Down to the Woods Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Tell me," she hissed, her eyes mere inches from Caitlin's own. "Admit that you want me, that you long for me to make you feel things you've never felt before. ADMIT IT!"

Sobbing, bloody, bruised and bound...Caitlin nodded.

"I can't hear you, dearling...." the faerie sang softly.

"...yes..." Caitlin breathed. "...yes...I want you..."

Caitlin looked over her own shoulder in the mirror into the eyes of the strange woman behind her, smiling her thanks. The burnished silver of the mirror lent her features a strangeness of their own- it was as if the raven-tressed girl she saw was not herself, but some faerie maid, skin pale as milk, a soft wool gown moulding to the contours of her full breasts and slender waist, falling in graceful folds to the floor, the long sleeves tight to her slim arms. Her ebony hair tumbled in shining waves about her shoulders, and the deep forest green of the gown made her eyes seem an even richer brown.

"No shoes, I am afraid," said her faerie friend, softly breaking Caitlin from her reverie. "I have no use for them, and therefore own none."

"You don't?" Caitlin turned, confused. Maybe she had imagined the click of shoes on the stone of the cave floor- but before she could say more, the woman had ducked out of the cave, returning with a double handful of dry leaves a few moments later. Turning her back on the girl, she laid the bundle of leaves on the table and spoke some words that Caitlin could not quite hear. There was a subtle change, a little like a pressure drop that dulls your hearing for a moment... and as the woman turned back to her guest, she held in her hands an exquisite pair of brown leather shoes, stamped with a pattern of green vines.

"There you are. They should last until you are home."

Caitlin slipped on the shoes, grateful for the comfort and protection of the soft leather, and straightened to see the faerie woman beckoning to her from outside the small dwelling.

"Come. I shall set you on the right path." She led the girl up a winding little path to the top of the high riverbank, and as the woman lifted her skirts so as not to tread on her embroidered hem, Caitlin caught a glimpse of shining cloven hooves, and short, curling fur the same glossy chestnut as the fey creature's curling locks.

She hid her surprise well, and turned her gaze to follow the faerie's outstretched arm, pointing her down the hill along a narrow path that meandered lazily through the ancient trees, their gnarled and rugged roots often stretching right across the bare earth to the lush grass on the other side.

"Now, I have no food to give you- yet another thing I have no use for- but nothing growing in these woods is poison to you- berries, mushrooms, nuts fallen from the tree- you should find enough of these to feed you."

Caitlin smiled.

"Thankyou. For the dress, and the shoes...and the healing." She paused, taking a breath, thinking to herself...I'm quite sure you could have been just as vicious as the nixies if I'd caught you in a bad mood...but she didn't voice that thought, suspecting it wasn't wise to offend this ally, fickle though she may be.

"You're welcome, my dear," the woman replied, her green eyes gleaming, a predatory smile curling her lip as she leaned forward to kiss Caitlin goodbye. She lingered, her lips soft and warm against Caitlin's own, then with a flick of her tongue, drew back once more. "Well, you know your way. The path will take you past the stromkarl's river, and the pool where he plays. Take care, watch your tongue, and be respectful. Cyfan is older and more powerful than he looks." The lovely creature paused for a moment, cocking her head to one side as she looked thoughtfully at the girl. "But then, so are most of us."

She chuckled softly. "And if you ever pass this way again...well, I believe I shall always have a soft spot for pretty little mortals. Do bring a friend next time."

The smile on Caitlin's face strained slightly, but she nodded her thanks once more, and set off down the path, not sure if she was more relieved or nervous to be out of the company of the Lady of the Green Kirtle.

12