All Comments on 'Done Too Soon'

by Candy_Kane54

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Holy crap....I have lost so many people, and I know what it means to lose and the pain that comes with it. I just lost my therapist--a woman I love dearly for the rest of my life, and I miss her so much. I want her to come back, but that is not possible. The person who dies--their pain is over--it is the living who have to go on without the one they love.

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
A multi-tissue story (and how!)

Not sure if it's a good way to start the day, having my emotions battered so early in the morning, but you've surpassed yourself with this one Candy. It's probably the most powerful story about a cancer death that I've read since Chapter 3 of McKayla's Miracle (Literotica Lesbian some years ago). Congratulations, Candy---it will take a really inspired piece of writing by somebody to beat this.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 2 years ago

What can I say? What can ever be said?

Can't see to type.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. Awesome story CK. Even knowing how it was going to end, it was an incredible read. Thank you.

5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

.

I can't really remember a story where I became so emotional from the start, and maintained that level of emotionality to the finish. This story was very difficult to read for a variety of reasons; not the least of which was feeling like I was reading it underwater due to all the tearing up. The truth of this story is that you only find out the depth of love by charting the actions of those involved when faced with that kind of crisis. Bonnie's and Virginia's love was obviously incredibly deep. 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the saddest yet most beautiful love stories I've ever read. The only story that made me cry.

reddbunnzreddbunnzover 2 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. The entire Virginiaverse stories are without a doubt some of the most interesting, and sometimes happy and sometimes sad, stories that you can read. I feel honored to have been emotionally moved the all of the Virginiaverse stories. But, Done Too Soon is without a doubt one of, if not the, best. Thanks for giving it to us.

BillyslateBillyslateover 2 years ago

Powerful!

The 'Final Chapter' is just emotionally draining, evening knowing it would end with Bonnie's death. Although I thoroughly enjoyed this 3-part story series of Bonnie's POV, it was also accompanied by the sadness of her death happening so quickly after finding true happiness in Virginia's Love.

Absolutely A Majestic View Of Death With Life!! Definitely 5*Stars🎉

HargaHargaover 2 years ago

I don't have the words......I miss my mom.

rml65rml65over 2 years ago

I have company coming tonight and I have to tell them why my eyes look like I have been crying........ What a amazing wonderful and sad story.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

5 out of 5 im sure you will be that strong it was a perfect ending one of the sadist stories iv read not because of the death but most i think wont see there death that way me i hope i go quietly be well safe and happy a fan shayne

Albanach2000Albanach2000over 2 years ago

Emotionally draining but beautifully written story. While the ending was no surprise to those who are bought into the Virginiaverse the story of what was going on in Bonnie's head brings another layer leading to the plot twist. Brilliant.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 2 years agoAuthor

Besides 'McKayla's Miracle Ch. 03' by HLD which Maonaigh mentioned, there are three more stories you should read that touch on this subject: 'Pancakes' by CeVin_ChienElle; 'Tomorrow' by Evil Alpaca; and 'Something Like That for Myself' by Limentina. In passing, SABitch wrote 'A Million Words' which was about a young woman who died of leukemia.

All of these stories inspired me to write this story and I hope I did them justice.

FriskyMindFriskyMindover 2 years ago

It took me awhile to decide if I could handle reading this. Definitely a difficult read, but also a beautiful story

Sweetmab108Sweetmab108over 2 years ago

Touching story and beautifully written. I can feel your love that you had for each other

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 2 years ago

Your title selection was perfect for this chapter and as much as I enjoy reading your stories from Bonnie’s POV I’m still very sad that she left us so early.  The way you brought out her courage and concern for her family was beautiful and heartbreaking.  My sister displayed the same characteristics and looking back was the strongest of us all.

The inspirational stories you mentioned in your comment are all wonderful stories dealing with this difficult topic.  This story brought me back to one of the first stories I ever read on this site and a favorite of mine.  Maonaigh’s As Time Goes By story of Fran and Dot.

You did very well with this one and should feel very proud of it.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 2 years ago

Sometimes a story, whether it be a movie, a novel or a short story like this one, really hits you in the gut. I cannot remember - ever - a story having such an intense physical and emotional effect on me. I hope it must not only have been heartbreaking to write this and I know that you must have felt pride, warmth, strength, resolve ans above all love as well.

Paddy57Paddy57over 1 year ago

Wow! That just got to me, so sorry Bonnie had to leave and I look forward to following Virginia forward. Superbly done ..... thank you for such a moving tale

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCandy_Kane54@Candy_Kane54
*** IN MEMORIAM *** 13JUN23 - It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Maonaigh had passed on 11JUN3. I hadn't expected it since he had just written me 06JUN23 about his next lesbian story he was working on. Apparently he had been quite sick for some time. His body was...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES