All Comments on 'Drop Off The Key'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
norafaresnorafaresalmost 4 years ago

Bretta can literally come fuck me anytime. LOVED the story! Thank you for participating in the 50 Ways event!

Bebop3Bebop3almost 4 years ago

Excellent story, Ms Terra! Thank you for contributing to the event.

yoongyoongalmost 4 years ago
Eeep amazing!!!

Ah i usually don’t write comments but this story was so good I just needed to!! I love love LOVE that Leigh was able to find new friends and find herself! She and Bretta seem like they have a lot of chemistry and I would love to see more of them! If not, I’m super happy with this story and my imagination. Keep up the amazing work and thank you again for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
please.

Please don't make this a one of. We loved the story and want to know more about these two and what happens next.

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
A CLOCKWORK LIFE IN DISCOVERY

aquiring tidbits of your mate to be for the future. TK U MLJ LV NV

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 4 years ago
Yet another fantastic story

I really liked Bretta, whose advice convinced Leigh to "drop off the key" and leave the jerk Patrick. And of course, he was sleeping with one of Leigh's "friends" when she dropped off the key. The sex scene between Leigh and Bretta was scintillating, and I was very happy that Bretta stayed the night at Leigh's place. The last line - that perhaps their first date would be breakfast - was the perfect ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
feel good story

I'm an effeminate homosexual and cross dresser with at least half my friends being lesbians of the lipstick type mixed with very butch undertones. I love lesbian porn and erotic fiction. This was an especially good example that tells the story of a young woman in her early twenties for the first time is attracted to another woman and within a month she had come to terms with and fully accepting of her sexual identity: lesbian. Confirmation was the description of her first time she had sex with another woman: mind blowing, multi orgasm. incredible lesbian lovemaking.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago
Enjoyable

Wyatt a good guy? Well, I suppose he was, much the same way Clyde Barrow was a good guy. Leigh's whole group of 'friends'? A total waste of space. You've painted a great group portrait here of a pretty unpleasant bunch and you've built an enjoyable five-star story around them and poor Leigh. It might be worthwhile thinking about a sequel showing Leigh's development in her new world.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 4 years ago

That was amazing, and I think I learned something new to try with my wife.

Thanks for a fantastic story!

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonalmost 4 years ago
Yes!

Hot and sweet, with a very rewarding ending! I enjoyed it so much.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
Erotica at its best

Same sex relationships aren't high on my list of reading material, but this is great. Bretta is a woman any woman or man would like to meet. She sounds like an original with no fake facade. What you see is what you get. MsCherylTerra has done it again. Great work. I loved it. Five Stars.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Not my cup of tea, but I did enjoy the tale for what it was, a well constructed story built around a group of vacuous air headed idiots who really had nothing to recommend themselves to anyone.

Another chapter to see how Leigh grows into her new life would certainly please those who love this genre.

Me, as I said not my cup of tea. 3/5 for the well written story, but not the theme.

pseud277pseud277almost 4 years ago
Best part was the worst

The story just rang so true in its write-up of an apathetic, listless relationship. That gritty melancholy affected me more than the expected comeuppance. I think others can share similar experiences of a bad relationship of their own. I give it top marks.

chastenchastenalmost 4 years ago

I thought that was fabulous, the best of this event that I've read...which kind of surprises me since this isn't a category on Lit that I read. Very well done. Thank you for a very human story.

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 4 years ago
A little different

A much simpler plot than I'm used to from you but it fit the contest and moved along nicely to conclusion, All characters were carefully drawn although I think I was curious to hear a little more about Leigh. Good luck in the contest.

ohioohioalmost 4 years ago
Hot, but what I really liked about it

even more than the sex were the characters, and the feelings. Leigh deserved better, Bretta helped her see it, and the writing made an otherwise somewhat predictable story really come alive and sing. And Wyatt was almost comically awful. Great job!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yep.

Nope. Not good.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 4 years ago
Not That Dissimilar To Obsession As I First Believed

This was my second story of yours I've read. Quite different than the last one which was "Obsession." This one was quite different in many ways from that one, but the MC was again an introverted girl, kind of neurotic, that people see as awkward so she doesn't really have any close friends (although Obsession the MC had the one best friend, and no other real friends). Oh, and we are also told that they're "gorgeous", but that's kind of suspect in both stories.

Leigh didn't seem to be a prize. After three years in the new city and the new school she had only made 3 girlfriends, and all three were because she was introduced to them by her boyfriend. And those three friends were not really friends in any sense of the word; although, those three seemed to be good friends to one another. So, they were capable of forming real friendships, but just not with Leigh, even though Leigh desperately wanted to be their good friend.

She has a boyfriend who seems mediocre at best. No ambition, not much of a brain, not really going anywhere in the world. Yet, she is constantly kissing his ass to be in his life.

Then she meets a woman in a bar who completely captures her imagination, because she is completely the opposite of herself. She is loud, willing to be in the limelight, dominant, self-assured, confident, outspoken, and very comfortable with saying what's on her mind. Everything Leigh is not.

This woman tells Leigh, after speaking to her for a few minutes, that she needs to drop her boyfriend, who she hasn't met, hasn't interacted with, and hasn't seen the two of them interact with one another. I have a feeling if Bertha, or the male version of her met with Wyatt in a bar, and he heard from Wyatt how mousy Leigh was, introverted and insecure, "he" would've given Wyatt the same advice to dump her. That he could do so much better.

Now, all would've been dandy if Bertha wanted a real relationship with Leigh, but she didn't. She told Leigh she was special and could do so much better, but she herself didn't really want a long deep relationship, or a love relationship with Leigh either. So, you give someone the advice you just met to dump your boyfriend of three years, that she is gorgeous, that she can do so much better, and then you tell them, well, not me exactly, but I'm sure there is someone out there that would appreciate all that you have to offer. Go out there and and be all you can be young lady.

I guess my point is everything we know about Leigh is that she is not special, in the general sense of people we think of as special. So, if the message of the story is that everyone has the potential to be special if someone believes in them, then why can't Wyatt be special. Why can't Wyatt learn to eat pussy properly? Why are the three girlfriends shallow, and there is something wrong with them, when they are able to make close bonds and have good friendships with one another, are social, and aren't neurotic like Leigh is.

I guess there is something missing for me in this story. We are to believe that there is something wrong with Wyatt and the three girlfriends, when they seem like normal people (although normal doesn't mean great or exceptional, but normal as in people that are in the range of the norm), but Leigh we are given hints over and over again is definitely abnormal. But we aren't given any hints by the author that her abnormal is the good kind of abnormal (genius and retardation are abnormal and opposite ends of the spectrum of intelligence, but obviously one is preferable to the other), except for the fact that the person the abnormal girl finds fantastic (although the description of Bertha is probably one that "normal" people would be put off by), happens to tell her that she is fantastic as well, be it fantastic in a very limited fashion (for one night).

I guess in both Obsession and this story I'm left needing third party confirmation to try to assess what is up and what is down. Is Leigh a neurotic nerd who is nothing special, or is she so special (truly gifted) that only other people who are themselves special are able to recognize her specialness. I think that's what the author wants us to see, but for me there is something missing to make that leap and feel confident in that assessment of Leigh.

Funny, writing the above I think I finally got it. Writing about Bertha being special enough to recognize Leigh's "specialness" made me think about the point was something completely different. The point isn't that Leigh was any more special than Wyatt, or the three friends. It wasn't that she could do so much better than Wyatt, as we normally think of "so much better" (more handsome, better career, more positive attributes). But Leigh was special in a quirky way, maybe nerdy, whatever. And someone else who was outside the norm of society, Bertha (although I may be getting her name wrong), was able to appreciate her uniqueness, just like Leigh was able to appreciate Bertha's uniqueness. We only have Leigh's perception of Bertha. There is plenty for us to go on that most people would actually find Bertha as obnoxious, poor dresser, loud, vulgar, opinionated, flaky, etc.

I guess maybe it took me longer to understand the last paragraph is because I've never been someone that society would consider as not part of the norm (although don't take that to mean average :)). I'm not gay, I've never been a nerd, never been drawn to paint my hair "unique" colors, or any other thing where a "normal" person would think is "weird." So, I can't help to think that this story must be so much more meaningful to someone who may typically be considered an "outcast."

So, we weren't to conclude that Leigh was special because she was more intelligent, or that she was more beautiful, wiser, courageous, insightful than Wyatt or the three girlfriends (some of the characteristics that would typically make me think someone was special), but she was special to someone else who happens to also be "unique" (different than the norm of society) and was able to see Leigh's "uniqueness" as special and worthwhile. Leigh's "gorgeousness" wasn't necessarily an absolute reality where most people in society would say that's a gorgeous woman (we were given no hints in the story that anyone other than Bertha thought that of Leigh), but she was "gorgeous" to Bertha because of what Bertha saw in her. The story expanded my experience by thinking and reading about people I would normally not read or think about, so I thank you for that.

Even though I figured the story out (if I truly did) in the last couple of paragraphs, I'm not going to delete the early parts of my comment because they show the evolution of how I was able to expand my thinking on the subject. Maybe many reading this comment are thinking what a dunce I am. But remember these characters are very different than the ones I have interacted with, and they are very much outside my "normal" experience. It was like trying to understand a culture that is very foreign to me, without a third party translating for me (a "normal" character evaluating Leigh and Bertha for me) . I had to understand what was being said in the language of the foreign person.

Definitely 5 stars for me. Your stories are so insightful and interesting, but it doesn't make me want to go back and read all your prior stories. They are so challenging, and arduous to read, because like I said earlier I feel like I'm reading about the mindset of people I cannot easily relate to, and wouldn't normally find particularly interesting. But like a really good insightful book, I feel like what I have read has expanded my worldview, and the characters you write about and the ideas you present are going to be bouncing around in the back of my brain, and they're going to be impactful in how I see certain segments of our society. And isn't that the highest praise you can give any artist?! That their work has been impactful and insightful, and made you see things through a whole new lense.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 4 years ago

I am a straight, older man and I thought this was a perfectly told story of discovery. You are a very good story teller and I will try a few more of your's.

Thanks!

stev2244stev2244almost 4 years ago

Usually not my category, I admit that your name lured me in here. I wasn't disappointed. At all. Great story, as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Probably should have been in Erotic Couplings, or . . .

oh, yeah, Lesbian Sex. I forgot, they're both women. So what? Read like just some really great sex to me. But no cheating, adultery, no bitch to burn, etc. The loser boyfriend? Not his fault. He was a loser from day one, and she stayed with him for 3 years. Who's the loser?

Anyway, an interesting story and good read. Thanks for the effort.

SteelaSteelaalmost 4 years ago
Great Story!

I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not My Usual Thing

Unless I'm at least allowed to watch. Wyatt deserved a hell of a lot more than he received, but then again he apparently had three more girlfriends who didn't know anything more about being good in bed than he did. He had no respect for Leigh, just climb on, shove it in a few times and climb off, some slobber when he's drunk. At least he walked her home that first night, the only class thing he did. As introverted as she was she did try to talk to the dumb ass, to her credit. She deserved a lot better, maybe she found it. Well done story. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I don't usually leave comments but

This is a great and empowering story of a woman leaving an abusive relationship and discovering herself. I especially loved Leigh's character development. I understood where she was coming from and why she stayed in such a bad relationship for so long. Her drawn-out leaving of Wyatt felt very realistic. And the sex scene with Bretta was erotic and exciting. This is the first story I've read from you and I can't wait to read more.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 4 years ago
Your name dragged me here ...

Your story kept me reading here.

Great characters. Great story.

Hot!

Hooked

gayfroggayfrogalmost 4 years ago
beautiful

I love this! it's really hot, but also kind of heartwarming? lol. I love how you describe Bretta, honestly it's got me kind of emotional because I'm not used to having characters I relate to so strongly being objects of desire. so thank you!! write more!! :)

LaRascasseLaRascassealmost 4 years ago

I liked the story and the realistic characters. The fantasizing of the sex eventually building up to the scorching real deal was delicious. Love it and look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why?

Why do so many “straight girls go lesbian” stories feature asshole husbands or boyfriends? It is so common as to be cliche. What is more interesting is the story of a woman who has a good significant other who realizes herself to be lesbian or bisexual, how that comes to pass and the ramifications for her and the SO.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
"Not My Category"

Okay, just a wee joke on the current political "Not My ..." genre. As a piece of the "50 Ways" group, I had to read it to complete the list. So, although I rarely read Lesbian stories, this one has many very positives. Good character development, nice pacing, good mix of narrative and conversation, good grammar - in all, an easy, enjoyable read. I especially like the frequent interjection of song phrases built into the first half of the story - until they petered out in the second half. Thanks for the story!

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I agree with a previous comment that the setup isn't excactly new, but in my experience whether something feels clichéd depends mainly on how something's depicted and not whether it's depicted in the first place. You might as well complain that the cliché here is someone dumping an ex and then everything suddenly working out for them. But to each their own, I guess - I personally liked it a lot. Consider returning to this category some time in the future, maybe? :)

LongshadowLongshadowover 3 years ago
50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

First time I've read an erotic story where the lyrics are actually worked into the story in a way that does not feel too contrived.

The problem is all inside your head, she said to me

The answer is easy if you take it logically

I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free

There must be fifty ways to leave your lover

She said, it's really not my habit to intrude

Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued

But I'll repeat myself at the risk of being crude

There must be fifty ways to leave your lover

Fifty ways to leave your lover

You just slip out the back, Jack

Make a new plan, Stan

You don't need to be coy, Roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, Gus

You don't need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, Lee

And get yourself free

g601mg601malmost 3 years ago

Simone and Paula... Nice touch in a story about leaving your lover...

Kosova_guyKosova_guyalmost 3 years ago

You are such an amazing storyteller. Thank you for writing and sharing this.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

Cheryl, I don't usually read Lesbian stories, only because they're not my thing generally speaking. I read this because I'm getting nesr the end of you stories to read. It was a turn on, and I'm glad I read it. Wyatt is a dick...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

delicious.

MiltoninOzMiltoninOzover 2 years ago

Cheryl you're a gifted writer. This was believable, caring and funny. I love how you introduced the new friends before explaining them - I almost scrolled back to see what I'd missed, but by then I trusted you enough to hang on and find out. I haven't read any of the other 50 Ways stories so I don't know what the rules were, but you wove the lyrics in brilliantly. I found you recently through one of your other stories, and you're already a favourite. Great stuff. Thank you.

123noproblem123noproblemalmost 2 years ago

What an absolutely great story, well paced and well written. Thank you, and I will read your other stories too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a beautiful story. I read it first as part of 50Ways To Leave Your Lover but I enjoyed it even more this time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story! It gave me a different perspective on the song. Previously, I had always seen the song as encouraging someone to cheat on a loved one rather than to escape a bad situation. I used to feel ambivalent to the song but can appreciate it much more now. Loved the incorporation of the lyrics from the song into the story. As mentioned by others, the lyric inclusions were very organic and not forced. Wonder if the "subtitle" - "She was the sun and I was a shadow" is from a Harry Chapin song?

Great writing, great story. I'm male, not lesbian but still appreciate good story.

Thanks

mfj

liz33ndliz33ndover 1 year ago

this was so good, erotic and compelling, so very talented with a pen. thanks for sharing this.

Nicole2023Nicole202312 months ago

the only thing that I missed was the old friends coming to the bar and seeing her with her new friends and making out with bretta

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This is a delightful read and so beautifully paced. The rising arseholery is just slow enough that the matching self-doubt and recapitulation is believable and crushingly poignant - yet it doesn't drag.

More dancing wouldn't hurt - either as step to help our protagonist feel some joy and raise her confidence to leave, or within a coda chapter to underline the final fuck-you to the ex friends.

JusteenKJusteenK5 months ago

Bretta is missing an E. She's undoubtedly weapons grade.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Satori. The profound yet simple inspiration of comprehensive truth understanding. Also pov is enlightening as the gender based perceptions reveal. The descriptive narrative : he drunkenly came and spilled inside of me versus I came so hard it was like blasting 'old faithful' as she clamped down on me...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...