All Comments on 'Dream Small'

by Rollinbones

Sort by:
  • 275 Comments (Page 2)
FljimFljimabout 3 years ago
The best

One of the best stories I have read anywhere. Thank you.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Yes! On of the best stories anywhere. It brought out out so many feelings and a tear or two to my eyes. Excellent writing and good editing. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great Story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a beautiful story. I chanced upon it by accident. I am not even sure now what I was looking for. But it tugged at my heart, making me smile (both the happy kind and the sad kind) many times. I hope this story is published as a romantic book. If not, please consider doing it. You weave quite a tapestry of stories; that spread across timelines and time zones, and yet came together so beautifully. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well that made me cry.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Even better on the second reading. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What a story about a full life lived and all the ripples that it has made. I was really moved by this believable story. Thank you for sharing this precious gift and for making the characters so tangible and real...!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Second time I’ve read the story. Like a fine wine it’s just as good the second time as it was the first.

kuu123kuu123almost 3 years ago

Great Story! 5* but even though I´ve enjoyed it immensely I feel like it could have done with another run through by an editor.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzalmost 3 years ago

Make a grown man cry. Simply magnificent!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. Excellent writing. So enjoyable. Thank you. Will be checking out other stories by you. **********

ChrissrChrissralmost 3 years ago

Third time reading and still a favorite!!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefalmost 3 years ago

As I wrote eight months ago, this story is well worth reading again and again, so that's what I just did. Still a very touching and loving story that reminds us that we should count our blessings and live life to the fullest. Sorry I can't give it another five stars, but I would if I could. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I read this some time ago and just found it again today. Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us. An absolutely beautiful tale that I couldn’t put down!

Richard1940Richard1940almost 3 years ago

Wonderful story - thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. Pity it did not carry on with the next generation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is such a beautiful story, you have a talent. Thank you for sharing, it touched my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It brought me to tears several times.

brucewinwoodbrucewinwoodalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful! Thank you for this gem. It has brought me to tears!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a great romper stomper of a story line and arc . It had absolutely everything- it made me cry for the first time in years (I’m a 40 yo bloke !) … absolutely fab .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hits very close to home. My love got away from me in 1971 through no fault of our own. Ended up over a 1000 miles away. She divorced and moved back to our hometown in 2016, found out she was back home and got in touch. She missed me as much as I missed her. We moved in together immediately. "we are to old to waste time on me being coy and playing hard to get" she said. I had no idea at the time how prophetic those word would be. It was the best time of my life by far. Anyone who says true love doesn't exist is full of shit.

I lost her November 5th this year to an incurable illness.

To all the people looking for true love; it exists and never stop believing. It can happen to you

tranquilshorestranquilshoresalmost 3 years ago

Of all the stories I've read on here, this is by far the best. A true emotional roller coaster that had me both laughing and crying. A beautifully crafted story. Thank you so much. If I could have given it more than 5 stars, I would have.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Such a lovely story deserves 10* stars and a much longer glowing review but we’re only allowed to give 5* and the tears in my eyes are making this difficult to write as it is. Wonderful tale and a new personal favorite.

PhilDub2PhilDub2over 2 years ago

I amazed and seed at this sweeping family saga. You have created strong characters and woven their life stories beautifully while keeping Clarance’s thread running surely throughout. To use a favorite phrase of mine, you put the “Lit” in Literotica.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

Fantastic story, well told. 5 Stars.

JusteenKJusteenKover 2 years ago

I read the first few pages and wondered how this tale was rated so highly. I'm so glad that I kept reading. It is now officially my all time favorite love story, so brilliantly imagined and sensitively written. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Xx

Doc__2021Doc__2021over 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing and astonishing story, has to be true as no one could "conger" anything like it !! Kudos to those who kept the history flowing so well !! This could easily be a limited series on Netflix, as the story is so wonderfully done !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, Five, obviously...I'm moved. It ties together beautifully,..parts of it reminded me of my father's hard life...before, an during the war, a WW2 bombardier. He never found the love and peace this man did. I need to find more stars to throw at this beautiful moving and emotionally honest yarn. Thank You, author.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodover 2 years ago

I have never read such a beautiful, well written story on Literotica. I had tears in my eyes as I read the last page. Thanks for sharing this lovely story with us.

Woodbgood

Cee2ShiningCeeCee2ShiningCeeover 2 years ago

Best story on this site.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

The second time around? YES! More tears and smiles than the first time. A very good writer for which there are not enough adjectives. Excellent story and very emotional.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Adopted during WWII, been to France and Australia, served, watched planes go into the drink with no survivors. What a wonderful, awful, evocative story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it! Glued to the pages until finished, with tears and smiles. And a fellow ‘Brisbanite’ too.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a beautiful cinematic narrative.

R07W55R07W55over 2 years ago

Beautifully done, on the edge of my seat the hole time. Woke a lot of memories from my path of life, and think it will help me choosing the right path at the next fork in the road.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Five stars for this beautiful story make many others seems overrated.

Thank you so much!

Purple_Squirrel19Purple_Squirrel19over 2 years ago

The most beautiful story I've read here and to think stuff like this actually happened during wars and all makes it so much better. Infinity of stars for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely incredibly beautiful story. This is so wonderful. My life is enriched by reading this story. 5+ stars for this one.

Brian798Brian798over 2 years ago

tears in my eyes, soooo soooo wonderful.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 2 years ago

OMG What a fantastic story I could not stop once I started reading it truly inspirational clearly going into my favorites catagory this is the kind of story that will hold dear for a very long time .Thank You from the bottom of my heart solid five can't wait to read more of your stories

Felix SqualitasFelix Squalitasover 2 years ago

You have skills. Punctuation is not really one of them, but I came in here looking for masturbation fodder and ended up crying and thinking of my own father, who was of that generation. If you have thoughts of publication, or maybe script-writing, You should go ahead and chase them. If you're just doing this for your own entertainment, well ... kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awoderfully romantic story. I'm not emotional but tered up sevearal times in the latter half when an after the reunification starts.

BlakkdannBlakkdannover 2 years ago

Simply one of the best stories on this website. Maybe because I am well into my 60s and am enjoying my grandchildren and even one great grandchild, and I so can identify.

AxelottoAxelottoover 2 years ago
Got me crying...

I've lost both parents to cancer, and I'll most likely outlive my wife, this really struck me hard. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What all of the others said. THANK YOU, MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!!! Put a tear in my eye more than once.

Be Well and Happy

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic story!

campomancampomanover 2 years ago

I truly admire a wonderful story. Thank you so much. Heart warming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is an exquisite story, thank you for writing it. Your writing style, character development and the intricacy of the story are all magnificent. But most of all, the wet eyes while reading parts validate its excellence. Now I need to go and read your others. God Bless and Protect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Superb.

the characters are well rounded.

The narrative arc is delightful.

there are no errors in the grammar, spelling or punctuation to detract from the pleasure of reading.

Thank you.

This story reminds me (and i don't know why), of 'the art of racing in the rain'.

if you fleshed this out, it would make a great Novel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Such a beautiful story it sounds so real. Maybe it was! What a wonderful thing you done by telling the story for your family, what a great idea. I think a few more people might take this idea for their families after reading this story. A pity we can only give it a 5 it deserves far more.

OpenToOpenMindedOpenToOpenMindedover 2 years ago

Truly deserving of better than just a 5 Star. This story was a true treasure and is a true testament for stitching families together. The love shared, both sexual and just from the heart, adds dimensions of rare understanding that go beyond normal literature, being just shared deeper emotions. Kudos to the author, this story well deserves to be in the classics of Literotica. To Rollinbones, I say “Well Done!”

BadbeagleBadbeagleover 2 years ago

Very well written, a wonderful journey of love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Literotica authors writing fiction better than 99%of all other fabrics and internet works on a fucking erotic literature site built in 1996

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoy it so. Thank you

4certain4certainover 2 years ago

An excellent, touching story, well suited to be a movie on Hallmark Channel, Netflix, or another streaming video site. This story is deserving of far more than this the five stars we are allowed to assign. The only fault I found was with occasional homophones and confused punctuation, both easily overlooked if read aloud. This was far better than many purchased books and stories. Thank you Rollinbones for sharing your craftsmanship, bringing a tear to our eyes with your words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A truly great story.

My dad was born 1923.

His father died When he was 9.

His mother remarried to an an alcoholic who drank the farm and worked the children like slaves.

At about 11 or 12 yrs dad beat his step dad up and left home.

So yes the law said school till 14 but the depression era said work to eat.

He went to a friend of his dad on a farm.

Worked there for a year.

Was paid 2 pounds total for 1 years work.

Banked the lot.

From then on he worked with adults.

Served in WW2 then farmed the rest of his life till old age stole his freedom.

Now resides in an aged care place a prisoner of the Covid lies.

He will be 99 soon.

ThegreyhaggisThegreyhaggisover 2 years ago

Without doubt my favourite story I've read on Literotica.com.

I've just finished it , and I'm now a 58 year old gruff Glaswegian sitting with a whisky and not a dry eye in sight. Thank you . Xx

62276227about 2 years ago
Excellent story...

with just a few minor questionable details. Swimming to freedom, was not likely. Cold channel water would have killed him.

Renee's age when he returned in 1947...and a year later when the haircuts started. she'd have been a year or two older than the story says.

Sasha's pretty mouthy, but then I guess Aussie girls are!

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful! I am 78 years old and I cried like a baby. Thanks for writing it.

Jim

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I haven't commented here before. But this story deserves more than a 5 star rating, so it deserves a comment as well. Really well written, ties the ends up beautifully. Improbable and implausible, but it'd be so nice for it all to be true.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I thought it was beautifully written and tells a wonderful story of love, devotion, and enjoyable memories. I'm 80 and it has brought back many memories of my marriage to my late wife who passed away 22 years ago.

SyzyguySyzyguyabout 2 years ago

Very sweet, with a lovely balance of happy and sad. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Excellent and absolutely endearing. Never knew what life before and after the war was like for some Australians. A great mix of characters from both Australia and France.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 2 years ago

A wonderful, romantic story that captured my attention from the first paragraph and held it until the final sentence. Easily worth more than five stars. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story very much. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You made me cry. Do it again. Wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Superbly written and a lovely love story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think this is the best story on this site. I cried at the end. I could take days praising it’s legion of virtues, but please, let me say thank you. I was moved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Such a beautiful love story. On so many levels. Thank you for sharing.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 2 years ago

A truly wonderful story.

I am 82 and have been fortunate to have enjoyed the love of 5 women in long relationships apart from the last which is 2 years old. She is 59 and is the most wonderful of all.

I shed quite a lot of tears, especially as I know our time together will be quite short but filled with so much love.

Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

I can't add anything more than all the others have, but I glad I found this gem. 5+*

dfevansdfevansabout 2 years ago

excellent - brought tears was one of the best!!!!!

bummerbeaubummerbeauabout 2 years ago

Touching, full of humanity, alive to the sweep of history. I thInk this is the best story on Literotica - at least, it’s the best I’ve ever read,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That was a very nice, occasionally appropriately sweary but mostly quite sweet story, and I enjoyed reading it a lot! Thank you for taking the time to write, edit, and publish it for us; we really appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Magnifique! This is the finest story I read to date on this website. So full of love and family history through four generations. Sad at times but with many small victories.

kluafkluafalmost 2 years ago

I have read this four times today and every time I read it I feel like it's not the same story I have just read. The author of this story has a great way of telling people what is important in life dream small and think big

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a fantastically romantic story. Terrific writing. Just wish I was as eloquent. Well done

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 2 years ago

This is one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever had the pleasure to read. What a wonderful life the author spun for the MC, this should be made into a movie! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tesseract2021Tesseract2021almost 2 years ago

Fantastic read! Well-crafted prose and an excellent plot and story. It's so refreshing to see high-quality writing like this!

thomashatchthomashatchalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding! Worthy of ten stars

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 2 years ago

This story appears on Amazon. A fake author named Ashwin Kr has stolen about 20 stories from here, and is making money off of our work. You have to contact Amazon if you want it taken down.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 2 years ago

5 stars! Great story, really enjoyed this. Just thought you'd want to know that it's been pirated on Amazon by a fake author named Ashwin Kr. You can lodge a copyright complaint to try and get it taken down, which a few of us are doing, since she stole 20 stories from this site, including one of mine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the very best I've read here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Man. My second time to read this. Just as powerful as the first reading. My thank again to Rollinbones, and also to BoldVulture in the comments who was reminded of a favorite song. "I will come for you" by Randall Williams, a similar story of the love that flared between an American soldier from Pittsburgh and a young Belgian lady in 1944 but then were ripped apart by the war. You can find it in two different recordings, one on YouTube, the other on Spotify. I think I like his Spotify version best, but the YouTube cl8p has some spoken introduction. This story by Rollinbones is one of Avery select few on literotica that has mt3 choked up and saying "This one is the best one on this site" when I read them. And each time in that moment it is.

tlevanssrtlevanssralmost 2 years ago

5 Stars! One of the best stories written here.

0ldfart0ldfartalmost 2 years ago

An absolutely great ripper of a yarn!

Emotional, without being soppy. Well worth reading.

OralinatorOralinatoralmost 2 years ago

This may be the finest story I’ve ever read on Literotica. Well done Mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beyond compare

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! What an incredible story. It got a little tough for me towards the end, I lost my wife to lung cancer a couple of years ago and I wouldn’t wish that battle on my worst enemy. But Renee took it all with grace. The author really made her a beautiful lady. And the humor was great. I almost fell off my chair laughing more than once. Thanks, Rollinbones, for making my day with this one. Wish I could give it 10 stars.

5*****

Dee

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'll never forgive you for making me cry.

10/10.

bleeepbleeepover 1 year ago

I will never, in a million years, write anything as wondrous and moving as this work of art. If you managed to expand it to novel length, I think you might become very wealthy. I would gladly give you every star I have earned on my own meager works, but 5 is all I'm allowed. You have them.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 1 year ago

I knew I had read this story before, and I don't know why I resisted as much as I did re-reading it again.

I re-read plenty of your other Romance stories before I finally started in on this on again...

What can I say other than that... Maybe I shied away from the fact that it was just this beautiful and heart-wrenching...

One of your best imho... and what more can I say...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely bloody magnificent. To be reread again and again which I shall surely do . Only small dreams will do.

Thank you.

WoodencavWoodencavover 1 year ago

Phew!!! Brought tears to my eyes at times. One of the best stories I have read ever!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

hillhippyhillhippyover 1 year ago

One of the best stories ever.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRollinbones@Rollinbones
Amateur word-smith. Proffesional procrastinator. Busy with a few on the go. Please be patient. I work full time and fiddle here when i get a few quiet moments to myself. Thankyou for enjoying my mutterings.

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories