All Comments on 'Dominant Species Ch. 61-62'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
LovetosmileLovetosmileabout 7 years ago

I am really loving the story and I look forward to your next chapter.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneabout 7 years ago

Damn good stuff sir. May I have some more.

I was surprise that Robert was an Alpha. We also how have a leaderless Alpha who is in need of a pack. I honestly just hope that Dunae made it as that sounds like it was a hell of a battle.

OddBall68OddBall68about 7 years ago

There are going to be plenty of people and places needing alphas. Perhaps Robert will take to the south of Salmon?

The Sheriff of Hamilton could be an alpha as well if turned. He was already taking the lead of the survivors there and wise enough to yield to Doc Jenkins' medical opinion. Hmm..... Doc and sheriff sitting in a tree.... LOL I'm sure that would surprise the hell out of them but then Doc could return to her town and her clinic. Luna would just have to work her magic.

Alpha Carl might be able to handle 1 or more of the towns between North Fork and Hamilton? Como, Gorus and Darby. Or even Corvallis though Candace and Duane could probably lead there if promoted by Luna. Or even Doc Jenkins and Alpha Carl?

The alphas need to tally the dead and wounded in battle, begin the turns to save the near dead from the battle and the solar event and get all the leaders to Salmon for that meeting in 3 days. They may finally get an idea just how bad things are outside their corner of the world.

I know you haven't brought this up but since their lands are on 3 sides (at various distances) of the focus area of this story it would seem that any surviving native american tribes could make an appearance. Just a thought i had looking at the map after the last chapter.

I wonder who the ham radio operator was?

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneabout 7 years ago

Honestly IMO as to territorial wise they don't need to have an alpha in every town. They are to be the new world government if Luna's plan works the way she wants it to.So Alphas are going to have to branch out and control multi-towns. A beta, sure, but not an alpha. Unless you can only hold 30 or 40 wolves in a pack. Otherwise you are going to need a lot more alphas. Then the question becomes what the hell do you do next if you really need an alpha in every town.

OddBall68OddBall68about 7 years ago

Your probably right. I was speculating with the sudden arrival of 2 new alphas to the story. In the little that has been told of how things were it seems that most packs were relatively small. There is of course a limit to how many people and things a person can control so the bigger the group the bigger the support structure of subordinates must be.

Alpha Carl may still be a good one then to fill in the space between North Fork and Missoula. In which case Doc Jenkins and the sheriff would be good support structure for him.

Looking back I'm a bit confused. This chapter has Candace at Corvallis but the previous chapter seemed to leave her in Hamilton i think.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES