your stories so when I saw you included in the list I was happy. The story was good and I will look forward to part two......BUT more than one person has asked what the nautical connection is to this story and I am still waiting for you to answer that.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicalmost 6 years ago
Great start

Suspence is a great thing. You have another very interesting story here. As for the first half of the story, This is very good. I hope there is a second part to this so I do not add this to the list of unfinished stories like "Revelations" for one example. I have always liked the way you can see a plot and make a complete high scoring out of the. Thank you

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Were All The Trumpetes Jacking Off Reading This Story?

Was this story a sarcasm about the simple mindedness of core Trump backers or does is author actually a trump supporter?

1. " 'Good Book' says, I'm a church going man, and of all the theological beliefs the one that makes the least sense its atheism." Umm, atheism is NOT a theological belief. Theology is defined as the study of the nature of God and religious belief. Atheism, no god, no theology, not theological belief!

2. "Remember how the Pastor said it was a modesty thing, and that good women were naturally demure and modest. You know, seen and not heard, and women who weren't were abrasive"... "You mean bitchy, and a good wife knew she should keep her mouth shut." Now I wonder why a woman with a husband that believes a woman who gave her opinion on matters (didn't keep her mouth shut as a good wife) would be vulnerable to the advances of a man who took her seriously and treated her as a person with thoughts, ideas and an intellect.

3. Adam and Eve story is a coming of age story about two teenagers that discover sexuality and are embarrassed by their new discovery and that nudity bore more to it than it did during the innocence of their childhoods. The "Paradise" they get thrown out of is their parents' homes, as adults, where they were once loved, protected, fed and were secure. They were now adults so they had to fend for themselves and not provided for by their parents. You literal Christians can keep on believing that it's the story of a prickly, jealous, insecure, silly diety that told the kids don't eat the cake he put on the table. And once they did he goes on to curse not only them but all their progeny, because they didn't have absolute obedience to him like some psychopathic third world tyrant.

But what's interesting to me in the Adam and Eve story is you have the core theme of most of these LW cheating wives stories on this site. Men who are intimidated by sexuality and especially a woman's sexuality and desirability. The woman who causes the fall of a "good godly man" (even though men make up 93% of all prison inmates, 98% of rapists, 94% of all pedophiles, 96% of all murderers, etc, etc). Yeah, women are the root of all evil, lol.

4. Last, what the fuck is up with the diet of these fucking characters in this story. How fat are they? Two days in a row the wife makes hamburger meat for dinner, not to forget the mayo he puts on it. The third day they eat salmon which is excellent for you, not grilled, but fucking drenched in hollandaise sauce. That's the root of all evil (not to mention the high health care cost of Americans). The fucking diet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Blackrandl dictates to us when we get half decent stories, she INVITED this one to post in a THEMED event. This long winded drivel has NOTHING to do with the theme SHE set, yet you all sing her praises.

This 'story' should have been cut in half.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 6 years ago
Never heard that interpretTion of the Adam and Eve story

Which made great good sense. However. The rest of the story had uninteresting characters. Where I writing part 2, husband would be parinoid and totally wrong about ginger.

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just shoot me now

Six meandering pages of minutia. Could have been done in three. And that's how I read it, skimming. And at what I presume to be the conclusion I was left with a mere "Huh??" Not your usual quality, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Attn: Johnadp...

Whereas you have some valid points in your rant, where do you get off politicizing this story? Is your head so fillled with hate for Trump that you see that to associate anything with him as the penultimate insult? Let’s leave politics out of this “porn site.” It’s beginning to drag it down to a really dispicable hate-filled place that I don’t want to be.

shaman43shaman43almost 6 years ago
Appreciation

for the good writing and plot. Good enough that I gave it a 5 but..... hated the view of the male protagonist. Disliked his decisions and the length of time it took to do something about the issue. Appreciate the reality of his incapacity to know completely how he felt and then what he wanted as a goal. Some of his life views are anathema to me but respect that they have a right to be expressed in a well written story. Will read this author when he writes again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Too much apology, not enough pain for cheaters....

...that apparently have no conscience.

Wifey only got clear after a week of bawling and tossing in bed alone, and then, only after a multi-faceted, repeated explanation.

She can’t be that stupid....and he can’t be that indecisive.

I thought the restaurant scene was interesting a a plot device to illustrate to wifey that she was the target of a conspiracy.

It might be interesting to see where this particular story goes, but I’d suggest more real story and less wallowing in single topics. Just get on with it and tell us what they do, what they find out, and want retribution they exact upon those with such deep angst. I mean they’re nobodies! Who would give a flying flap to spend six months or pay someone else to seduce wifey? Like our hero said....t just doesn’t add up.

So whatever it is, it better be good. Maybe it was Ginger’s husband.....

Thanks....sort of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This story begs for another chapter.

And i love the "smart man" approach to "revenge".

He takes the time to think about what is best for his son and himself. No thoughts about whats best for her or the asshole.

Of course it would be almost impossible to think rationally when you learn some asshole is fucking your wife. But how dumb do you have to be to get her fire from her job which makes your alimony payment bigger. (Not a part of this story but you get the point.)

If you need to burn the bitch, burn both her and the asshole. But do it in such a way that it does not hurt you. Be smart.

Great story, except it ended too early.

who is writing the next section?

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Sad

The guy is kind of sanctimonious and preachy. The story was okay.

crazycujocrazycujoalmost 6 years ago
MORE1

you can't leave us hanging like this! well, you can of course, but i hope you don't. if someone set the professor on them, he has all kinds of leverage to pry the information out of him. my suspect would be Ginger, but who knows. anyway, thanks!

pkmapkmaalmost 6 years ago
A begrudging 5 only because of a few of my own biases

I really liked a few original ideas - The dual dinner particularly or the possible malintended friend. Both were ripe for your sequel or one of our friends to run with the possibilities applied to a separate story. Think about it.

Lots of the topical LW work is too formulaic your new ideas strike the imagination.

mower9527mower9527almost 6 years ago
Sequel!

Great story but incomplete.

justbobkcjustbobkcalmost 6 years ago
5 Stars - Great story - thoughtful

I can sort of emphasize with most of your male protagonists. The engineering/logical reasoning more than JUST emotional response kind of males.

Your women, not so much.

You certainly left lots of room for more to this story.

My primary thinking is no way the dilettante a$$hole professor does not experience painful consequences for what he did. He literally spent almost a year seducing the wife into not just adultery but "falling in love" with him. And it is more than obvious it was just a lark (or something else not involving true feelings of even lust) as far as Prof was concerned. He needs to be burned badly (and no - not acid to the face that caused a bit of a commentator uproar in another recent story concerning a purposeful effort to ruin a marriage ;-) but his own position at the university and his own marriage needs to now be put at risk. Something for the a$$hole to worry about.

And for the other commentator(s) who decided the author's husband portrayal here was just too "deplorably Trumpish" - well, you have that a$$hole Prof who was/is undoubtedly a good card-carrying liberal Hillary supporter as YOUR hero.

So - fuck off!

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 6 years ago
Presented as a complete story.

And it is not. 3*. A partial score for a partial effort.

If it was intended as part or chapter 1, it should have been labeled as such. Or at least a to be continued at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Seriously? A cliffhanger?

I can't believe the predatory "male feminist" scumbag professor gets a free pass. Hell No. Have you seen whats up right now in the world of intersectional marxist feminism also known as "higher" education? A sleazy piece of shit like that needs to be introduced to a very special hell.

I sincerely hope you finish this.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Page 1

He just got told his wife was going into a motel room in the middle of the day with another man and he decided to put the whole thing out of his mind? I'm calling bullshit on that one.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Had to

have been the bitch who told him about his wife.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 6 years ago
Jed always gives us a good read.

I enjoyed it, Jed, thank you.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 6 years ago
This is not complete

If it was just him stringing her along for redemption, it might be complete. However, you left several open ended issues unresolved. Was someone behind it, could it have been Ginger? Why didn't he have the courtesy to enlighten the other wife involved? Was it part of a social experiment for a paper the professor was going to write?

You have given us the equivalent of The Empire Strikes Back, without providing resolution in the form of Return of the Jedi. Your call to do so, but you shouldn't expect to be given full marks for an incomplete work.

Had this been completed, I would have scored it a 5. In it's current form, it is worth a 3, minus 1 for wasting my fucking time on a six page story with no end. Final score: 2

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous