All Comments on 'Don't Mess with George'

by barcombe

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
REAPING AND SOWING

waiting for the crop to flourish, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice and easy read

Excellent first story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

A home run at the author's first at bat. 5*

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 6 years ago
Very good.

I would have liked a bit more character development and more sort of - romance?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
WTF

Why the hell did you give the whole story away in the first paragraph? What's the point of even reading the story if you've already told everyone what's going to happen?

juderboyjuderboyover 6 years ago
Well that was 30 minutes of my life I want back.

What a waste of a story. You had a great start and I had a few ideas about where the story would go. But you just let George get laid a few times and went off to sleep. What a waste.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I liked it

BUT it was too much of a fuck story instead of a love story as it should be...after all it WAS supposed to be a Romance NOT an Erotic Coupling story

AndrewmsailingAndrewmsailingover 6 years ago
An excellent first time...

Whilst I agree with the commentator who disapproves of your spoiler introduction, I disagree with the more negative comments. This is good, even very good. You write grammatically, you spell correctly and you manage a fair bit of character and back story in a relatively short space. I don't think it's worth quibbling over which category it belongs in.

As to plot, I suspect you have been optimistic about the speed of Alice's recovery from a lifetime of abuse. She's likely to have PTSD and to take a long time to trust blokes. She may well be happy to embark on a sexual relationship, having known little else. She might well believe that it's the best way to please her rescuer and to keep in his good books, but it would be surprising for her to be as thoroughly or as rapidly healed as you imply. Nightmares would be usual with her life history, in my opinion. I've often been accused of being too pessimistic, so decide for yourself.

That said, I like your writing and I hope to read more from you.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Very good first time

Good to have a new Brit writer who's characters act like men and not wimps. Recently most stories from the island kingdom have been disappointing. Keep 'em coming.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 6 years ago
Nice

First entry...good job & thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Read the prelude

didn't need to bother with the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Enjoyable

Enjoyable reading, thank you.

SLeMSLeMover 6 years ago
This is not a new story

This is a duplicate of a story that appeared in the past, about two or three years ago. I read it then. I did not pay special attention to it at the time so I do not bother to keep track of the author name or when it was posted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Drops him for his father....really? I'd dare him to ever speak to me again....bs storry

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 5 years ago
Great story!

Romantic and raunchy. Can’t believe the negative and stupid comments, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah yes the old bait and switch.

I really like how he helped her to become a human again, not a broken shell.

Love isn't always straight forward and they knew it wasn't forever, but the love will be.

The officer is a much better fit, and they can have kids and a long life together.

I really liked this story, thank you...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous