Dominion Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Compassionate," Trysten chuckled, brushing back Aryn's hair as he considered Joel's words. "That is not a term I often hear used to describe me."

"Tis' true, though," his eyes bored into Trysten with an apt scrutiny, "I can see it. You hide it well, but its there. No ones given two shits about that girl since she's been in here, but you defended her without a second thought."

"I defend the weak and innocent," he explained as he drew a knuckle over Aryn's cheek. She scrunched up her nose and burrowed deeper into Trysten's shirt, causing him to smile. "What ever she is in here for, I highly doubt she deserved what that man was doing to her."

They were interrupted by the bustling of guards near the entrance of the dungeon, and soon three men moved to stand before Trysten's cell.

"Trysten Gallindo, it's time."

He nodded solemnly and shifted his weight as he attempted to wake the girl he was holding in his lap. She was out cold and he hated to leave her alone that way. The guards seemed impatient and he was running out of time, so he attempted to wake her once more before Joel stood and walked over to his side of the cell.

"I'll take care of her," he lifted the slumbering woman into his arms and turned around. "Just don't ferget what I told ye',"

"I won't," and he meant it. Joel was right. He couldn't give up. He had to find away to fix this mess, and he wanted to repay the man for his wise words. In order to do that he would have to find his way back here some how. "I won't forget you."

Joel smiled at him as he slid down onto the floor with the girl and watched as the guards led the prince from the dungeon. He wasn't sure how successful the lad might be, but he was the only chance the Dominion had at change. He wanted to believe Trysten had the fortitude to break the cycle and fix the corruption so evident in the Dominion's government system. Someone must have been severely threatened by Trysten's presence, because it had been a long time since a person of royalty was banished from the capital. To Joel, that only proved his point even more. Trysten was a force to be reckoned with. Joel could only hope Trysten would find his footing before it was too late.

12