Earth Day Rally

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was two weeks before the rally. I took out my new trac phone and started making calls. This Mike fellow had to go. His buddy told him too much and I'd deal with him later.

I read in the New York Times a couple of days later where a Mike Bovich died in an automobile/semi truck accident. The driver of the truck said the car ran a red light and he was unable to stop. Luckily, the driver of the truck was unhurt.

The day of the Earth Day rally, I told Sharon that I'd be in Washington for a meeting and that I would be back in two days. I kissed her and told her I loved her. She looked at me rather surprised. I had never really told her I loved her before except when we were having sex.

She didn't say it back to me. I guess she was confused seeing how she was going to go see her old boyfriend. I wanted to tell her that he was just using her but I guess she had to learn the hard way.

I drove to the airport and flew to Washington D.C., with my alibi now in place. It was harder than I thought being at the meeting wondering about what Sharon was doing. I had no choice now but to follow through. I told my contact to make it Earth Day related. I had no idea how it was going to go down.

Later that night after having dinner and drinks with a number of senators, I headed up to my room. My trac phone rang and I heard the words. "It's done. The bug and the video tape have been removed from the premises and have been destroyed."

I destroyed the trac phone, picked up the hotel phone, and called home. Sharon answered on the third ring.

"Hi honey, how was your Earth Day Rally?"

"It was pretty good. We probably had a couple of thousand people there and a lot of press. They're always around for environmental issues. How was your day?"

"Meeting after meeting. I wish you were here right now. I kind of miss you."

"Zack, after you get back home we need to talk. I tried calling your cell a couple of times but it said you were off-line."

"I always turn off my cell during meetings. Honey, if it's because I said I loved you today, it was because I do. We can still talk if you like. Well, I'd better get some rest. I have some more meetings tomorrow before coming home. You take care and I'll see you tomorrow night."

"Goodnight Zack, I'll see you tomorrow," she said rather softly.

****

Sharon's story:

I hardly know where to start. When I was in high school, I dated a guy named Randy Medley. He was my only real boyfriend. I was totally in love with him and would do anything for him. He was a year ahead of me in school, and entered college in the field of environmentalism. So the following year I entered the same college and the same curriculum. I wanted to be near Randy.

Like most couples, we had our arguments but always ended up back together. When he graduated his senior year, it left me alone. I wasn't good at being alone. I heard he moved to the west coast. After bugging his parents about his whereabouts, I got his phone number. He told me that he had found another woman. He said he was sorry but we should both have realized that things change and life goes on.

I was devastated. It hurt me inside that he wasn't man enough to sit down and talk to me but that I had to find out through a phone call. Randy told me that he was sorry but really didn't want all the crying and arguments that happen when people break up. He wished me the best in life and we ended our conversation.

I put myself into my studies and my work. I got a job at the environmental center, finished my senior year and worked hard. I knew I was set as far as a profession went but I was lonely.

I found myself attending the museum and that's where I ran into Harry May. He worked there and I often talked to him. He was an older man and I felt comfortable with him. He was so different from Randy and that was what I needed.

Harry had never married. He said he never found the right woman until he met me. We began dating and within a year, we got married. We had a great marriage. Our son Terrence was born a year later. Even though Harry was older, we had a lot in common. I do believe that he loved me and just went along with whatever I wanted.

His cancer diagnosis was hard on all three of us. Terry spent as much time as he could with his father. They had a special bond. After Harry's death, Terry had plans on entering the service.

I wasn't sure what to do with my life after Harry's death. I put more and more of myself into my work. My first love left me and my second died much too early in his life.

My cousin invited me to her wedding. My family told me I needed to get out more often. I went to the wedding and met Zack. He was a state representative from Ohio, quite the suave man. He had looks, personality and treated me like a lady. I knew that under the right circumstances, I could really get to like this man.

He asked me if I would stay with him at the wedding. He sure had a way with words. Before leaving the wedding, he kissed me, not once, but twice. He was a gentleman and never mentioned about going any further that night, which made me respect him.

He asked for my phone number and I had no problem giving it to him. He sent me flowers at work the following Monday. I couldn't have been happier. We began dating a couple of weeks later.

After a few months, he asked me to marry him. I wasn't sure what to say. I liked him, I really did but we'd only been together a few months. His lovemaking was wonderful, and he always made sure I reached an orgasm. I liked being with him but I couldn't actually say I loved him yet.

We talked and both admitted that the early marriage proposal was partly because he was running for the state senate. I'd read the papers, where they always identified him as a playboy. I wasn't stupid and knew his chance of winning the senate was much greater if he were married.

When I mentioned this to him, Zack told me the truth. He said that was part of the reason, but he did care for me. I remember he told me he would never marry me just for the arm candy, even though he thought I was a knockout.

Zack was in his late forties and felt he'd waited long enough. We could have a wonderful life together, he added, and he could even help me with my environmental causes. Then he asked me to please say yes so we could grow old together.

I asked for a little time to think about it and Zack had no problem with that. I wanted to talk with my family and inform my son.

Terry was behind me whatever I chose to do.

"Mom, you need a good life. Dad is gone and I know you're alone and I hate that. If you want to marry this man, you have my blessing."

I cried after talking to Terry. I decided to go ahead and take a chance. I contacted Zack by going to his office the following week and gave him my answer. I'd decided to say yes.

We were married a couple of months later by a local judge. Our wedding was much bigger than I wanted but with him being in politics, I guess they considered this a small wedding. We did have a wonderful time and spent a week in Hawaii where we got to know each other a lot more intimately.

Our life together was good. We were both very involved in our professions. He helped me get a number of environmental issues to the floor for votes. I was there with him when he won the election for US senator. I was so proud of him. Of course, it did take more time away from us being together.

Another item that we argued about was his family's background. They supposedly had mob ties. He said that was something he could never discuss with me and not to ask him too many questions about it. The less I knew the better.

I wanted us to do more things together as husband and wife, not just for the cameras. I asked him to take a bus trip to New York with me for a day. The bus would take us there and we would have several hours to shop or tour New York City. He told me to ask my friend Mary to go with me. Maybe he would go another time.

I was peeved at him but went anyway. After a few hours of shopping, I decided to take a break. Mary went on shopping and I told her I would meet her at the bus in about two hours.

I was reading a large sign telling about an Earth Day rally in two months. As I was reading, someone gently put their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?"

I had no idea who it was until he pulled his hands away. I was shocked. It was my old boyfriend Randy from high school and college. We gave each other a big hug. It had been over twenty years since we'd seen each other, so we decided to go to the coffee shop and get a bite to eat.

We talked and talked about old times, and our present lives. He told me that he and his second wife had separated. I told him about my son Terry and of course about Zack. That's when we discussed the rally. He said he was one of the organizers and asked if I would come. I told him I would try to make it. He mentioned that I could make a big difference with name recognition.

I don't know what came over me. I felt like we had never been apart when he reached over and kissed me. It felt so good. It took me back to the times when we dated. I told him I would do my best to come the following month and also to the rally. He kissed me again before I left.

Over the next month, I tried to act normal. I honestly don't know if Zack saw a change in me or not. When we had sex, I thought about Randy. I just couldn't get him out of my mind.

I told Zack that I would be going to New York again the following month. I showed him the advertisement for the rally and told him they wanted me to help with a few opinions. He looked at me but didn't really say much in response.

When the time came, I went on the New York tour by myself. I didn't want anyone to know about Randy. I met him at the offices for the rally and he said they had just finished their meeting and was sorry I missed it.

I told him that now I had a few hours to kill so he invited me over to his condo. It was within walking distance to the bus stop. He told me he was remodeling it and was adding on a patio and had put in a hot tub.

I know I shouldn't have went but I guess I was thinking too much in the past. We went to his condo and he offered me a glass of wine. It wasn't long before we were kissing and he was telling me what a horrible mistake he made by letting me go.

Well, it happened. We began making love on his bed. He wasn't as gentle as I had remembered. He squeezed my breasts hard and he came hard in me before I had a chance to orgasm. He didn't seem like the same Randy that I often remembered.

When it was time to go he said he would see me at the rally and gave me a kiss goodbye. I went out the back way so no one would see me and headed to a bus stop that would take me to my tour bus.

All the way home, I thought about the mistake I had made. I was trying to bring back my past and it wasn't the same. Now I felt regret and remorse. I thought about Zack and how he trusted me and if he ever found out what I had done, I would be dead. Damn! What a stupid woman I was.

After getting home, I tried to make it up to Zack. I paid a lot more attention to him. I gave my all when having sex. He was a much better lover than Randy. What the hell was the matter with me? I almost gave up a great life for one of fantasy, when I was a kid.

My only problem now was that I had to attend the rally the following month. I had mixed emotions about asking Zack to go with me. On one hand, I needed to tell Randy that it was a one-time thing and was over. On the other, I loved the protection I felt when I was with Zack.

Zack made my decision for me. He had to be in Washington that weekend. He needed to vote on some major bills. He dropped me off at the bus terminal, kissed me and said he loved me. It took me by surprise. It was the first time he had told me that in public like that.

Now, I knew I had to tell Randy it was over. I guess deep down I really did love Zack but because of our relationship, I never thought much about it.

I went to the rally. I saw Zack but I didn't get a chance to talk to him much. There were just too many people there. After the rally, I took the bus over to Randy's condo. I had to tell him it was over. I didn't want him contacting me in any way shape or form.

He smiled when he came to the back door. "Well, Sharon, I was waiting for you. I want to fuck you silly," he grinned.

"Randy, I came here to tell you that last time was a mistake. I totally regret it and it's over. Please never try to contact me. I can't believe I did such a stupid thing."

He laughed, "You fucking bitch, you wanted it and I gave it to you. You were always melodramatic when it came to sex. You wanted to fuck and I fucked you. I'm going to continue to do so till I say it's over."

"Fuck you! You son of a bitch. You will never lay a hand on me again. I'll tell my husband that you tried to rape me and he'll take care of you."

"Ha! You stupid bitch. I have our last fuck session on video tape. Who do you believe your old man is going to believe. A cheating wife who was in a stranger's house, or a guy at home offered a piece of ass by a horny chick."

"You bastard!"

"I suggest you take off those clothes and we'll let the fucking begin."

He reached over to grab me and tore my blouse half off me. I was scared shitless. I reached over, grabbed a big wine bottle, and struck him over the head with it. He fell and I saw him hit the floor. I dropped the bottle and ran out the back door.

God, what did I get myself into? I stopped at a clothing store and bought a new blouse. I put my tattered one in my bag. I tried to call Zack twice but he must have had his cell off. I knew I had to tell him everything. It might be the end of my marriage but hopefully, not my life.

****

When I got home from Washington, Sharon came up to me, hugged, and kissed me. "Okay Sharon, I loved that but what the hell is going on?"

She was a nervous wreck. She was shaking. "Zack, I told you I needed to talk with you. I tried your cell phone twice but it must have been off. You're going to hate me but I can't lie to you. I had an affair."

I stood stone-faced staring at her. "When the fuck did this happen and who the hell is the son of a bitch?"

"Zack, please listen to me, I'll tell you everything but you have to listen to me. I made a big mistake. I'm so sorry but you can't get involved with this."

"You're my fucking wife and that makes me involved. Now who the hell is this bastard?"

"Please promise me that you will listen to everything I have to say. I promise to tell you the full truth."

I went and poured us each a straight shot of scotch and said, "Okay, I'm ready to listen, but no promises here."

"His name is Randy Medley. He was my boyfriend in high school. I just happened to run into him when I went to New York. Last month I stopped to see his place and things happened."

"You fucked him, didn't you?" I said in a very mean tone.

"Please Zack, I'll tell you everything. Just give me a little time here. Yes, I did have sexual relations with him. I don't know why I did it. It was as if I was this high school girl again. I was wrong and I know that. He isn't half the lover that you are and I do totally regret it."

"So, why are you telling me this now? Why didn't you break it off, instead of going back to see him again?"

"I went for the rally but I stopped by his place to let him know I never wanted to see him again and that it was a big mistake. He laughed at me and called be vile names, then pushed me and said he was going to force me to have sex with him. He ripped my blouse.

"Zack, I was scared, I grabbed a wine bottle off the table and struck him across the head with it. He fell and hit the floor. I never looked back. I ran out his back door and into the public streets. I went to the first store I came to and bought a blouse.

"I tried to call you but I figured you had your cell phone off."

"Is that everything? Did you tell me everything?"

"Zack, he said he taped the time we had sex. I should have looked around for it but I was too scared. What if that tape gets into the wrong hands? I'm worried about you. God, I'm so sorry that I was so stupid." She was crying now.

She didn't realize that I knew a lot of what she told me. I was surprised but yet happy that she was out to end it with this piece of trash. I wanted to hold her but at the same time I needed her to understand what she did to our marriage.

"Sharon, stop crying. It will be all right. When most men say they tape something, they really didn't. Unless he expected you to come to his house last month, he wouldn't have it ready. He was probably going to do it this time. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'll make a couple of calls and see that he gets a visit the first of the week."

"Thank you Zack, I was so stupid to act the way I did. I promise you if you don't divorce me I'll be the best wife ever."

"Okay, we'll deal with all this later. Right now, we have a dinner date with a couple of judges and their wives. We will deal with our personal problem tomorrow after I have a chance to think about it. I suggest you pull yourself together and get ready. I'll expect you to act like the loving wife of a senator tonight."

Sharon got up without saying anything else and got dressed to go out. We had our dinner engagement and it went well. Sharon stayed at my side the full time and acted like the perfect wife. I even kissed her lightly on the cheek a couple of times and held her hand. Our problems weren't over by a long shot but we did set them aside for the night.

When we got home, I told her she could sleep in the guest room. I didn't want to sleep with her till I could figure out what I was going to do. She went to kiss me goodnight and I shook my head no. She went to the spare room crying.

********

The next morning when I got up, Sharon was 'Little Miss Susie Homemaker'. She had bacon and eggs, biscuits and gravy along with hash brown potatoes prepared. She knew this was my favorite breakfast. I sat down to a cup of fresh hot coffee.

"Thank you Sharon, I really do appreciate this."

We sat down together and talked about our dinner date the night before. As we finished eating, there was a knock at the front door. I got up to answer it and there were two men standing there, one in a police uniform.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" I asked.

"We're sorry to bother you, Senator, but we would like to speak to Mrs. Morten if you don't mind. I'm Lieutenant Burrows from the local police department and this is Lieutenant Akers from the New York police department."

"New York? Why would the New York police department be interested in my wife?"

"Please Senator Morten; we have some questions to ask her concerning a Randy Medley."

Right then Sharon walked in the room. "What is it Zack? I heard my name mentioned."

"These officers have some questions for you. Please come in gentlemen, and have a seat. Would you like a cup of coffee?"

"No Senator, we're here on official business," they said as they sat down. "Mrs. Morten, do you know a Randy Medley from New York?"

"Yes I do, as a matter of fact I saw him a few days ago when I attended an Earth Day rally in New York. What's this all about?" asked Sharon.

"He was murdered at his home the other day. We found your fingerprints on a broken wine bottle. Would you mind explaining how your prints got onto this bottle?"

"Oh my god!" cried out Sharon. "I didn't mean to kill him. I hit him with the bottle to protect myself. He was making advances toward me and when he ripped my blouse, I grabbed the bottle and hit him with it. Oh god, I didn't mean to kill him."

Sharon lay in my arms, distraught, and cried on my shoulder. I was about ready to say something when Lieutenant Akers spoke up. "Mrs. Morten, Randy Medley wasn't killed by the hit on the head. We would like to hear your story on why you were there."