All Comments on 'Dog Days'

by sleeplessgurl

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
NeonGeckoNeonGeckoover 13 years ago
Awesome tale

Congratulations on a very well written story. The location description is wonderfully detailed, almost as if I was there and was witness to the unfolding scene first hand. I look forward to reading more of your skilled work in futureā€¦

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
Just Slow Enough

The way you slowly unfolded the story was wonderful. It was almost as if the slow life found in the marsh set the stage for the pace of the story. It just fell together perfectly. Even the sexual pace was nice and slow, yet very erotic. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

RichardDarkRichardDarkover 13 years ago
Great story and characters

You did a great job of illustrating your story with word pictures. Your descriptions of the area, the weather, the people, all made me feel like I was there in the story. Great writing. Plus, I loved the line at the end, about the "conversation that would last for years," giving us the assurance that this was the beginning of a wonderful relationship--that it wasn't just a wham bam thank you ma'am kind of thing. Looking forward to more from you.

(BTW, I have been a frequent contributor to Literotca, under a different pseudonym. For personal reasons I have had to change it--But I will be writing more soon under this new name. God bless.)

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 13 years ago
Lovely, very sweet story

Congratulations. Well paced, well expressed, nicely drawn characters, great sex.

Lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
simply excellent

This is just outstanding work. Very good story line and excellent character development. One of the best authors on this site. qwe

AmbidentrousAmbidentrousover 13 years ago
Thank you!

This was a lot of fun to read. The pace did what it was supposed to- built up a lot of energy that you didn't waste. I'll be watching you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Even more Awesome!

After reading your Earth Day story, had to check out something else and wasn't surprised at all how good Dog Days was - again, just awesome - great character building and so very well-written. Looking forward to reading more of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Excellent

Even as an older, somewhat stale and disillusioned male, I am really enjoying your contributions. As expressed by many of the other readers, keep them coming. You have a talent for excellent story telling (in general) - and can combine this with titilating erotica

ShyChiWriterShyChiWriteralmost 13 years ago
I loved this

Yeah...that was hot. But you know what I loved the most? The last sentence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
More Please

This is my favorite story of yours so far. Please write more stories!!!

skip2951skip2951almost 13 years ago
great

ist time reader of your stories.....great well written...smooth and hot....more please

ktmccollktmccollover 12 years ago
Amazing

Thank you for one of the most memorable and well-crafted stories that I've read on Lit. You've hit the mark in terms of pacing and plot, not to mention the climax. It's a reminder to me as well that great erotica is built on a foundation of realistic and well-developed characters. Nicely done!

Jason_NYCJason_NYCover 12 years ago
As hot and sultry as a late August afternoon

A sensitive and perfectly crafted story that seethes with desire and builds with the slow, laguid pace of a sizzling summer afternoon to an impossibly arousing climax.

The dialog (both spoken and interior) is pitch perfect, the sense of place (summer cottage by a lake) is palpable, and Bobby/Rob and Jess are richly drawn and likable characters that will stay with you long after their tale is told.

Written with insight, humor and rare beauty. The best Summer/Spring romance I've ever read.

cbsummerscbsummersabout 12 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you for this wonderful story of love and sex. I particularly enjoyed how he was able to make her squirt for the first time ever. I once met a couple at a swinger club that had a similar experience. She'd never even suspected she could do it, but he knew just how to make her squirt by rubbing a specific spot in a specific way. He was kind enough to demonstrate for me how he could make her squirt within seconds. It was amazing to behold, and it was a special bond between them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Lovely buildup

Slow realistic build up. Really enjoyed reading the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Appreciation

Thank you so much for your excellent, literate and grammatical story. It was such a treat to read without the usual jarring gaffs. I am sure you put good effort into not only crafting a good story but also in editing the comleted work. Thank you for the treat.

OneNemesisOneNemesisover 11 years ago
Wow!

The title says it all.

OleguyOleguyover 11 years ago
Magnificent

So refreshing to get the feminine outlook and to have it put together so well !

Loved your descriptions of the wine tasting procedure and as a long term oenophile I couldn't resist and printed out that page for sustained serious study.

Altogether a 5* job.

Now to sample a shiraz and more of your submissions. Bliss.

JohnnyMaxJohnnyMaxover 11 years ago
You missed it!

A perfect opportunity. After the wine tasting description I expected her response to him coming in her mouth would be to "swirl it around to get the full flavour..."

A good story, well written. Good description of the gourmet level wine and food, I still think a lot of it's posing, but you made it sound real - the mark of a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it.

So many of the guys, I'm guessing from the names, are so into submission and sluts, who simply *need* to swallow cum. So many of the women are into how hot and sexy they, themselves, are.

This was refreshing. Nice, not stupid. Sexy, not trashy. It was a real pleasure reading about the slow, tantalizing buildup to her intense physical reaction, and then the vaginal orgasm. Back in the day, Freud described clitoral orgasms as "immature". Now, I wonder if vaginal orgasms *are* more intense and fulfilling. Ladies?

As a guy, I have different orgasms. Truthfully, the best ones I have are when I've smoked pot, and masturbate. Some other ones, I can tell I came, but the pleasure is minimal. When I'm with a woman, it's more the experience of being with her than my own orgasm that I'm interested in.

I've tried that finger in thing, while licking, but maybe my chin's too big, or my finger too small. I really wish I could get that to work.

LonestarwbpLonestarwbpalmost 11 years ago
Gem of a Short Story

This is one of the best short stories I have ever read in any genre. And I have read a lot. I would not change anything. Also, much appreciated is the superb editing. There are no distractions on the grammar/punctuation/spelling/homonym side and the story itself is perfectly tight. Everything from setting to character development to plot to pacing are elegant, with nothing extraneous. As others have noted, the last sentence brings the story to a wonderful close.

Many authors have noted, it is much more difficult to master writing a complete short story than long form. You have done it.

Please ignore JohnnyMax's comments. If he wants to read stories about oenophiles, he is in the wrong place.

I am always a succor for a good romantic story and you have written one of the best. 5*+. Congratulations. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Made me orgasm.

Yep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Definitiions

verb

verb: smirk; 3rd person present: smirks; past tense: smirked; past participle: smirked; gerund or present participle: smirking

1.

smile in an irritatingly smug, conceited, or silly way.

"he smirked in triumph"

noun

noun: smirk; plural noun: smirks

1.

a smug, conceited, or silly smile.

"Gloria pursed her mouth in a self-satisfied smirk"

You guys copy from each other and I suppose that's all right, but when you copy incorrectly, it's irritating.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Nice

Nice flowing Hot little story. Five stars! Wish there was more.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
No WONDER you're Sleepless! :+))

With all this exquisite passion!!!

My snoring won't be a problem at all...:+))

Why would I want to sleep??? :+)))

One teeny-tiny fixie?

The phrase Dog Days was based on the pre-pooper scooper era

in New York City. The HOT months when the smell of doggy-poo

was constant.

roveroneroveroneabout 3 years ago

fun...tho pity she/you think she has to shave off her muffin to look attractive...trimmed is fine but keep it natural...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dear sleeplessgurl:

I am **Grateful in YYZ**!!

This is an amazing story, one that has its protagonists in France and British Columbia before coming back to a lake near Toronto,. Is your setting perhaps a corner of Lakes Simcoe or Couchiching or the Kawarthas? Your venue does not appear to like the Muskokas that I know well.

You planned this story very well and wrote wonderfully. I enjoyed every paragraph as you built from a lazy lonely lemonade on a deck to a loving dinner for two.

There are some readers who can find points of contention. However, "Dog Days" is not a report for court; this story is a warm, happy, romantic tale, possibly with some autobiographical elements. am very happy I found your story.

On this Simcoe Day weekend, i was looking in the LE index for a "cottage" story. I hit the jackpot!

I am grateful and appreciative for "Dog Days"; I know how many drafts it takes to get any document of this length to be "right".

Now, I will happily embark on reading your other stories.

Thank you

gratefulinyyz

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous