DJ Pt. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Karen, thinking, "He has outgrown his winter jacket. It's old and too small for him now. I think he was 14 or 15 when he got that one, and he has grown some since then. Any help?"

"Thanks, Mom, that's a lot of help. I know if I buy one that fits me, it will fit him. We're about the same sizes all over." Karen smiled.

About 11:30 Jamie walked in the door, DJ stood up, Jamie removed his jacket and hung it up, then the two boys embraced and shared a romantic kiss. Karen was watching them, smiling, and appreciating how much love these two young men have for each other. Then Jamie walked over to Karen, hugged her and kissed her.

Karen served them bowls of macaroni, beef and tomatoes, and they finished off their meal with some of Karen's homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies and glasses of milk. Karen then handed Jamie the envelope from college. Jamie opened it, with some reservations, and looked at the grades.

Jamie stated. "Baby, I'll show you mine, if you show me yours."

DJ exclaimed, grinning, "Jamie, we already know what each other looks like!"

"Silly!" Jamie replied, "I'm referring to the grades." Karen almost lost it, giggling, but catching the connotation.

Jamie, looking at the letter, "Mom, I got A's in Math and English, and B's in Government and Psychology. I'm surprised I did that well in Government and Psychology, those classes were so boring!"

"It's probably good," Karen commented, "that you both did well in Math. Didn't you tell me you were going to be taking Algebra next semester? What is your class schedule for Spring Semester?"

"I've got a copy in my backpack, I'll get it," Jamie said, running to his room.

Jamie, returning to the kitchen table, "Here it is, Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the same. Algebra 1 at 9:00 AM, English 101 at 10:00 AM, and Intro to Computer Software at 11:00 AM. Then on Thursday from 9:00 AM to noon we have a Computer Software Lab, and on Thursday afternoon from 2:00 to 4:00 we have our fun class, Phys Ed, which is Volleyball. DJ, you do like to play volleyball, don't you?"

"I don't know, baby. I've never played it. You gotta consider where I grew up, 'bout the only thing the guys there did was shoot basketball, and I never really even had time for that, with having to watch over my siblings while Mama worked."

That comment brought tears to both Karen's and Jamie's eyes. Both Karen and Jamie realized, once again, that DJ had never had the opportunity to be a kid!

"Baby," Jamie responded, "I'm really sorry you got shafted so bad as a kid, but that's in the past. You have a new life now, and things will be better, I promise you! You have two sets of parents now that love you unconditionally, and a boyfriend that worships the ground you stand on."

Jamie stood up and walked behind DJ, then wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed him tenderly on the lips.

"I just don't know, about this volleyball thing," DJ stated, "do you know how to play it?"

"Kinda sorta," Jamie returned, "we played it a little bit in high school, maybe 3 or 4 times. I think you'll enjoy it, once we get into it, and the Phys Ed instructor will teach us how to play. That's why it's offered, as a class. We'll be fine, baby. Right now, though, we need to get some sleep, it's an early workday for both of us tomorrow, and it's already almost 1:00 AM. I'm due in at 11:00 AM and you're scheduled at noon, aren't you?" DJ nodded.

"If I plan breakfast for about 9:30 will that work?" Karen queried.

"That'll be fine, Mom," Jamie replied, grabbing DJ's hand and leading him towards their bedroom.

They removed their outer clothes, made a quick trip to the bathroom, then returned, dropped their boxer-briefs to the floor and snuggled up. Neither of them even thought about having sex, they were both tired and needed sleep. They fell asleep shortly, enjoying the sensation of their naked bodies lying against each other, and each with an arm wrapped around the other.

* * * * * *

Collectively, Christmas shopping will be relatively simple this year. Joe and I had already decided, as the honeymoon cruise had cost a pretty penny, and our half of the boys Disney trip was still quite a lot, and I'm still recovering from the cost of DJ's Tracker, we are not getting anything for each other for Christmas.

Jamie and DJ had decided that having each other was a great gift, and decided against swapping gifts for Christmas. Although Jamie had ordered a special pair of sexy swimming trunks for DJ, before they decided not to swap gifts.

Karen and Carl thought pretty closely the same way. Karen insisted they get some small gifts for Steve's kids, and they spent about $60 on some toys for the youngsters. They did take DJ's suggestion, and purchased a Laptop for Jamie, for his Birthday, and DJ went to the mall and found a nice warm blue winter jacket to give his boyfriend for his birthday, and had it gift wrapped.

Joe and I had told the boys that just having our family complete was all the Christmas present we needed, so save your money. Joe went to Target and picked up two nice flannel shirts for us to give to Jamie for his birthday, and had them gift-wrapped.

Jamie had noticed that both of his parent's house slippers were getting worn out, and went to Target and purchased some new replacements to give them for Christmas, and had them gift wrapped.

* * * * * *

Tuesday morning, December 19th is a little different. DJ is working his typical open to close, from 10 AM to 9 PM, Jamie is going in at 9:00 AM to help Anthony with the school orders and I am going in to help deliver school pizza orders at 10:30 AM today and tomorrow.

The boys were up and showering at 7:30 AM, and DJ started the coffee brewing. Jamie said he would just grab a couple sausage biscuits on the way, DJ and I have a little more time before we have to leave.

Randy is off today, but he and Daryl have an appointment to check out the house where Justin used to live. Daryl drove down from the city Monday night, and was able to spend the night with Randy at the hotel.

* * * * * *

It's 11:00 AM in room 106 at the Shady Inn, and Daryl's eyes fell open. He raised up on one elbow and is gazing onto his lover's face, and tempting lips. Temptation overcomes, and he lowers his lips onto Randy's lips, which respond in seconds. The two share a passionate kiss and hug, then both men are feeling the pleasure of their erections kissing each other down below.

"What a glorious way to wake up in the morning!" Randy exclaimed, "Did you sleep well, my love?"

"I always sleep well, when I sleep with the man I love! What time is our appointment with the real estate person?"

"1:00 PM," Randy replied, "Shit—it's after 11:00 already, we gotta get moving, babe! I know, after last night, that we both need a shower."

"You know," Daryl commented, "the beauty of making love in a hotel is that we don't have to worry about cleaning the sheets. The sixty miles between here and the city is killing me."

"Yeah, I know, it feels like a thousand miles sometimes," Randy stated, "but if we can bear just a couple more weeks, we'll be together, every night. I'm so happy that you got that transfer."

The two men jumped in the shower together, washed each other, helped each other get dry, and then got dressed to meet the outside world. Randy stopped at the office and requested that room service make up the bed with clean sheets. They stopped at Bojangle's and grabbed some breakfast then drove to the address of the house they were to check out, arriving at about 12:45. The realtor was not there yet.

While they were waiting on the realtor, Daryl and Randy checked out the back of the house, and the back yard. In the back corner of the yard was a children's swing set. They surmised that it might actually belong to Justin, the former occupant. It was a decent sized yard, large enough to entertain a few people, and secluded to the point where they likely could even have sex and the neighbors would be clueless. It also had a nice deck, right off the kitchen.

"Daryl, I think we should rephrase how we refer to each other. The term 'roommate' refers to two people sharing a single room, as we did in college when we were dorm mates. 'Housemates', on the other hand, refers to two or more people sharing the same house, and we can cover by stating that we have our own separate bedrooms. Isn't that why we wanted to rent a two bedroom house?"

"You're absolutely right, Randy, and that brings up another question, would you consider being my housemate?"

"Fool!" Randy laughed, "Only if we can share each other's beds once in a while, like, maybe once a day?"

"Randy, I love you!" Daryl blurted, and pulled Randy to him, planting a kiss on Randy's lips, just as the real estate guy walked into the back yard, unnoticed.

"Excuse me, am I interrupting something?" he questioned.

"Busted!" Randy exclaimed, his face turning red, "You're Brett?"

"It's Brad, not Brett, and you must be Randy Shultz?"

"That's me, and this is my part—housemate, Daryl Cartwright."

The three of us shared handshakes, and Brad smiled.

"Guys, relax," Brad stated, "this is far from the first time I've encountered same-sex couples, and I know it isn't the last. So, how long have you two been together?"

Daryl spoke, "Well, three years at the university, and..."

"Almost 4 years since graduation, so, going on 7 years all together," Randy completed the answer.

"Awesome," Brad commented, "You guys seem pretty stable. Shall we check out the house?" Brad led them to the front door.

When they walked in they were immediately inside a reasonably good sized living room, beyond that was a dining room, and then the eat-in kitchen, with no appliances. Coming back to the living room, at the right side was an open doorway into a hallway that had three doors on the right and a fourth door at the left end.

Going down the hall, the first door opened into a nice sized bedroom, the second into a large bathroom, and the last into another bedroom of equal size to the first. The door at the far end opened into the kitchen. The bathroom was very unusual, having a door from the hall, and doors on each side into the two bedrooms. There was no bathtub, but it had a huge shower, easily large enough for two adults. Daryl smiled when he saw that shower.

"Brad," Randy asked, "what is the rent for this house? And how long is the lease?"

"Six, plus a one month security deposit. It's a 2-year lease. I think it's quite reasonable. Of course that depends on you guys passing a credit check. Would it be in both of your names?"

"Daryl, let's go outside a minute, Brad, we'll be back in a few." Once outside, "What do you think, Hun?"

"I love the house, and I know I fell in love with that shower. $600 is $200 less than we are paying now for just a 1-bedroom apartment. We need to have appliances though. My biggest concern is, what if one or the other of our employers decides to move one of us somewhere else?"

"Southside usually makes it an offer, and we can decline, or accept," Randy replied, "how does CVS do that, I know you were able to get a transfer, by your choice. Are you comfortable with us doing this as a couple, in both of our names?"

"I think," Daryl responded, "after the last 7 years, I don't see an end to us anytime soon. I love you as much as ever, even more. I do think we should consider marriage, and maybe some family."

"Oh my god, babe, I never realized you might want kids, and I want to be a Daddy so bad! Let's go back in, and get those papers signed. We do need to push for appliances, though. We can ask."

"Well, guys," Brad queried, "What's the verdict?"

"Here's the situation," Randy explained, "we currently have an apartment in the city. We've been on a month to month since the lease expired. We have our own furniture, but the appliances belong to the apartment. Can you help us out with appliances?"

"Maybe," Brad replied, "new appliances would add $100 a month to the rent, but we could maybe come up with some used but serviceable appliances, Range, Fridge, Washer and Dryer, for maybe $50 extra a month."

"Hold on a minute!" Randy stated, "Daryl, if you were serious, about what we touched on a few minutes ago, we might be better off to get our own appliances."

Daryl, loving the way Randy is talking, "And then if, two or three years from now, we decide to buy a house, we'll have the appliances already, and they would probably be paid for."

Randy, smiling, "Brad, I think the verdict is in. We want the house, but we'll buy our own appliances." Daryl is nodding in agreement.

"Guys," Brad said, "It looks like a done deal, are you prepared to put some money on it? And when would you want to move in?"

"Daryl, did you bring your checkbook? I've got mine, one of us can pay the deposit, and the other can pay the first month's rent. I think we'd like to be moved in before New Years Day. Daryl isn't officially transferred here until January 1st."

Daryl, checkbook and pen in hand, "We figured we could get two days off together sometime between Christmas and New Years, and could make the move then. We would need the keys, probably, the day or two before Christmas."

"Fine," Brad smiled, "Let's get these papers signed. Assuming your checks and the credit check clears, I can drop the keys off to Randy at the store, probably on Saturday, the 23rd. Will that work? Then you'll have the whole week between Christmas and New Years, to get your appliances delivered and make your move."

Randy, smiling and taking Daryl's hand, "I think that will work just fine, Brad, and thank you for working with us."

They spent the next half an hour, filling out papers and signing them, both Daryl and Randy wrote out checks and gave them to Brad.

"Gentlemen," Brad stated, "It's been my pleasure to help you, and I don't foresee any problems. Please keep it in mind, that we not only handle rentals, but also sell homes. If you decide to buy a home in the future, I'll be more than happy to help you find one."

The three men walked out of the house, Randy and Daryl holding hands, and Brad locking the door behind all of them.

"Babe," Randy commented, "I know you have to drive back to the city tonight, but we still have a few hours. Shall we go shopping for some appliances?"

"Sure, hun, that would seem like a logical next step, and then maybe a nice place for dinner. You're coming up Christmas Eve aren't you?"

"That's my plan," Randy replied, "We're closing at 6:00, and I'm already collecting boxes at the store. I have a feeling we're going to spend Christmas Day packing. I hope you haven't bought me anything for Christmas."

"Actually, I've be procrastinating, what about you?"

"I think, considering this move, we should hold on to our money as there will likely be some other things we haven't planned on that will require money. We're going to have to rent a U-haul truck, and we'll probably need a deposit for the electric. I hope we'll have plenty of Christmas's in the future we can spoil each other with."

Daryl, chuckling, "Remember the day I caught you with grindr open on your phone?"

"Yeah, that was 7 years and three phones ago! I don't think I ever told you, but I deleted that app the next day," Randy confessed, "Somehow, I just knew I wouldn't need it anymore. I'm so glad we fell in love, the last seven years have been the best years of my life."

"I think, Babe, that was just the first seven years of a lifetime of love and happiness for us to share. I love you so much!"

The two went to Lowe's, purchased all the needed appliances in matching Stainless Steel finish, and made arrangements to have them delivered, but needed to confirm the delivery date for after they had received the keys.

* * * * * *

Thursday morning, December 21st, Randy received a phone call from Brad. Brad stated that everything was clear, and he could drop by the store to give Randy the keys. Randy told Brad that he was doubling today, and would be there until 9:00 PM that evening. Brad said he'd be there sometime in the afternoon.

Randy checked the schedule for Friday, he was opening and Gloria was coming in at 3:00 PM and closing. He then called Lowe's and made arrangements for the appliance delivery for Friday, after 4:00 PM.

Randy is wishing, at this time, that they had made another purchase, a bedroom suite for the spare bedroom. Oh, well, they can do without the other bedroom for now, but if they had it, Randy could actually move into the new house Friday evening, and get out of the Shady Inn.

* * * * * *

It's Sunday morning, December 24th, Christmas Eve and the day of Jamie's 20th Birthday Celebration (although his actual birthday isn't until December 25th). DJ, Jamie and I are all up at 8:00 AM, and looking out the window to see that it is snowing lightly with about 1" on the ground. DJ and Jamie are both due to work at 10:00 AM, I'm due at 3:00 PM.

Because of Jamie's Birthday, Anthony said he would get Jamie out early, and the drug store is closing at 6:00 PM tonight. We're hoping that Applebee's won't decide to close too early because of the snow, we have a reservation for 7:00 PM.

While I was preparing breakfast, Jamie and DJ both got dressed, and borrowed the broom to sweep the snow off their cars. DJ dug out his old boots and put them in the Tracker, just in case, but was wearing a pair of sneakers. He also took out an old jacket, and covered up the package in the rear of the Tracker that contained the new jacket he was giving Jamie, mainly to hide it.

By the time DJ and Jamie were ready to leave for work, about 9:30 AM, there was over 2" of snow on the ground. Jamie decided to leave his car here, and the boys both left in DJ's Tracker. My car was under the carport, so it wasn't getting covered with snow.

DJ parked next to Randy's car, Jamie walked over to the pizzeria and DJ entered the store to clock in.

Randy, as DJ clocked in, "DJ, I know it's not what you were hired for, but can I ask you to take this snow scraper and clean off the sidewalks around the store, and sprinkle some rock salt on the concrete?"

"Sure, Randy, do we have any gloves? I don't have any."

"DJ, go over to that rack and pick out the ones you want, and bring them to me, and I'll write them off, as well as a bag of rock salt."

DJ did as Randy requested, and was done and back in the store about thirty minutes later. Meanwhile, Evelyn called out, saying she was afraid to drive in the snow. Randy called me.

"Doug, I know you're not due in until 3:00 PM, but I'm in a bind. Can you come in ASAP, Evelyn called out, and I really need another cashier. I'm not accepting any delivery orders today, it's not worth taking the chance with this snow falling."

"Joe and I just sat down to breakfast, but I'll come in as soon as we finish. Is that OK?"

"That'll be fine Doug, and I really appreciate it, thanks," he hung up.

Joe, looking out the window, "I sure dread tonight. I know what a day like this brings, all kinds of fender benders, so many people don't know how to drive under these conditions. It's likely I won't make it to Jamie's birthday celebration, or if I do, I won't be able to stay more than a few minutes. I assume, from that phone call, you're needing to go to work early?"

"Yeah, the drawback of being cross trained as a cashier. I guess I'd better get ready, he wants me in ASAP. Randy's not accepting any deliveries today."

"Smart man, I'd be mighty uncomfortable knowing you were out there and making deliveries on these roads."

I got dressed, started my car to warm up, came back in and sprayed on a little cologne and finished my coffee. I kissed Joe goodbye and left for the store. When I got to the shopping center, I parked next to Gloria's car and wondered where Randy's car was.

* * * * * *