All Comments on 'Dream Drive: Yuri Ch. 01'

by sycksycko

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerabout 7 years ago
WOW, hahahha

Taking liberties with the game mecanics but fuck me mate that was incredible.

The detail you put in created such an epic story, I kep saying, no more, just one more page. Fuckin' hell, you've done Over Red proud.

p.s. Do you know if he will be doing anything more with Dream Drive?

JC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please keep going!

That was fantastic. Dream Drive by Over_Red is one of the absolute best stories on this site, and I love your work as well. Match made in heaven. Please, please, please keep going with Yuri's tale. Love it!

sycksyckosycksyckoabout 7 years agoAuthor
some waiting required

I've already got a second part mapped out, though it will take me many, many hours to properly write it out for publishing.

As for Over_Red, he's busy with his clinical education, as well as writing the sequel to his novel Contractor. He said he intends to continue the Dream Drive, but it won't happen until next year, or so.

Glad you liked the story.

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80about 7 years ago
Welcome back to the party

Awesome work as always. You left us with more cliffhangers than usual this time. I do hope you will continue this for a while also that you may be inspired to finish your previous fantastic stories. I have even greater hope that two of favorite authors would collaborate at some point since they are both playing in the same story world created by one of them.

So any plans on a possible collaboration between you and Over_Red?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Not sure if its you...

...or if the character just magically forgot how video games work, but that essence usage was horrifically bad.

audovoiceaudovoiceabout 7 years ago
Loved it!

I read it all in one sitting and then the next day I reread from where he goes into the "game" to the end, twice. That was a rush of combat, and a compelling story setting it up before then. I emjoyed reading some about a culture I don't know. I also think it could easily be in the same universe as Dream Drive. Nothing took me out of the story. I enjoyed Yuri's thought on how meta the game was. His thoughts were a believable progression for the kind of person I think he is. I liked how he thought he was taking things seriously when he thought it was a game. Like "what are you talking about I am pretending this game is real".

I don't get why some people are bothered by the essence spending. You'd have to stop reading to do some math to find out it is not matching the same formula for diminishing returns that OverRed came up with. sycksycko said it is not cannon and I doubt it will follow events as they happened exactly in the original. Besides that would be pointless anyway because OverRed has said they are rewriting the story to improve it. At worst the stats Yuri has are a bit of a typo that changing wouldn't effect the story in a major way.

sycksyckosycksyckoabout 7 years agoAuthor
essence usage

I believe I have managed to accurately recreate Over_Red's exact formula for diminishing returns. I gathered all the numbers he had published in Dream Drive and lined them up. Only one system elegantly explained the exact figures listed and it works the same for each statistic Jackson Vedalt had put essence into. Vitality and hit points, Strength and carry weight, as well as Spirit and essence capacity, though the limits and factors are greater for Spirit.

Basically, the only thing different between Yuri's and Jackson's statistics is that Yuri was a badass soldier when he started (carry weight 60), whereas Jackson was a pale-skinned modder who kept to his room (carry weight 35). Everything else is the same as it would be in the original Dream Drive.

As for Yuri's use of essence in the game... like the character says, he had no intention of playing to win, he was just in there to screw around and spend a few hours until daybreak.

Collaboration? I'd love to, but Over_Red's too busy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Well Written

I read OverReds' original almost a year ago, loved every word of it, and lamented that he hadn't continued the story. Now I need lament no longer! You have outdone yourself with continuing his story. Your writing was exceptional, and kept me riveted for the entire time I was reading. Keep it up!

cittrancittranabout 7 years ago
I can confirm that Over_Red is rather busy at the moment...

I helped him shave off a fkload of time converting his original documents with html-tag-formatting embedded into them into pdf documents which maintained that formatting but got rid of the tags.

Since then I've tried to remember to shoot him an email every 3-5 months or so just to see if he's still maintaining his sanity, because I vividly remember him mentioning just how draining the accelerated-degree-program he'd enrolled in was.

(Also I *really* want a sequel to Contractors. And Dream Drive.)

cittrancittranabout 7 years ago
And now for a more on-topic comment

Daaaaaamn you know what you're doing.

:)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if O_R ended up asking you to collaborate with him eventually, simply because of the sheer size of what you've come up with here, and because it tells things from a very different viewpoint from that of Jackson's world.

ldv6ldv6about 7 years ago
Dream Drive Rocks Again!

I can't count the number of times I've checked Over_Red's page for possible news about Dream Drive.

I am so happy that you had the courage to continue one of undoubtedly the best sci-fi stories here, and that Over_Red gave you his approval. It's a tough challenge, but you managed to both expand the Dream Drive universe and entwine your ideas perfectly with the original setting. Thank you! You have made another fan of the Dream Drive series very happy!

It will be extremely interesting to follow the plot unfold up to the moment your and Over_Red's characters' paths cross.

Wishing you best of luck, ldv6

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Brilliant, seems it's going to as good as your previous story. Will you continue the other one as well as this, whatever you do lots more please.

GuenhwyvarGuenhwyvarabout 7 years ago
Aaaaand there goes any productivity I had

Stellar. Simply stellar.

I now have two authors to be obsessively checking for updates, because that was gut wrenchingly well written. I hope not you and the original author continue to write, because I think this story was like heroin - it only took one (binge) dose to be addicted.

Best wishes,

Dennis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Dream drive is no doubt among the top scifi stories on site and you've done a great job telling from another point of view. Its awsome to get another taste of this story while red is too busy to continue the original story

Cant wait to hear more from yuri

silverslydersilverslyderabout 7 years ago
Awesome...

I think it would be really interesting to see if Yuri actually meets up with the others. Particularly since he's come further in his understanding of Isis in a much shorter and brutal way. With the abilities he seems to be gaining, he'd be a great 'Rogue'-style companion to the group.

uictoriam4uictoriam4about 7 years ago
Awesome

Nice flow in writing,many action scenes and a very imaginative Sci-fi/fantasy Universe.Did not even notice the lack of sex scenes normally found on this site.The story also is in sync with the over_red's description of his world(somewhat).Didnt even feel like normal Fan fiction.Way to go man.5 stars.

P.S- Got a little confused about Zibar(they are fictional people no doubt)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great work

I only came to know about Dream Drive because of you. I love your stories and since you had nothing new...

I stated with over_red and continued on here. There is no brake in quality of writing and storyline. Love both versions. Took me nearly two weeks to read everything. Time well spend. Thank you.

gemman1gemman1over 6 years ago
Keep up the good work

I read this right after it came out and loved it.. Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to the next instalment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Stuff, Write More

Wow, this is really good stuff, please write more of it, you are awesome.

To the Anonymous below: No, Zibars are not a real ethnic group, but the story is set in North Africa, which contains a lot of pre-Islamic Conquest ethnic groups that continue to maintain their own languages and customs, although influenced by Arabic culture. Go to Wikipedia and search "Berber Languages," you'll see a map with lots of splotches on it. The author probably based his Zibar ethnic group on the Berbers. Alternatively, there are a number of tribal groups along the Mediterranean that are vaguely descended from various invading European tribes. Many of them speak their own dialects and have distinctive customs as well.

Not many writers are willing to create entire ethnic groups and insert them into their stories. It's a bold move and one the impresses me personally.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sooooo good!!!!!!

I absolutely love the world of dream drive!

Your writing is fantastic and I hope you are well and come back soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very good

Like your take on the story very much.

Looking forward to seeing the next chapter.

I read your message on biograpy, hope your recovery is going well?

Cheers,

Undead-dragon

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love this series

Glad to see someone taking up the mantle again for this series. This has been one of my favorite story-arcs since the moment I found it. I was sorely disappointed to see how long it had gone un-updated. So glad that one of my favorite authors on here has taken the helm. Hope you give Yuri’s charachter a long run. I look forward to seeing this style continue. I really enjoy the RPG elements and the way it is drawn into the real world. Please please please keep writing this.

slm59slm59almost 5 years ago
Just Awesome!

I wasn't sure the story was grabbing me until he entered the game world. From that point I've been hooked. Can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Next chapter, please.

Well, ...........

Where's the rest of it!? Please complete this man! I beg you. Since Over_red has forsaken us..........

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely wonderful. I didn’t dare hope it would live up to the original but it did, both in story and in leaving me sad that it has been stalled for years and may never return.

BackOnLandBackOnLandover 1 year ago

I'm not surprised Over_Red let you write this first chapter. First, your work is captivating, thrilling, and always enjoyable. Second; both of you have a thrilling view of an amazing yet completely imaginable reality, and so much so, I could see the buildings as Yuri ran over the roof-tops. As one reviewer wrote, below, it's very sad that you won't ever be back to add chapter 2. That is very sad. Well done. If you ever need an editor, I'm available. I loved all of your writings, an am glad you suggested Over_Red on one of your stories. I did happen to notice one sad note in your stories, not all, but bad enough... you seem to stop and start a new idea, and never go back to augment or complete some of your best. Do you do that in attempt to draw readers to some other web-site where you've finished the stories? Could you tell us where? Is that not allowed here at Literotica? Bless you for your efforts. Thanx.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersycksycko@sycksycko
January 18th 2024 Guess who's submitting a story for the Valentine's Day contest! Yup, it's this guy!! Also, there are a few of you who are still interested in reading new chapters of A Loner Mentalist. Well, good news, further chapters are coming in early February, as well...