DJ Pt. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"OK, that's out of the way, Doug, have you ever made a will?"

"No," I replied, "until recently I never had anyone I wanted to leave anything to, but now I have a husband and a son, and they both mean the world to me!"

"We need to determine your assets, Doug, any real estate?"

"Just my house, and it's been paid off, five years ago."

"What about financial holdings, stocks, bonds, anything else of financial value?"

"I have a small savings account, around $1100, and of course the checking account, and that value varies from day to day."

"Automobiles, boats, airplanes?"

"I have my 2008 Toyota, which is paid off, and I put DJ's Tracker in my name, for insurance purposes, and I owe quite a bit on that."

"Doug, I'm going to suggest that you will everything, jointly, to your spouse and your son, unless there are certain items you specify to go to one or the other of them, or to anyone else."

"How would that work, Steve?"

"It offers maximum protection for both of your loved ones. For instance, if Joe decided to sell the house, he could not do it, unless DJ signed off, and both of them would receive half of the proceeds. In such a situation, Joe could not decide to start charging DJ rent, nor could he evict DJ, as DJ would own half of the house, and vice verse."

"I might be a little skeptical," I commented, "if I thought there was any animosity between Joe and DJ, but I've never heard an angry word between those two. I think I like that kind of will."

"Doug," Joe lamented, "DJ may only be my step-son, but I think you know that I love DJ every bit as much as you do. Steve, I just want what is best for DJ, and this seems like the most logical approach for Doug's will."

"Doug, is this a go?" Steve asked.

"Let's get it done, thanks, Steve."

"I'll have the papers done and printed by Friday morning, Doug, if you'll come in anytime Friday, and sign all three copies, and they need to be notarized. It just so happens that we have a notary public right in the front office, Brenda will be happy to notarize them for you. One copy gets filed with the county clerks office, the other two are for Joe and DJ."

"Thank you so much, Steve, I think I feel better now."

"Two more things, Joe, how up to date are your insurance policies?"

Joe, looking down, "OK Steve, I'll make an appointment, but I can tell you right now, it's going to be a replica of today."

"Guys, did you know DJ baby sat for us a few days ago? I gotta show you this picture I took when Val and I walked in the door!"

Steve reached for his phone and brought up the photo of DJ, Jamie and little David all asleep on the sofa, and showed it to Joe and me. Joe and I had no choice but to grin.

"Oh my god," I exclaimed, "that is so sweet, and so precious."

"I had to capture it," Steve said, "I'm going to get some prints made, and I'll make sure you get one. Joe, don't forget to make that appointment, it's important."

Joe and I walked out of Steve's office and I prepared to pay the fee, and Brenda told us there was no charge, as we are family.

Joe, on the way back to my car, "I didn't think any lawyer ever did anything for free!"

"I guess maybe they do," I replied, "if it's for family, and I am proud to have Steve Jones as part of my extended family."

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile, at noon on Wednesday, DJ and Jamie are leaving campus and heading for dinner at the Seldon's. Jamie had explained to DJ about the conversation he'd had with Bryan and Phil.

"Jamie, are you going to approach your parents today, about Bryan and Phil?"

"I did tell them I would ask today, and see what their reaction is," Jamie replied, "I really don't know what they will say, if it's a flat out 'no' I can tell the boys that it's not an option."

When Jamie and DJ walked into the kitchen, the aroma of Karen's culinary skills was enough to make anyone hungry! Granny and Carl were sitting at the table, DJ and Jamie did their duty to kiss and hug the old lady, as well as Karen, and gave Carl a hug also.

"Mom, Dad," Jamie spoke, "Can we talk?"

"Honey," Karen stated, "There's never been a time we couldn't talk, just speak it."

"I'm not sure how to—I don't know—how to say what I need to say, I'm needing a favor—a really big favor!" Jamie couldn't seem to find his tongue.

"DJ," Karen queried, "do you know what this is about?"

"Yeah, Mom, it's about Phil and Bryan—they need help!"

"Are Bryan's parents causing trouble?" Carl asked.

"No, at least not yet, Phil got a room at the Shady Inn, and they're both staying there," DJ explained, "the room is $125 a week, and they're living on carry outs and junk food."

"They want to get a cheap apartment," Jamie finally found his tongue, "but it's costing them so much to eat, and the room rent, they can't save money for a deposit, and the first months rent on an apartment."

"After Bryan's father kicked Phil out," DJ added, "he was in a shelter for two weeks, then he got this job as a dishwasher at Denny's, and rented that room at the motel. Neither one of them make very much money, but they both work, and Phil had to drop out of college."

"I told them yesterday," Jamie said, "that I would ask you, if maybe, after Granny moves into her new place, you could let them stay here for a few weeks, so they can save up some money to get their own apartment."

"They're really nice boys," DJ said, "they don't drink, smoke or do drugs, and they're friends of ours."

"Karen," Carl motioned to her to come with him. Karen turned off the stove burners and followed Carl to the bedroom. He closed the door.

"Sweetheart," Carl said, "you know if we take them in, most of the extra work is going to fall on you. I think I'm getting soft in my middle age, but my heart is hurting for those two boys, especially after what Bryan's parents have done."

"Aggie will be moving into her new place in a few days, and we do have the other spare bedroom that Phil and Bryan could use, so we don't need to wait until Aggie is gone. Honey, if you're up for the challenge, I have no problem with it."

"Carl, it can't be too much worse having four young men here to cook for, instead of two, and I kind of enjoy the company."

"So your up for it?" Carl asked. Karen nodded a yes and Karen and Carl went back to the kitchen.

Carl, trying to keep a stern facial expression, "Boys, you mother and I have discussed this, and the ramifications, and decided that—the Seldon Hotel can handle two more guests! The other spare bedroom can be occupied now!" He then grinned.

"Jamie, when does their current weeks rent run out at the motel?" Carl asked

"Let me call Phil and find out," Jamie answered.

Jamie called Phil, and he answered, "Phil, Dad wants to know when your rent period ends, when do you have to move out, or pay another week."

"By 2:00 PM on Saturday," Phil answered.

"Well, guess what," Jamie said, grinning, "It's Wednesday, you guys better start packing, you're all done there by Saturday noon."

"Are you serious, Jamie!" Phil exclaimed, "Bryan and I can stay at your parents home?"

"Don't get too excited, Phil, it's only until you and Bryan can get your own apartment."

"Jamie, Bryan just left for work about 15 minutes ago, now I gotta wait until he gets home to tell him. Are you sure this is for real?"

"It's for real, Phil, my parents don't lie, catch you later."

"Mom, Dad," Jamie remarked, "you just made four young men very happy," then, looking at the clock, "Crap, I'm gonna be late, I was supposed to be at work at 3:00 and it's 2:45 now, I gotta run."

"DJ," Karen asked, "you're not working today?"

"Nope, I usually do deliveries on Wednesdays for Dad's day off, but he wanted to work today and take tomorrow off. My Dads' met a couple on the cruise from Cleveland, and they're driving back, and Dads' invited them to spend a couple days in NC. Dads' are taking them to the Waterhole tomorrow night so I'm working my Dad's delivery shift tomorrow."

"If I understood right," Aggie commented, "you and Carl are taking two other young men, friends of DJ's and Jamie's, into your home?"

"That's how it is Mom," Karen explained, "Phil and Bryan were living at Bryan's home, and Bryan's Dad went crazy and kicked Phil out several weeks ago. He accused Phil of being a pervert, and trying to make Bryan gay, then they put all these restrictions on Bryan, and told him he couldn't even have any male friends, and made his life a hell on earth, DJ you can probably tell this better than I can."

"Bryan caught up with us at school, and asked for Jamie's and my help. Phil had dropped out of school and was working, and has a room at the Shady Inn Motel. Jamie and I helped Bryan move out from his parent's house and in with Phil at the motel. Phil and Bryan want to get an apartment, but it is costing so much for them to live in the motel, that they can't save enough money to rent an apartment. Mom and Dad are going to let them stay here for a while, until they can get on their feet, and get their apartment."

Granny, tears trickling down her cheeks, "So are these boys gay?"

"We've never been told that," Karen said, "but two boys that are over 20 years old that have been sleeping together for over three years, what would you think?" DJ is nodding in affirmation.

"Parents like Bryan's don't deserve to have kids!" Granny exclaimed, "Are these boys as nice as my grandsons?"

"I don't know," Karen snickered, "We haven't met them yet, but they probably are nice, Jamie and DJ don't have time for jerks!"

"Granny," DJ stated, "they are nice, and I think you'll like them."

Carl had disappeared into the bedroom, and came out dressed in his work clothes. It was nearly 3:30 PM, he kissed Karen sweetly, and told the rest of them goodbye, and headed to work. Granny said it was time for her nap, and headed to her room and lay down. Karen put away the leftovers, and relaxed on the sofa, starting her nap. DJ didn't have anything to do, so he decided to just relax on the bed for a while, and soon fell asleep also.

(to be continued)

As always, comments are appreciated!

Part 22 is promising to be fun.

Coming in Part 22

Phil and Bryan move in

Joe and Doug entertain their new friends

Cleveland boys learn southern hospi-nudity

DJ and Jamie receive a threat