DJ Pt. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers

"2:00 PM."

"Did you plan to invite your coworkers?"

"I'd like to, but some of them will be working and cannot attend. DJ will need to be off, at least for that afternoon, as he is giving me away."

"Doug, I'm going to do something a little unorthodox. It's a very special day for you, and, if you wish to invite all the employees I will close the store from 1:00 to 5:00, for a 'special event' and you and DJ will both be scheduled off for that whole day."

"Randy," I responded, with wet eyes, "you're awesome! I'll bring the invitations in tomorrow." Randy smiled warmly.

Gloria came in at 4:00 PM to manage the evening shift, and relieve Randy.

Randy, on his way out, "DJ, can you do an OC tomorrow?"

"What's an OC?"

"Open to Close, 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM, I'm trying to get you a few more hours so your check won't be quite so short. You lost quite a few hours this week while you were having fun in the sun!"

"Sure, Randy, I can do that, see you tomorrow."

DJ is thinking, Justin said Randy promised to take care of me, and he seems to be keeping that promise. He is convinced that Randy really likes him, sometimes Randy actually favors him.

* * * * * *

Sunday morning DJ had set his phone alarm for 8:00 AM as he was due to work at 10:00, and work an 11-hour shift. Anthony had also asked Jamie to come in early, so both boys had a reason to rise early, and both were gone by the time Joe and I got up. Joe had picked up the invitations Saturday, and we had plans to address them today, and get the few that required mailing in the post office Monday.

DJ was ready to enter the store and a Notice on the front door grabbed his attention, it read: NOTICE! Store will be Closed Next Sunday January 14 from 1 PM to 5 PM for a Special Event.

Randy already had the doors unlocked. DJ entered then went back to the pharmacy to clock in. He clocked in as a trainer, and smiled.

"Randy," DJ inquired, "what's with that notice on the front door?"

"DJ," Randy replied, "what happens next Sunday, the 14th?"

"Well, it's the day of my Dad's wedding, but..."

"It's likely the most important day of your Dad's adult life, and he told me he wanted to invite all his coworkers. I don't want any of the employees here to not be able to attend his wedding because they have to work, so I'm closing the store for 4 hours."

"Randy," DJ remarked, pulling Randy close in a hug, "you've got a beautiful big heart!"

"I try, kid," Randy replied, "I really try. I think you may realize that I have an especially soft spot for our brothers and sisters."

* * * * * *

After Joe and I had some breakfast, I wiped the table off, and Joe placed the stack of invitations on the table. I had previously not seen them and looked at one of them. I was impressed, I never realized that they even made same sex wedding invitations. The front showed two men at an altar, and the minister doing the marriage ceremony. Pretty neat, then I looked inside and my tear ducts let loose.

Joseph V. Reynolds

And

Douglas R. Kendall

Request your attendance

to help us celebrate

the commitment of our love

and our lives to each other on

January 14th at 2:00 PM

At Anthony's Pizzeria

In the town square

Reception to follow ceremony

We are asking for NO GIFTS as

We already have the greatest gift

We have each other!

"Joe, is this a stock card?"

"Nope, I wrote the whole thing."

"It's beautiful," I commented.

There were really only a few cards that needed to be mailed. My list was short, one to Justin and Sherry, and one to Matt and his Mom, most of the rest would be hand delivered. I am hoping that Randy can help me get Justin's mailing address.

Joe and I spent the next 45 minutes putting names on envelopes and enclosing the invitations. His list was even shorter than mine, he had only one that needed mailing. He set three aside, one for his Captain, one for Mike, and one to post on the bulletin board at headquarters. He did address one to his sister and her husband, mostly out of courtesy. They're in California.

About 2:00 PM I started to get ready for work, and kissed Joe goodbye and left for the store about 2:30, taking three of the invitations with me. I arrived at 2:50 and saw the notice on the door when I entered. I walked back to clock in, and Randy was right there in the pharmacy.

"Randy, you were serious about closing the store, weren't you?"

"I am, Doug, do you have something for me?" I handed Randy the envelope with his and Daryl Cartwrights names on it.

Randy, looking at the invitation, "That's outstanding, Doug, and the inside is so touching. I hope Daryl can get that afternoon off, I know he would want to attend. I'm kind of hoping, that if Daryl sees you two lovers tie the knot, it might give him some inclination to think in that direction. I'll definitely be there, what are those?" he asked, pointing to the two that were still in my hand.

"One for Gloria and Jerry, and one to post for the rest of the crew."

Randy taped the one for the crew next to the printed schedule, where everyone would see it. I can give the one to Gloria when she comes in, any minute now, in fact, she's walking in now. Right after Gloria clocked in, I approached her.

"Gloria," I said, "I believe you requested this." and handed her the invitation. Gloria opened it, read it and smiled, then stashed it in her purse.

"I'm not sure if Jerry will come, it's a Sunday and he won't be working, but we'd probably be the only straight couple there. I will definitely be there."

"I'm certain there will be a few more straight people there, many of Joe's fellow police officers plan to attend, and most of them are straight and some may bring their spouses," I replied.

"I wonder if it's coincidence," Gloria commented, grinning, "that Randy is closing the store for four hours at the same time as your ceremony. Have you made arrangements for a cake?"

"I think Joe is getting a sheet cake from the market deli, with generic wedding decorations on it."

"Doug," Gloria stated, "I have a close friend, Marla, up in the city, and she specializes in making wedding cakes, out of her home. I know she has done at least 2 or 3 for same sex weddings. Would you like me to get a price from her?"

"Gloria!" I exclaimed, "Please do, that would be so much nicer than just a generic sheet cake! Please let me know, ASAP, We really appreciate you."

That night at about 8:00 PM when I returned from some deliveries, Gloria asked me to come to the back of the store.

"Doug, I have the information for you. Marla will do a two tier cake for $125, a three tier for $150, and $180 for a four tier, and that is a delivered price. She normally only delivers within 25 miles, but as a favor to me, she will deliver it down here."

"Wow, that's a little more than I expected," I replied.

"Doug!" Gloria exclaimed, "this is not exactly the kind of thing you can pick up at Wal-Mart, and it's a once-in-a-lifetime event! Don't cheat yourself over a few dollars. Let me know, as soon as you can make a decision."

At 8:45 PM, Gloria, Cindy, DJ and I were all back by the main computer getting ready to clock out at 9:00 PM.

"Doug," Cindy asked, "are we welcome to bring our spouse?"

"Of course," I replied, "or boyfriend, girlfriend, or best friend."

Gloria grabbed a fine point marker and wrote on the invitation, 'Please feel free to bring your S. O.' (Significant Other) and I smiled, approvingly.

"Cindy, DJ," Gloria requested, "go run your tally's and get your tills straight, so we can get out of here. Doug, hold up a minute."

"Gloria," I said, "I'm not very familiar with wedding cakes, and I really don't know how big of a one we need. I am realizing that there could be as many as 60 to 80 guests, so maybe your friend would have a better idea as to the proper size of the cake, and I would accept her judgement."

Cindy and DJ brought back the draws and set them on the table. Gloria said we could all go ahead and clock out. Cindy left and DJ locked the front doors behind her and returned to the back.

Gloria spoke, "Doug, I also learned something from Marla today that I didn't previously know, her husband does wedding photography, and he'll do a wedding package for an extra $100."

"Oh, I don't know, Gloria, I think just the cake will be fine."

"Gloria," DJ spoke up, "we'll opt for the photo package, Dad, we need this, for our memories. I'll pay for it!" Gloria smiled.

"It's only 9:00, let me see if I can get Marla on the phone," Gloria remarked, making the call. She got an answer.

"Marla, Gloria here, I hope it's not too late to call you. Doug expects they will have between 60 and 80 guests, and needs to know what size cake they should get."

Marla, on the phone, "A three tier should be fine for 60 to 80 people, and that would be $150. I always keep a couple of figures on hand, and I do have one of two grooms. I need to have a confirmation ASAP, as I currently have no others for the 14th, and it's first come, first serve."

"Hold on a minute, Marla."

"Doug, Marla says a three tier should do it, and she has no weddings scheduled for that date, do you want to commit now?" Gloria is nodding her head.

"Yeah, go ahead, I'll commit," I answered.

Gloria, to Marla, "A three tier it is, and Doug's wonderful Son, DJ has opted for the photo package, and is paying for that separately." Gloria, referring to DJ as Doug's son caused DJ to beam.

Marla is talking.

Gloria, "The wedding and reception are at Anthony's Pizzeria, right here in the Town Square shopping center. The ceremony is scheduled for 2:00 PM, next Sunday, the 14th. Thank you very much, I'll see you then, girlfriend." They hung up.

"Well guys," Gloria stated, "It's all taken care of, I've never attended a gay wedding before, and I'm so exited. You guys have both grown on me, and I like both of you, a lot."

"Gloria," DJ commented, smiling, "my Dad is gaining a wonderful husband, and I'm gaining a terrific step-dad, our family will be complete! It's a beautiful dream coming true."

We all left the store, Gloria locking the doors behind us. I noticed that Jamie's car was parked next to DJ's Tracker in the parking lot and was running.

"Dad," DJ stated, "Jamie and I haven't seen Matt since we got back, and he wants us to come out, and spend the night, since Jamie and I are both off tomorrow. I hope you don't mind."

"You know that Joe and I miss you guys, when you're not there, but you also have your own lives to live, and you and Matt are also best of friends. Of course I don't mind, you guys have fun."

Jamie, getting out of his car and giving me a hug, "Hi Dad, did DJ tell you we are spending the night at Matt's?"

I answered, chuckling, "Yeah, just now he told me! You know, you guys have a job to do, back at the house?"

"We do?" DJ asked.

"Yes, there's a matter of some Christmas Decorations that need to be stored away, and the tree is losing its needles. Do you think you guys can take care of that tomorrow, sometime?"

"Sure, Dad," DJ answered, "we can do that when we come back from Matt's, where should we store the stuff?"

"I think you can find room on the top shelf of that walk-in closet at the end of the hall. The tree can go out by the trash container, and they will pick it up, along with the trash."

"Dad," Jamie remarked, "by the time you get home tomorrow night, you'll never know that tree was ever there."

"Do you want to bet?" I said, "I have pictures, and I'll never forget DJ's first Christmas Tree."

"Second one, Dad, "Jamie said, smiling, "his first one was helping me decorate the one at Mom and Dads. DJ, I've already got my car warmed up, why don't you leave yours here, and we can pick it up tomorrow. Let's get to Matt's house."

"Goodnight, boys, and say 'Hi' to Matt and Annie for me." Both boys said they would.

* * * * * *

I went home alone, fixed some supper for Joe and myself, and waited on his return from work at 11:00 PM. We went to bed soon after we ate, and I explained the rather eventful evening at work, and how Gloria had come up with the friend that made wedding cakes, and I had ordered a real wedding cake for us. And also that DJ had opted for the cake bakers' husband to photograph our wedding for posterity.

"That's wonderful, baby, I really wanted for us to have a real wedding cake, and I had checked with three bakery's and none of them were willing to make a cake with just groom figurines on top. It will also be great to have photographs of our special day. I've not met Gloria, but I think I like her a lot, sight unseen."

"Joe, there was a notice on the door when I went in to work, saying that the store was going to be closed from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM next Sunday, for a 'Special Event', Randy is closing the store, so that the employees can attend our wedding! What do you think of that?"

"I think that Randy is an exceptional manager, one of a kind, and I can't wait to meet him, and Gloria! I wonder how many of the workers will actually attend? Baby, let's hold each other while we go to sleep."

* * * * * *

While Jamie drove to Matt's house, DJ texted Matt to let him know they would be there in about 10 minutes. Matt was watching for them.

Matt, swinging the door open, "Come on in guys!" in his new, lower voice.

DJ, chuckling, "I love your new voice, but it's going to take some getting used to." The three boys hugged and kissed on the cheeks.

"MOM!" Matt hollered, "DJ and Jamie are here!" Annie appeared.

"Welcome, boys, did you bring your pajamas?" Annie asked.

"No," DJ replied, "We both usually sleep nak—just in our underwear."

Annie, grinning, "Let me show you to your rooms, one of you can have this room, and the other can have this one."

"Annie," Jamie spoke, "we both really sleep better, when we sleep together, and were used to sharing a bed."

"Well, maybe this one would be the best, it has its own bathroom. Make yourselves at home, I'm preparing some snacks for you guys." Annie returned to the kitchen, and the boys all sat at the table in the dining room.

Jamie spoke, "I see you got rid of the bandage, Matt."

"Yeah, the doc took it off Friday, all I have now is this (pointing) small incision, if I wear a high collar shirt or a turtle neck, I can pretty well hide it. Doc says in a year or so it will hardly be noticeable at all.

Jamie, smiling, "I still can't get over your voice, Matt."

"You! I've been talking now for over 2 weeks, and it still surprises me, every time I open my mouth to speak!" Matt grinned.

Annie brought in some small plates, glasses, and a big pitcher of fruit punch, then brought in a big platter of chicken strips, fried mushrooms, buffalo wings, jalapino poppers, and cheese sticks and then brought small bowls of ranch, blue cheese and honey mustard dressings for dipping.

"Wow, Annie, " Jamie stated, "This is just a good as Applebee's."

"Hey," Annie replied, "I gotta take care of my boys, don't I?"

"You're a terrific host, Annie," DJ complemented.

"So," Annie asked, sitting down while the boys all dug in. "are you going to tell us about your Disney experience?"

DJ and Jamie spent the next hour telling Matt and Annie about their vacation. Matt cracked up when they told about the girls chasing them, and trying to get them into their beds, which didn't work.

Matt, DJ and Jamie were up chatting until nearly 2:00 AM and finally went to bed. Matt said that DJ and Jamie would have been welcome to share his bed, but his Mom would never allow that.

DJ and Jamie went to their assigned bedroom, and stripped to their boxer-briefs and cuddled together for sleep, and Matt knocked on their door, and was invited in. Matt sat on their bed, and the three boys chatted for another half an hour, until DJ and Jamie started to doze off, then went to his own room and went to bed. Matt loves having these guys around.

* * * * * *

Monday morning Annie was up about 10:00 but none of the boys got up until about 11:30. She fed them a nice breakfast, and DJ spent quite a lot of time explaining the wedding, and how his step-granny was coming from California, and how anxious DJ was to meet her.

The boys finally left Annie and Matt's house, and headed towards home about 3:00 PM. I was already at work when they picked up the Tracker and went to our house, and they did as they said they would. They undecorated the tree, and packed up the decorations, including the inflated snowman, and stored everything away.

When I got home from work about 9:20 I noticed that Jamie's car was there, and the Tracker was gone. There was a note on the table that they had gone to WAWA to pick up subs for all of us, and they would be back shortly. It amazes me, for 20 year olds, how thoughtful they always are.

The boys returned with the subs, and I ate mine with the boys, saving half of a giant sub for Joe when he gets home. DJ has to open with Gloria Tuesday morning, and usually works 10-9 on Tuesdays, so they went to bed right after we ate. I waited up for Joe, knowing he should be home about 11:00.

Joe and I headed to bed about 11:30 PM, and fell asleep shortly.

(to be continued)

Coming in part 17

Joe's Mom comes to visit and

DJ meets his Granny

Finally, Doug and Joe get Married

A real surprise during the wedding

DJ and Jamie receive pleas from Bryan

o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers