Eclipse of the Moon Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Julian wasn't that kind of boy. And he especially wouldn't leave if her parents had told him that she would be home.

Daemon snarled, "You have five minutes, whore. If he's not gone by then I'll kill him."

As Daemon's body parted from hers, she was quick not to waste any time. She pulled her jeans back up her legs quickly. Lior was almost out the door before the open flaps of her shirt reminded her that she wasn't looking like someone who had just been recently grounded. She grabbed her brother's sweater off the hook on his door, pulling it over her head as she simultaneously ran out of the room.

She needed to calm herself, to take a breath, but she didn't have time.

Five minutes wasn't enough, but she knew Daemon wasn't going to be making any exceptions for someone who had just interrupted his plans.

Her palms hit the banister, azure eyes looking down the stairs and into the foyer. They were met by a charming pair of stormy grey looking up at her just as expectantly.

Julian was standing there, hands in the pockets of his formal dress pants and freshly pressed shirt on show. His auburn hair had been combed and gelled back - a style that was different than the disheveled one she was used to seeing.

If the situation had been any less stressful she would have commented on how handsome he looked.

Instead, she was looking for the fastest way to get him out of here without making him suspicious.

Her heart was still pounding loudly in her chest as her lips parted, "Julian..."

His smile was warm and charming, hand slipping behind his neck, "Hey you. Hope you don't mind me dropping by. Your parents kinda mentioned that you were on lockdown." He rubbed the back of his head, "They said it would be okay if I dropped by for a bit though- see how you were."

Angel bit into her cheek. God, he was so sweet. It almost brought tears to her eyes but she quickly stifled them. She made her way down the stairs as casually, but also as briskly, as she could manage. She wrapped her arms around herself, Aaron's sweater swallowing her completely, "I'm okay. I guess I just didn't feel like playing nice with my parents today."

She felt a chill run down her spine and she instantly knew Daemon was close by. Her entire body tensed.

"At least you got out of playing dress up for the night" Julian replied, motioning to his own clothes and laughing softly.

Her laugh was also soft, but it was very much hollow. It seemed to appease Julian, though. She looked at him, "You clean up pretty good, Julian." She looked at the clock, watching the second hand tick away loudly. She shook her head, pushing her bangs back, "Hey, you wanna step outside with me? I need some air." The coldness travelled down her back, freezing her, before she saw something that caused her entire body to contract.

Daemon was standing behind Julian.

Right behind him.

She took an instant step forward.

The look on her face must have reflected what she was feeling because Julian immediately took a step towards her, "You okay?"

"Too long, whore" Daemon snarled, cracking his clawed fingers and moving towards Julian with murderous eyes.

There was no time for thinking. She quickly stepped forward, wrapping her arms around Julian's waist, and hugged him tightly. The hug altered their position, Angel now occupying the space in between Daemon and Julian - a temporary barrier. Her eyes clenched shut. She waited for the feel of Daemon's claws sinking into her back, the sudden onslaught of pain as he speared through her -

But it never came.

She blinked against Julian's shoulder.

"Angel...?"

She became extremely aware of the complications of the action she had just committed and how confused Julian must have been. She was also keenly aware that his arms were wrapped around her middle. Her mouth went dry, "I, um..."

She couldn't think of a single to say because she was still trying to figure out where Daemon had gone. Her heart was racing. Was he still behind her? Did she need to switch positions again?

One thing was clear, though: she needed to get Julian out of the house. Now.

She parted from him, heat staining her cheeks. Her hand went to her face, "Um, let's go outside. I need some air." Her eyes met his, crisp pools of stormy grey that looked at her curiously, and she could barely stand to keep the contact going. But she did, and she even managed a smile to reassure him.

Julian nodded, though was still obviously taken back by her strange behavior just moments ago, "Okay." He turned, standing beside her as they walked towards the front doors.

Every step seemed like it took forever.

She tried not to let her eyes dart around conspicuously but it was hard. She was on high alert - she felt like anything, no matter how small or harmless, could have made her jump at this point.

Daemon was going to kill her. He was going to do it slowly because of what she had just done. And there was still the possibility he would hurt Julian unless she got him out of here fast.

The cool night air struck her hard, almost taking the breath out of her lungs. She inhaled deeply, the black calm of outside deflating the pressure that had built up inside her chest. The door clicked closed, and Julian stood beside her, waiting patiently.

She wrapped her arms around herself, not used to the cool fall here.

Julian quirked a brow at her, "You're acting really strange tonight."

Lior shifted uncomfortably, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Just tell me what's going on - you seem really... tense". He followed as she sat on the step of the front porch, watching as she knotted her hands together.

She laughed, although it sounded shallow even to her, "Nothing that you need to worry about, Jewels. I just had a fallout with my parents... I said some things I probably shouldn't have. Regret isn't the greatest feeling in the world, you know?" What a good liar she was becoming these days.

Julian nodded, tilting his head, "Yeah, I can relate to that. What were you fighting about?"

Lior sighed, trying to still the voice inside her head that was still on high alert. It was the same voice that reminded her of how much pain she was going to be in once she returned to the house. She brought her hand up, running it through her hair and pushing it back out of her eyes, "Moving here - moving away from Arizona. Them moving Aaron and I away from everything that we had back there." She shook her head, looking to her feet, "I guess I'm just feeling a little homesick is all."

He nodded slowly, crossing his arms over his knees, "It's understandable. I mean, you were uprooted from home during your last year of school. All your friends are back there - and it can't be as cold back there as it is here". He cracked a smile at her, "Anyone would feel how you're feeling right now, Ang. You have a right to be upset. Your parents - well, you know that they just think they're doing what's best for you guys. They see this as a good decision long term even if it's not the best short term."

She wavered, "I know... I know, and I tell myself that, but sometimes-" a soft sigh left her lips, "-sometimes I just can't do it. And that's what tonight was."

Julian took her shoulder, "It's allowed. You're allowed to voice your feelings and you're allowed to be angry sometimes. It's human."

"Being human is overrated" she replied, muffling her face into her hands.

Julian chuckled, "I agree, but what can you do? We're kinda stuck like this."

She peered to the side, "Until the day we die."

"A little morbid."

"Sorry" she apologized, more out of habit than anything.

It was right then, after he turned his head, that she realized how good Julian really looked tonight.

She smiled softly, "You know, you clean up pretty good when you want to".

He smiled in return, eyes playful as he looked back to her, "Thanks - good to know that all that prep work payed off. I thought you were coming so I tried to look a bit more presentable than usual".

Angel laughed, heat rising to her cheeks, "I feel a little underdressed now".

He looked to her, smiling, "You look beautiful. You always do".

She rubbed her arm unconsciously, not sure what to say right then. She certainly didn't feel beautiful. She actually felt pretty goddamn horrible. She hurt everywhere, and there were so many marks and bruises... and she always felt dirty. She felt like she would never be clean ever again. But she couldn't say that. So instead she simply shuffled her feet. Her gaze glossed over, "...Thanks".

"Anytime". He paused for a moment, "Angel... I kind of wanted to ask you something".

She looked to him, snapped out of her thoughts rather suddenly by the onset of his nervousness, "Well that sounds ominous".

Julian shook his head, "No, nothing like that". He leaned back, looking off to the side before bringing his glance back up to hers, "I just wanted to ask you... if maybe you wanted to go out sometime?" He rubbed the back of his neck tentatively, eyes skittering up to hers hopefully, "you know, with me?"

Angel was momentarily confused. They had been out loads of times, so why...?

She blinked. She blinked again as realization hit, "...like... on a date?"

Julian looked like he was struggling with what to say for a moment, before he continued slowly, "Yeah... like on a date".

Oh god. Oh god. Lior didn't know what to do. She couldn't... she just couldn't. She really liked Julian, so, so much... but she couldn't get him involved in her life right now. Not with Daemon making it impossible for people to get within arms distance of her. Not when he would be in danger every time he stepped into her house.

Julian sensed the hesitation and was quick to fill the silence, "I really like you, Angel... I kinda got the sense that you liked me too. Even if it's just one date that goes horribly wrong, and is insanely awkward, I'd still want to do it. If it doesn't work, well, it doesn't. We can always go back to being friends".

"Julian..." she whispered, "I..."

He suddenly got up, ruffling his hair, "Hey, don't worry about it, okay? It was just an idea... forget I-"

Lior was up in a moment, her arms wrapping around his middle tightly.

He seemed stunned for a moment, but his arms quickly caught up and encompassed her as he returned the hug.

"Yes" she whispered softly into his shoulder.

"Yes?" Julian repeated.

She could feel his heart against his chest, beating perfectly against her cheek. This was how it was supposed to feel... warm, and affectionate, and sweet... not like with Daemon. The thought of him made her shudder. It made her resentful that she would have to go back... and it made her fearful. Because she knew that she had just committed a cardinal sin against Daemon... and if he found out...

...he could never find out.

The uncomfortable feeling faded when she looked up and saw Julian's smiling face - how genuinely excited he was. Her heart fluttered in that nervous-happy kind of way. She could hardly believe that he was this happy because of something she had said... because of something she had done. It was such a good feeling. God, how long had it been since she had actually felt good about something she had done?

"Julian" she whispered quietly.

"Mhm" he replied softly.

"Promise me something. It's going to sound strange, but I need you to do it... and not ask me why, okay?"

His arms tightened around her, "What is it?"

She took a deep breath, "Whenever we meet up... it can't be at the house, okay?" She let her forehead loll against his chest.

Julian tilted his head, "Not at your house?"

Lior nodded.

"But wh-"

"You promised you wouldn't ask".

Julian held her tightly, "I know, I'm sorry. It's just a strange request, Angel... is everything okay?"

She froze, "I..." What did she say? What did she do? He'd think she was crazy if she told him the truth. And then he might try to go inside, and Daemon would kill him. She knew better than to think that she'd get lucky twice. "I just... I really don't like it here. I know it's stupid... but I would just rather not, y'know, be here if I have the choice".

Julian searched her eyes, "Did you want me to stay? Then you don't have to be alone?"

God, she really did. She wanted him to stay, to keep holding her so that she could feel the warmth of his body that was so honest and alive. But she couldn't. It would be so much worse for her... for her family. Nausea built up in the pit of her stomach, "I do... but my parents will be pissed if they think I took you away from the party. I'm not supposed to have friends over while I'm in lock down" she murmured softly.

He sighed, "Yeah, they did actually mention that." His arms tightened around her, giving her a tender squeeze, before they slid away. His hand touched hers, lingering there for a moment, "I'll call you later - we'll plan something".

There was a happiness in his face that she wanted to reflect back at him. And she tried. Since he smiled back, she assumed she did an alright job. "Sounds good. G'night, Julian". She took a step back, towards the door, feeling the icy chill emanate from behind the thick wood.

Julian turned and walked away with a content smile on his face.

Her face, once his was out of sight, fell.

With shaky hands she turned, looking at the door that had pure evil behind it. He was there, the demon that haunted her dreams, waiting to punish her for what she had done. She flinched and took a stilted breath. Her heart was pounding as she got ready to plead for her life... for the life of her family. All she wanted to do was run as far away from this place as she could, but she couldn't. He would kill them. He would kill them because of what she had done.

Lior walked back into her house, pausing as she made the first step.

The door slipped shut behind her. She screwed her eyes closed, knowing that he was here. He was everywhere. Her voice came out, a desperate pleading sound, "I'm sorry..."

A chill struck, every hair on the back of her spine rising on end.

"I-I'm sorry, Daemon, please..."

"Open your eyes".

Angel flinched, but she did what she was told.

Her back instantly hit the door. He was inches away, staring into her with those deep crimson eyes that caused hers to become frantic. She stared into them, unconsciously searching.

If there was any doubt about her seeing him before, there was none now. He knew.

Daemon stepped forward, reached out, and placed a hand across her throat. He felt her thundering pulse, wild and furious against his touch. He saw terror reflected in those eyes that saw him. Actually saw him. His fingers tightened, just enough for there to be pressure against the tender and bruised flesh, "You lied to me, whore... you can see me". He let his digits slip into her hair, pulling it back sharply to expose her slender throat, "Do you know what I do... to little whores that lie to me, Lior?"

She pressed herself into the wall, whimpering, "I-it just happened... please..."

His lips touched the shell of her ear, breath an icy whisper, "They get punished". When his clenched hand tightened, Lior's fingers moved upwards, grasping them, struggling to take breath, "And they lose... what they hold most precious to them".

"I'm sorry, p-please don't hurt them, please" she begged, tears creeping down her cheeks, "Punish me, not them. I'm... I'm the one that lied..." she tried to redirect his anger; anything to turn his wrath away from her family that would be coming home in a few short hours, "I-I'm your whore. A-and I lied to you. Punish me".

Crimson eyes flickered up, "Precious, aren't you? The girl that will do anything to protect her family". His grip loosened, stroking the line from neck to collar bone, "You fucked up, whore... and now it's time to pay for it". He let go of her hair.

Her head fell and she was left to face him.

It was the first time she had really looked at him... the first time she had gotten to see him, to see exactly what she was up against. A demon. Black hair, tanned flesh, crimson eyes that were reminiscent of freshly spilled blood. He was bigger than her. Stronger than her. And he was going to kill her.

His physical presence made her painfully aware that she would see it all now. She would see everything that he wanted her too... her family would never be safe. And the torture - her torture - would never end.

"It's rude to stare, Lior" he cooed, lifting her chin so their eyes met, feeling her tremble under even the softest touch from his hand. This thumb brushed her cheek, an almost tender movement.

He would play with her... pull her strings, debase her to her core... and then do it all again.

"Do you like the way I look? The way I feel?" he pressed himself against her fully, feeling the soft contours of her body flush against his, "Just like a little whore..."

She didn't know what to do when his lips touched hers.

It wasn't the violent motion she was used to. It was soft... almost intimate. And that scared her more than anything. She knew he was angry. She could see it in his eyes, mixed with that overwhelming lust that made her want to curl up under the covers and hide.

Daemon parted, brushing his lips with hers as he did, "You're going to go upstairs to your room" he let his hand slide across her arm, across the material of her sweater, down to her hip, "you're going to undress" he let his hand slip under, touching skin that was still healing, "and you're going to wait for me, on your knees, until I get there". Fingers traced over wounds, and then he leaned in, "if it's not all done in two minutes, you're going to watch me peel the skin off of the next person who walks through that door".

Lior flinched, terrified.

He took a step back, watching her with half lidded eyes, "Your time started fifteen seconds ago".

Blue eyes widened, stricken, but her body knew it had to move. There was no time to hesitate. There was no time to think of later because there was only now. She shot gunned the stairs two at a time, blood rushing in her ears, praying for time to slow down so that she could make it. The door to her room had barely opened when she threw her sweater to the ground and shoved her jeans down her legs in such a frenzy that her fingers clipped wounds and re-opened them.

A whimper escaped her lips, but it didn't stop her from moving. Bra and panties hit the floor, followed by her knees.

Her breathing was hard. She took it in uneven and shallow gulps, hair splayed across her face. Did she make it? Did she...?

"So eager to please".

Angel jumped, looking to the side... where he had been there, waiting, the entire time.

Leaning against the wall, he was watching her frantic attempt to obey his wishes.

Her eyes turned down to the floor, clenching shut. It didn't help any. She could still see him... could see the sharp planes of his chest, the red hues of his damning eyes.

"Just where she belongs. On her knees" he murmured, walking to her, letting his fingers caress silver tresses. She shook under his touch like a rabbit with its foot caught in the trap. The fear was so present, it was intoxicating, "Open your eyes - don't make me tell you that again".

Blue eyes fluttered open, and she looked at him standing tall above her while she kneeled before him.

"You want to prove to me how sorry you are?" he whispered cruelly, "You want to save your family? Then show me why I should give them any mercy..." he tilted her chin up, "show me that you can be a good little whore without me killing them". He dropped her chin.

Lior froze. Show him. He couldn't... he couldn't mean...

He leaned down, close to her ear, as the expression flittered across her face, "You're already on your knees, kid. Now all you have to do is part those pretty little lips and suck". He watched as the mix of horror and insecurity crossed her face... watched as she started to shake even more. A smirk spread across his lips, "You're going to wrap those pretty little lips around my cock... and suck me off like a good little slut."