DJ

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"DJ, Is your mama working today?"

"Yeah, I think she is leaving about 1:30. I have to be there when the young ones get home from school, about 3:00. It's Friday, and I don't think she will be home until after 10:00"

"Do you have a cell phone, DJ? Or a house phone?"

"No, Mama has one, but she always takes it with her, and we don't have a house phone."

"You have to have a phone, DJ. Does your mama work on weekends?"

"I do want to get a phone, when I can save up the money. Mama usually does work weekends, but I don't know when. I have to be there when she is at work to watch over the kids."

"DJ, try to get away for a while on Saturday or Sunday to catch up with me at the drug store, between 3:00 and 9:00, OK?" Then, "If you have to be home at 3:00 you probably need to leave now." As I hug my DJ, and kiss him on the cheek, "Keep your chin up, things will get better! I promise."

DJ hopped on his bike and headed home. I got in my car and headed to Chick Fillet for a sandwich, and then on to work. I made a quiet decision to get DJ a phone. He definitely needs one, and I know he can't afford it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Shortly after arriving at work, I received the word that Cynthia, one of the clerk/cashiers, had given her 2 weeks notice. I talked with Justin, the Manager, and told him I had an excellent candidate to replace her. He told me to take an application to them, and he would consider my endorsement, and would certainly give them an interview. I took an application and stashed it in my car. The rest of Friday went pretty much as normal.

Saturday morning went pretty much as normal. As I sat at the table having my morning coffee, I could visualize DJ, sitting in the other chair. I've never felt so lonely in my own house, as I did today. I did fix a light lunch and left early for work, as I needed to stop by the cell phone store to pick up a phone for DJ. It didn't take as long as I thought it might, and I actually pulled up at the pharmacy about a half an hour early. About 2 minutes after I got parked, DJ and his bike were at my car window.

"Hi Doug, I'm glad you got here a little early. I have to be home soon cuz Mama needs to leave for work by 3:00 PM. I really wanted to see you for a few minutes today."

"Well, DJ, that just what we have! A few very precious minutes!" Then I added, "Come on in and sit," while pointing at the passenger seat.

While DJ was walking around to the other side of the car, I reached into the back seat, retrieving the plastic bag containing DJ's new phone. When DJ got seated, I handed him the bag.

"Here you go, DJ," I said, "I took the liberty of programming my number into your phone and, of course, yours into mine. It's new, and you may need to charge it soon."

DJ opened the bag, holding the new LG phone in his hand, and displayed mixed emotions on his face. First he smiled, than teardrops ran down his face.

"Doug, why?" DJ questioned, "You didn't have to do this."

"Yes I did!" I answered. "If nothing more, I need to know that if you need me you can reach me. I mean, 24/7. You're a precious young man, and you are wanted, not just for sex, but because I care about you as a terrific human being that deserves more than what you have ever had!"

"DJ, have you considered getting, at least, a part time job?"

"I have applied for several jobs. There is always the problem that I need to help Mama by taking care of the kids while she works, and also the phone number is hers. I feel like she does not want me to work."

"Do you think you would like to work here at the drug store? They are going to need a part time clerk/cashier soon. I told Justin, the manager, that I thought I could recommend someone, and he told me he would interview anyone I recommended. You would need to fill out an application."

"I could do that, but I doubt it would work. I'd probably just be wasting my time."

I stated, handing DJ the application, "At least you can give them your phone number now, and you will get an interview."

DJ took the application, and put it in the bag with the cell phone. I knew he had to leave, as it was nearly 3:00. He thanked me for everything and left. I have never been married, but if I had been, I would have loved to have a son just like DJ. I walked into the store and clocked in.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sunday morning I am sitting at the table, having coffee. My phone rang, looking at the screen, I know my face brightened, it was DJ!

"Hi DJ," I answered, cheerfully, "What's up?"

"Doug, I've been working on that application. It wants three personal references. I don't know who to list. Is it all right if I put your name in as one?"

"DJ!" I almost shouted, "I'd be really hurt if you didn't. I'll give you the best damn reference anyone could give!"

"I'm about done with the rest of it. Do you think it would be alright to turn it in on a Sunday?"

"I don't know why not. Do it early today, and I will follow up when I go in to work at 3:00. I will let Justin know that you are the candidate I was telling him about Friday."

"Thanks, Doug, bye." DJ hung up.

Wow, DJ sure is short on the phone. I wanted to ask him something, and he'd already hung up. I called him back.

"Hi Doug, now I know what my phone sounds like when it rings."

"DJ, I wanted to see f we are still on for tomorrow night."

"As far as I know. Is it still ok with you?"

"Of course. I'm looking forward to it. At least now, if anything changes or pops up, we can make contact. I worry about you DJ. Please let me know if you need me, ok?"

"Doug, I'm not used to anyone worryin' about me. I'm a big boy, and I'll be fine."

"OK DJ, just sayin'. I hope to see you tomorrow night, about 9. Have a good day, I love you."

"You too, Doug. Don't work too hard, I love you too."

We hung up, but the last few words haunted me. I had told DJ I loved him, then he said he loved me too. I think it's pretty true, I do think we love each other, not as 'lovers' per se, but more as very close friends. Maybe, friends with benefits?

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I went in to work Sunday afternoon, walking into the store a few minutes early. I asked Justin if he had received DJ's application.

"I have an app from a Dewain Jovan Jackson. He seemed like a nice kid, but he has no work experience at all." Justin said, shaking his head a little. "Did you know he spent a year in military school?"

"That's DJ," I said, "Justin, he has been doing yard work for me, and I've gotten to know him very well. He doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs. His daddy was into drugs, and is in prison right now. He's had a pretty rough home life, and, Justin, he really needs a break. About military school, that's something I didn't know about, until now."

"I was looking," Justin replied, "for someone to replace Cynthia, and she normally works evenings. He put his available hours as mornings, and needs to be off by 3:00 PM on weekdays. That would cause me a scheduling nightmare."

"I can explain that, Justin," I said. His mother works at Wal-Mart, and he has two younger siblings. His mother is using DJ as an unpaid baby sitter, and DJ has to be home to watch over them on the days that she works evenings and on weekends."

"Justin, DJ doesn't know it yet, but I have every intention of getting him out of that hell hole he lives in, ASAP. I don't think I will have to work on him very hard, to convince him to move into my home. That would eliminate the hour availability problem. Justin, I'm begging you, give him a chance, and I am certain you will be pleased with his performance. And your customers will love him, he's a charmer!"

"Ok Doug, I will arrange for an interview with him tomorrow. If I hire him, and he doesn't work out, I'll never accept another recommendation from you again. I think there are some deliveries ready."

"Thanks, Justin, that's all I can ask, and I am sure you'll be pleased."

Sunday is typically slow, and there weren't too many deliveries. About 7:00 Justin cut me, and I left. Most of the time I usually eat out, but since it was early, I decided to get some real food at the grocery and cook a simple dinner at home. Right after I got into the kitchen, my phone rang, and it was DJ.

"Hi DJ, Is everything ok?"

"Are you busy?"

"I'm never to busy to take your call, and, anyway, it was slow and Justin cut me early, I'm home."

DJ, excitement in his voice, "Guess what, Doug? Your boss is going to interview me tomorrow!" Then, "He wants me there at 10:00 AM."

"That's great, DJ," now listen up. "Try to be there a few minutes early, be clean shaven, dressed nicely, smell good, and—just put your best foot forward. And try not to be too nervous."

"Doug, I don't even have a suit, and all my pants are jeans or shorts."

"Do you have a button down shirt, or a polo?"

"I have a polo shirt."

"Ok fine, wear that, and the slim jeans you wore the day I met you, and your best looking sneakers. You'll be fine." I said, "DJ? Call me afterwards, and tell me how it went."

"Doug, Thank you for everything, and thank you for being my best friend. I love you!"

"Love you too, DJ. Goodnight." We both hung up.

'Damn,' I'm thinking to myself. I can't remember the last time anyone captured my emotions the way DJ has. I absolutely adore this young man, not so much as a potential soul mate, but as a friend. Oh, sure, he's attractive, and I love his beautiful cock, but it's so much deeper, and more than just a sexual attraction.

I'm going to have that 'serious talk' with him sometime between tomorrow night and Tuesday. More than anything, I need to get him out of that project, and get him here, where I can share my love with him. I'm going to offer him my home, where he will be safe and secure, and know that he is precious and wanted. I wonder what his reaction will be.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Monday morning I woke to a rainy day. It was about 8:00, and I am immediately concerned, wondering how DJ is going to get to the store for his interview, without getting soaked. I need to pick him up and deliver him but I do not know his address. I need to call him.

"Hi Doug. Is everything OK?"

"With me, yes. I think I need to pick you up, so you can get to your interview without getting soaked."

"No Doug. I don't want Mama to see someone picking me up. She will ask too many questions. I have an umbrella, and I will walk. I need to hang up!"

Wow, he was really short with me this morning. I am hoping he is ok. After drinking four cups of coffee, I look at the clock. It's almost 10:30. I'm wondering how DJ's interview is going. I would call him, but it might interrupt the interview. Please, DJ, call me.

Finally, at almost 11:00, my phone rings. "DJ! Are you OK?"

"I'm fine Doug. Are you ok?"

"I'm a little better now. You were awfully short with me earlier."

"I'm sorry, Doug. Mama doesn't know I have this phone, and I don't want her to know. I have to keep it on vibe at the house, so nobody will hear it. And when you called, I hung up so they wouldn't hear me talking, and know I had it."

"Wow, talk about secrecy, I didn't know."

"The less my family knows about my private life, the better."

"How did the interview go?"

"Pretty good, I think. Justin said he would call me later and let me know what his decision is. I didn't want him to call when Mama was around, so I asked if he could text me instead, and I could get back to him. He looked at me kind of strangely. Now that you know the situation, maybe you could relay that information to him when you go in today? Please?"

"Will do, partner! I love you DJ, and I'm looking forward to tonight."

"Love you too, see you about nine."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

When I went in to work that day, Justin motioned me to join him at the back of the store.

"Doug, I interviewed your boy today. I have to say, he impressed me. He has an extremely captivating personality, and you cannot help but like him. He is going to need considerable training, but I think he is worth the investment of time and money. He seems willing to learn and anxious to please, and those are some of the qualities I look for."

"I'm planning to take him on, probably starting Wednesday morning. I don't understand him not wanting me to call him, he asked me to text him. I do kind of wish his name wasn't so weird, it's hard to remember. He also stated, on his application, that he doesn't have a driver's license."

"I think I can explain that," I said, "He wants to get ahead, but his mother wants to keep him for a built in baby sitter. I got him that phone, and he doesn't want his mother to know he has it. He and I are going to have a serious chat tonight and/or tomorrow morning. I desperately want to remove him from the horrid home environment he lives in, as I have told you. And as for the name, he goes by DJ, anybody can remember that."

I added, "He does have some ambitions. He wants to start at CC in the fall. I didn't know he didn't have a driver's license, and he will need that before he starts school, as well as a car. We will work on that soon. Justin, I really appreciate you giving him a chance."

"Justin, please don't ever say anything to DJ about what I am about to share with you. He was a love child, and his father has said a few times, that they should have had him aborted!"

Justin, his face transformed to a look of utter shock, "My god, Doug. That's a terrible scar to leave on a child. I've known of young people to take their own life for less than that. Thank you for sharing that. DJ needs all the love and compassion we can give him. No wonder you wanted to take him under your wing. I know you will be a good adopted father to him."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

My workday is finished. I've left the store, and I'm sitting in my car. It's 9:10 PM, and DJ should be here. Knowing his Mama is likely home, I'm reluctant to phone him. Wait, he said he keeps his phone on vibe in the house. I called, it's ringing, 6 now 7 times, and no answer. DJ, don't do this to me. I'm ready to panic. Let me give him a little more time, maybe his Mama was late getting home. It's almost 9:30, my phone rings, it's DJ.

I frantically answered, "DJ, Talk to me!"

DJ, crying, "Mama was late getting home,I know I'm late,Can I ask a big favor?Pick me up, bus stop,5th and Elm?"

"I'm on my way DJ, I'll be there in five minutes."

I squealed out of the parking lot. I know the city well, as I headed toward DJ's part of town. Elm Street has never been so far away as it is tonight. I cannot fathom what could have happened, that would upset DJ so much. I'm passing the number streets, 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, 6th, arriving at 5th.

My precious DJ is sitting in the bus stop with his overstuffed backpack. He threw it in the back seat, and sat on the front passenger side. I pulled a couple of facial tissues from the console and handed them to DJ. He wiped his eyes and face off and blew his nose. It looked like he had finally finished crying.

"OK, first off, this is supposed to be a dinner date," I said, "Where would you like to eat?"

"No place. I'm not hungry." This did not surprise me.

"Ok sweetheart, what's happened? What in the fuck is going on? Spill it!"

"Doug, you've been so kind to me. This is the last time you'll see me. I have to leave."

"You can't leave, DJ, you're starting a new job Wednesday."

"I'll call Justin tomorrow, and tell him I can't accept the job."

We are pulling into my driveway. I'm glad we are home, it hard to drive with tears filling your eyes. I know I can't let DJ just slide out of my life like this. Whatever is going on with DJ, I need to get to the bottom of it.

To be continued...

12